EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Quests and Live Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
Yimway

Loremaster

This is just some general feedback, but I thought I'd post.

I did the final fight for the Beastlord Epic last night (not the mythical), and my feedback is can we please get solo encounters of this difficulty around more solo quests in this game?  Like each quest hub's final quest challenging players with an encounter at this level of play?  I think it would do wonders if the content actually drove players to focus on mechanics, gear, adornments, etc, etc, etc in order to 'win'.

It would do sooo much in getting people to do more than facerole their toons for advancement.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:35 AM   #2
Miapa

Loremaster

I agree. I loved the final fight of the beastlord epic.  It required a lot of strategy and was extremely difficult.

However, encounters like this cannot be generally made.  Something difficult for a Paladin, for example, would be impossible for many other classes.  Encounters would have to be tuned specifically for each class.

Miapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant

[email protected] wrote:

This is just some general feedback, but I thought I'd post.

I did the final fight for the Beastlord Epic last night (not the mythical), and my feedback is can we please get solo encounters of this difficulty around more solo quests in this game?  Like each quest hub's final quest challenging players with an encounter at this level of play?  I think it would do wonders if the content actually drove players to focus on mechanics, gear, adornments, etc, etc, etc in order to 'win'.

It would do sooo much in getting people to do more than facerole their toons for advancement.

Only problem I see with the gear focus is people saying "Oh you HAVE to have X in order to beat the quest" and people complaining gear X is too hard to get or only people in a guild can ... etc.   One of the banes of quests based on what you are wearing and not on skill.

ADD:  I just wanted to add here, that my character hit level 90 in 3-4 months.  Not from PLing but because how SoE set up this "Golden Path" leveling line.  It is INSANE.  Forget seeing half the game .. holy cow you're level 90 already!  I can't imagine how it is for really new people now (even though I have a few low level alts I am level locking liek crazy).

I'm not sure how other classes work but I never facerolled my Guardian ... I mainly yawned alot because it took him forever to kill something let alone the downtime.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
Yimway

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I agree. I loved the final fight of the beastlord epic.  It required a lot of strategy and was extremely difficult.

However, encounters like this cannot be generally made.  Something difficult for a Paladin, for example, would be impossible for many other classes.  Encounters would have to be tuned specifically for each class.

I agree they wont all be the same difficulty for all classes, but an optional "end-hub" quest involving an encounter like this would atleast peridocaly add some challenge in to the questing game.  Worst case, sense they wouldn't be forced to a solo instance like this one, they'd just group up to finish it.

But that solo encounter is harder than any overland heroic / named I can think of running into, and perhaps overland nameds should be that difficult.

It is my opinion that players will get better if challenged, its the lack of challenge that is creating so many 'bad' players reaching level 90.