EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
Skyana
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Outriders of Kelethin

Loremaster

Name: ErnoolLocation: Gorowyn Heights in GorowynServer: Antonia BayleDecorator(s): Lalayla & Neversea CrimsonbladeHousing Leader Board: N/AWell this is a project that has been a long time coming in getting finished up. Thanks to Neversea for helping me fiddle with the final details and the encouragement I needed. This is for a good friend, Ernool, a home for him and his mate Leshayah. It was important to me that the home really reflect the characters that lived there and I think I pulled it off! Ernool is extremely proud of being from Gorowyn, so it was important to not cover the walls, floors or ceiling but leave them as is so you always know you are in a Gorowyn home. Both are very I think the best word for it, primal people so the design needed to stay simple while still giving them a wonderful place to live. I hope everyone likes it!Coming in the front door you find the alter to the Tribunal. Ernool believes strongly in the ideals of justice so it was important to leave the alter as the main focus of the room.Okay, after we have paid our respects lets head into the living roomDid I mention that Shayah hates chairs? So the house needed to be designed without any chairs. A custome made table with pillows around it fit the bill! The little nooks with bookcases house their literature as well as odds and ends from around Norrath. Shayah also reads fortunes so her fortune telling table is there for her to practice on, or perhaps help determine what the spirits see for someone.Next lets head out to the deck. Neither Ernool or Shayah are much for cooking, so a simple outdoor area with a grill and a bar to entertain friends will works just fine! Some people do like chairs so I put in these seats for their comfort. Shayah will just sit on the bar. I'm not kidding, that's exactly what she would do, and enjoy it.We also have an area for outdoor meditation, as this is something that both Ernool and Shayah do. Next up lets go back inside, through the living room, front room and over to the other side of the house. Hey its Shayah's tinkering workshop. Ernool is kind enough to indulge her enthusiasm for it. Thankfully there hasn't been an explosions and weeks. Though Ernool has started to show an interst so I'm not sure how long that will last. This room is thanks to Neversea's creativity to put together!Over to the right we see the area Ernool uses to make his totems and his helpers. Thankfully it just needs a simple space because I think Shayah's tinkering is taking over..... Aaaaaanyways lets head upstairs to the bedroom.This is one of the areas that I took Ernool's basic idea and expanded upon it. You'll note steam coming from the right hand bath, so they have a hot bath and a cold one. This is part is oocly inspired by the practice in Russia of soaking in a hot sauna before jumping in a cold lake/river or just pouring cold water over yourself. We have the raised area with the bed and sunk in baths and I used the Gorowyn counters to edge that in. The finishing touches of some places for clothes etc.Wait there is still more! Lets head downstairs ...This first room here is pretty wide open with a sparring area for them both as well as a place for Ernool to drum and Shayah to practice her shamanistic dances. Not a lot is needed in this place. There are a couple of training golems though to help out if one of them is sparring alone.Wait, whats that through the doorway there ....Welcome to the Water Room! Water is an important element to Ernool, so I needed a place to celebrate that as well as in indoor meditation space. I have to admit I spent hours upon hours perfecting this room to be juuuuust right. It really should be seen in person for the proper effect and its my favorite place in the House.Okay that's the place! Thanks again to Ernool for letting me redo his home and providing encouragement. To Neversea who helped me when I was faltering and built the tinker workshop.Wait wait this I'm a Crimsonblade and this is a Crimsonblade design soooo Can't forget, THE PIRATE ON THE BED (tm)

Old 09-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
Perrigrin
Server: Crushbone
Guild: The Shire

Loremaster

I love this!! My favorite parts are the huge custom table, and I love how you used the kerra stairs as a roof for the hut outside, very creative! And the water room, that one is my favorite! Very nicely done!

Perrigrin Tinkertock
92 Gnome Swashbuckler

Taeryyn Laethelyyn
92 High Elf Illusionist
Perrigrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
Aderissah

Lord

I would have to agree, the kerran stairs for a hut roof is genius! And yes of course the water room was a favoriteSMILEY what item is that firey/water floating globe thing?? Too cool! And I love the star you built!

Butcherblock

Dungeons:

Hibernia's Revenge

Hell's Horsemen: The Ascension

Harry Potter: The Forbidden Forest

Homes:

The Hog's Head

Aderissah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:58 PM   #4
Skyana

Loremaster

The globe with the firey thing in it is the collections reward from the Thurgadin red shiny set.  I think its called thuradin mystic globe or something like that.

Thanks for the postivie comments!   I had a lot of fun putting it together and trying to really tailor it to the characters.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
Aderissah

Lord

Ah wonderful! Thank youSMILEY

Butcherblock

Dungeons:

Hibernia's Revenge

Hell's Horsemen: The Ascension

Harry Potter: The Forbidden Forest

Homes:

The Hog's Head

Aderissah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #6
Afista

Loremaster

This came out great. I loved the custom bamboo circle table and the canopy over the bar SMILEY

Click Image for link to decorating consolidated works website

Consolidated Works Fourm Thread
Afista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #7
Skyana

Loremaster

I used the anglees of the wall/on the floor to set the angles for the tables, worked out great for making that table.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #8
NiteGazer

Loremaster

Hello Skyana, I must say I really loved the overall theme and that you did not cover the walls. It is so open and personal. Wow on the table with pillows, great design! The outside bar is a must have, well done! The Water Room is very lovely. Congrats to Neversea on the wonderful Tinkering Workshop, I would love to explore it. Thanks for sharing.

Kind Regards,

NiteGazer

NiteGazer is offline   Reply With Quote