EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #1
Bunji

Build Master

Now in the Test server marketplace, under the Goblin Games category, you can buy a Gigglegibber Glockenspiel for 100SC which will allow you to play one of three games. You recieve a prize everytime you win, selected at random from the following list:

Gigglegibber Gear GimletPotion of VitalityResearch Time Reduction IResearch Time Reduction IIResearch Time Reduction IIIMinor Potion of the AdvancedGreater Potion of the AdvancedSuperior Potion of the AdvancedExtended Potion of the AdvancedArasai Heritage Armor CrateBarbarian Heritage Armor CrateDark Elf Heritage Armor CrateErudite Heritage Armor CrateGnome Heritage Armor CrateHigh Elf Heritage Armor CrateHuman Heritage Armor CrateOgre Heritage Armor CrateRatonga Heritage Armor CrateMagical Storm WhistleDark Harbingers Flight WingsNightmare Flight WingsPegasus Feather Flight WingsVelium-Saddled WarhogHealth PotionPower PotionScroll of ResurrectionGigglegibber Glockenspiel Majestic PridewingUlteran ProwlerSinister ProwlerEthereal ProwlerGigglegibber Gold

Notes: Your ticket is only consumed after you recieve a prize, so if you lose you can keep trying until you win.  Many of the prizes listed above may also be purchased for Gigglegibber Gold pieces, which you may choose to take as your prize when you win.

Bunji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #2
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Hi there! Although I haven't seen the tickets, we decided as a Test channel to ask if they'll be free or not to the testers (in an effort to run them multiple times and really give good feedback). Would you mind considering this? Thanks!

Old 08-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #3
Absynthia
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Sweet Salvation

Blushing Fae

I agree, please let us test these without charge so that we can give you feedback! Our characters are not transferrable to other servers, so there should be no worries :0

I will wait to test these if we can get a complimentary few, it looks like a fun game but it would be best to roll it out with no bugs SMILEY

thanks in advance

Old 08-18-2012, 12:40 AM   #4
Lamatu

Loremaster

I tested the goblin grub mini game and it went fine and was completed in under two minutes. The cost of a ticket is 1 dollar or 100SC. So for spending a buck you can be rewarded with a random prize of SC Heriatage armor, mounts, potions.

The only new item reward is the gear unattuner which isn't available for purchase for SC. The only reason I would buy a lotto ticket would be a chance to win this.

After completing the mini game for a dollar I was rewared with a 6 hour reaserch reduction potion and 2 Gigglegibber gold coins.

The gear unattuner costs 32 coins. I imagine there will be some who if not lucky will spend 16 bucks to get this 1 charge item.

If Bunji could respond and let us know if the loot has a equal chance from the game that would be great. I assume it does not and things like the mounts, heritage armor and unattuner will be more rare.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:48 AM   #5
ChrissyFaey

Loremaster

Include prestige houses~!

ChrissyFaey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:56 AM   #6
General_Info

Lord

Lamatu wrote:

After completing the mini game for a dollar I was rewared with a 6 hour reaserch reduction potion and 2 Gigglegibber gold coins.

The gear unattuner costs 32 coins. I imagine there will be some who if not lucky will spend 16 bucks to get this 1 charge item.

If Bunji could respond and let us know if the loot has a equal chance from the game that would be great. I assume it does not and things like the mounts, heritage armor and unattuner will be more rare.

I would be interested to know if the coins given out are static or have varying payouts (as well as where/how you spend them) and what the gold coin 'cost' is relative to if you bought the item straight from the marketplace.

Old 08-18-2012, 03:26 AM   #7
Skeez1e

Tester

I fed the goblins, got my reward and zoned back to the guild hall - an empty guild hall.  Camped to myself and the GH was back to normal. I'll try the rest tomorrow - can see where the unattuning clicky would be very nice!

Old 08-18-2012, 03:54 AM   #8
Cloudrat

Tester

ok I played all three games serveral times , didn't like the grub one as it was a  pita getting to the goblin on the second floor lol.

The other two games were very doable by me so i am guessing everyone else will say  too easy.  Since it really is just a fun little pastime much like lotto scratchers, I would say you did a good job.

I also came back into an empty guildhall and I guess that is because I came to guildhall via leaderboard portal house.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:25 AM   #9
theriatis

Loremaster

Hi,

uh, maybe a silly question but... if i buy from the Marketplace on Test_Copy to test something, will it go from my normal Station Cash Account which i also use on Live ?

Regards, Theriatis.

i need a good laugh now and then, too
theriatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:41 AM   #10
Lizabethan

Philosopher

theriatis wrote:

Hi,

uh, maybe a silly question but... if i buy from the Marketplace on Test_Copy to test something, will it go from my normal Station Cash Account which i also use on Live ?

Regards, Theriatis.

Yep, it'll come from your "live" SC (which is bound by account). Which is why we wanted to see if they'll make it free for us to test!

Old 08-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #11
Anastasie

Loremaster

So is this supposed to be a perk for the test server or is this something they will actually add to the live game.  Normally the test server does not use real SC.  Test server toons used to have separate SC and they gave you a lot of SC so you could test the items on the marketplace. 

Anastasie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #12
Kuulei

Tester

I tested each game once.  They were a fun little diversion with a chance to win something cool or gather coins to buy items.  Like posted ahead of me, its like playing a scratch off ticket for a buck.

As far as giving SC to Test for testing this, I say NO, as its account-bound for any of the SOE games so there is just no way to add SC that wouldn't affect live in some way.

I am not opposed to handing them a few of the game tokens for testing however.  I didnt mind testing it with 300 SC I used to do so, I got a nice pair of wings for my toon on test from it!

Old 08-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #13
Kuulei

Tester

Anastasie wrote:

So is this supposed to be a perk for the test server or is this something they will actually add to the live game.This is in-testing at the moment on Test only (Test_copy has been shut down and I am suspecting it won't be back ). We are spending our own SC we purchased on this new endeavor and I am sure it will be live soon enough

Normally the test server does not use real SC.I have used "real" SC since they added it. Just ask my credit card company . I am not sure where you get your information.

Test server toons used to have separate SC and they gave you a lot of SC so you could test the items on the marketplace. The only time I know of that there was unlimited SC was on Beta Server. Beta is seperate of Live and Test / Test_Copy

Since SC is account-bound, there would be no way to "give" a server's community SC that wouldn't affect all the SOE games.

As I stated in my previous post, I wouldn't be opposed to the dev team to award a limited number of the game tokens to test the games but a big NO to previous posts asking for SC to buy said tokens.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #14
Anastasie

Loremaster

I can't imagine them removing test_copy altogether.  It would make it very difficult to really get good feedback for any endgame content if it isn't there.  Perhaps it's just turned off for this particular test since they are allowing SC to be on the test server and it would be very bad to have it activated on test_copy since that server is wiped on occasion.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #15
Kuulei

Tester

Anastasie wrote:

I can't imagine them removing test_copy altogether.  It would make it very difficult to really get good feedback for any endgame content if it isn't there.  Perhaps it's just turned off for this particular test since they are allowing SC to be on the test server and it would be very bad to have it activated on test_copy since that server is wiped on occasion.

Anastasie I really am not sure where you get your info.  The only difference between Test and other servers is a slight experience bonus of 50% since the population is extremely low. Players that play there from other servers or exclusively, pay for thier accounts just as US, EU, RUS, JA, etc pay. Its just a different "Realm".

SC is account-based, no matter which SOE game you play.  I have always had my SC available no matter which realm I played. I have toons on an EU_ENG server, JA, US and Test.  If you spend SC while on on US server, it drops your total.  Same with EU, JA, Test, etc.

It is NOT seperate

Old 08-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #16
Xianthia

Loremaster

Lizabethan wrote:

theriatis wrote:

Hi,

Regards, Theriatis.

Yep, it'll come from your "live" SC (which is bound by account). Which is why we wanted to see if they'll make it free for us to test!

This wasn't always the case was it? I'm fairly certain that at some point Test_copy had unlimited SC (not from your live account).  That said, if they decide to give free SC to test these games out, it should really go on test _copy to allow a broader audience of testing.

(assuming of course that Test_copy is available if they'd do this)

Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #17
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Xianthia wrote:

if they decide to give free SC to test these games out

Nono, you're misunderstanding what we asked for! We don't want free SC (as in a bonus that no other server gets), we were just asking if we could have a few limited tokens to test it for bugs - maybe not even keeping the rewards. Like others have said, testers on one server or another used to be able to test that way.

However, it seems that others on Test have already bought the tickets and determined it to be fine. I was just wondering if we might open up that dialogue for sometime in the future. SMILEY

Old 08-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #18
Xianthia

Loremaster

Lizabethan wrote:

Xianthia wrote:

if they decide to give free SC to test these games out

Nono, you're misunderstanding what we asked for! We don't want free SC (as in a bonus that no other server gets), we were just asking if we could have a few limited tokens to test it for bugs - maybe not even keeping the rewards. Like others have said, testers on one server or another used to be able to test that way.

However, it seems that others on Test have already bought the tickets and determined it to be fine. I was just wondering if we might open up that dialogue for sometime in the future.

I definitely misunderstood your request then, my apologies for that.

Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #19
jjlo69

Loremaster

looking over rewards i love the singe shot shot unattuners but please please please make those gold and sc( id easily pay pay 500 sc each for those)

jjlo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #20
Kuulei

Tester

As it is now, the 'unattuner' is min 1600 SC if you play the games and only accept the 2 goblin tokens rather than taking the other award.

I dont see them hitting the regular SC for a measly 500

Old 08-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #21
Anastasie

Loremaster

Kuulei wrote:

Anastasie wrote:

Anastasie I really am not sure where you get your info.  The only difference between Test and other servers is a slight experience bonus of 50% since the population is extremely low. Players that play there from other servers or exclusively, pay for thier accounts just as US, EU, RUS, JA, etc pay. Its just a different "Realm".

SC is account-based, no matter which SOE game you play.  I have always had my SC available no matter which realm I played. I have toons on an EU_ENG server, JA, US and Test.  If you spend SC while on on US server, it drops your total.  Same with EU, JA, Test, etc.

It is NOT seperate

I have never played on the regular test server. My comments are based upon the test_copy server which at one point did have unlimited SC and then they turned it off completely for the test_copy server.  There was some sort of exploit/bug/oversight that allowed people with the unlimited SC on the test_copy server to purchase subscriptions.   I was also responding to your comment that they removed the test_copy server completely which I strongly feel would be a huge mistake.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #22
jjlo69

Loremaster

Kuulei wrote:

As it is now, the 'unattuner' is min 1600 SC if you play the games and only accept the 2 goblin tokens rather than taking the other award.

I dont see them hitting the regular SC for a measly 500

ok so let me get this 100 sc for 2 coins.. hmm the 1900 sc items are listed at like 154 iirc cheaper to just buy the item and 1600 sc for one unattuner bit a bad price considering the lon one sells for rouoghly 5k+ plat when i can get a sc card for a few hundred plat 

jjlo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #23
Deveryn
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Fourth Wall

Loremaster

ChrissyFaey wrote:

Include prestige houses~!

Include LoN prestige houses!

Old 08-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #24
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Anastasie wrote:

I have never played on the regular test server. My comments are based upon the test_copy server which at one point did have unlimited SC and then they turned it off completely for the test_copy server.  There was some sort of exploit/bug/oversight that allowed people with the unlimited SC on the test_copy server to purchase subscriptions.   I was also responding to your comment that they removed the test_copy server completely which I strongly feel would be a huge mistake.

Like you said, SC has been disabled on Test Copy for some time and considering the various abuses people found with it, I don't foresee it ever returning there. Yes, I realize I'm not a red name and that's just my opinion, but considering their lack of reinstituting unlimited SC on Copy.. since what, Freeblood was released?..., it's not worth holding your breath over.

I'd love to help test this but I'm not wasting the little bit of SC I have left on my level 30 Test toon. Really don't foresee me caring about this after it goes live either unless, like suggested above, LoN houses (and maybe LoN paintings!) are added to the possibilities. Even then, 100SC per is too steep IMO... 25SC would've been a *much* bigger hook for something like this.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #25
Kuulei

Tester

A 100 SC doesn't seem too steep, athough it would be better if it were 50SC

I think the reward or only 2 goblin gold could be better if you could get 3-4 coins rather than 2.

But as some have stated, I won't continue testing, using my own SC for a test toon.  I tested the 3 games, they seem to work fine so I did my bit for 300 SC lol.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #26
Aneova
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Masters of the Universe

Loremaster

Kuulei wrote:

Anastasie wrote:

It is NOT seperate

They have seperated it before, I had 2k station cash on test copy and could use it at the merchents that allow you to buy potions and mounts for station cash and that amount listed previously never changed. So yes, they can do it, WILL they do it is the question.

Originally Posted by Smed: I've been a regular lurker on this site for a while but I wanted to step in here and dispel something that's just plain not true - I don't have my name highlighted here, but anyone that doubts it's me can email me at [email protected] and I'll happily reply. We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement. In any event, I wanted to stop in and at least set the record straight - you aren't going to be seeing RMT allowed on the non-exchange enabled servers.

John Smedley President, Sony Online Entertainment
Aneova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #27
Mermut

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Kuulei wrote:

Anastasie wrote:

It is NOT seperate

They have seperated it before, I had 2k station cash on test copy and could use it at the merchents that allow you to buy potions and mounts for station cash and that amount listed previously never changed. So yes, they can do it, WILL they do it is the question.

test_copy and test are two completely different servers.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #28
Kuulei

Tester

Ok my take on this:

A little diversion that might be fun and help get some of the SC spent that some have hoarded and get us to whip out our credit cards if you ever have another bonus SC weekend.

Now from what I saw, you got either the 2 coins OR the prize upon winning the game, not both.

I suggest making it 4 coins or the prize! Two coins isnt enough in my opinion.

I am avoiding Test for now, as I log in and find myself playing a goblin game!

Old 08-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #29
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

On the Test/Test_copy problem. At a time there was infinite SC on copy (like in beta) until they added in the character slots for purchase. Dirst thing I did was buy one, check it worked on every server, buy a second one to replicate the exploit, filed a petition, filed a bug and contact red names. Infinite SC disappeared not to return on copy... But it did came back in beta and the char slots couldn't be purchased there. Anyway, copy has been down for quite some time now so it's not relevant.

I won't test those games as I just won't spend my own SC to test something I have no interest in. It would have been nice to send 3 tickets to every account, or one per char, something. Testing with your own money is not a very good move.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote