EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #91
Hirofortis

Loremaster

My impressions:

• Overall I have not seen much difference in the game pre and post game update.
  • I had to go in and reset all my char traits which was a chore but accepotable.  
  • I can see some of the graphics updates for qeynos, but really not impressed with it overall.  
  • The racial heritage quests are a fun diversion.
  • Having the BG tokens No trade is absolutly stupid
  • All tokens should be hierloom.
  • The Reckless stance is OP'ed.  
    • Not that I complain on my 5 tanks, but give me the reckless stance for my DPS.  
    • I would love to generate 80% less hate on them.  
When the Freeport revamp came out I wanted to go to the city to see all the new items and it was cool to explore all the eye candy.  With qeynos I feel like I have to spend hours to find something that might have changed.  Just not impressed.  I would rather you have spent the time revamping all the toons graphics and giving us more options.
Anyway, storyline is good. so that is my thoughts.

Hirofortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #92
msgnomer

Loremaster

I'm  very sad and I really hope some performance improvement to Qeynos occurs.  Qeynos has always been the core of the game for me and I can no longer hang out there.

Even with only 12 players in the Harbor district, AND with my graphics bumped down two levels to "balanced" AND running or even walking, the FPS frequently dips to single digits, freezes up, and graphics pop in and out of view at ridiculously close range.

This makes it impossible for me to comment on graphics or quests.  I posted before, thinking the poor performance might be the volume of players in the zone, but that is obviously not the case.  Assuming Qeynos plays well on some systems, it seems like the minimum system for the game has been bumped up substantially. 

I have a subscription through December so I won't be quitting, but the thought occurred.  I had become resigned to losing Baubbleshire and Willow Wood, but I was unprepared for losing Qeynos as well.  I appreciate that you retained the look and feel of Qeynos as far as I can tell, but I'm sad you made it unplayable on my system.  But you have until December to improve that!

Hall of Fame: Help Feed the Dragons! (No, you won't be the food!)

Look for Poet's Dungeon: The Mad Poet's Release returning soon.

----------

Aluriel's chronicle of a scavanger hunt through 50 player decorated homes and guildhalls:.... http://photobucket.com/AlurielsAdventure

msgnomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #93
AppyH

Loremaster

The storylines are...well, ok as it is, the quest rewards are rather poor though (from the view of a high level char, might be good for others). I would much prefer keeping the old suburbs like they were, instead of this "lets save some money and reuse old zones and pretend it is new content" kind of development though, we'd be just fine without the Qeynos revamp.

Fighter changes are poorly planned, there is a gigantic disparity between the different fighter classes (poor warriors) as to how much they benefit from recklessness. Does anyone even test this stuff before it is released?

The only thing I like about this GU is the focus changes.

All in all, a rather poor GU, 3/10 at most.

AppyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #94
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

where the storyline for those "Ratonga Refugees" from freeport that are in qeynos??? why no update for them?

only saw 1 ratonga in mage tower as an apprentance.

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #95
ShinGoku

Loremaster

The Qeynos update is pointless.  It now takes longer than ever to get around and the lag is horrible.

Why was the effort even made when 1001 other things in game need fixing and updating?

ShinGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:31 PM   #96
Wingrider01

Loremaster

ShinGoku wrote:

The Qeynos update is pointless.  It now takes longer than ever to get around and the lag is horrible.

Why was the effort even made when 1001 other things in game need fixing and updating?

funny getting a lot better frame rate inthe revamp, and 30 percent better

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:34 AM   #97
Paladin776

Loremaster

After having been gone around 3 years, I came back specifically for this update.  I had run around the new Freeport before GU 64 dropped, and really was impressed at the improvements, especially the relative ease of getting around (I still get lost in Freeport very easily, but it's easier to take.  SMILEY

After the GU went live, I logged in and found myself in The Thundering Steppes (!).  I made my way back overland and got to approach Qeynos from the Highway and was visually impressed. On entering, I was just a bit underwhelmed.  It definitely has a different look, but it seems more subdued now than it was.

I find that the real gem was the new quest lines. They engaged me to the point where I just wanted to get them done so I could see more of the story.  The story for me ended up with a "one week earlier" feel, as I'd witnessed the little event at the palace before getting into the quest line.  I had a lot of fun running through it, and was in tears laughing at the end of the last fight from the Firefly reference.

My biggest disappointment was the change made to Queen Antonia.  While she did seem a bit more "human" during conversations (thought she was a bit stuffy in the conversations from the Shadow Odyssey expansion), taking away her signature outfit and replacing it with huge and heavy-looking dress was a big let-down for me, not to mention the changes to her facial structure and just her overall look.

All in all, I liked what we got (minuses aside) and I feel it was worth coming back for.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #98
Miapa

Loremaster

I posted this earlier, but got no response.  I could've sworn my PoW gear had higher stats than after the patch.  If not, some of the stats on this gear is seriously lacking.  I have two examples below:

The stats for the three items are similar except for the PoW charm has very low DPS / MA.  (Left to Right: PoW, UD HM, UD EM)

The PoW belt has significantly lower Attack Speed and MA (and also Block chance) than the Easy Mode Skyshrine one.

Miapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:48 AM   #99
Dreyco

Archive of Ik

Note about the purchaseable rewards from the Armor and Weapon Upgrades merchant, and Silver players.

The level 90 tunic costs 24 platinum... however, a Silver player can only have up to 18 platinum.  This means that it is impossible for a silver player to get their hands on that tunic, even if they could purchase the unlockers to get to that gera tier...

Edit:  Same with any of the weapons.

Grand Historian of The Archive of Ik
Dreyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #100
denmom

Loremaster

Location: Paradigm Clutch: Never shift reality without one...

[email protected] wrote:

where the storyline for those "Ratonga Refugees" from freeport that are in qeynos??? why no update for them?

only saw 1 ratonga in mage tower as an apprentance.

I've run this on my Ratonga Paladin and afterwards I saw many Ratonga Guard.  I hailed several and they all said that they and several others were asked to join the Guard by the General himself.  I didn't notice, but it may be that if you're a non-Ratonga, you're not flagged to "see" the NPC Ratonga Guard but you clearly see Cippin up in the Mage Tower since he's needed for the quest line.

But one thing that should be done is a finishing reference to the "misbehaving" Ratonga you take care of early on in the Ratona racial quest.  The story veers of to left field when there's a connection to the problems Ratonga are having in Freeport with the Roekilliks (sp) showing their faces in the shadows.  Seems to me that the NPC Ratonga (Tilla etc) would have some communication with the Freeport Ratonga considering it's all the "ancient enemy".

But, despite that thought and speculation, I really did like the quest and the turn of events. SMILEY

Old 08-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #101
Pixiewrath
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Aristocrats

Loremaster

Have they fixed mercenaries being flagged as quest update mobs yet?

Pixiewrath is offline   Reply With Quote