EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Performance Support
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #1
Iad

Loremaster

I have crashed 2 times with the same error since yesterday. I receive 2 errors at the same time. The second error mentions running CHKDSK, which I did and I didn't receive any errors on either of my hard drives.The first error:Faulting application name: EverQuest2.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x4e8218e8Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Exception code: 0xc000001dFault offset: 0x4f525245Faulting process id: 0x14b8Faulting application start time: 0x01cc7f6f39d2d9acFaulting application path: D:Sony Online EntertainmentEverQuest II ExtendedEverQuest2.exeFaulting module path: unknownReport Id: 188ae7c7-eb6a-11e0-b3aa-001d7de5b8abThe second error:Windows cannot access the file  for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program EQ2 Client Application because of this error.Program: EQ2 Client ApplicationFile:The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.User Action1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.2. If the file still cannot be accessed and    - It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.    - It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.Additional DataError value: 00000000Disk type: 0

Iad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
TSR-JoshuaM

Customer Service

Please visit our Everquest II Extended support forums at the following link.  These particular forums are specific to Everquest II live and does not include support for Extended players.  Locking up this thread.

[EQII Extended] Forums

Technical Support Representative

Sony Online Entertainment

How to Contact Support:

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28939

How to Create a DXDIAG/MSINFO

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28973
TSR-JoshuaM is offline   Reply With Quote