EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Berserker
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
Tekadeo

Loremaster

The issue with Jeering has been out there for a long time and never been addressed, but the new AoE Utter Destruction also requires you to have a target to cast it. It's a medium annoyance and not game breaking, but an annoyance nonetheless.  Why do we have the only two AoE's that require a target?I thought maybe you needed a target for the new one simply because it was formerly a single target skill. But then I leveled my Swashy up and their single-target-turned-AoE does NOT need a target. What the heck gives here? Why do these two Zerker AoE's need a target? Any ideas? Is it gamebreaking to have multiple open AoE's? /puzzled.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

Tekadeo wrote:

The issue with Jeering has been out there for a long time and never been addressed, but the new AoE Utter Destruction also requires you to have a target to cast it. It's a medium annoyance and not game breaking, but an annoyance nonetheless.  Why do we have the only two AoE's that require a target?I thought maybe you needed a target for the new one simply because it was formerly a single target skill. But then I leveled my Swashy up and their single-target-turned-AoE does NOT need a target. What the heck gives here? Why do these two Zerker AoE's need a target? Any ideas? Is it gamebreaking to have multiple open AoE's? /puzzled.

Why does insolence go away if you don't hit anything with it?

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Tekadeo wrote:

Why is blood rage worthless?

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
Tekadeo

Loremaster

Because it gives a self buff

Old 04-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
Tekadeo

Loremaster

Why is blood rage worthless?

Why are you derailing another thread?

Old 04-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
Tekadeo

Loremaster

I am upgrading this to a real annoyance.  When you are facing multiple adds is when you cast your AoE's.  These mobs die fast, but if you try and cast either aoe and a mob dies before you finish casting, you get "No target" even though there are targets for a normal aoe to hit, and you have to retarget and cast again (or try).  

Unless there is some unforseen reasoning behind this, FIX PLEASE!

Old 04-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #7
LygerT

Loremaster

blue AoEs should never need a target, the end.

but don't hold your breath.

LygerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #8
Tekadeo

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

blue AoEs should never need a target, the end.

but don't hold your breath.

Lyger while I share your general frustration with our beloved Berserker class, turn that frown upside down bro.  At least we have a little better itemization so far in DoV2.0.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #9
yadlajoi

Loremaster

better itemization? i ve seen lot of gear with ae AUTO ATTACK... evryone has zerker mythical... anyway blue ae SHOULD NEVER NEED A TARGET.
yadlajoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:04 AM   #10
Tekadeo

Loremaster

Better itemization = copious amounts of multi attack.  As bad as Tuor annoys the general population, he's right.  We need tons of MA to hold aggro, and we need hit rates to hold aggro.  

Since SoE refuses to fix the warrior aa tree or any of our multiple (seriously, multiple) issues, this is all we can do.

Also bumping for a fix to Jeering and Utter Destruction to NOT require a target.