EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
Helmarf

Loremaster

Pretty please 

Helmarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
EvilAstroboy

Loremaster

+1

Why have slotted gear dropping from new zones where you need to run old redundant zones to get the shards to slot them?

Fix it thanks.

EvilAstroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:02 AM   #3
Wirewhisker
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage

Loremaster

To me, it's Sony keeping early DoV relevant.

Old redundant zones, new redundant zones...what's the difference?

Grind is grind.

And to think, you're stuck with this for 6 months!

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:44 AM   #4
yadlajoi

Loremaster

it s annoying and boring please make shard drop..
yadlajoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
BadLuck

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

To me, it's Sony keeping early DoV relevant.

Quoted the part I agree with SMILEY

BadLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
Leawyn

Loremaster

The difference is old redundant zones don't drop anything else of value, just shards. If they truly wanted to keep DOV1 relevant, they wouldn't have had solo quest rewards be better than DOV1 raid rewards.

Maelani | Maelya | Maerie | Maehymn | Maewyn | Maekita | Maelynne
Leawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #7
Mathrim
Server: Befallen
Guild: Legion of Legend

Loremaster

Easy solution.

Open up the loot database for Covenant District. Ctrl-C. Open up all TOFS zones. Ctrl-V. Lyceum copied to Rime zones. Dracur copied to Kael zones. Underdepths copied to Drunder zones.

Have this stuff drop in addition to the current junk that drops off the bosses in DoV part 1 seeing as how 99% of the gear in the old zones is nothing but mute fodder now.

Running zones for nothing but shards is bleh and we could at least get something equippable for the effort.

Mathrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #8
Chronus1

Loremaster

Sad thing is it doesn't even keep DoV1 relevant, only ToFSx2, maybe drunder x2 as well as ascent, pools and any other solo/duoable heroic zone.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #9
Mathrim
Server: Befallen
Guild: Legion of Legend

Loremaster

Another option would be to add in a group instance weekly in Skyshrine that rewards say...50 shards for completing all 4 instances. It's not enough shards to completely negate DoV part 1 since I can make 30 to 40 shards in a day there versus 50 in a week from Skyshrine, but at least it would be enough to not be forced into running useless zones.

Mathrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #10
Helmarf

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

The difference is old redundant zones don't drop anything else of value, just shards. If they truly wanted to keep DOV1 relevant, they wouldn't have had solo quest rewards be better than DOV1 raid rewards.

Exactly!

We did a couple of old dov zones just for heroic shards this weekend. 4 exquisite chests contaning 4 fabeld of those shiny things that you can put on your weapon ><

Helmarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #11
Jrral

Loremaster

Shyshrine armor has white adornment slots. White adornments (of the quality you'd want to put on raid gear) requires infusions+mana to make. Those require legendary and fabled gear to transmute. So even if I can't wear the gear, my transmuter can certainly break it down for the stuff I do need. DoV zones are ideal for this, they're easier to run and if all you're looking for is Purina Brand Transmuter Chow then "easy run" is better than "useful gear".

Jrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #12
Wirewhisker
Guild: Collateral Damage

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Shyshrine armor has white adornment slots. White adornments (of the quality you'd want to put on raid gear) requires infusions+mana to make. Those require legendary and fabled gear to transmute. So even if I can't wear the gear, my transmuter can certainly break it down for the stuff I do need. DoV zones are ideal for this, they're easier to run and if all you're looking for is Purina Brand Transmuter Chow then "easy run" is better than "useful gear".

This cat gets it. 

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #13
Talathion
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

Do TOFSx2/Drundar x2, get 25 Blue Shards, takes 30 minutes-an hour each.

Do the Weekly/Daily, Get 15-20 White Shards, takes about 30 minutes each. (if its TOFS Weekly, takes about an hour.)

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #14
Leawyn

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Funny, I never had problems with the supply of transmute fodder in old zones. and I don't see an issue with using the drops in SS that people can't use to boost my muting supplies. Why should I have to run old zones to adorn new gear? Never had to do that before. What they're doing now is about the same as making us run SF raids to adorn DOV gear.

Maelani | Maelya | Maerie | Maehymn | Maewyn | Maekita | Maelynne
Leawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #15
Neiloch

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

This cat gets it. 

lol this is ridiculous.

Every skyshrine zone drops fabled and legendary as well, that is what everyone is running AND it might drop actual upgrades. The ONLY thing old DoV offers right now is shards and PoW if you raid. That's it. You can't spin it any other way. And if you think making people run old DoV basically for harvesting is 'keeping it relevent' you are sorely mistaken in what 'relevent' means.

Do TOFSx2/Drundar x2, get 25 Blue Shards, takes 30 minutes-an hour each.

Do the Weekly/Daily, Get 15-20 White Shards, takes about 30 minutes each. (if its TOFS Weekly, takes about an hour.)

One of the main reasons I liked raiding on EQ2 is that I didn't have to make special runs outside of raiding to keep raiding. Such as running group zones. They stepped all over that in DoV1 with yellow adornments on raid gear and they are further screwing this up on skyshrine. Having to regularly run old raids for what amounts to harvesting just to fully adorn my gear is unacceptable. I don't care if it takes 10 minutes.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #16
Yimway

Loremaster

How many different places are we going to have this same thread / discusion?

Old 05-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #17
Neiloch

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

How many different places are we going to have this same thread / discusion?

That is up to SoE.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #18
Chronus1

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Except because this affects people who are reasonably to hm raid geared this means everybody can, has and will continue to solo/duo pr, solo SoH, solo ToK, solo VP (if certain classes), solo venril, solo miragul's x4 for plat anyway. All these zones drop level 80 fabled abundantly which transmutes to distilled manas and infusions of the void. These are also more efficient than running dov zones (1 group kraytocs em for example) as there you only get 13 fabled across 6 people rather than 3-6 in SoH, 2-5 in ToK and 9+ in VP solo. This also means these people have tens of thousand of platinum they have nothing to spend on and are ok to spend it on adornments.

When GU63 hit I had 400 infusions and 50 manas saved up. I sold half of each on the back of the huge boost in prices due to double white adorns/replacement gear and am already back to 35 manas and 230 infusions. White adorns aren't an issue. However with crit mit removal everybody re-adorned, now people are adorning upgrade loot and if you have 3+ characters you raid with it's a pain especially if you mostly raided and hardly did heroic zones accept maybe the odd hardmode eow slr.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #19
Vieray

Loremaster

They could just drop the shard requirments for the adornments?  Bottom line is if red and yellow adornments are important enough to be included on the new equipment (and honestly I like the flexibility they do provide in gear) then the shards to buy them are important enough to be dropping off the relevant mobs.  Either take the requirement off or put the required currancy in.  I guess I'd kind of like to see the shard requirement go, this would give me more freedom to experiment with adornment builds but perhaps it would make things a bit to easy.

Vieray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #20
Emperors

Loremaster

Vieray wrote:

They could just drop the shard requirments for the adornments?  Bottom line is if red and yellow adornments are important enough to be included on the new equipment (and honestly I like the flexibility they do provide in gear) then the shards to buy them are important enough to be dropping off the relevant mobs.  Either take the requirement off or put the required currancy in.  I guess I'd kind of like to see the shard requirement go, this would give me more freedom to experiment with adornment builds but perhaps it would make things a bit to easy.

Not if they increased the plat cost at the same time.  10p for heroic shards and 20p for red shards IMO would cover the hassle of getting those shards and it would act as a nice plat sink in the game.

Emperors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #21
Neiloch

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Not if they increased the plat cost at the same time.  10p for heroic shards and 20p for red shards IMO would cover the hassle of getting those shards and it would act as a nice plat sink in the game.

I'd be for that. I'd love it if it applied to both raid and heroic shards too.

Having to farm trivial content just so I can do the content I want is annoying. It doesn't even have anything to do with progression. We got all the items we want out of those encounters, shouldn't have to farm them for a special currency as well.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #22
gourdon

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Vieray wrote:

Doubling the price in plat for yellow and red adornments would not be a meaningful plat sink and would not be enough to avoid complete trivialization of adornment acquisition.  A multiplier of 5-10 would be more appropriate.  Then, one could either get shards and pay 5p or 10p, or not get shards and pay 25-50p or 50-100p.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #23
Miapa

Loremaster

This is one of the major timesinks that exists to help slow down progression and extend the life of new content.  To make content 'last longer', several new (or old) timesinks were added to the update.  One of them being the need to revist old heroic and raid content to get shards for adornments.  Another one of the timesinks is the removal of consumable armour patterns (you can still make armour unique to each class/subclass that come from the pattern) that was brought in during DoV.  Remember all the brawler and druid armour that dropped in SF?

Miapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #24
Neiloch

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

This is one of the major timesinks that exists to help slow down progression and extend the life of new content.  To make content 'last longer', several new (or old) timesinks were added to the update.  One of them being the need to revist old heroic and raid content to get shards for adornments.  Another one of the timesinks is the removal of consumable armour patterns (you can still make armour unique to each class/subclass that come from the pattern) that was brought in during DoV.  Remember all the brawler and druid armour that dropped in SF?

Suddenly making it less convenient and fun than it was before is poor design for a timesink, to say the least.

There is nothing you can say or explain that would suddenly make people 'okay' with this, the problem isn't that we don't understand why they are doing it. It isn't fun nor does it facilitate something being fun that couldn't be done otherwise, therefore it should not exist in a video game meant for entertainment purposes.

gourdon wrote:

Doubling the price in plat for yellow and red adornments would not be a meaningful plat sink and would not be enough to avoid complete trivialization of adornment acquisition.  A multiplier of 5-10 would be more appropriate.  Then, one could either get shards and pay 5p or 10p, or not get shards and pay 25-50p or 50-100p.

That sounds good too. I'd much rather spend a bunch of plat than spend time doing trivial content.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #25
Easley
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Alliance of Hope

Loremaster

I tried getting Primal Velium shards today, couldn't find a single group running any DoV1 content.  I do not log in daily as I have a life. I have my set gaming time aside to run Heroic/raids with friends. I should not have to log in every day to run a  "daily solo " every day just to get ONE shard. When I have ample gear needing multiple yellow adorns.  It'd take me a year to get them that way.
I have plenty of pure shards for red, but none left for yellow. It is getting beyond frustrating not to be able to get my chars properly equipped. Its gotten to the point where I dont want to log in anymore. If this doesnt get fixed anytime soon this may be the icing on the cake of me quitting.
Easley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #26
Miapa

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Suddenly making it less convenient and fun than it was before is poor design for a timesink, to say the least.

There is nothing you can say or explain that would suddenly make people 'okay' with this, the problem isn't that we don't understand why they are doing it. It isn't fun nor does it facilitate something being fun that couldn't be done otherwise, therefore it should not exist in a video game meant for entertainment purposes.

I'm not saying it's a good thing.  I'm just saying this is what it looks like they're doing.

Miapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:27 AM   #27
Eslina

Loremaster

Just add a shard mission for each Skyshrine instance, and maybe add shards to the loot table for the boxes from the solo instances. There's no good reason for the new zones not to drop shards when the gear has yellow and red slots. It's not making the old zones relevant or appealing, it's just a hassle.

Eslina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #28
Kinvore

Loremaster

I spoke to Gninja in game and he said there are no plans for adding shards to new zones.  They don't care about what we think about it, they don't care that it's nearly impossible to get groups/raids for those old zones anymore.  Our complaints are falling on deaf ears, as usual.

Kinvore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #29
Chronus1

Loremaster

Well that certainly sucks, especially for people that don't have a reliable guild they can drag back to do a dominance in an hour or one group tofs x2 or stuff, must really suck for those heroic players who are in casual guilds that still need the yellows.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:20 AM   #30
Wurm

Loremaster

IDK, white shards are easy to get. The daily white shard quest resets every 90 mins and Ascent can be slept-walked through in a very short amount of time.

Blue shards are a bit more difficult, but after doing a TOFS x2 one group run last night that only took a short amount of time and not only provided blue shards but lots of good chances at Distilled Mana.

Tons of "raiding" guilds never cleared most of DOV1, you hear people chanting the progression mantra all the time, I'm thinking SOE decided to see if they truly meant it by giving them the means at 92 to do content they couldn't handle at 90.

Progression isn't just gear, its also going places and killing things you have never done before. If all the raiding guilds who never managed to kill EM Statue would jump back into the DOV1 progression and work on content they couldn't beat before, for no other reason to get a notch on their belt, they would be getting enough blue shards (and war-runes) that it wouldn't matter.

But since gear is king... everyone is lining up to do the new Skyshrine raid content on raid nights. It also doesn't help that a good amount of the UD raid zone is easier than thrones and drops better loot.