EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Zone to Skyshrine (from Withered Lands) - You run in midair to here.

Skyshrine Ambiance - Inside Skyshrine it's very.. foggy? Guessing that's intentional ambiance but really makes the zone look 'meh'.

Maps - Maps 0-2 for Skyshrine are all identical. The maps are also really bad about switching back to the central area, and there's no good map for the central area showing the viable branches from it.

"Challenge Modes": From the original announcement about GU63..

Destiny of Velious Content Updates Include: *

• Play YOUR way in Skyshrine instances with solo, normal and challenge group modes

I'm only seeing level 95-96 heroics in Skyshrine. Where is the solo part?

Dracurion Mender - Not seeing any faction from the quests yet the Dracurion Mender doesn't want my business. What a party pooper. (Okay I take this one back, Hazrem's quests have faction yet Cek'Arctor's missions do not)

Covert Drake - Target ring for "a covert shadow-talon drake" is HUGE! Also, since our only option is Withered Lands for returning, why do we get a map popup for this once we said yes take us back?

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
Fyreflyte

Black Mage

Cyliena wrote:

I'm only seeing level 95-96 heroics in Skyshrine. Where is the solo part?

The daily missions from Cek'Arctor are solo/duoable (you may use a mercenary as well).

Fyreflyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
Morghus

Loremaster

I think the redness of the zones should be toned down, it's making me see green.

Morghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #4
Wizardlord
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Acolytes of Valor

Loremaster

an osseous banisher < it has 2 billion hitpoints. (lol)

(1331831881)[Thu Mar 15 17:18:01 2012] aPC 1924774 Gninjadev:Gninjadev/a says, "heh 2 billion hp"

also while the trash takes time to kill, the contested nameds in skyshrine seem to be alittle on the easy side even the level100's and 99's we came accross (while we were at 90).

i can quite easily imagine these nameds being solod before long in the cotested zone (if thats the plan, then fair enough, but just a comment)

Wizardlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:42 AM   #5
Darkholis

Guardian

Did a group/raid today in Skyshrine.

1- ALL Osseous tagged mobs are unkilable with over 2.2 billion hp confirmed by Gninja

2- Nameds encounters are ten times easier than any trash mobs

3- I love challenge but kinda hard to move 6 inches without aggroing 10 mobs

4- Red con mobs should be checked, my group and I were critting more than 93% of the time on a 99 heroic as 90 players.

5-Same thing with Honvar, 12x 90 players took him down to 50% without much trouble and he's red to us.

-I do not valuate a raid force on the number of kills they got, I instead valuate it on the number of flawless they achieved.

(Vanuk, 92 guardian, Tyrant of Revenge)
Darkholis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:48 AM   #6
Darkholis

Guardian

Forgot to say I looted a brawler weapon today from named in skyshrine....it procs 254k max hp!

-I do not valuate a raid force on the number of kills they got, I instead valuate it on the number of flawless they achieved.

(Vanuk, 92 guardian, Tyrant of Revenge)
Darkholis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #7
Jrel
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Blackstar Rising

Loremaster

I did the first solo zone in Skyshrine yesterday (Covenent District solo) and got a Research Time Reduction potion from a Treasured Chest as the final reward. No treasure drops from the previous 3 names in the zone.  I did get some nice zone only one-use crystals from trash mobs, but they're not items.  I'm guessing no loot from the zone is a temporary modification before going live?

Semi-spoiler: 

In the very final named encounter, the summoned/non-named mob does 4x-10x damage more than any of the names in that encounter.  I'm not sure if that's intended, but that single mob is like fighting two of the names in that zone together; plus you're trying to fight the final names at the same time.  It also has 1.5x the hp of the final boss name.

Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #8
Jrel

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I think the redness of the zones should be toned down, it's making me see green.

Skyshrine was crazy orange until after I completed a solo zone; and then, it was normal looking, and actually pretty.

The solo zone (Covenant District) was mostly red with different shades of fire with some darker colors for outlines; and brown for boxes/wood.   The red needs to be toned down unless the zone was in a volcano.  Seriously, the entire sky didn't have to be red, and I get it that parts of the zone were on fire or burnt.  If the stones were that hot from the fire, they should have been melting into magma.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #9
Kryvak
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Undercon

Loremaster

The adds on Ozek the Undying in contested Covenant's District have a huge amount of HP and don't despawn when Ozek is killed.

Usual Suspects

Everfrost
Kryvak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #10
Bezdami
Server: Crushbone

Loremaster

Line of Sight Errors:  in all the skyshrine instances, the debris that lays around the floor give LoS errors.  I woudn't mind the larger ones doing it, as that would just require you to watch out for certain things, but even the smallest box will prevent you from doing things and this squishy mage prefers not to be so up close and personal!

comet:  I love comet.  At first I coudln't figure out what was hitting me and where it was coming from, but once you see it, it's obvious.   Feedback on it.  In the instances of the past, where the city is reddish, comet blends in and is harder to see. Perhaps make it brigher? ( I play with my graphics on very high, but particles turned down)  When comet pops, you have very little time to get out of the way and his range is hella big.  I would like to see it either give a bit more time before the explosion or have a smaller radius so easier to run out ( or some variation of the two; but don't make it too easy I like the dangerous part of it )

Fragment of Gravitational Potential, Singularity Sphere , Lucent Rock of Relative  Mass etc.   I currently have 5 of these in my bags, and find I never use them because making 5 (possibly more) spaces on my already crowded hotbars is hard.  I wish there was a better way to use these?  Right click option or something?

Bezdami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #11
Soresha

Tester

Travel to Skyshrine - looks like the mount isn't hooked up yet?

Travelling back to Withered Lands - you don't get a ride at all, just appear on the pad. That was a bit disappointing, could you make a short flight where you appear high in the sky and fly down on the drakota to land on the pad?

Cek'Arctor is doing something very weird where he seems to morph into another, larger NPC model then shrinks back. This happens periodically if you watch him. It's too quick to see what the other model is though.

Convenant District (past)

It's awesome graphically, but maybe a little bit too red. Maybe tone it down just a little?

When you zone in, or die and revive at that spot, you're too close to the portal. Or the portal is extending too far into the room. At a normal zoom distance, facing forwards from the point where you're placed, the portal is actually extending infront of you and covering your entire view. If you click anywhere you hit it and get zoned out  again - I did this several times by mistake. Basically when you're placed there facing forward, you shouldn't see it, or be able to click it, because it's technically behind you.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #12
Detor

Loremaster

Soresha wrote:

Cek'Arctor is doing something very weird where he seems to morph into another, larger NPC model then shrinks back. This happens periodically if you watch him. It's too quick to see what the other model is though.

I think that's intentional.  The larger model looks like one of those tentacle mobs Lyceum of Abhorrence has.  I'm guessing you do a bunch of quests in there (that start in Alivan - just guessing here) and find out that Cek'Arctor is the bad guy at the end and he was just pretending to be a dracurion.  

I saw somebody say they'd 'unlocked' the group dungeons, how do you do that?  Is it an Alivan quest series, or is it more like the old days of Sebilis where the instance entrances are deeper into the dungeon itself past a bunch of heroics?

Detor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #13
ttobey

Developer

Soresha wrote:

ing, could you make a short flight where you appear high in the sky and fly down on the drakota to land on the pad?

Is this  NPC made up of bones or columns?

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

ttobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #14
CleeGrahamx2099

Guardian

I wanted to also point out that not only the Osseous tagged mobs have that hp but the wurms in one of the instances actually has more hp than the Osseous tagged mobs. Don't remember which instance I went into last night nor the name of the mob but there are about 4 wurms in the last room surrounding the last named that has a chance to kick you back into those wurms : )

CleeGrahamx2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #15
bwest86

Lord

CleeGrahamx2099 wrote:

I wanted to also point out that not only the Osseous tagged mobs have that hp but the wurms in one of the instances actually has more hp than the Osseous tagged mobs. Don't remember which instance I went into last night nor the name of the mob but there are about 4 wurms in the last room surrounding the last named that has a chance to kick you back into those wurms : )

There are mobs in Covenant Sector HM, Lyceum EM and HM with this absurd HP. I ran ACT and found the majority of these mobs have 180-250 MILLION HP. This literally resulted in 5-10min fights depending on the group makeup PER TRASH MOB. In Lyceum there are about 20 of these mobs total in the zone which makes the zone nearly un-clearable. My group had to resort to having our bruiser tank FD flop to the final boss room, summon the group using summoning charms, then use wands on trash. After all of this we could finally the boss encounter. We continued to do this for each and every boss in the zone. Also note the quest inside Lyceum called "Breaking Bones" was bugged, the NPC would not give the item needed for the quest to anyone who was on that part of the questline. The final name in the Covenant Sector HM zone seems to be bugged as well. The strat is to kill his adds as they spawn at 90% 60% and 30% but these adds have massive HP like some of the trash in the zone. Upon killing these adds they also explode for about 200k damage on the group making the encounter near unkillable if you follow the proper strategy.
bwest86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #16
Jrel

Loremaster

ttobey wrote:

Soresha wrote:

ing, could you make a short flight where you appear high in the sky and fly down on the drakota to land on the pad?

If it is the mission quest giver that Soresha is talking about, the dracurian is instantly morphing into a Kael giant and back every few seconds.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #17
Fyreflyte

Black Mage

ttobey wrote:

Soresha wrote:

Not to worry, ttobey. The animation on Cek'Arctor is intended SMILEY

Old 03-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #18
Soresha

Tester

Fyreflyte wrote:

ttobey wrote:

Soresha wrote:

Not to worry, ttobey. The animation on Cek'Arctor is intended

Hmmm....! Well if it's deliberate, and we're supposed to see what he turns into, you might want to have him pause on the giant just for 1 second before switching back. Because its really quick and I couldn't see what he was turning into, until I read here it was a giant and then when I looked hard I could recognise it as such.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #19
Soresha

Tester

Just ran the 2nd solo mission with no problems. But I did notice I'm getting a ton of xp for it, like 20% of level 91 (that's with vitality, veteran and Test server bonuses).

Exact amounts of xp aside though, for the time it takes to run the zone the xp given seems disproportionately large compared to how much I got from the Withered Lands quests (and the time it took to do them).

Honestly my reaction at this point is: don't bother working to deliberately level her up to 92. Just run the missions over the next couple of days and she'll be there. It seems like the easy route to 92, too easy, so it's probably too high. (Either that or Withered Lands should give more overall.)

Old 03-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #20
Fyreflyte

Black Mage

Soresha wrote:

Just ran the 2nd solo mission with no problems. But I did notice I'm getting a ton of xp for it, like 20% of level 91 (that's with vitality, veteran and Test server bonuses).

Exact amounts of xp aside though, for the time it takes to run the zone the xp given seems disproportionately large compared to how much I got from the Withered Lands quests (and the time it took to do them).

Odd, it should only be giving about double what one of the regular solo quests gives. For now, I've set the exp mod down to give the same amount as a regular solo quest. Please let me know if the exp still seems too high. There could be another modifier affecting it that I've missed seeing.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #21
Soresha

Tester

Fyreflyte wrote:

Soresha wrote:

Odd, it should only be giving about double what one of the regular solo quests gives. For now, I've set the exp mod down to give the same amount as a regular solo quest. Please let me know if the exp still seems too high. There could be another modifier affecting it that I've missed seeing.

Ohh... I didn't mean just handing in the quest. I meant from the whole time spent running around the zone. The mobs inside aren't hard or slow to kill, yet mobs+quest = about 20% of the level.

I just tried the 3rd mission now. Died 9 or 10 times before giving up, so quest can't be handed in. Can't get past the encounter of 3 named. I've got vitality 200%, veteran 100%, server 50% bonuses. And I've gone from 23% => 36% of level 91, with 2% xp debt from the deaths.

Of course the 3rd mission probably can't be compared directly to the 2nd one! Oh well.

EDIT: This is perhaps better compared to the Withered Lands mobs which hardly give any xp per kill, yet honestly, seem to take much longer to take down.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #22
Soresha

Tester

3rd solo mission zone today, Dracur Prime.

Don't know if you took the red tinting off with the last patch, but it's not in this zone. But I can finally see what comet is. Which helps not getting killed by it!

Using the pally merc in here.There's curses getting applied from some mobs. Not sure what they are yet, but they're not getting cleared off my merc when it dies. When I call the merc back, it's now got 2x curses permanently applied to it.

There's an encounter of 4 droag near -294, 2, -21 which for some reason I totally struggled to dodge comet from them. Might just be the size of the group causing the proble. Ended up kiting them around the whole zone. Also it feels like I'm getting rooted at the same time as comet getting casted, because I just can't get my character to move.

The encounter of 3 named is totally impossible for my fury. Advise from others matched what I was attempting anyway, to kill the wizard first. But the advice was to one-shot him. Heh, no way my fury can do that, I can barely scratch him before he's dead. Can't kite them as they reset when you pull back. Pally merc didn't last very long at all. Felt like I was gettin rooted in comet again, but chat log isn't showing what was killing me. Basically the whole thing is over within seconds, I don't stand a chance. This needs some serious adjustment please!

Old 03-21-2012, 01:08 AM   #23
Skeez1e

Tester

Fyreflyte wrote:

The daily missions from Cek'Arctor are solo/duoable (you may use a mercenary as well).

I'm trying to duo them - but I can't get two of my toons in the same instance.  Is there a trick I'm not aware of?  I've tried deleting/re-getting the quest, tried more than one quest and even tried to CoV one in.  No mercs up, just 2 toons.   

When one zones in, it pulls the other - but the second lands in a separate instance. 

Old 03-21-2012, 05:29 AM   #24
Miapa

Loremaster

comet's Fire of Fyrm is extremely annoying.  With 0% in-combat runspeed it is close to impossible to escape.  Looking at the ground during the entire fight for everysingle fight gets boring and makes theses zones more frustrating than anything.

The comet also gets EXTREMELY buggy when multiple encounters are involved.  If two encounters try to cast it simultaneiously, no red aura.  If an encounter dies, the red aura goes away but I'm still killed by it.

1.  There should be a message to the player that a comet is incomming.

2.  There should be enough time to get away from the comet if a player has 0% runspeed.  The only way you can get away with this runspeed is if you are already moving when the aura appears.

Miapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:18 AM   #25
Anarok

Lord

I just tried to complete the mission "Collapsing the Capitol" and ran into two mayjor problems. The first is the large pack of mobs in the upper right hand corner of the map in the ally. No matter what I did the comet kept hitting me even if I tried to run out of the way. There does not seem to be enough time to be able to move. 2nd with the same pull if they disarm you it messed up my right mouse button so I couldn't move out of the way of the comet in time.

The next was with the 3 grouped named. I was able to kill the wizard but when it was down to just the main guy and the healer I could barly even do any dmg to either of them.

Anarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #26
Fyreflyte

Black Mage

Skeez1e wrote:

Fyreflyte wrote:

I'm trying to duo them - but I can't get two of my toons in the same instance.  Is there a trick I'm not aware of?  I've tried deleting/re-getting the quest, tried more than one quest and even tried to CoV one in.  No mercs up, just 2 toons.   

When one zones in, it pulls the other - but the second lands in a separate instance. 

Is this issue still occurring? Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? It looks like the portal was fixed to allow in 2 players about a week ago, so in theory that change should be active on Test now.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #27
Chrol

Developer

[email protected] wrote:

comet's Fire of Fyrm is extremely annoying.  With 0% in-combat runspeed it is close to impossible to escape.  Looking at the ground during the entire fight for everysingle fight gets boring and makes theses zones more frustrating than anything.

The comet also gets EXTREMELY buggy when multiple encounters are involved.  If two encounters try to cast it simultaneiously, no red aura.  If an encounter dies, the red aura goes away but I'm still killed by it.

1.  There should be a message to the player that a comet is incomming.

2.  There should be enough time to get away from the comet if a player has 0% runspeed.  The only way you can get away with this runspeed is if you are already moving when the aura appears.

Warning messaging is in for this comet's impending doom.  After it goes to test and you all notice there's still not enough time between the warning message and the moment of impact, please let us know.

Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #28
Ebofu

Lord

Any word on whether the Osseous tagged mobs are meant to have 200m HP, also wurms in final area of CD have 250m.

If its not intended, when will this be fixed, its gating a lot of heroic testing.

I haven't gone back in a couple days because I dont like spending 40minutes clearing trash in heroic zones, I raid on live to do that, so if this was already fixed, I apologise.

*A lot of named encounters which spawn adds are also bugged, the adds which are scripted to be killed have equal or more hp than name.

Ebofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #29
Skeez1e

Tester

First impressions thus far (which I must admit isn't that far - about three solid hours worth):  I love it.  Probably the zone with the most potential to give that old dungeon crawl/grinding spot feeling of EQ1 - MPG.  The only but would be the clutter - I think you could easily remove every second item and still have to pay attention (which I am assuming is why the junk is strewn).

Looking forward to doing more of it.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #30
Emtan

Developer

The "osseous" bone golem mobs should now have more reasonable health in Arcane and Market instances. Sorry about that.

Hopefully, the changes will make it in for the next available update.

Emtan is offline   Reply With Quote