EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-06-2017, 03:35 PM   #151
Godelpus

I fell for this as well: did all 3 factions to 50k and finished the sig line only to find out I missed the Reflection of Recollection quest. So no beta rewards for me as I'm stuck at -50k Pakiat faction. On the plus side, I won't make that mistake on live Smile
Old 11-07-2017, 01:50 AM   #152
Kaitheel

Developer

My tests today didn't find this to be consistent, Mermut. But you and Iokar were right that an issue still remained! I found that only one of her two dialogue prompts to cast the illusion had been fixed last time. After the next Beta build they will both have the fix!

Thank you, both!

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:14 AM   #153
Alenna

you need to talk to food or drink attendant if they talk back then you go to the one you did not speak to then the book will pop over the artifact attendant. quest is very vague on what to do.
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:18 PM   #154
Ladylou

Can not finish my 3rd faction line. Understand I am to talk to Pakiat artifact attendant to get the book. Have hailed them multiple times and nothing but "Good Day"

Quest name: Sphinx Outside the Box
Quest giver's name: Pannaxxun
Quest journal text: Speak with aluxob to find answers
Old 11-07-2017, 03:20 PM   #155
Shmogre

Talk to the other attendants as well (water, food). Eventually your questioning will be noticed and the artifact attendant will pop a quest book for you.
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:27 AM   #156
Ikthios

Quest Name: Mindfold Matriarch's Effective Plan
Offered by: Mindfold Matriarch Taneesha

Not sure if this has already been stated but when i finished the hunting and returned to the matriarch she is not there, no book indicating where to turn it in, but as i approach here usual location i get text in my chat box that Matriarch Taneesha smiles warmly upon me even though i cant see her. I logged and re-entered the game to the same problem, so as of now I cant turn in the quest unless i am presently missing something.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:04 AM   #157
Kaitheel

Developer

She's over by the pool, waiting for you.

I meed to force a feather over her, there and suppress the text message you saw. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-12-2017, 02:07 PM   #158
Beee

Repeatable faction quests
eg [106] Between a Rock and a Hard Beak
[106] Artifact Not Fiction
do not change to "complete" if only the last step eg "Return to Koyame" is left
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:56 AM   #159
Kaitheel

Developer

There's some changes coming to the Vahla quest line, mostly having to do with NPCs and object spawn points in the cities:
  • Here Comes the Bribe - Irdd has moved to a different section of Khali'Vahla.
  • Assumed Identity - Himaduri has moved to a different section of Khali'Vahla.
  • Teach a Man to Aetherfish - Himaduri has moved to a different section of Khali'Vahla.
  • Nothing Subtle About It - The tome of Brutal magic now spawns at different locations in the city of Khali'Yrzu.
  • Doomsday Prep - The Flask of Halcyiolite can now spawn throughout the city of Khali'Vahla.
  • Serving the Mindfold Matriarch - The Metetherial Ewers can now spawn throughout the city of Khali'Vahla.
  • Material Evidence - The Metetherial Ewers can now spawn throughout the city of Khali'Vahla.
  • Counterfeit It to Win It - The Yrzu Metetherial Ewers can now spawn throughout the city of Khali'Yrzu.
  • Counterfeit It to Win It - The Vahla Metetherial Ewers can now spawn throughout the city of Khali'Vahla.
  • Following a Familiar Face - Himaduri has moved to a different section of Khali'Vahla.
  • Show Not Tell - Himaduri has moved to a different section of Khali'Vahla.
  • Mindfold Matriarch's Effective Plan - Mindfold Matriarch Taneesha now has a quest icon at her location near the Mindfold Pool.
  • Fawning Over Flora - Himaduri has moved to a different section of Khali'Vahla.
~ Kaitheel
Old 11-13-2017, 08:11 AM   #160
Kaitheel

Developer

Ah, right. It does change them to "complete" on the first time, but each subsequent time it leaves them as "repeatable". This is true for all repeatable quests that remain in your quest journal.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-13-2017, 10:45 PM   #161
Leed

When you finish Yrzu you get a celestial ascension PLUS pick one of the following. When you complete Vahla it's 'Pick one of the following' and Celestial Ascension is one of your choices. I'm thinking celestial ascension is suppose to be automatically granted, and then pick from the rest.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:02 PM   #162
Kaitheel

Developer

You are correct! I'll change that. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-14-2017, 04:16 AM   #163
Leed

I believe it was Dazzle and Delight (or another similar Vahla quest where you place things on an island, but I think it was Dazzle and Delight) that had 2 clickies right on the same spot. I ran around the whole island, saw everything looked like it had been placed already and then noticed in one spot it had both the 'something has been placed here already' sparklies AND the 'you can place an item here' sparklies. I was able to move my mouse around and get the right angle to click it, but the 'something is already here' was mostly blocking the ability to click the 'you can place something here'.

BTW will there be a way to earn the celestial ascensions on an ongoing basis? I will know not to use them under lvl10, but I worry somebody out there will use theirs all up, and then be really at a loss when it comes to trying to do 11-15 through scrolls (in particular because of the cap on earnable ascension experience limiting you to 5.2 million/2 scrolls per quest you do)

Also, after you discover who split the city up I REALLY REALLY wish I could run back to tell Himaduri. It's like some big secret of their society has been revealed to you, but you go back to the one that was the most welcoming, and all you can say to her is 'Sure, I'll go gather more plants for you.' and no way to say anything about what the Mindfold told you.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:24 AM   #164
Niami DenMother

Profit and Loss: It seems like the respawn for the discarded Arcane Source Pillars is very slow. They are DEFINITELY extremly difficult to find unless you're zoomed in and staring at your toes, and disappear if you are more than a couple paces away, which makes it hard to tell if we're just being blind, or if they're that slow respawning.

There are 3 of us in the proper area at the shore right now looking for them, it seems, and 2 of us have been here 10 minutes without completing the 5 (for each of us that is needed.)
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:55 AM   #165
Kaitheel

Developer

There's a few more changes headed to Beta for the Vahla quest line:
  • A Subtle Ploy - Arcane Source Pillars are now called Arcane Source Orbs and their art has been updated.
  • Profit and Loss - Arcane Source Pillars are now called Arcane Source Orbs and their art has been updated. They should now be easier to find.
  • Dazzle and Delight - The placed effulgence cores will no longer be seen at the same time as the placement locations, during repeated quest participation.
~ Kaitheel
Old 11-16-2017, 02:16 AM   #166
Niami DenMother

I don't know of a good spot to post this, but found the Vahla faction furniture merchant. Yum!

One of the items has an issue: "the Khali'Vahla Light Orb" places mostly sunken into the floor - I suspect it should be ceiling anchored.
"The Khali'Yrzu Arcanum Orb" places half-sunken in the floor.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:08 AM   #167
Niami DenMother

Quest: Mindfold Matriarch's Effective Plan

While the quest completion book shows over Mindfold Matriarch Taneesha's head when you return from killing the planar water elementals, the quest completion book icon does NOT show on the minimap. Perhaps she is sulking about the redecoration? (The rest of us have been enjoying the redecorating, but one never knows what's going in on that tricksy lady's head! BigGrin)
Old 11-16-2017, 09:46 PM   #168
Kaitheel

Developer

Thank you! You should see those fixed in the coming days. (Art fixes are a little less predictable than design.)

There is also a furniture merchant in the Coliseum of Valor, if you're looking for more house stuff.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-16-2017, 09:47 PM   #169
Kaitheel

Developer

That's as good as I can do with her, as the update is actually scripted, and not off of her dialogue. Previously, she didn't even have the icon over her head.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-16-2017, 09:58 PM   #170
Niami DenMother

Thank you, sir! I am eyeing the Valor furniture now. I can't buy/place it until I grind some missions, but at least I can drool at the previews!
Old 11-16-2017, 10:02 PM   #171
Shmogre

I tried speaking to the furniture merchant (next to the Status Merchant) but they don't want to speak to me. Do I need a different faction? (currently at +50k with Yrzu)
Old 11-16-2017, 10:56 PM   #172
Kaitheel

Developer

Oh! She does have a House Vahla faction. That is not intended, and will be fixed.

Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-16-2017, 11:01 PM   #173
Shmogre

Very welcome, and thank *you* for convincing her that ogres want to buy furniture too. BigGrin
Old 11-16-2017, 11:05 PM   #174
Kaitheel

Developer

hehehehe! My pleasure.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:09 AM   #175
Zannya

Hi, I was looking at the items on the merchant in Valor. Wonderful stuff thank you so much! But was wondering... could you possibly add a few things from Brackish Vaults? There are some beautiful starfish on the floor. The ones we had on market place before were faded and round, these have shape and definition. They are amazing. And other wonderful items in that zone areas that could expand our creative decorating minds. Smile
Old 11-17-2017, 03:09 AM   #176
Zannya

Oh, hmmm never mind, someone just told me that those are also already on the marketplace. I was just picturing the round butter mint looking ones.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:21 AM   #177
Kaitheel

Developer

Ah, yes they are! Those are some of the Player Studio creations. It's great being able to use them!

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-17-2017, 04:10 AM   #178
Ocarinah

Can see stuff on other merchants regardless if have the faction or not but with furniture merchants it says they don't want my business. I really wish we could see so we know what faction we want to work on.
Ocarinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:16 PM   #179
Kaitheel

Developer

Being able to peruse the items the merchant has available, even if you can't currently buy them, would be useful. That may mean changing the level of faction needed to purchase, but I'll look into it. Thank you, Ocarinah!

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-17-2017, 04:23 PM   #180
OnlyMe

Trying to do this quest today and i can't find any Arcane Source Orbs to click/ineteract with. Lots of what look like orange arcane orbs in the city, but cant do anything with them. Also the Unremitting Unease potion in my bag, but i can't do anything with it.

Bug or just me being thick?

Thanks
OnlyMe is offline   Reply With Quote