EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
Miapa

Loremaster

Age of Discovery has been out just over two months now.  With it came memory leaks and crashing.  No word yet from the developers exist as to when this will be fixed.  Not only that, but EQ2 lost the head programmer.  Is SoE abandoning ship?  Do they even know about these issues?

Also, are we going to get the new pathing system anytime soon?  It's been on Test since November (I think).

Miapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
Zoltaroth

Lead Programmer

We are working on the memory issues, though they are not memory leaks.  There was actually a change that went live on Tuesday that should help with the memory footprint increase we saw with AoD.  There are some other fixes as well still in the pipeline.

Pathing should be coming to live fairly soon.  It was enabled on test for certain zones but not all zones had the new pathing built for them yet.  There were also some issues we found on test that we want to fix before it goes live.  They are being worked on and should be done in the near future.

Zoltaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
Raknid

Loremaster

Thank you very much for the communication. Keep us updated if you can.

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #4
Miapa

Loremaster

Zoltaroth wrote:

We are working on the memory issues, though they are not memory leaks.  There was actually a change that went live on Tuesday that should help with the memory footprint increase we saw with AoD.  There are some other fixes as well still in the pipeline.

Pathing should be coming to live fairly soon.  It was enabled on test for certain zones but not all zones had the new pathing built for them yet.  There were also some issues we found on test that we want to fix before it goes live.  They are being worked on and should be done in the near future.

Thanks so much for the update!  We / I  really appreciate it SMILEY

EDIT: Spelling =/

Miapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #5
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant

Glad to read some stuff is getting looked at.  Had to buy more RAM to counter alot of the leaks and crashes lately.

Just wish they still fix those bugged items I have from the revamp /wink.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:16 AM   #6
Deago

Loremaster

This is off topic but one memory leak as a software developer that has not been addressed by Microsoft in ages (and they are aware) is the IE control for applications.  You other devs should know what im talking about SMILEY

On eq2 I have not noticed a 'leak' rather just a mess of things (not a negative comment towards any devs I understand its complex and things take time.)

Old 02-09-2012, 04:22 AM   #7
SOE-MOD-04

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50011...post_id=5714185 Removed as duplicate
SOE-MOD-04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:39 AM   #8
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

Zoltaroth wrote:

Whats the status of the "memory" crashes  and other bugs AoD brought in that have been ignored or have they been tabled for more dungeon finder/maker  fun?

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:57 AM   #9
Mizlek

Loremaster

Round Shields have been broken since August of 2011. Are those being worked on also?

-Miz

Old 03-01-2012, 03:04 AM   #10
Cloudrat

Tester

Thanks for the update

Old 03-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #11
ceester

Loremaster

Hopefully we'll be seeing the answers to some of these other questions brought up in this thread as well as where we're headed and what they're working on when Windstalker does her March update. I would like to know the status of the itemization and current direction they're going with that as well as the upcoming changes to crit mit we've heard about.

Skeetskeet- 41 SK

Safek- 28 Warlock

Erollian- 29 Dirge

AB Server
ceester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #12
OlavSkullcrusher

Loremaster

Mizlek wrote:

Round Shields have been broken since August of 2011. Are those being worked on also?

-Miz

I'm with Mizlek on this one. But it wasn't just the Round shields that were broken with the stats and item revamp of GU61, that is just a big glaring example that Mizlek has brought to various people at SOE directly multiple times. Many items were clearly messed up, and many were also clearly missed. I've /bug reported anything I've come across. I don't recall the item names now, but I came across a couple items in Halls of Fate that were clearly priest items (+wis/sta, etc.) but had a proc to increase threat. Maybe that was put in there for the tiny fraction of priest that tank for their duos or something, but I rather doubt it. Relic armor from the Kingdom of Sky expansion didn't get the message that stats changed and items improved, and there are many collections where you get two options, but only one of them got the new stats.

I don't know how the items were redone, and I am certain it was a large undertaking, but there has been almost a complete silence on whether anyone is going to go back through and fix the mistakes we have been reporting.

OlavSkullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:06 AM   #13
Necrotherian
Server: Najena
Guild: Forgotten Abyss

Loremaster

OlavSkullcrusher wrote:

Mizlek wrote:

-Miz

I'm with Mizlek on this one. But it wasn't just the Round shields that were broken with the stats and item revamp of GU61, that is just a big glaring example that Mizlek has brought to various people at SOE directly multiple times. Many items were clearly messed up, and many were also clearly missed. I've /bug reported anything I've come across. I don't recall the item names now, but I came across a couple items in Halls of Fate that were clearly priest items (+wis/sta, etc.) but had a proc to increase threat. Maybe that was put in there for the tiny fraction of priest that tank for their duos or something, but I rather doubt it. Relic armor from the Kingdom of Sky expansion didn't get the message that stats changed and items improved, and there are many collections where you get two options, but only one of them got the new stats.

I don't know how the items were redone, and I am certain it was a large undertaking, but there has been almost a complete silence on whether anyone is going to go back through and fix the mistakes we have been reporting.

I suspect, though this is just a guess - with no external data to back up that guess, that the reason the relic armor wasn't included in the revamp is that they didn't think that anyone would want to stay at those levels long enough to go through the trouble of acquiring it.  There is a lot of non-KoS content at that level range, and many people just hit the dungeons and overland stuff.  Although they may hit the raid content just to have content that doesn't require adherance to a script.

Necrotherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:12 AM   #14
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

OlavSkullcrusher wrote:

Mizlek wrote:

-Miz

I suspect, though this is just a guess - with no external data to back up that guess, that the reason the relic armor wasn't included in the revamp is that they didn't think that anyone would want to stay at those levels long enough to go through the trouble of acquiring it.  There is a lot of non-KoS content at that level range, and many people just hit the dungeons and overland stuff.  Although they may hit the raid content just to have content that doesn't require adherance to a script.

Nah, it wasn't any kind of conscious choice on their part, the script just missed it. Some of the relic pieces have been upgraded, while others have not.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #15
DamselInDistress

Champion

Zoltaroth wrote:

I've got a daft question,but didn't anyone realise there were serious issues before releasing AOD, aka wouldn't it be much more professional to test stuff BEFORE you release it as opposed to AFTER ?

DamselInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #16
bks6721

Loremaster

Zoltaroth wrote:

when I open taskmanager and look at the memory used when i first open the launcher and see one number, then a few hours later that number is MUCH larger.. seems like a mem leak to me.  Whatever it is.. the game comes to a slow crawl if I leave it run more than 6 hours and I've been playing on the same machine for the last 4 years.

If I leave the game on char select overnight I can't even load into a char the next morn.  CTR-ALT-DEL, restart, fine for a few more hours.

bks6721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #17
Blissa2362

Loremaster

I am all for fixes, I just hope it isnt too little too late. People havee been screaming about bug fixes for years now! Notice how there isnt as many complaints? That is because those people are long gone!

Greg

Blissa2362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #18
Blissa2362

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Zoltaroth wrote:

when I open taskmanager and look at the memory used when i first open the launcher and see one number, then a few hours later that number is MUCH larger.. seems like a mem leak to me.  Whatever it is.. the game comes to a slow crawl if I leave it run more than 6 hours and I've been playing on the same machine for the last 4 years.

If I leave the game on char select overnight I can't even load into a char the next morn.  CTR-ALT-DEL, restart, fine for a few more hours.

I can tell you for a fact that the games memory foot print is larger now then it was 4 years ago. If your playing on a 4 year old machine, you could do yourself a lot of justice by adding more ram. And right now ram is dirt cheap.

Greg

Blissa2362 is offline   Reply With Quote