EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #1
Kenrod

Loremaster

I couldn't find a definite answer when searching, so if there is one please point me in the right direction.

Just curious if this expansion is going to give the +90 days like the previous expansions, or will it be like TSO where we assume it will exist, then we don't get it and a few weeks later we're told "oh, no, there's no increase this expansion."

Kenrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
Eveningsong

Tester

I'm pretty sure they've discontinued the practice of adding account age with expansions as of TSO.  I can't blame them, it was getting ridiculous with people wanting their 6 year rewards before the game was even 5 years old!

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
Gungo

Loremaster

Eveningsong wrote:

I'm pretty sure they've discontinued the practice of adding account age with expansions as of TSO.  I can't blame them, it was getting ridiculous with people wanting their 6 year rewards before the game was even 5 years old!

I think they should add account age bonus to expansions but only if you are already not at the cap. Basically this allows newer accounts the ability to catch up to the older accounts when they buy a new expansion.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:25 PM   #4
Rijacki

Tester

Gungo wrote:

Eveningsong wrote:

I think they should add account age bonus to expansions but only if you are already not at the cap. Basically this allows newer accounts the ability to catch up to the older accounts when they buy a new expansion.

But is that fair for those of us who have been around? Basically that would be a way to 'buy' the same account age as someone who has actually 'been there' while paying less, over the span of time, than someone who has been there.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:33 PM   #5
Gungo

Loremaster

Rijacki wrote:

Gungo wrote:

Eveningsong wrote:

But is that fair for those of us who have been around? Basically that would be a way to 'buy' the same account age as someone who has actually 'been there' while paying less, over the span of time, than someone who has been there.

I think its fair because it requires you to BUY the same expansion as us old timers did to gain a similar benefit. Basically i see the veteran rewards as a reward for those who paid for each expansion over the years.

I see the subscription cost as the cost of playing the game. I dont think its fair considering some of the considerable benefits of veteran rewards to require a new player to play the game for 6 years just to be able to get the current rewards we received today. And at 3 months per expansion it still would only equate to 1.5 years of additional account age if someone started during sentinals fate.

All this does is allow new accounts a means to catch up to older accounts over time.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:46 PM   #6
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

This game wont be around in 6 years, pretty sure you dont need to worry about any noob playing catch up.

I thought the whole point of status items was merely that - For Status, bragging rights etc.

If that is/was correct I think the point was missed. Status points and guild status points should have stayed with the player regardless of the guild they are in, it shows what the player accomplished. The status of a guild should be a reflection of the combined efforts of its current members.

Vet rewards should have been unique items to denote your status as a veteran player not items which altered game play or provided advantage. Doing that disheartens new players from not being able to catch up or provides an incentive to somehow gain that advantage through channels outside the norm.

An appearance slot for mounts would have done nicely with exotic mounts that only vets could obtain. They would only be appearance with the primary stats coming from the used mounts. Same for gear, or special location housing.

Earned status items, meaning things which cost status that any player could earn should have been useful things and NOTHING of that category should have been based on GUILD level anything.

Guild level items should have been a combination of use and fluff. Special mounts which are only available by cerrtain level guilds which could only be equipped if you were in a guild of that level, you leave you lose the abiity to use the mount (which is appearance only - see appearance slot above). Discounts at city brokers, mender, merchants, etc based on the level of guild you are in - an incentive to be in a guild.

My opinion for what its worth~

Valdaglerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #7
swampthing

Loremaster

Rijacki wrote:

Gungo wrote:

Eveningsong wrote:

Does it really matter?  There's no one that's been playing for 6 years and yet there's 6 year rewards.

swampthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:43 PM   #8
Vual
Server: Oasis

Loremaster

Gungo wrote:

I think its fair because it requires you to BUY the same expansion as us old timers did to gain a similar benefit. Basically i see the veteran rewards as a reward for those who paid for each expansion over the years.

No it doesn't. You pay one price for all of the expansions now, unlike 'us old timers' who shelled out $40 for each expansion pack.

Vual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:43 AM   #9
Torvos

Loremaster

Rijacki wrote:

Gungo wrote:

Eveningsong wrote:

Didn't you recently say in another thread that you'd consider doing just that if the option was given?

Torvos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:09 AM   #10
Wingrider01

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

This game wont be around in 6 years, pretty sure you dont need to worry about any noob playing catch up.

funny, seen this comment concerning everquest live posted over in their forums at least twice a month for the last ten years........l

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:50 AM   #11
erin

Loremaster

Wingrider01 wrote:

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

funny, seen this comment concerning everquest live posted over in their forums at least twice a month for the last ten years........l

And on the forums of every online game, ever.  Like ultima online...

erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:40 PM   #12
woolf2k

Loremaster

they didn't do it last exp. doubt they'll do it this time. besides you people whine too much about it.. I wouldn't give it to either if I was SOE.

woolf2k is offline   Reply With Quote