EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Berserker
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

WARRIOR TREE:

Strength Tree:

Executioner's Wrath: Increase of Increasing Critical Chance, Critical Bonus. (but dispell after using one attack)

Executioner's Fury: 12% Chance to Reset the Cooldown of any spell or combat art used. (currently its useless.)

Executioner's Fortification: increases this effect above by 1% per point.

Agility Tree:

Dragoon's Cyclone: 2 Buffs, Make it Add Strikethrough OR Aoe Autoattack. (this way its good for both berserkers and guardians.)

Dragoon's Avoidance: Make it Riposte Chance when not using a shield. (since the other one is block chance)

Dragoon's Reflexes: Make it where it doesn't dispell, ever.

Stamina Tree:

Reversal: Change Ruling so it happens 25-50% of the time instead of every 30 seconds, 30 seconds is way too long these days. (maybe change it so it can be used without shield.)

Arena Endurance: Small Mana/Threat Proc When Hit, Mana Proc On Attack.

Wisdom tree:

Belly Smash: Remove Knockback Requirements

Seasoned Veteran: Autoattack Modifier instead of DPS.

Unshakeable: Instead of adding 250 Mitigation for 10 points, Damage Reduction.

 

Stance Mastery:

Adds Damage Reduction and Strikethrough to Defensive stance (5% DR, 10% Strikethrough)

Adds Autoattack Modifier And Strikethrough to Offensive Stance. (0.25 AAM, 10% Strikethrough)

Tactical Wisdom: (allows the offensive stance to get defensive traits, and the defensive stance to get offensive traits)

Adds 0.625% Damage Reduction to Offensive Stance (Per Point Spent, would be 5%)

Adds 0.03125 Autoattack Modifier to Defensive Stance (Per Point Spent, would be 0.25)

 

Intelligence:

Parry: Parry Chance instead of +skills.

 

 

Most Warrior Endlines besides the Int one is pretty bad compared to other classes Trees and Endlines.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

BERSERKER TREE

Cyclone Line:

Enhance: Stunning Roar - Also Reduces Casting time by 0.1 seconds per point.

Debilitation Line:

Enhance: Raging Blow - Also Increases Damage by 5% per point spent. (instead of 4%.)

Enhance: Maul - - Also Increases Damage by 5% per point spent.

Enhance: Body Check - Also Increases Damage by 5% per point spent.

Enhance: Mutilate - Also Increases Damage by 5% per point spent.

Enhance: Head Crush - Also Increases Damage by 5% per point spent.

Enhance: Demolish - Also Increases Damage by 5% per point spent.

Bulking Line:

Enhance: Wall of Rage - Add a damage/threat AOE proc to Cripple when active, snares are worthless in PVE.

Enhance: Weapon Counter - Also Adds an Extra Trigger Per Point Spent, this would help with single target/aoes.

Enhance: Juggernaut - (THIS ABILITY MAY CHANGE IN THE FUTURE BUT ITS WORTHLESS NOW)

End Line Berserk: (Kind-of-but-situationaly-not, might use a change in recast to 1.4 minutes.)

SF Stuff:

Ward of Rage: -  a 282 Ward is Nothing, currently worthless. (Also its bugged and not being effected by Potency.)

Berserkers Rush! - Adds the Following Effects to Sprint.

Decreases the Power Cost of Sprint by 50%.

Makes caster immune to fear while sprinting.

Increases in-combat movement speed by another 20% while sprinting.

Increases Melee Damage while sprinting.

(Another cool idea for the berserker)

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

Need Feedback on this, lol.

I need raw ideas for the berserker tree/warrior tree.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:01 PM   #4
Raviel
Server: Guk
Guild: Dream
Rank: Member Alt

Loremaster
Raviel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 188
Default

Perseverance could be a % based heal, or changed into something actually useful. Enhance: Blood Rage is worthless and needs some changing. Debilitation line aas should add to the ca damage, just like the guardian tree equivalent.

Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:22 AM   #5
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Perseverance could be a % based heal, or changed into something actually useful. Enhance: Blood Rage is worthless and needs some changing. Debilitation line aas should add to the ca damage, just like the guardian tree equivalent.

Updated.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:12 PM   #6
Brdiael

Loremaster
Brdiael's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 17
Default

From what im looking at as a raider, zerkers need to have their avoidance issues looked at. pre dov my zerker was over 10k avoidance 14k mit. now my brig has a higher base avoidance in offensive mode than a berserker.

key revamps:

1. combat art- knee break, wild swings adjust the dmg or the reusespeed.i have compared CA's from other classes ( bruiser, brig, guard) and the base dmg is higher with lower potency.our group stun takes too long to cast, i never use it.

my most used spell has got to be my aa ability acceleration strike. in group encounters, 3 attacks is a good bet.

2. AA's-

Warrior

currently the wisdom and the stamina lines are useless once someone gets basic dov gear and their enervated.

under stamina

if you plan on using over 100% aoe be useful then keep dragoons cyclone . other wise once enervated who cares about the ability why spend aa's into an ability that does not help us. the same goes for the defense aa, 20 defense is not so helpful in end game, i agree lvling up fine if you dont have gear  however there needs to be a balance between casual gamer and hard raider in terms of picks.

wisdom- belly smash can be changed to lose the knocked down requirement. originally went well with the shield bash but on an epic mob its very rare it will be knocked down.

seaasoned veteran should give flurry, or strikethrough. since the revamp str is more important than 24% dps

unshakeable- 250 mit or so does nothing for a dov player at 90 with even t1 gear. if you need to spend the 10 points in this then something is wrong.

stance mastery: not bad however maybe it can add a lil help to juggernaut as well, maybe reduce the negative effects juggernaut gives us. or can enhance the abilites, maybe adds some abilites to our stances like you see with bruisers. tie in our beloved unique abilities to truly master something.

str endline ability- its got its uses pre dov content. 15% CA increase for kneee break is an extra 200-300dmg, wild swings same thing. at high potency. could you perhaps make it so that it adds auto attack dmg or potency as a passive ability.

Berserker lines

its decent, not great but decent lines. however perseverance, berserk at dov becomes extinct , when mobs hit for  a lot and your 1k heal lasts 1 second. berserk doesnt help 19dps 19 attack speed? getting 2 items in dov content and there you go you got that. passt 100, there is very little difference unless you end up at 100 compared to 150. then you near cap. Make this ability enhance something, enhance our flurry, our CA's, our taunts. again ia gree this helps pre SF content.

shadows

Berserker:

gladiators rage: shouold make that a dmg reduction  component to control rage or a clickable ability for dmg reduction % for this many seconds

juggernaut: if they make the spell useful, then put this ability inline with it. again we want to think power and rage. not hey lets take off my armor so no enhancement at the SF and up lvls.

3. DUAL wield

i always dual wielded with my zerker until it was proven the 2hproved more effective.

im a huge fan of 2 weps but what should make us unique in that aspect is giving us a benefit of being able to get extra parry or block with second weapon, think of it during a sparring match, youd have a parry weapon with you, you can attack and defend. i dont want to see us become a lesser version of a sk. the only worthwile thing right now is our 24.2 % Multi attack buff at master lvl.

I dont want to be overpowered but i want us to be a class worth considering these days. a guardian and paladin wreck it. most raiding guilds use a monk/sk/guard for mt ot. that is truly our goal is to be a viable tank source in all content, not just a buffbot.

Brdiael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:28 PM   #7
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

Brdiael wrote:

From what im looking at as a raider, zerkers need to have their avoidance issues looked at. pre dov my zerker was over 10k avoidance 14k mit. now my brig has a higher base avoidance in offensive mode than a berserker.

key revamps:

1. combat art- knee break, wild swings adjust the dmg or the reusespeed.i have compared CA's from other classes ( bruiser, brig, guard) and the base dmg is higher with lower potency.our group stun takes too long to cast, i never use it.

"Added Damage to Combat arts to AA lines"

my most used spell has got to be my aa ability acceleration strike. in group encounters, 3 attacks is a good bet.

2. AA's-

Warrior

currently the wisdom and the stamina lines are useless once someone gets basic dov gear and their enervated.

under stamina

if you plan on using over 100% aoe be useful then keep dragoons cyclone . other wise once enervated who cares about the ability why spend aa's into an ability that does not help us. the same goes for the defense aa, 20 defense is not so helpful in end game, i agree lvling up fine if you dont have gear  however there needs to be a balance between casual gamer and hard raider in terms of picks.

wisdom- belly smash can be changed to lose the knocked down requirement. originally went well with the shield bash but on an epic mob its very rare it will be knocked down.

"Done"

seaasoned veteran should give flurry, or strikethrough. since the revamp str is more important than 24% dps

"Flurry and Strikethough would be too much, Autoattack Modifier would be better because it does the same as DPS, but has no Cap, 0.24 Autoattack Modifier would be a good replacement, does the same thing with no cap."

unshakeable- 250 mit or so does nothing for a dov player at 90 with even t1 gear. if you need to spend the 10 points in this then something is wrong.

"I agree, I think each point should grant 1% Damage Reduction Or 1% Max Health."

stance mastery: not bad however maybe it can add a lil help to juggernaut as well, maybe reduce the negative effects juggernaut gives us. or can enhance the abilites, maybe adds some abilites to our stances like you see with bruisers. tie in our beloved unique abilities to truly master something.

"Can't do that, because warriors share the tree, I would suggest it change to something both warriors would like."

str endline ability- its got its uses pre dov content. 15% CA increase for kneee break is an extra 200-300dmg, wild swings same thing. at high potency. could you perhaps make it so that it adds auto attack dmg or potency as a passive ability.

"I agree, but you need to state what you would like it changed too."

Berserker lines

its decent, not great but decent lines. however perseverance, berserk at dov becomes extinct , when mobs hit for  a lot and your 1k heal lasts 1 second. berserk doesnt help 19dps 19 attack speed? getting 2 items in dov content and there you go you got that. passt 100, there is very little difference unless you end up at 100 compared to 150. then you near cap. Make this ability enhance something, enhance our flurry, our CA's, our taunts. again ia gree this helps pre SF content.

"I suggested adding a HOT that procs when Blood Rage does, is that agreeable, see ideas below as well, however adding flurry would just make us like guardians, but if so add 3% flurry, but also read my ideas below."

shadows

Berserker:

gladiators rage: shouold make that a dmg reduction  component to control rage or a clickable ability for dmg reduction % for this many seconds

juggernaut: if they make the spell useful, then put this ability inline with it. again we want to think power and rage. not hey lets take off my armor so no enhancement at the SF and up lvls.

3. DUAL wield

i always dual wielded with my zerker until it was proven the 2hproved more effective.

im a huge fan of 2 weps but what should make us unique in that aspect is giving us a benefit of being able to get extra parry or block with second weapon, think of it during a sparring match, youd have a parry weapon with you, you can attack and defend. i dont want to see us become a lesser version of a sk. the only worthwile thing right now is our 24.2 % Multi attack buff at master lvl.

"2 one-handed weapons already have a big advantage to two-handed weapons."

I dont want to be overpowered but i want us to be a class worth considering these days. a guardian and paladin wreck it. most raiding guilds use a monk/sk/guard for mt ot. that is truly our goal is to be a viable tank source in all content, not just a buffbot.

"Another thing they could do is make Blood Lust Add Stamina and Wisdom, we are lacking Health."

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
Brdiael

Loremaster
Brdiael's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 17
Default

seeing as we are the dps tank. flurry as our str endline would be very useful or auto attack mulitplier or perhaps a proc when hit it applies dmg. the focus underneath increases the dmg or the %age. similar to a dmg shield however its innate. The question is do we work with our classic when hit we get boost build.

the stance mastery can be tweaked for both classes to be unique trees

what i meant is give zerkers a viable tank spec for dual wielding. something for zerkers to exploit 2weps. thats unique for us. sk's have bloodletter, a really nutty ability. our nutty ability got nerfed.

Brdiael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #9
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

Brdiael wrote:

seeing as we are the dps tank. flurry as our str endline would be very useful or auto attack mulitplier or perhaps a proc when hit it applies dmg. the focus underneath increases the dmg or the %age. similar to a dmg shield however its innate. The question is do we work with our classic when hit we get boost build.

the stance mastery can be tweaked for both classes to be unique trees

what i meant is give zerkers a viable tank spec for dual wielding. something for zerkers to exploit 2weps. thats unique for us. sk's have bloodletter, a really nutty ability. our nutty ability got nerfed.

Flurry is what Guardians get in there Guardian tree, and the problem endline is, why even have flurry when we can't even hit the mob? (35% of my attacks are parried).

Guardians get an Innate 15% strikethrough chance with they're shadow aa's, which berserkers do not, so they get that much more benefit from flurry then we do.

What we really need desperately is to hit the mobs (More Strikethrough) or auto-attack modifier, since it does not rely so much on chance like flurry.

Flurry is good, if you have alot of it, but the amount of flurry it would add would be significant to say the least.

With all the Temp Stoneskins Guardians have, a 20% chance to reset cooldowns would be good, it would also help berserkers as well since we have alot of Combat Arts that grab threat (imagine hitting gibe twice, or having a battle frenzy right after you used one).

With your post in mind.

Another thing that would be good for us is 14% Strikethrough from the strength endline, then the next 8 points in executioner's fury adding 2% for each point.

(that way our current abilitys would actually hit more.)

Dual Weilding suffers lack of hit the most, this would be an extreamly viable option, IMO.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:14 AM   #10
Brdiael

Loremaster
Brdiael's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 17
Default

that is a viable option for strikethrough.

however most berserkers in DoV ned to use a shield or use defensive stance if they are not currently full t1 raid gear.

most would ask why? my lvl 90 raid brig in offensive mode has 7700 mit 6500 avoidancein t1 raid gear. my berserker in PQ/t1 raid gear has in DEFENSIVE mode has 7400 mit 6400 avoidance. in OFFENSIVE mode has 6300 ish mit with 4400 avoidance.

taking into account lack of gear, we are still lacking that boost all tanks get but this class. a endline for berserker tree could be a buff to account for it or make up for it in one of our self buffs.

Brdiael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:45 PM   #11
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

Brdiael wrote:

that is a viable option for strikethrough.

however most berserkers in DoV ned to use a shield or use defensive stance if they are not currently full t1 raid gear.

most would ask why? my lvl 90 raid brig in offensive mode has 7700 mit 6500 avoidancein t1 raid gear. my berserker in PQ/t1 raid gear has in DEFENSIVE mode has 7400 mit 6400 avoidance. in OFFENSIVE mode has 6300 ish mit with 4400 avoidance.

taking into account lack of gear, we are still lacking that boost all tanks get but this class. a endline for berserker tree could be a buff to account for it or make up for it in one of our self buffs.

well that problem lies with our Defensive Stance as well, lets compare to SKs.

SKs Defensive Stance offers them 218 Stamina, (2180 Extra Health)

SKs Defensive Stance offers them 5% Uncontested Avoidance.

Zerkers Defensive Stance offers 0 Stamina (0 Extra Health).

Zerkers Defensive Stance offers 0% Uncontested Avoidance.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #12
Boli32

Loremaster
Boli32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,425
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Brdiael wrote:

that is a viable option for strikethrough.

however most berserkers in DoV ned to use a shield or use defensive stance if they are not currently full t1 raid gear.

most would ask why? my lvl 90 raid brig in offensive mode has 7700 mit 6500 avoidancein t1 raid gear. my berserker in PQ/t1 raid gear has in DEFENSIVE mode has 7400 mit 6400 avoidance. in OFFENSIVE mode has 6300 ish mit with 4400 avoidance.

taking into account lack of gear, we are still lacking that boost all tanks get but this class. a endline for berserker tree could be a buff to account for it or make up for it in one of our self buffs.

well that problem lies with our Defensive Stance as well, lets compare to SKs.

SKs Defensive Stance offers them 218 Stamina, (2180 Extra Health)

SKs Defensive Stance offers them 5% Uncontested Avoidance.

Zerkers Defensive Stance offers 0 Stamina (0 Extra Health).

Zerkers Defensive Stance offers 0% Uncontested Avoidance.

its contested avoidance.

Boli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #13
CrazyHands

Loremaster
CrazyHands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 5
Default

Hope this is the proper forum for my question.

Im looking for a better aa setup being a 90/300 zerker

My setup is War 10,10,10,1,8               

                    Agil 1                                                            

                    Sta 10,0,0,0,4

                     Wis 4,10,9,1

                      Int 1

Shadows is General 5 in max health and 5 in max pwr

Fighter is full

Warrior 5,0,5,0,0,0,1

Berserker 5,0,0,5,4,0,1,1

would list my zerk tree not sure how to type it so it makes sense lol

HP 33,491, CC 222.1, CB 124.8, MA 126.4, MAE 101.6, CM 162.8 of course this is using my shield because even with Battle frenzy and Vision of Madness (greyed out lol) It helps when I grp with slightly underconfidant healers SMILEY

CrazyHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #14
Destraum

Loremaster
Destraum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 42
Default

One thing you all keep forgeting when posting ideas such as this.  The warrior tree is a SHARED tree between Zerks and Guards.  SOE will more than likely NEVER split this into a Warrior (Guard) and Warrior (Zerker) trees.  To do this would also entail SOE then going back and specifically changing all AA trees for every class  i.e. Conj/Necro, Wiz/Lock, etc.  So you need to get it thru your thick heads that coming up with changes to the War tree to fit the zerker class IS FUTILE!!!!

Secondly....stop entertaining Tala with ideas.  The faster we let his threads DIE from his own ignorance, the faster we can get some real looking into this class (pipe dreams , but still).

__________________
Destraum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:50 PM   #15
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

Updated.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:13 AM   #16
Silzin
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Revelations
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
Silzin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 537
Default

I understand the Idea of a Wish List.  You may have better luck making a short list of realistic changes that can be done and are not over powered.  A list of 2-3 things at the absolute most 4 things that the divs can look at and evaluate. 

Just my 2cp

__________________
Silzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #17
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

Most of my stuff I added to this list before I edited/updated it were added to the berserker tree on test.

Like making our stuff cast faster.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:24 PM   #18
LygerT

Loremaster
LygerT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: las vegas, NV
Posts: 2,144
Default

[email protected] wrote:

One thing you all keep forgeting when posting ideas such as this.  The warrior tree is a SHARED tree between Zerks and Guards.  SOE will more than likely NEVER split this into a Warrior (Guard) and Warrior (Zerker) trees.  To do this would also entail SOE then going back and specifically changing all AA trees for every class  i.e. Conj/Necro, Wiz/Lock, etc.  So you need to get it thru your thick heads that coming up with changes to the War tree to fit the zerker class IS FUTILE!!!!

Secondly....stop entertaining Tala with ideas.  The faster we let his threads DIE from his own ignorance, the faster we can get some real looking into this class (pipe dreams , but still).

ditto that

been seeing alot of fixes recommended to fix the class through the "WARRIOR" tree. this is not just our tree and honestly it isn't really that bad the way it is set up but some tweaks could be made to strength line to make it at least desirable in one way. the rest has it's uses.

LygerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:01 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.