EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #2521
Ojawu
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Knights of the Periodic Table

Loremaster

Ruut Li wrote:

its easy to be philosophical about it when you're in the US.

I'm in the US and not at all philosophical about it.  Have very serious concerns about how this is going to affect european players in general (not to mention the game in general) and frankly not interested in playing this game at all if we are segregated.  

If some US players choose to stick their heads in the sand over this, well they will figure it all out when the end results do in fact affect them. 

Ojawu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #2522
Ruut Li

Loremaster

Guy De Alsace wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Guy De Alsace wrote:

I think the scots would be a bit annoyed if we got a St George's day on Splitpaw...and the muslims for that matter

What on Earth are you talking about? There aren't Jews and Muslims rioting in the streets across the world on the 25th of December. Atleast point out a valid concern.

Like whether or not they have taken into consideration all the military servicemen(and women) across the world, U.S. or other wise, that play the game with their friends and family.

I said "annoyed". Since when did "annoyed" mean "rioting in the streets?"

I'd hate to live where you are...

Haha good one SMILEY

Ruut Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #2523
Ruut Li

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Ruut Li wrote:

I'm in the US and not at all philosophical about it.  Have very serious concerns about how this is going to affect european players in general (not to mention the game in general) and frankly not interested in playing this game at all if we are segregated.  

If some US players choose to stick their heads in the sand over this, well they will figure it all out when the end results do in fact affect them. 

I was aiming for piestro.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #2524
Lempo

Loremaster

Torvos wrote:

Done. This should work, haven't had to upload a screenshot in a while. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image...14/emaildl.jpg/

Do make sure you move that email to a folder where it will not be deleted.

Things you need to run through yourself and think carefully. Do you or have you signed up for *any* video game beta using that name, regardless of company making the game. Did you sign up for an account on AlaPlaya forums to make a post asking questions there?

What server are you on?

Is your billing on CC from SOE london?

Have you ever had a toon on Splitpaw, Storms, Runneye, Valor and Innovation?

Maybe Harla Dar and Barren Sky as well, but I am not sure on those?

This will not be isolated to only you if SOE already gave this data out already, and if there are more then 'Lucy gonna have a lot more esplaining to do' next week.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #2525
Asif

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Piestro wrote:

History does not determine our futures. Someone expressed a concern, I (being somewhat of an insider to the process) don't believe that this concern is warranted.

And yet you guys never saw this outrage coming.

This is the part that gets me they are a big company is there noone with the smarts to see how this would play out.

What the heck did you think would happen we would just roll over and take it like every thing else you throw at us.

Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #2526
Torvos

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Torvos wrote:

Done. This should work, haven't had to upload a screenshot in a while. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image...14/emaildl.jpg/

Do make sure you move that email to a folder where it will not be deleted.

Things you need to run through yourself and think carefully. Do you or have you signed up for *any* video game beta using that name, regardless of company making the game. Did you sign up for an account on AlaPlaya forums to make a post asking questions there? I doublechecked before I posted to make sure I've never signed upused an Alaplaya game, and I haven't signed up for their forums.

What server are you on? Unrest. I started Release on Mistmoore, until we were merged a year or two ago.

Is your billing on CC from SOE london? Nope, I've always been in the North American side of things.

Have you ever had a toon on Splitpaw, Storms, Runneye, Valor and Innovation? Nope.

Maybe Harla Dar and Barren Sky as well, but I am not sure on those? Other then trying out the Freeport server when it launched, I think I've always stayed onto my main server,

This will not be isolated to only you if SOE already gave this data out already, and if there are more then 'Luch gonna have a lot more esplaining to do next week.

Answers in bold. Also, I only use the forum name Torvos here, and possibly LoN. Checking my profile, all other forum names are under Sharlow.

Torvos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #2527
Michayla
Server: Najena
Guild: Valhallas Guard

Loremaster

Piestro wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I don't like you transferring my details so can you confirm that if I delete my payment details now that no information about me will be transferred to Alaplaya?

From the FAQ (bolding mine):

Will account information be shared with ProSiebenSat.1 Games?

No personal information will be shared.  We will offer a simple way for any current SOE European player to create a new account with ProSiebenSat.1 Games and to have their existing characters and game progress transferred and the value of any Station Cash in their SOE account granted to the new ProSiebenSat.1 Games account. After the process is complete, European players can login to their ProSiebenSat.1 Games accounts and continue to play with their existing characters, rewards, and content.

No, of course the information won't be shared. But SoE/ProSiebenSat.1 will make it impossible for Euros to play the game unless they register an account with ProSiebenSat.1. The whole reason why people don't want to do that is because of their lackluster, less-than-desirable security.

C'mon Piestro...you know exactly what the issue is here. This thread didn't get to almost 170 pages by accident. Worry for personal security is a big issue for a lot of people, as well as the division of the community.

Don't use the generic and vague FAQ to hide behind. We're not children, and we're far from stupid.

Michayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #2528
sexieladie

Loremaster

Piestro wrote:

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

There is no way in hell this is "just a publishing deal". If it was, it would NOT be this complicated or messed up, it really, really wouldn't. The players would barely have needed to know, let alone have their game experience affected so badly.

Since we're talking about Alaplaya, I have absolutely no doubt that they'll turn EUEQ2 into a pay-to-win game. That's their modus operandi. Only way that S4 makes profit is by suckering newbies into paying before they figure out how broken the game is. There is one born every minute, as the saying goes.

Different product, comparing what has been done with any other Alaplaya product has very little to do with EQ2.

No, but this does show track record.  And you want us to trust that you are doing what is best for the player base...this does not instill us with confidence.

sexieladie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #2529
Moxicar

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Torvos wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Torvos wrote:

sojurn1 wrote:

Torvos wrote:

I seem to have just gotten an alaplaya e-mail, dispite both never singing up for any of their services, playing their games, or ever giving them any reason to contact me.  The e-mail was in my spam folder ( through Hotmail ), and my EQ2 forum username ( Torvos ) was in the header. Is this SoE's doing?

*edited for more information*

would be interesting to see it considering no one's info was to be given

Would posting a screenshot of the e-mail here violate any major rules?

nope not at all, you should obscure your email/real name though

just shoving it in the post so people can see it

So if the guy havent signed up with them, and they are using his EQ2 forum handle, Information HAS been shared between SoE and ProSiebenSat.1 already, that would raise the question of how much info has been shared (this legal?)

Moxicar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #2530
lesbear

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Ruut Li wrote:

Well my husband and I live in the Us play on Oasis (US server) but we have cancled our accounts due on the principle of it, and we don't we to see the WHOLE community broken up. We also look at it as if they will sell off the EU servers and players so easy what would stop them from doing the same to us as well in the US. Plus we have made friends and grouped with people around the world & don't wan to see them wronged.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #2531
Torvos

Loremaster

Scratch that, I'm less then smart.  Searching back through older e-mails, That e-mail was used for one of their mailing lists from forever ago. I guess it's always been send to my junk folder. Sorry everyone. =+(

Torvos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #2532
Moxicar

Loremaster

Torvos wrote:

Scratch that, I'm less then smart.  Searching back through older e-mails, That e-mail was used for one of their mailing lists from forever ago. I guess it's always been send to my junk folder. Sorry everyone. =+(

Dont be im very happy that it wasent true lol

Moxicar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #2533
Ruut Li

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Piestro wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I don't like you transferring my details so can you confirm that if I delete my payment details now that no information about me will be transferred to Alaplaya?

No personal information will be shared.  We will offer a simple way for any current SOE European player to create a new account with ProSiebenSat.1 Games and to have their existing characters and game progress transferred and the value of any Station Cash in their SOE account granted to the new ProSiebenSat.1 Games account. After the process is complete, European players can login to their ProSiebenSat.1 Games accounts and continue to play with their existing characters, rewards, and content.

No, of course the information won't be shared. But SoE/ProSiebenSat.1 will make it impossible for Euros to play the game unless they register an account with ProSiebenSat.1. The whole reason why people don't want to do that is because of their lackluster, less-than-desirable security.

C'mon Piestro...you know exactly what the issue is here. This thread didn't get to almost 170 pages by accident. Worry for personal security is a big issue for a lot of people, as well as the division of the community.

Don't use the generic and vague FAQ to hide behind. We're not children, and we're far from stupid.

QFE

Old 02-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #2534
Trevynoae

Loremaster

Torvos wrote:

that is why i use spamgourmet.com for such stuff.

you sign up with a username that is associated to one of your emails and can create temporary emails "on the fly" like ... i want company a to only send me 5 emails - not more (although you can change that later on).

Maybe worth to check this out for next time SMILEY

Trevynoae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #2535
Lempo

Loremaster

Asif wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Piestro wrote:

History does not determine our futures. Someone expressed a concern, I (being somewhat of an insider to the process) don't believe that this concern is warranted.

And yet you guys never saw this outrage coming.

This is the part that gets me they are a big company is there noone with the smarts to see how this would play out.

What the heck did you think would happen we would just roll over and take it like every thing else you throw at us.

Well this deal was more than likely well underway before the F2P conversion went live here. It was announced by a premature tweet (I am guessing here I do not think it was ready for primetime) from @j_smedley,

Very excited to be partnering with Prosieben in Europe!

who was just thrilled to death to be annoucing it, then Isulith was sent out to go into damage control mode Here and we were asked for feedback on no more information that what Smedley posted here.

They thought that this would get the same level of reaction that everything else does, the regular people that rant about things that the other group of people always come and defend SOE for doing and there would be mixed reaction and little fallout as a whole. They were sorely mistaken here, there was absolutely no suport for this because at first there was bnothing to support and the only rel question that was asked over and over in the thread was completely ignored and we were told

Isulith wrote:

Please use the following thread to discuss the official ProSiebenSat.1 is the Exclusive Partner of Sony Online Entertainment in Europe announcement, which was posted here: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=513482.

Please remember to keep all posts CONSTRUCTIVE. Thank you!!

Shortly after a firestorm began and then...

Isulith wrote:

Hey everyone! We appreciate all of your candor on this new partnership with ProSiebenSat.1. We understand your concerns and love that you have a lot of feedback to give us. We would like to remind you however to stay constructive and try to avoid speculation. When we have further details, we will certainly post it. We truly want to make this transition as smooth as possible. We appreciate everyone's patience while we compile your questions and prepare for this exciting new road ahead!

This was just an attempt to get the regular crowd that they thought they could depend on to assuage the naysayers, but it was to no avail they could drum up no support in their corner, so like most things they decided to just let it fester as if it would eventually just go away, because after all the deal was already written up and was in the process of being finalized. This time the player base was not playing the role of the sheep that they assumed they would over and over it was asked and ignored until this thread was created and the FAQ was released.

And here we are.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #2536
Deago

Loremaster

Moxicar wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Torvos wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Torvos wrote:

sojurn1 wrote:

Torvos wrote:

I seem to have just gotten an alaplaya e-mail, dispite both never singing up for any of their services, playing their games, or ever giving them any reason to contact me.  The e-mail was in my spam folder ( through Hotmail ), and my EQ2 forum username ( Torvos ) was in the header. Is this SoE's doing?

*edited for more information*

would be interesting to see it considering no one's info was to be given

Would posting a screenshot of the e-mail here violate any major rules?

nope not at all, you should obscure your email/real name though

just shoving it in the post so people can see it

So if the guy havent signed up with them, and they are using his EQ2 forum handle, Information HAS been shared between SoE and ProSiebenSat.1 already, that would raise the question of how much info has been shared (this legal?)

Humblebundle.  This wins.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #2537
Seffrid

Loremaster

Piestro wrote:

There is a big difference between "never have beastlords" and "will not change this into a pay to win game". Beastlords or not is an aesthetic choice, pay to win is a fundamental shift in game and corporate philosophy. And no, I do not believe anything on the marketplace currently remotely approaches pay to win.

You mean like the difference between "never have beastlords" and "will not have RMT in this game"?

How ironic that you mention the marketplace when discussing a fundamental shift in game and corporate philosophy!

Seffrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #2538
Seffrid

Loremaster

Piestro wrote:

SOE will continue to develop the product (as is stated in the FAQ) and there is no plan to change direction in that manner. It would be bad for the game, bad for the players, and therefore a bad idea.

Selling off a chunk of your playerbase to PSS1 will also be bad for the game, bad for the players, and therefore a bad idea, yet SOE do plan to change direction in that manner, so how can anyone  believe any such assurances over other future changes? 

Old 02-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #2539
Neave

Loremaster

Piestro wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

No personal information will be shared We will offer a simple way for any current SOE European player to create a new account with ProSiebenSat.1 Games and to have their existing characters and game progress transferred and the value of any Station Cash in their SOE account granted to the new ProSiebenSat.1 Games account. After the process is complete, European players can login to their ProSiebenSat.1 Games accounts and continue to play with their existing characters, rewards, and content.

I would call that coercion.

It's as much as a deal-breaker for me as region locking.

Neave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #2540
Piestro

Community Relations

Quick replying since I am on my phone. SMILEY Most people I know use the same handle multiple places and the same email account for multiple services. As torvos has pointed out this email was from a previous list. I would encourage everyone right now to be careful with unsolicited email as phishers are sneaky and will use any circumstance to try and gain access to your information. Thanks, -piestro

EverQuest Community Relations Manager

Piestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #2541
Carthalis
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: The Fallen Legion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Piestro wrote:

History does not determine our futures. Someone expressed a concern, I (being somewhat of an insider to the process) don't believe that this concern is warranted. SOE will continue to develop the product (as is stated in the FAQ) and there is no plan to change direction in that manner. It would be bad for the game, bad for the players, and therefore a bad idea.

Surprising that you are able to state that SOE have no plans to develop EQ2 in a way that is bad for the game, bad for the players etc and yet the whole reason for this lengthy thread is because of plans that we know are bad for the game, bad for the players and certainly bad ideas.

Couldn't agree more. The whole deal is just bad on every level and I will certainly having nothing to with alaplayer/ProSiebenSat.1. A company I've never even heard of till this deal was announced and I consider myself to be quite knowledgeable when it comes to gaming companies after playing online games for the last 15 years.

The whole idea of segregating players and having region locking just goes against the whole ideas of keeping the community together, especially after bringing the f2p into everything so that new players could pick their server instead of just being funneled into the Freeport server.

I don't hold much hope for whatever will be announced on Monday and it will all be a little to late. The damage is done.

Carthalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #2542
Seffrid

Loremaster

Piestro, could you please kindly confirm that your reports to Smed and the others summarising the views expressed here have made it clear that the issue of regional locking is only a part of the problem with this move, and that the other critical issue for very many players is that they have indicated that they will not, under any circumstances, create an account with, or have anything whatsoever to do with, ProSiebenSat.1?

I ask this because I would hate for Smed to announce a "solution" that only relates to relaxation of the original intention in relation to regional locking while still requiring the European players to switch to PSS1 and for him then to proclaim that he hadn't realised we had such strong views against that company?

In short, does he realise just what all the concerns are, rather than just thinking it's about segregating the community?

Old 02-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #2543
Guyver24

Loremaster

Beatles old song comes to mind:

YesterdayAll my troubles seem so far awayNow it looks as though they're here to stayOh I believe in yesterday

Suddenly

I'm not half the man I used to beThere's a shadow hanging over meOh yesterday came suddenly

Why she had to goI don't know she wouldn't sayI said something wrongNow I long for yesterday

YesterdayLove was such an easy game to playNow I need a place to hide awayOh I believe in yesterday

Why she had to goI don't know she wouldn't sayI said something wrongNow I long for yesterday

YesterdayLove was such an easy game to playNow I need a place to hide awayOh I believe in yesterday

Guyver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #2544
Eirele

Loremaster

Seffrid wrote:

Piestro, could you please kindly confirm that your reports to Smed and the others summarising the views expressed here have made it clear that the issue of regional locking is only a part of the problem with this move, and that the other critical issue for very many players is that they have indicated that they will not, under any circumstances, create an account with, or have anything whatsoever to do with, ProSiebenSat.1?

I ask this because I would hate for Smed to announce a "solution" that only relates to relaxation of the original intention in relation to regional locking while still requiring the European players to switch to PSS1 and for him then to proclaim that he hadn't realised we had such strong views against that company?

In short, does he realise just what all the concerns are, rather than just thinking it's about segregating the community?

I couldn't agree more, region locking is just one part of the problem and not actually the MAIN reason most people I know have cancelled.

For most of my friends the starting point for reconsidering our position (and I mean non negotiable starting point with all three conditions met)

1: No region locking of current or future players.

2: Do not make us sign up our accounts to Alaplya, we want to keep our SOE account.

3: Let us still access all servers (US and EU) from this 1 account without restrictions.

Other aspects of the deal still need to be discussed, but these three points are deal breakers. If these are not met it will not matter what else you say from here on in.

Eirele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #2545
Guyver24

Loremaster

Eirele wrote:

I couldn't agree more, region locking is just one part of the problem and not actually the MAIN reason most people I know have cancelled.

For most of my friends the starting point for reconsidering our position (and I mean non negotiable starting point with all three conditions met)

1: No region locking of current or future players.

2: Do not make us sign up our accounts to Alaplya, we want to keep our SOE account.

3: Let us still access all servers (US and EU) from this 1 account without restrictions.

Other aspects of the deal still need to be discussed, but these three points are deal breakers. If these are not met it will not matter what else you say from here on in.

Yup - let ProSieben (could found a better one, but probably to late now) distibute/sell and market SOE games in Europe, will hopefully get more players in EQ2. But anything else, they cannot touch without destroying the community/game. As history shows, they have done with other games (less complicated games btw).

Guyver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #2546
Hamalhs

Defender

1°Part

Hello guys, I am playing eq2 since 2005, and eq2 it’s just what I have played. I love this game and I want to be constructive.

You SOE, are guilty of listening to "business reasons" and not the player base. Have you taken advantage of our loyalty and the fact that we will have played Eq2 anyway, giving the game to some kind of "immature people", and just for a few dollars more. The "immature people" are idiots who want everything, they want it quickly and effortlessly ... creatures rude, arrogant and annoying that do nothing but criticize, playing 1/2 month and then move to other games, leaving only rubble behind them.

What I am talking about?

1) You made Eq2 too easy, especially compared to EQ1. (one time we had to group ALSO to leave the Island of Refuge, now many epics can be soloed.)

2) You made the game too easy and less "real", making him look like a single player one.(one time to see by night we must necessarily use a flashlight; to read a letter, the mailbox.)

3) You RUINED crafting eliminating the "degree of purity" (from shape to pristine) and eliminating the creation of the initial products. (once to create a spell expert we had to craft first pen, parchment and ink)

4) With GU56 you have deleted the Isle of Refuge / Queen 's Colony / Outpost Overlord and its quests(a piece of Norrath that I loved and I can only see on YouTube now! ->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itSaPVjlAbY)

(continue)

Officer --Custodi della Luce--
Hamalhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #2547
isest

Loremaster

Neave wrote:

Piestro wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

No personal information will be shared We will offer a simple way for any current SOE European player to create a new account with ProSiebenSat.1 Games and to have their existing characters and game progress transferred and the value of any Station Cash in their SOE account granted to the new ProSiebenSat.1 Games account. After the process is complete, European players can login to their ProSiebenSat.1 Games accounts and continue to play with their existing characters, rewards, and content.

I would call that coercion.

It's as much as a deal-breaker for me as region locking.

OK first it says no personal info will be shared, the it says were offering a simple way for folks to open an account and transfer the data.  Well would you not be sharing the data at that point.  Sounds like a catch 22 situation.  I don't know how you can not share data when you are transferring it to a different company. 

isest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #2548
dawy

Loremaster

I think Lempo's post sums this situation up nicely,clearly SOE were going to rely on the people who where usually stand up for anything the company does sadly though this time its failed utterly

dawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #2549
Hamalhs

Defender

2°Part

5) You removed the Cityzienship quests and class / subclass selection quests.

6) You put less and less quests for each expansion, and did almost disappear random quest items.

7) You added the Marketplace:  once to get a nice armor you had to earn faction with city / faction mercants… now ... just pay.

SMILEY You added the master spell researcher (ruining the market equilibrium)

And I could go on.

As if all this were not enough, you showed the whole world how you care about your customers; you let someone stole our account informations forcing everyone to an enforced break of almost 2 weeks and now ...now you want to:

put us in ghettos?

sell us to some amateur society with bad reputation that threaten us (if you do not log enough we’ll delete your account)?

divide the community and friends?

no,NO, and NO. Stop NOW.

3 guilds, at least 30 people (for you soe 30 accounts), expect your moves, but be aware that we are ready to GAME OVER, to boycott all your products (EQNext included) and ready to go to other mmorpg. Personally I LOVE EQ2 and it will break my heart, but I choose my friends!

Sorry for grammar, english is not my native language.

Officer --Custodi della Luce--
Hamalhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #2550
dawy

Loremaster

Seffrid wrote:

This a thousand times this..the region locking is important but for me and it seems many other NOT the most important issue here of equal or more concern is the need to have an Alalplaya account,for me they're not fit for purpose

dawy is offline   Reply With Quote