EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Quests and Live Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

Subject says all. There's a buttload of new quest rewards in the newbie areas (especially furniture). But as a veteran player who's already completed most of these quests prior to GU57, I have absolutely no way of personally obtaining these rewards without rolling a new character.

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
Jinksie
Server: Oasis
Guild: Bloodlust

Loremaster

You can self-mentor down as low as level 5.  I've done that to work through the storylines I missed and had no problem finishing those lower level quests.  Give it a try, you might be surprised.

Cheers!

Old 08-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
Cusashorn

Loremaster

Which quests are you talking about in particular? I've completed all the newbie quests in Hate's Envy a long time ago, and these new quests involving the havoc the Sablevein crumblers are causing were given to me with no problem either. I've obtained a few furnitures from the quests.

Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
Barx
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Mayhem

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

You can self-mentor down as low as level 5.  I've done that to work through the storylines I missed and had no problem finishing those lower level quests.  Give it a try, you might be surprised.

Cheers!

That's not what the OP is talking about. They're talking about quests that were updated to have new furniture rewards that the OP already did in the past.

I'm in the same boat, but this is nothing new. When something like that happens, it's just time to make a new alt or do them on an alt I have not dome them on before. The only time it'd be really an issue is it if gave something new that was a title or something otherwise bound to a single character.

IMHO, the ideal solution would be to put the rewards on a vendor and let you buy them if you have the quest completed.

Barx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
Cusashorn

Loremaster

Ahh, I was not aware of that.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #6
Jinksie

Loremaster

A ha - that explains it better - thank you. I will have to check those out. I agree with the vendor option.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:33 PM   #7
Torvos

Loremaster

I haven't seen anything about new quests offering new rewards. Which areas have the new furniture stuff?

Torvos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:40 PM   #8
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

Torvos wrote:

I haven't seen anything about new quests offering new rewards. Which areas have the new furniture stuff?

Darklight Woods for one.

Fortunately most of the furniture rewards seem to be tradeable.

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #9
Mystfit

Loremaster

Here's something that is confusing me.

My main, which had done all the DLW quests was not offered:

Missing Nerians

Stunning Revelations.

although she progressed in the storyline even having not done those quests. Is that intended? As my main is a quest aholic, she does every quest out there and doesn't like having missed 1 quest even SMILEY

Old 08-18-2010, 09:06 PM   #10
Cusashorn

Loremaster

Yeah I noticed two NPC's in Darklight Woods just jump right in with the 2nd quest they offer. As soon as you hail them, they respond by asking if you gathered the items or found the missing people they were looking for.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:37 AM   #11
-Fluffy-

Tester

Those quests are actaully just the old ones that have been renamed, check your journal and you will see they are listed there.

This change to the newbie lines really leaves a bit of a mess in the quest journal, some quests were renamed, some were cut&pasted completely so they show up in the journal twice and some had their levels changed.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:29 AM   #12
Mystfit

Loremaster

Hmmm..the missing Nerians has me go to what used to be the werewloves area and find out what happened. With one toon, I went directly to giving a report on something I hadn't technically found yet (and I assume since the ghoulish nerians are new I couldn't have found it before). Even if I HAD done it before, it was very confusing.

The other quest had you create a power and then the second quest had your pour it over the skellys. The first toon didn't get the collect powder quest, she was directed directly to the pouring quest. The second toon did get the collect quest. What's maknig me think it's a new quest is the second toon got disco on the mushrooms on the ground and if it were an old quest, I shouldn't have gotten disco. SO, to me it sounds like a new quest that my main somehow missed.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:31 AM   #13
-Fluffy-

Tester

Well maybe renamed wasn't the correct way to put it... They took the old quest and replaced all the content in it with something else. It still uses the same ID in the database, so the game thinks you have already completed it and just gives you the next one in the line.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:51 AM   #14
rbritz

Loremaster

Mazahs, I got the DW and Gfay ones out of the way this morning before I had to leave for work, but just before logging I ran over to Frostfang and tried to get the 3 new quests from Vala and couldn't as well as the new tradeskill NPC in frostfang. Didn't have time to research it but that's where I'm stuck currently.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #15
Jinksie

Loremaster

I was able to do the Gfay ones last night as well. I think all of them, not sure.  I also was not successfully in picking up the newbie ones in Frostfang, Halas, as of yet. If you figure it out, let us know. I will do the same.

Cheers!

Old 08-19-2010, 02:44 PM   #16
-Fluffy-

Tester

The 3 new ones on Pilgrims Landing in Frostfang Sea were not available on test either if you already did the old ones, I bugged it but maybe they want it to be like that, who knows.

You will only be able to get half of the new tradeskill quests in Halas, either the good (Tami) or the evil (Varla) side, not both.

There is also a new quest added to the ending of the DLW questline that is not available if you already completed it.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #17
Mystfit

Loremaster

Does anyone know what quest rewards the new newbie mounts? I found the Neriak one, but I assume there are similar ones for Halas, GF, Gorowyn. If I can track down who gives it, I can better track what quests I need to do on an alt to get them. (since it's likely a series)

Old 08-19-2010, 05:59 PM   #18
rbritz

Loremaster

Mazahs, I was able to get all of the DLW ones completed as viewed from the database. I'll check on the tradeskill one here in the next couple hours when I get off work.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #19
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Halas one is from "Sometimes You Feel Like a Knut" (unless it's changed since Test)

New DLW rewards:

Sablevein Crumbler PlushieDarklight Souvenir ChestThexian CampfireDarklight Merchant TentDarklight Placard (two variations)Sableflame EmblemThexian SarcophagusA Lost Soul (my favorite one!)Neriak Destrier whistle

edit: oops, had to fix some links, lol

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:36 PM   #20
Mystfit

Loremaster

Thanks! Now I just need Gorowyn and GF. I know, I know, never satisfied SMILEY

Old 08-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #21
Mezaka
Server: Unrest
Guild: Paradigm

Loremaster

I'd also like to support the idea of having some way of allowing us veterans who have completed the 'old' quests a way to do some of the 'new' quests that are not currently obtainable.  I realize no one is holdin a gun to our head and forcing us to do quests, but for the few of us aiming for the 4.5 k and 5k quest achievement mark without having to betray our class or tradeskill, every little bit helps...

--Mez