EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
Sormr
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Mistwalkers

Loremaster

Hi all,

Okay so here’s my question. I understand that if you purchase CoE expansion that the level cap is 95, which the vet bonus moves to 95. If you do not purchase the CoE expansion does the previous expansions vet bonuses still exists? Example I am still leveling characters up after being gone for a few years, and if I continue just with previous expansions to get my characters 92/320 do I still get the bonus without the purchase of CoE? Thanks all trying to figure this out as I am working on getting my toons up asap.

Sormr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
Lizabethan

Philosopher

No, I believe everyone's vet bonus will be reset until they hit 95 now.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
Sormr

Loremaster

How can someone's bonus change if they don't have the ability to get too 95? Like let's say I can't afford the expansion, I will be punished of my vet bonus because of that? I thought as always previous expansions if you didn't purchase the expansion you would remain the same bonuses of that expansion.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

How can someone's bonus change if they don't have the ability to get too 95? Like let's say I can't afford the expansion, I will be punished of my vet bonus because of that? I thought as always previous expansions if you didn't purchase the expansion you would remain the same bonuses of that expansion.

because the bonus dont go off your account, its a game bonus .the max level int he game is going to be 95 ,so you will loose  it even if you dont buy the expansion.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #5
Sormr

Loremaster

I really don't see how that's fair honestly. But, something I have gotten used too.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #6
LordPazuzu

Loremaster

How is it unfair?  The vet bonus has always been based off max level.  For some reason level 92 was given a pass.  Everytime the level cap is raised with an expac, it effects the vet bonus. You aren't supposed to have the vet bonus when initially leveling through new content.  Only raising the vet bonus cap only for those that buy the expac is more unfair in my opinion.  Paid expacs are released yearly and you are expected buy them in order to progress and enjoy the full range of content and features.  The vet bonus falls under this.

LordPazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #7
bucketon

Loremaster

would probably have been more diplomatic to let the current one remain as it is, but the bonus disappears at level 90, maybe thats too complicated to put in though, espicially with aas in mind.

bucketon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #8
Merodos

Journeyman

Does purchasing the lastest expansion unlock previous expansion content like it did before the F2P model was put into effect?

Merodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #9
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Merodos wrote:

Does purchasing the lastest expansion unlock previous expansion content like it did before the F2P model was put into effect?

It'll give you access to DOV, but not AOD.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #10
Seiffil
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Grievance

Loremaster

This is nothing new, they introduced the vet bonus while the level cap was still at 80.  When they increased the level cap to 90, which you couldn't level past 80 without purchasing Sentinel's Fate, you lost the vet bonus until you reached level 90, even if you hadn't purchased Sentinel's Fate and were locked at a level 80 max.

The only reason its an issue is because they made the choice to leave the vet bonus in place at 90 when they increased the level cap to 92.  This isn't an issue of being fair, it's an issue of you're no longer at the cap so no longer meet the criteria for receiving the level bonus.  The criteria isn't set by what's the highest level a particular person can obtain based on what expansions they have access to, it's what is the highest level obtainable in the game.

Seiffil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #11
Blintok

Loremaster

you sure vet bonus is reset? i have 8 char with none at 92 - just one at 90 and i see vet bonus on char select.

just looked at my L70 necro - in game on the exp bar adventure exp - vitality bonus 200% server bonus 100% veteran bonus 20%

i have just one tradeskill char at 92 and one at 90,  on the above necro on the tradeskill bar it is vitality bonus 200 server bonus 100 veteran bonus 40%

so looks to me like i still have the vet bonus

Blintok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #12
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Vet bonus was not reset to 92 with the Skyshrine update. It's currently still at 90, and will only change to 95 when COE drops.