EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-16-2007, 07:16 PM   #1
AdiX__Styxx__

Loremaster

hi all,

ok kinda of an odd title so ill explain it a bit! I am a raiding ranger and am having a lotta agroe difficulties and b4 ya think its yer tank its not he is really good! So it must be me....

Anyways currently im specced agi / int with the extension and double arrow AA also using rigid scale bow (wihtout t8 ammo) and the qeynos kilji for procs anyways im thinking about the AAs in the pred tree currently its agi 4/6/4/8/2 and int is setup like this :

inteligence 4 AA

poison combination 6 AA (not using a dagger tho so kinda useless gotta change something here anyways altough sometimes i swap one out)

coating 4 AA

toxic expertise 8 AA

intoxication 2 AA

Oh and i have yet to spend my last point in that tree aswell

Now since im pulling agroe i was thinking of taking out 2 points from intoxication and 2 points from poison combination which would drop my debuffs and dps a tad but with the extra 1 point i would have a total of 5 points which i could spend on the wis line to get the rapier dehate attack!

Anyways what are yalls thoughts sacrafice some dps for dehate to stay alive more or just slack a lil more and drop dps that way..... all ideas and advice are welcome!

Greetz Styxxey

AdiX__Styxx__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:32 PM   #2
gfx

General

use Grandmaster's Ignorant Bliss, use your deaggros EVERYTIME they are up. Should work...
Old 05-16-2007, 08:32 PM   #3
gfx

General

and ur deaggro buff adept III/M1.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:41 PM   #4
AdiX__Styxx__

Loremaster

i have all my dehate M1 and i pop em whenever they are up! i do have all my attacks master 1 too my toon is fully mastered except for my defensive stance and amazing shot! i just cant keep mobs from staying off me!
Old 05-16-2007, 10:30 PM   #5
Ironba

General

Maybe it's your cologne then?
Ironba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:31 PM   #6
Katsugen

Loremaster

It's either your tank or the hate transfer he is getting. Do you have a dirge,coercer,swashy in the MT group? If you think it not the tank, then I'd blame the swashy. Either that or the assassin in your group is [Removed for Content] with you.

-Katsugen

Katsugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:19 AM   #7
gfx

General

Try the MC T7 Deaggro poison, really..
Old 05-17-2007, 01:51 PM   #8
Ranja

Loremaster

AdiX__Styxx__ wrote:

hi all,

ok kinda of an odd title so ill explain it a bit! I am a raiding ranger and am having a lotta agroe difficulties and b4 ya think its yer tank its not he is really good! So it must be me....

Anyways currently im specced agi / int with the extension and double arrow AA also using rigid scale bow (wihtout t8 ammo) and the qeynos kilji for procs anyways im thinking about the AAs in the pred tree currently its agi 4/6/4/8/2 and int is setup like this :

inteligence 4 AA

poison combination 6 AA (not using a dagger tho so kinda useless gotta change something here anyways altough sometimes i swap one out)

coating 4 AA

toxic expertise 8 AA

intoxication 2 AA

Oh and i have yet to spend my last point in that tree aswell

Now since im pulling agroe i was thinking of taking out 2 points from intoxication and 2 points from poison combination which would drop my debuffs and dps a tad but with the extra 1 point i would have a total of 5 points which i could spend on the wis line to get the rapier dehate attack!

Anyways what are yalls thoughts sacrafice some dps for dehate to stay alive more or just slack a lil more and drop dps that way..... all ideas and advice are welcome!

Greetz Styxxey

It might not be the tank but it is probably the MT group set-up. To really be able to maintain 1500+DPS over the course of a fight the MT group needs hate transfer. And that comes in the form of Coercer, Dirge, and Assassin/Swashie. We run with an MT group of Guard, Temp, Defiler, Dirge, Assassin, Coercer. With this set-up the MT can hold aggro over several DPS classes going 2000 +DPS. Without hate again help in the MT group, you will only be able to hold around 1000-1200 DPS b4 aggro gets out of whack. May I ask what you are parsing? Because unless it is 3000 DPS zonewide SMILEY  you should not be doing anything to lower your aggro other than your dehate CAs. I would not start gimping my AAs just to make up for a tank group that has shortcomings.

Thoghmor, 70 Troll Bruiser

Rotir, 90 Dark Elf Swash

Terrano, 82 Dark Elf Dirge

Aymon, 90, Barbarian Shadowknight

The Destroyer of Worlds:

http://s7.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=84341
Ranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:21 PM   #9
Zandokan

Loremaster

Yeah i agree with ranja i wouldnt [Removed for Content] myself to try to stay alive but im going to say this i used to have the same proble before and ussually was how i started dealing the dmg. I changed the way i started it and it worked a lot towards hate. I used to start dealing dmg invis/ focus -veil and then go through all my range attacks. But now 5 secs or so before they pull i use intoxication throw my hawk do some melee dmg and then do all my range and it didnt affect my dps and i get to manage my agro a lot better. Because if u deal all ur dmg at the begginning is more likely that u take agro than if u do it on the middle. Try it and see if it works for u.
Zandokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:43 PM   #10
Janaka
Server: Butcherblock

Augur

You can also put a warden in the MT group, and your guardian will do a lot more dps even in defensive stance.    A guardian rocking 1500-2000 dps holds a lot of aggro.

I always open with cover fire and a melee attack to get the poison DOT going.    It doesn't take our tank long to get good aggro, and I can let it rip.    I always use deaggro poison, and I don't have the Rigid Scale yet.

On group encounters I know there will always be a trigger happy warlock or wizard I can follow with Selection/Rain of Arrows.

Janaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:04 PM   #11
AdiX__Styxx__

Loremaster

thx for all the replies sofar!

Mt group = ussually on single target : guardian / templar / defiler / coercer / assasin / dirge!

on aoe fights swap assasin for swashy

i parse around 2800-3500 if i go all out with grandmaster poison!

altouh i stopped using grandmaster and moved to exceptional and added soem ignorant bliss aswell i parse around 2200-2400 now and arent stealing as much agroe no more!

but still it hurts ma potential!

would like to find out a way to stay away from agroe while doing max burn!

Old 05-18-2007, 05:33 AM   #12
gfx

General

You should be able to do max burn when the guardian calls reinforced.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:11 AM   #13
AdiX__Styxx__

Loremaster

ok i respecced my AAs!

I used ot have full agi and full int all down to last ability intoxication and poise with 6 in the arrow stun attack and 8 toxic expertise!

I changed it around a bit : i kept agi the way it is but then i dropped intoxication in that line which leaves me wiht 48 points spent also dropped some points of poison combination which i had at 6 so thats 46 points spent and i had one point left which i hadnt gained yet so tahts 45 points spent now i have 5 points left which i dropped in the wis line!

4 times wisdom stats and the first ability which requires a rapier for one extra dehate! also added ignorant bliss (im hooked on it now) and dummped a buncha DKP on the chain helmet of cynosure!

The result = im not pulling well i am but i am not pulling agroe as easily anymore and when i do i can dump about 6 k hate in like 2 seconds! meaning tank regains really fast! altough i use em whenever they are up between attacks aswell! and soon the memwipe item that is tinkerered will be a dehate for every 2 min aswell so thats good too!

I love this setup a lot cause still got 52% poison crits still got the faster CAs with poise there is no real need for poison combination cause im using tha kilji mostly with magis shield but for close melee im gonna be swapping weapons so i can debuff the mobs for other classes with it (only 1500 but hey all bits help) also on melee fights i wont need the rapier dehate attack anyways so.... the dagger swap for debuffs seems like a good idea!

Anyways if yall got more ideas drop it in here!

oh and for the one that said something about reinforcements...that CA isnt always up for the guardian ya know! and it only lasts a lil bit!

Anyways greetz to all and toddle around with the AAs till ya find what ya like best!

Old 05-23-2007, 01:11 PM   #14
Microbolt

Loremaster

what DPS are you at now after the respec and poison changes?
Old 05-24-2007, 03:47 AM   #15
gfx

General

Oh yea I know it's not up all the time... But your Rain of Arrows, Killing Instinct, Focus Aim, Sniper Shot aren't up all the time either SMILEY
Old 05-24-2007, 09:00 AM   #16
AdiX__Styxx__

Loremaster

im around 2500 on average now! which is pretty decent i guess !

but having a lot less trouble with agroe so thats good! spamming placating strike elude the tinkered trinket helps a lot too!

oh and for those temp buffs i only use those on named fights ussually or on really tough groups like the 6 mob pull in FTH for a lil faster burn dont really use it on trash!

sniper shot i only use for soloing not worth the time using it during raids cause my auto attack practically matches its damage output anyways and lower cast time for soloing the stun effect is great and stuns dont work on epics well they do but hell ya know what i mean!

Old 05-24-2007, 11:40 AM   #17
LoreLady

Loremaster

For the record, the dirge/coercer hate does not stack.. Neither does the ranger/troub deagro. If your MT is really having problems, throw the setup up like.. guard/zerker,paly, templar, shaman,Assassin, druid. I promise you your hate problems will go away.. Also - in this setup have the paly MT and let the tank do his normal agro thing.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:26 PM   #18
Ranja

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
For the record, the dirge/coercer hate does not stack.. Neither does the ranger/troub deagro. If your MT is really having problems, throw the setup up like.. guard/zerker,paly, templar, shaman,Assassin, druid. I promise you your hate problems will go away.. Also - in this setup have the paly MT and let the tank do his normal agro thing.
I would not be so sure about that. Unless you have a definitive answer from the devs, then please post it hereSMILEY http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=354940 No one really knows. If they don't then most of the top end raiding guilds that are running around with dirge and coercer in MT group are wrong. I know I rip aggro alot easier without both in MT group and that is enough for me to think they stack.

Thoghmor, 70 Troll Bruiser

Rotir, 90 Dark Elf Swash

Terrano, 82 Dark Elf Dirge

Aymon, 90, Barbarian Shadowknight

The Destroyer of Worlds:

http://s7.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=84341
Ranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:29 PM   #19
AdiX__Styxx__

Loremaster

they do stack ! and the troub + coercer harm link stack aswell ive tested it altough im not sure if our 41% dehate buff and troub dehate stacks gonna have to test it but erm how?

anywyas im 100% certaint that they stack even tho there is a hate transfer limit if ya add coercer + dirge + swashy and one more hate transfer like assasin then either assasin or swashy wont stack on dirge / coercer!