EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > History and Lore
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-05-2006, 03:19 PM   #1
Shinta

General

Ok, before you all get upset and yell at me to read all the novel-like lore that's out there, please understand, my time is very limited day to day. I love EQ1 as if it were water at an oasis, but, what I want to know, is what happened to Kunark? Did it sink? What about Odus? Did that become the enchanted lands? Or Velious? Did it melt? Where the heck did Kelethin go? I've tried skimming through lore, but I don't have the time to read every detail, does anyone know?Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by Shintaro on 02-05-200602:21 AM

Message Edited by Shintaro on 02-05-200602:21 AM

Old 02-05-2006, 03:59 PM   #2
Zabjade

Loremaster

Shintaro wrote:Ok, before you all get upset and yell at me to read all the novel-like lore that's out there, please understand, my time is very limited day to day. I love EQ1 as if it were water at an oasis, but, what I want to know, is what happened to Kunark? Did it sink? What about Odus? Did that become the enchanted lands? Or Velious? Did it melt? Where the heck did Kelethin go? I've tried skimming through lore, but I don't have the time to read every detail, does anyone know?Thanks in advance.
The only continent explored is old Antonica,  Odus's fate is unknown  but is thought to take the brunt of of Luclin's derbis, Velious is thought to have melted. Kelethin, unknown and war-torn. Kunark is thought to have disolved in a green mist. The other continents discovered after LDoN are unknown.
Of course Luclin is now visable behind Drinal, shattered but visable. (Shards of Luclin space expansion, those crafty Space-faring gnomes?) of coursr Shar Vahl could have been punted back to norrath possibly even hovering over the Hole in what is left of Odus.

Message Edited by Zabjade on 02-05-200603:00 AM

Old 02-05-2006, 07:32 PM   #3
JoarAddam

Loremaster

all we know so far is that the world was bludgeoned to crap by giant moon rocks and elemental forces.  We. years later, all, every last one of us, fell in the ocean and lost our memories.  We were picked up and put on antonica.  nobody knows anything about anything other than the live content, the rest is all up in the air until we explore there via expansion.

The last expansion had much lore that alluded to the next expansion.  I suspect that this will be a common theme, though that requires growing *through* the new content, which some puritsts would say isn't necessarily a good exploration model.  I have even asked why we keep going west, always west. 

The next expansion actually brings 3 old world continents together.  Some from velious, some from kunark and some from antonica.  only the people writing our storyline know what happened to the rest of those pieces

You're Your

They're There Their
JoarAddam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:13 PM   #4
Bumbleb

I remember reading somewhere, i think it was from a high elf in castel view. that there was a war on kelethin between the orcs and the elfs and it resultedin the woods being burned to the ground. the war also affected the dwarfs and gnomes too. but im not really sure, i gotta find it again.
Bumbleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:58 PM   #5
Cusashorn

Loremaster

The only way we'll find out what happened to these places is to rediscover them. Just gotta wait a few years.
Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:07 AM   #6
Shinta

General

interesting... thanks guys!  SMILEY
Old 02-06-2006, 06:04 AM   #7
Atmosphear1993

Loremaster

JoarAddam wrote:

The next expansion actually brings 3 old world continents together.  Some from velious, some from kunark and some from antonica.  only the people writing our storyline know what happened to the rest of those pieces

Where did you read that the new expansion brings Kunark, Velious and Antonica together?  As far as I know, a few of the dragons from Kunark and Velious now rule over the Overrealm.  The only info that I could find that relates to old world zones is The Bonemire, which was once apart of an unknown region of the Plane of Sky: nothing to do with Antonica, Velious or Kunark.

I was under the assumption that most (or all) of the zones from Kingdom of Sky originated from parts of the Plane of Sky in someway. 

Please enlighten me if I have missed something.

Atmosphear1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:02 AM   #8
Hirebra

General

Kunark was broken apart by many tremors from deep within the world.  The Lake of Ill Omen became a violent churning pool that eventually undermined and swallowed Cabilis.  All in the city were lost and those of us elsewhere were left leaderless.  Now you know also that the shape of the world changed, the violence of its agony tearing the lands apart.  By a coincidence that need not be related here, a ship carrying many iksar was close enough to what had once been Antonica for some of our kind to reach shore. The History of the Iksar
Hirebra is offline   Reply With Quote