EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-25-2007, 07:07 AM   #1
Kethavin

Lord

Hi fellow rangers I was hoping you guys could give me some clarification on the deagro mechanics. ATM the way I understand it it works like this : (Making up numbers for this example) Ranger has ammends from pallie, running ignorant bliss and using the bow from unrest (with de agro proc) Ranger attacks for 1000 dmg 400dmg worth of hate goes to pally (ammends) 400dmg worth of hate is reduced from ranger (from our +- 40% hate reducter, cant remember exact %) Ignorant bliss and unrest de agro procs and takes ANOTHER x amount of hate from the ranger uber cautious ranger uses de agro CA to drop more hate. Now what I am really after is: Does our deagro abilities reduce the amount that is transferred to the pallie And does deagro procs and CA's reduce the hate before or after our 40% maintained buf (reconoitor line or something like that) Thank you in advance for your comments
Kethavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
FiveFootStep

Loremaster

No clue... lol, but I've often wondered the same thing.
FiveFootStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:11 PM   #3
Zelfire

Loremaster

This would be something that devs could comment on. Would help some rangers understand deagro better.
Zelfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:55 PM   #4
BSbon

General

i believe the amends transfer happens first then our passive deaggro and here is why. while in LP one night with my ranger i was grouped with our guild's most awsome pally. he went AFK for something and i got bored so i started killing stuff for fun. when i attacked i noticed he got aggro for most of the fight. that shouldn't be possible if the passive deaggro takes place first and then amends takes 40%. that would still leave me with 60% of the remaining aggro.

BSbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:34 PM   #5
Walford

Loremaster

Is there some sort of test that could be devised?  I would like to know the answer, too

Canul

Renegades  AB

Walford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:38 PM   #6
TileronEQ2

Loremaster

I agree with bongo. It seems like all hate related buffs are taken into consideration first, be they hate reduction, or transfer. Then the question arises, is one of those done before the other, or are they done at the same point? It seems (I have no real evidence for this) that all buffs that affect hate have the same priority. That is to say, if you have 40% hate reduction and 30% hate transfer, you end up losing 70% hate, not something like 58%, with both being preformed simultaneously rather than consequentially.

Deagro CAs/Spells/Procs seem to work independently of this system. They reduce the hate you have amassed so far by a fixed actual amount, after it has passed through hate management buffs. Though really, this is all speculation. I have no specific evidence to support this. Indeed, it would be nice for a dev to comment.

80 Ranger, Order of the Black Dragon

Befallen
TileronEQ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:54 AM   #7
Kethavin

Lord

Ive noticed the same thing Bongo, but what is throwing me off is that the AFK pallie wont get aggro all the time. (unless if he has good defensive procs) If we take de agro poisons/procs and CA's out of the way for  now 1000 damage dealt by ranger (lets just say ammends 40% and Primal agility 40%) A: Both at the same time Ammends takes 400 PA (Primal agility) takes 400 Ranger has 200 hate Pallie has 400 B: Sequence 1 PA removes 400 hate Ammends takes 240 hate Ranger has 360 Pallie has 240 C: Sequence 2 Ammends takes 400 hate PA removes 240 hate Ranger has 360 Pallie has 400 I think one of these 3 scenarios happen (probably B/C) and then procs and deagro take effect. But then there could also be a cap on reduced agro. Lets hope a dev can help us out
Kethavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:15 PM   #8
Sham07

Loremaster

The cap for hate GAIN is supposed to be 50%. Thats the reason for putting a 2nd hate gain in mt group on a swash/assissin in order to enhance their hate transfer. Otherwise the tank would reach the cap and one of the hate gains of either dirge or coercer is almost wastet. My guess is that its the same with dehate.... ive had primal, troub dehate and moderate on me before and i peeled.... even thou i should have had 110% dehate with those 3. I think that dehate values just add up to a max of 50% without making any difference between "current" or "total" hate (like when troub takes another 40% of the 60% hate remaining with primal on). Im agro provider in most fights when our pally tanks. My experience has shown that when i have primal up he wont peel off MT... when i take it off (which i do when its time to grab something) he does easily. But Amends works like a hate transfer, not like a dehate, and is as such not bound to the 50% cap. For me it looks like pally gets 40% of my curretn hate when he has amends on me.... which is 40% without and 24% with primal. Dev comment on that would be nice thou
Sham07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:36 PM   #9
AdiX__Styxx__

Loremaster

this topic has been discussed back when t6 was cap there should be a post with a fully mathematically explained way of how things work but basically bong is right!

if ya really wanna know exactly how it works should look up that post somewhere in here (not gonna link cause im too lazy buit i know its there cause i was the one starting it way back!)

AdiX__Styxx__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:12 PM   #10
FiveFootStep

Loremaster

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=198288
FiveFootStep is offline   Reply With Quote