EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 09:25 AM   #31
Miss_Jackie

Loremaster

Does any of this really surprise any of you? EQ2X is their cash cow now. We're just the red headed step children. =/

Miss_Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #32
Sanction
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Advocatus Diaboli

Loremaster

I personally would love to have this item, only not because of the appearance but because EVERYONE would have it.  I really do enjoy running around and seeing that every player I pass looks the exact same as me, it makes me feel all warm and tingly inside

Old 09-29-2010, 12:02 PM   #33
Torvos

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

SmokeJumper wrote:

Okay. I admit it. I laughed at the Yoko Ono comment.

Wait until you see the 7-year Vet reward. It's very cool, IMO.

Quick, someone find me one year of account age, stat!

Will be interesting to see what the 7 year reward ends up being.

To whoever mentioned the furniture that X gets: the items in the pack are all obtainable normally in game... Starter Furniture Pack. Though I did never figure out why some people on there get it and others don't. Everyone here can get the journeyman's cloak (for their Live account) if they create a char on X though.

I'm really wanting that one-per-char /claimable though. It's silly that only certain acounts have them, seeming randomly.

Torvos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:12 PM   #34
Yimway

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I personally would love to have this item, only not because of the appearance but because EVERYONE would have it.  I really do enjoy running around and seeing that every player I pass looks the exact same as me, it makes me feel all warm and tingly inside

Heh, I detect sarcasm.

Thats my opinion as well.  Items that look like this should be dropping from eng-game bosses.  So that the number of people running around with them is small, and they are visually distinguishable for having accomplished something playing the game, vs paying for shinies.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:53 PM   #35
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

My thoughts . . . 

1. Congrats on finishing the beta for eq2x
  2. Nice staff, neat appearance. Glad those who were in beta there will have something to remember it by
  3. As I am not overly excited about it at this time due to the current implementation, I have no desire to celebrate and relive the memories of how this all started by memorializing it with an item in game so thanks for not throwing it in our faces, good call.
  4. 7 yr vet reward wont mean anything to me for another 2 years
  5. I have too much appearance junk as it is, we need better item management in game
  6. Agree that top end pieces (both end raid bosses and end quest lines) should have some unique appearances. Those who have achieved things should receive trophies for those achievements which are visibly obvious. 

Valdaglerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:54 PM   #36
Andok

Loremaster

SmokeJumper wrote:

To be honest, we thought we might face a flamewar if we introduced that description onto EQII Live.

Please do not let the habitual complainers on this forum influence your decisions.  They're going to complain no matter what you do, and they do not represent all of us.

Andok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:04 PM   #37
Steel4501

Loremaster

Yes well everyone gets an item on the free servers but only a handful of people can get their 7 year reward as of yet.....

Steel4501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:03 PM   #38
Vellisse
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

Oh right, because it doesn't take a minute to copy and rearrange a new description on an item.

I've got nothing more to say to Sony.

Steel4501 wrote:

Yes well everyone gets an item on the free servers but only a handful of people can get their 7 year reward as of yet.....

QFTAnd what about everyone else Smokejumper?

The extreme vets, mind you there's maybe a handful at most get something awesome, and we get nothing?

Old 09-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #39
Vellisse
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

Delete, doubled.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #40
Beef_Supre

General

Karimonster wrote:

Seriously, guys?

I hate the EQ2x servers, but we don't need to celebrate their finishing BETA.

Yeah, its fair that they have something to celebrate and are celebrating.

Listening to some of this, its like y'all are demanding a gift of your own for your cousin's birthday.

I was gonna say +1, but I don't actually hate the EQ2x servers in the least.

But .. really? They get a single appearance item as a special treat (that everyone and their dog will be showing, which would ruin it for me, personally) and we're upset about it?

I agree mentioning the 7 year vet thing is a dumb response, since it has zero to do with this, but c'mon.. let's not get bent out of shape over a single appearance item. (and I realize that wasn't the OP's intent, he just wants one )

http://big-beef-mcquaid.mybrute.com
Beef_Supre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:48 PM   #41
Eveningsong

Tester

Personally, I don't see any reason why everyone in game should get a staff, anymore than everyone in game should have received one of the cloaks that were given out to accounts that helped to test the Battlegrounds.  I think it probably should have been more clearly handled as a "thank you" for helping beta test rather than a celebration of beta ending, though.  And it might have attracted more beta testers if it had been announced ahead of time like the BG cloak was SMILEY.

I do think that it would be great if the graphic could be used for an appearance or quest item that could be made available on Live.  It really is a nice looking item.

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #42
Ironcleaver

Loremaster

"Staff of the Rising Pheonix"

Are they trying to say that their cash-cow that is EQ2 was dying and a new market was born in EQ2X?

(joking of course, but couldnt resist the comparisons between EQ2, EQ2X, how some of the players feel, and Marketing)

Ironcleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #43
TaleraRis

Loremaster

I'm not surprised to see attractive freebies in EQ2X. We all knew that's the angle they're pushing now. And when they push too far, I'll just answer with my wallet and close my accounts.

Najena

Morgasand Ka'Bael
54 Roswellian Mind Scrambler
87 Shield Polisher
Najena
TaleraRis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #44
Crismorn

Loremaster

I hope the cloak is legendary so only 5% of eq2x's population can equipt it.

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:16 PM   #45
Liral

Loremaster

Calthine wrote:

There have always been exclusive items.  Try and get your hands on a Greatstaff of the Sun Serpent, which was a premium for participating in a launchpad survey.

Or the Portrait of Venril Sathir, which was a promotional item for buying the first issue of Beckett Massively MMO magazine. 

Would I like one?  Yeah.  Is it breaking my game?  no.

I got the portrait!!  WOO HOO!!

Liral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:19 PM   #46
Liral

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

SmokeJumper wrote:

To whoever mentioned the furniture that X gets: the items in the pack are all obtainable normally in game... Starter Furniture Pack. Though I did never figure out why some people on there get it and others don't. Everyone here can get the journeyman's cloak (for their Live account) if they create a char on X though.

Was wondering why I all fo a sudden am able to get that cloak. Very happy I am too. I absolutely LOVE the Journeyman cloalk especially as an altaholic!!

Liral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:37 AM   #47
NightGod473

Loremaster

Calthine wrote:

There have always been exclusive items.  Try and get your hands on a Greatstaff of the Sun Serpent, which was a premium for participating in a launchpad survey.

Or the Portrait of Venril Sathir, which was a promotional item for buying the first issue of Beckett Massively MMO magazine. 

Would I like one?  Yeah.  Is it breaking my game?  no.

You could also get the Greatstaff of the Sun Serpent by participating in certain EoF launch events, which made them truly rare before they added in the survey. I only saw one other person with one before that happened (well, two, but one of those was one I gave away). They happened to coincide with a visit I made to some family that lived about a mile from one of the gaming centers that was running the event. I've still got a half-dozen or so of the cards with the claim code on them around here somewhere.

Old 10-02-2010, 09:33 AM   #48
JoarAddam

Loremaster

Geothe wrote:

Welcome to the new direction of EQ2!

Live servers in "maintain" mode only. (translated: passively forced migration)Anything and everything good will only get tossed to EQ2X to force the paying of the $35 copy fee.

Here's someone who's never even LOOKED at the developer tracker...

You're Your

They're There Their
JoarAddam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:42 AM   #49
JoarAddam

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

this is one of the reasons I was opposed to EQ2X, they throw all the bonuses that way and screw their existing subscriber base. The only "bonus" regular subscribers have gotten is for signing up 3 months-1 year in advance...what about the recurring plan I've been on since the game came out?

what about all those xp potions that are now worth $10?  I think EQ2 has given me what would be over 20000 SC worth of stuff over the last 6 years as vet rewards... Per character...   and as long as i keep making characters, I keep getting them.

Boo hoo, people who can only wear treasured got a free firey stick!  

You're Your

They're There Their
JoarAddam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #50
Enica
Guild: Casual Alliance

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

SmokeJumper wrote:

I created a character on X and didn't get that cloak.  I'm broke.  SMILEY

Enica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:15 AM   #51
Cyliena
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

SmokeJumper wrote:

I created a character on X and didn't get that cloak.  I'm broke.  

Should be in your /claim window under the "Promotions" tab on both X and Live now. It's called Universal Trial: Green Journeyman's Cloak & Potion Pack in the claim window.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:22 AM   #52
Arondur

Loremaster

SmokeJumper wrote:

We didn't think it would go over very well on Live, considering that the description details of the item say the following:

"Staff of the Rising Phoenix: This ornamental weapon is a gift created to celebrate the launch of EverQuest II: Extended."

To be honest, we thought we might face a flamewar if we introduced that description onto EQII Live.

FYI...it's appearance-only...no stats.

But to talk about fairness...wait until you see the Seven Year Award in GU 58. They don't get that on EQ2X.

((In the myth of the Phoenix, It has a 500 to 1000 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of twigs that then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again. ))

So, EQ2 live's ashes are being used to make the EQX?  To me (at least) this says the mind set of SOE and Dev's is EQ2 live is done.

Game over, Man.

Arondur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #53
Enica

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

SmokeJumper wrote:

Should be in your /claim window under the "Promotions" tab on both X and Live now. It's called Universal Trial: Green Journeyman's Cloak & Potion Pack in the claim window.

I was just on Live and didn't see it.  I was looking under the first tab though, the one that's supposed to show everything that's claimable.  Is it only listed under the Promotions tab?  Guess I can go check again.

Old 10-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #54
Kordran

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

For the record though, I would rather you incorporate this into the live game as a drop from a high end raidmob, rather than as a free gift for all.  Raid gear has simply aweful appearances this expansion.

What, you don't like running around looking like the Birdman From Outer Space™? It meshes well with the whole "space lobster" thing they've had going for the last two expansions, you know.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:17 PM   #55
Enica

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

SmokeJumper wrote:

I guess it's because I was having trouble running X.  I created my character while the game was still in beta, but I would crash as soon as I logged in.  I only recently got the crashing stopped and at that time, they announced beta was over.  So maybe that's why I didn't get it, the game is registering my character as being created later than it was.

Old 10-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #56
NViDiaFReaK

Loremaster

keep this thread alive till we on the live servers get this staff too!!!

Old 10-02-2010, 10:53 PM   #57
Tigress

Loremaster

PlaneCrazy wrote:

It was an award for the end of their Beta.

Funny, every "reward" I have gotten from SOE in the past has always involved $$$ in some way shape or form.  Now they just give stuff out to anyone who creates a free account...

that's not true.  they gave away a frostpaw kitten and also a shoulder arm band over the past few months.

i'd like the staff here, too, but to say that they never gave us anything for free is not correct.

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:58 PM   #58
Tigress

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

SmokeJumper wrote:

i need 6 more yrs before i am 7-yr vet so a 7-yr vet reward means nothing to me at this point.

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:35 AM   #59
Alazarz
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

My only concern about this is, items of equal art quality should be dropping off the harder mobs in the game.  Seems if you want really nice looking items you have to pay for them, if you want useful items you have to play for them.

I'd rather visualy recognize someone in game by their accomplishments playing the game rather than their wallets

I'm sure we'll see a similar staff in SC offerings in the near future.

i know right. the apperance on end game gear should be really fantastic. just like the staff above. alot of detail went into that staff. We should be rewarded visually aswell as statistically when we get a end game piece.

Alazarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:49 AM   #60
Aurel

Book Goddess

Sorry about being late to the conversation...

I didn't see anyone mention this...  It doesn't have the fiery effect, and it's level 69 and mage-only... but aITEM -150754698 -714262456:Staff of the Elemental Mistress/a drops from the boss (Mistress Zhvari, Nizari'zhi) in Nizara...  if there are any 69+ mages that want the appearance...

*hides from debate*