EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
Mohee

Lord

Has anyone else encountered this?

Quite a few named mobs cast certain things that will kill an entire group in 1 shot if not jousted. 

I.E. Cataclysmic Catalyst - The mob will begin casting it, and then a split second later start casting something else (but he is actually still casting Cataclysmic Catalyst). Sometimes the AOE will go off even without it ever showing on the mobs casting bar at all! Which makes it impossible to tell when the mob needs to be jousted. ( I believe this happens when the mob starts casting CC while he is in the middle of casting a different spell )

This also seems true for quite a few other spells Mobs use that 1 shot groups, I'll try and get all of their named. But I know for a fact that Cataclysmic Catalyst is one of them.

Envenomed Breath is another.

Also, the emotes are very buggy and don't always match with what the mob is doing or about to do. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't, and more often then not, its very delayed, or comes to early.

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
Malleria

Loremaster

Yes, very annoying. Cataclysmic Catalyst really deserves it's own red text warning at this point. Certainly more so than comet does.

Malleria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
Miapa

Loremaster

This "bug" has been happening for a while now.  I doubt it'll ever get fixed.  I don't remember if it existed in SF, but I know it existed in DoV.

Miapa is offline   Reply With Quote