EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
Miapa

Loremaster

Can this encounter be changed so that it DOES NOT reset when a random person comes by, agros an add (terraformer or centipede) and dies/runs away?

Also, is the one-shot in this fight supposed to be interruptable (because it's not).

Miapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
Kinvore

Loremaster

Nope the one-shot isn't interruptable, nor is it supposed to be.  Gotta be on top of rezzes/death prevents.

Kinvore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
Chronus1

Loremaster

Totally agree with the first line, Soren also please.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
Emoss
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Fallen Angels

Loremaster

Any other guilds have an issue with the zone crashing.  On Everfrost my guild has pulled the mob twice and twice the zone crashed in the middle of the fight.  We log back in no more mob. 

Emoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
Yimway

Loremaster

This fight is still bugged.

The encounter is reseting and no one outside of raid is agroing anything.  It took 7 pulls Saturday night to get her dead before a random reset occured.

And while the one shot is annoying on the fight (since you don't know who it is going to hit) I found the damage shield that never goes away to be much more annoying

If a dev would actually like to look into the issue, you can check logs on Unrest for Saturday night between 10 and 11pm central time.  You'll see the pulls and the random reseting of the mob.

I *think* it was related to a player pet at range aoeing out of encounter.  I can't say for sure, but droping the conjy pet was what we changed when the final pull worked.  Might have just been luck.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
Yimway

Loremaster

Update:

Killed it again lastnight, this time with no resets.  I've seen nothing in the patch notes, so I don't know if there was a ninja fix.

However, we also made a point of not allowing any ranged pets as well, which was the workaround we used previously to prevent the resets.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #7
Boethius_Permafrost

Loremaster

The fix was posted in the patch notes.

I think nobody wants to kill him now because the fight just takes too long, and drops 1 single item.

Granted, it's a nice item, if your class gets dialed up by the RNG.

Boethius_Permafrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #8
Yimway

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

The fix was posted in the patch notes.

I think nobody wants to kill him now because the fight just takes too long, and drops 1 single item.

Granted, it's a nice item, if your class gets dialed up by the RNG.

No, my first post was after the fix went in.

It was randomly reseting for no reason after the change to prevent outside help on the centipedes.

And the item is ok, if you're not a fighter.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:51 AM   #9
Ptraci
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Dracos Reborn

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Any other guilds have an issue with the zone crashing.  On Everfrost my guild has pulled the mob twice and twice the zone crashed in the middle of the fight.  We log back in no more mob. 

Yes. Once when we pulled it, zone crashed, & the mob was gone when the zone came back.

Same thing when I was watching another guild pull it. If SOE wants to look into it, times were 5/21 @ ~8:15pm Eastern, & again on 6/2 ~11:15pm Eastern, on Butcherblock.

Ptraci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #10
Oxie

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Yes. Once when we pulled it, zone crashed, & the mob was gone when the zone came back.

Same thing when I was watching another guild pull it. If SOE wants to look into it, times were 5/21 @ ~8:15pm Eastern, & again on 6/2 ~11:15pm Eastern, on Butcherblock.

We also had this problem on Unrest last week. Another guild pulled it and wiped. We then went in and started to kill it, and then the zone crashed. We all come back in and the mob was gone.

I believe this was on 6/7 around 9:15 EST when the zone crashed.

Oxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #11
Anastasie

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

We had the same issue last night - pulled it multiple times and each time during the fight the entire zone crashed.  After about 5 pulls and zones crashes the mob despawned.  They really need to fix this. 

btw - this was on Crushbone between 8-9pm est.

Anastasie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #12
Lempo

Loremaster

This happened to us on Everfrost about a month ago.

3 guilds were lurking in the area, of course this isn't the freeport server and there is a sense of respect so the guilds not involved in pull were back in tunnel far enough not to cause agro issues to reset the encounter. When they wiped and started rezzing we ran in for our turn when they were all back in tunnel we pulled, got the mob to 80% and when it burrowed the zone crashed on the adds.

72+ people in the zone

procs going off like mad on all those linked adds, wards, reactives -> server -> puke. lol sad  but it wasn't surprising.

Mob was gone.

GM's can't/won't/not supposed to respawn mobs that's all good it could lead to abuse/preferential treatment.

The state of contested mobs being up or not needs to be taken into account for a server/zone crash and respawned when it comes back up. Yeah this could *potentially* allow a double kill on a contested mob, and possibly abuse if a reliable methd was known to crash a zone.

The mob drops 1 breast plate, hardly worth the time or effort.

I'm not sure about the stoneskin, it is easy enough to get around there is probably a way to remove it, not worth the effort.

I'm not sure what they are thinking sometimes, the reward here is not in line, the walk through the tunnel itself is hardly worth it.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote