EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-20-2010, 03:19 AM   #211
Gargamel

Loremaster

Guy De Alsace wrote:

Wouldnt it be great if we actually had an update that didnt get people outraged? One where a change is made that actually has 90% of the forum goers jumping for joy instead of venting rage. I cant remember the last time that happened.

Selective reading... I don't recall any GU being such an FU in a long time.

GU13 (and I was a current subscriber at the time) is the closest.  IF the FU had any content, it might blunt the fact that it was 4 months spent on EQX, a project specifically developed to kill the live servers, which includes offensive changes to the live servers being shoved down the people who invested about $1000 since launch in order to court people to play for free and $2.99 for something that took a month to earn in game, blah blah blah.

Lets just cut to the chase.... lets sell lvl 90 characters for 49.95... equip them with 'ez mode' T9 raid gear for an extra 20, and t3 hard more gear for 99.95 package.  I mean then can all be earned in game... whats the big deal?  It sure will earn alot of $med bucks for sharkjumper.

EQ2 Map -- The most essential eq2 plugin
EQ2LLInks -- Which mobs drop what from where
Advanced Combat Tracker -- The best combat parser and tracker

(NOTE: All of the above are approved and sactioned for use by SoE and do not violate the Terms of Service in any way, so use 'em!) .
Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:32 AM   #212
Andok

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Funny, that's not my message.  I like the marketplace stuff---the appearance armour and the house items and the pets.  But I guess I'm in the minority here.

I just don't like people speaking for me, I guess.

While you may be in the minority on this forum, I don't think you are in the minority in game.  I see a TON of people with SC items - you can't swing a dead cat without hitting an SC mount or SC appearance armor on my server.  It just seems like you are in the minority here because this is the place people come to post their outrage.  People who enjoy the game are just playing the game.

Andok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:38 AM   #213
Wurm

Loremaster

Andok wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Funny, that's not my message.  I like the marketplace stuff---the appearance armour and the house items and the pets.  But I guess I'm in the minority here.

While you may be in the minority on this forum, I don't think you are in the minority in game.  I see a TON of people with SC items - you can't swing a dead cat without hitting an SC mount or SC appearance armor on my server.  It just seems like you are in the minority here because this is the place people come to post their outrage.  People who enjoy the game are just playing the game.

Seen the cat mount twice and the new cloud mount once on Crushbone. I'm sure there are more but not many. And appearance armor no one has a problem with (other than the price being high, take the new robe for example). 

Old 08-20-2010, 03:52 AM   #214
Tuatha
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Cheese Pirate

Loremaster

Glenolas wrote:

You pledged to have seperate servers for those who want to buy their progress for cash.   Make it so.

This.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:55 AM   #215
Andok

Loremaster

Wurm wrote:

Andok wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Seen the cat mount twice and the new cloud mount once on Crushbone. I'm sure there are more but not many. And appearance armor no one has a problem with (other than the price being high, take the new robe for example). 

The number on Prowlers on AB is crazy... I see them almost as much as the cat mount that came with the last expansion.

Andok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:06 AM   #216
Vandaria

Loremaster

Did EQ2 go Six Sigma on us?

Vandaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:18 AM   #217
Bre

General

Gaige sums up my thoughts on the subject perfectly.

I used to like how having that hard to obtain item/mount/whatever, was a sign that you had overcome the challenges the game put in the way of getting it, rather than the position we are moving more and more rapidly towards of having overcome said challenges by whipping out the credit card and buying some Station Cash.  It's the intrusion of real life wealth into the game I resent. 

Gaige wrote:

SmokeJumper wrote:

I'm a bit mystified why allowing people to have an additional acquisition path for these mounts would upset you. Can you help me out by explaining how this impacts your gameplay in any way?

I'm not her, but I'll give my viewpoint, take it or leave it:

Some of us have been playing this game since beta.  We have certain expectations.  One of those is that players need to earn their way.  I personally don't like players using their wallets to progress in this game.  It brings real life into my hobby in a way that it never did before.

These mounts were previously only available via plat and status.  Things you have to acquire in-game through progressing your toon.  You've now totally done away with that and said "Hey you, Mr. Rich Guy, want this mount but don't have enough status and plat, refuse to play the game as intended, no problem dude we take VISA!"

Sure its only a mount but EQ2's short history shows that when you guys get an inch you take about 13,000 miles.  Nothing makes me believe this will be the first thing this happens to.  Eventually what is to stop you from saying "Hey you, Mr. Rich Guy, want this BP but don't have the ability to kill Rhoen Theer - no problem dude we take VISA!"

You have SC mounts already.  Why take in-game mounts and add them there too, totally circumventing the need to actually play the game?  What is wrong with people acquiring status and plat if they want a nightmare?  If they want to give you money sell them one of the exclusive SC mounts you already offer.

You said, and I guess its my fault for believing you, that EQ2x was separate so things like this wouldn't happen.  I know you think our opinions are silly, but they matter to us.  I haven't paid SOE thousands or real life dollars on subs and expansions because I don't care about the game, quite the opposite.

My only response to you is that if you can't understand why we're passionate about these things maybe you aren't very well suited to leading this team.  I have 100% confidence in your ability to build and grow EQ2x given your experience with RMT but I really doubt your ability to stay true to the history of the real EQ2 and the decisions and explanations you've made since coming here really don't ease my mind at all, and I so badly wish they did.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:04 AM   #218
Shareana

Lead Volunteer Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=44532...post_id=5395687 Insults are not needed to express your feelings please. Be constructive without them. Thank you!

Shareana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:43 AM   #219
noobsfun

Lord

letus know.If this is intended consider another sub cancelled.

noobsfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:56 AM   #220
noobsfun

Lord

so you are now saying you ARE going to have +stat items for cash on eq live servers...just in a slightly different form?

noobsfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:14 AM   #221
Kasar

Loremaster

Kaja wrote:

Once you log in a buy your raid gear, buy your best mount, buy your rares, buy your plat, what are you going to do?

They'll do exactly what people who "bought" mythical weapon updates did, get bored at the trivialized content and stop logging in regularly.  Some never returned.

Kasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:13 AM   #222
Xolita1

Loremaster

Andok wrote:

Since Smokejumper has been monitoring this thread, let me add -

What I want to see most on the Marketplace are convenience items that save me time.  For example, harvesting rares is no challenge whatsoever.  It just takes hours and hours of clicking nodes around green-con solo mobs that have no chance of killing me at all.  I would pay good money for rares so I can avoid hours of boring farming and just go to the fun parts of the game.  

WHAAAA! NO! NO! NO...

For many people it is a way to make plat in this game, things like that will totally ruin the INgame economy...

Don't sell items on SC that are NOT FLUFF on the LIVE servers. period!!

Xolita1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:33 AM   #223
Torvos

Loremaster

SmokeJumper wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Torvos wrote:

SmokeJumper wrote:

I'm a bit mystified why allowing people to have an additional acquisition path for these mounts would upset you. Can you help me out by explaining how this impacts your gameplay in any way?

We were always told that the guild requirement for status items had to stay to reward guilds for working hard to increase thier levels.  Those mounts used to symbol that you earned them through helping a guild level up, which wasn't something that you could do over night. Now I can pop out my creditcard and just pay for them.  It's a major impact to my gameplay knowng that I spent weeks grinding writs to buy those mounts, when  now you can just pop out a creditcard and buy them. 

I understand you truely don't care, and that this is the business model you plan to run. Please don't pretend that it doesn't matter, or that it doesn't effect us though.

Let me address the "you truly don't care" comment first. That's false. I wouldn't have asked the question if I didn't care. I asked because I sincerely wanted to discuss things.

I get what you're saying about the fact that you earned it and don't want others to buy it. I'll go talk to the team about it. Maybe we'll do something like make the Standard Mounts in the marketplace slightly different so that they're not the same item.

No guarantees, but I do hear what you're saying here. Thanks.

Thanks. While truthfully, I rarely ever get a feeling of true interest in our game from you, this effort does mean a lot. I don't like that any mounts can be bought on the Marketplace, but at least by making them different you can still tell which were earned and which were bought.

Torvos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:16 AM   #224
MrWolfie

Loremaster

SmokeJumper wrote:

To go a step further, we'll be removing the current Standard Mounts from the marketplace in the morning.

When we add Standard Mounts back in, they will be different than the ones you had previously earned.

Then they'd better be different in the sense "NOT AS GOOD" and "LOOKING UNIQUE". Otherwise, you're missing the point.I earned this mount thru in game achievement.You bought that mount which is, for all intents and purposes, indistinguishable from my mount.That's disrespecting my achievement.Now, if you want to sell things that can be earned in game then, conversely, everything that can be bought using SC should also be available to be earned in game. How would that affect your revenue stream?I absolutely hate that you think you can twist the current playerbase's sentiments to suit whatever you want to do.- We do not want RMT on our servers, we already pay a subscription - don't worry it's just fluff and won't impact your gameplay (well none of that fluff is available for me to achieve in game - already my gameplay has been affected)- We do not want you taking items that can be earned in game and SELLING them.- We do not want F2P on our subscription servers, so you took the WHOLE game and put it up for sale.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:39 AM   #225
Barx
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Mayhem

Loremaster

SmokeJumper wrote:

To go a step further, we'll be removing the current Standard Mounts from the marketplace in the morning.

When we add Standard Mounts back in, they will be different than the ones you had previously earned.

Thank you. I don't mind a few SC mounts that look similar to (but are not carbon copies of) some existing vendor mounts provided they're commonly accessable vendor mounts. They should not have better stats than the version you're basing them off of and should not have a significant amount of non-runspeed stats. Mounts for speed and a few casting stats already exist in LoN and I've accepted them (a few casting stats are trivial, really), but those for SC should not be better than the versions you can get in game, at least for EQ2Live.

Barx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:54 AM   #226
Eternal-Goddess

Loremaster

I Totally agree with what Aemm has said -

I was DISGUSTED to see those mounts that were previously available to buy with plat went to SC ONLY. If you start down this path SOE where does it end?! Next we will be paying station cash just to zone from one zone to the next....

And [Removed for Content] is this stupid extended free version of EQ? What was wrong with the free trial? Nothing. The 14day trial is what got me into this game 5 years ago. Its just another way for SOE to make money, but they are gonna sap players away from Live and leave the servers even less populated (mainly the EU ones).

STOP MAKING ALL NEW COOL STUFF LIKE MOUNTS ONLY FROM STATION CASH. WE ALREADY PAY YOU £9.49 A MONTH SO THAT YOU CAN MAKE OUR GAMING EXPERIENCE BETTER - WE DO NOT EXPECT TO HAVE TO PAY EXTRA FOR ITEMS!

Its like all SOE are doing all day long is trying to think of new ways to screw over thier loyal customers....

Eternal-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:01 AM   #227
Shareana

Lead Volunteer Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=44532...post_id=5395798 Please do not quote posts that are against the forum guidelines.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #228
Zorastiz
Guild: Dressed To Kill

Loremaster

No promises were broken here.

Heh

Zorastiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:04 AM   #229
Murryha
Guild: Safe Haven

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

SmokeJumper wrote:

Thank you. I don't mind a few SC mounts that look similar to (but are not carbon copies of) some existing vendor mounts provided they're commonly accessable vendor mounts. They should not have better stats than the version you're basing them off of and should not have a significant amount of non-runspeed stats. Mounts for speed and a few casting stats already exist in LoN and I've accepted them (a few casting stats are trivial, really), but those for SC should not be better than the versions you can get in game, at least for EQ2Live.

Remember that you said you "don't mind a few SC mounts"  on your server,  This will be the only part of your statement that anyone from SOE will pay attention to; and toss back in our faces by stating "but the player based asked for it".

I will repeat what I said earlier, but will actually make a more difinitive statement about it.

The mounts offered through SC will not be the same as the ones you had to help level a Guild up for by playing the game together with a group of your friends and Guildmates to "earn".  They won't be the same ones you did writ after writ, or HQ after HQ, or dungeon after dungeon to "earn" the plat and status you needed to even consider buying one of these mounts.

They will look better (most SC cash already looks better than what can be "earned" in game).  I will even go out on a limb to say they will also have better stats than what you can "earn" in game (prove me wrong here Smokejumper, prove me wrong!)

I don't play RMT games. When the server I am on becomes an RMT server (and Smokejumper, you are walking an extremely fine line here now, regardless of how you wish to interpret what is clearly being said to you), then I, sadly, have to rethink where to spend my hobby time and money.

Murryha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:12 AM   #230
Antigua
Server: Splitpaw

Lord

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

SmokeJumper wrote:

I disagree 100%.  There should be NOTHING with stats buyable for real life cash on the regular servers.  Nothing.  If I wanted to play a game of "buy yourself uber", I'd have played on the exchange servers.

Antigua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #231
Pervis

Loremaster

Andok wrote:

The number on Prowlers on AB is crazy... I see them almost as much as the cat mount that came with the last expansion.

yes, but AB is a server that is notorious for both not knowing and not caring about the health of the game.

It is a server full of people that see something they like, and go "oh! Shiny!", and run off to get it without another thought.

The players on AB are not in any way shape or form representative of the total population base of this game, in any respect. There may be a lot of people on that server, but that is because that server attracts that type of person, not because that type of person is everywhere.

I have not seen ANY clouds or prowler mounts in game at all yet, and that is a fact that I am quite happy about.

Pervis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:25 AM   #232
Pervis

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Do you like the stuff, or do you like being able to buy it with money?

These are separate things. There is no reason this game can not have all the appearance gear that is on the marketplace, but without the marketplace.

We were told that the money from SC would go towards developing this game with even more content and new art, that they would hire new developers specifically from the money it bought in. So far, we are down one Timetraveling, and have yet to be told of any new developers.

The credits from each expansion are quite telling in terms of the development team size.

Pervis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:47 AM   #233
Driften

You know what, I feel that SOE is in violation of there own gaming contract with Station Cash. If Soe is going to be moving toward selling weapons, armor, mounts, etc for real world money, how is this any better then buying in game gold from a foreign website??? The only difference is instead of the money going to pay for some kids food in a foreign country its going to line some corperate sleez bags pocket. My $25 for a mount could pay for alot of rice somewhere. So in my opinion all of SOE's accounts should be banned and so the ones that they sold station cash to! Because if it was SOE that caught someone doing it for "real money" your account would be terminated.

So remember kids! Station Cash = New Asian Farmer! Tell SOE rang rang! This is our spawn!

Driften is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:00 AM   #234
Azol

Loremaster

The only thing I can add is: SC has no place on non-Exchange non-EQ2X servers period. How many pages the Station Cash feedack thread contained? Over a hundred? With over 90% negative opinions, ranging from "no" to "I'll quit". So has anything changed? No. Sorry, no bashing heads here, but this "I've never said that we wouldn't sell items, either with stats or not" is not a satisfactoty answer in any case. SOE can change lead developers/producers every single day so every one of them would be able to use the same formula.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #235
Polywogus

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

SmokeJumper wrote:

Then they'd better be different in the sense "NOT AS GOOD" and "LOOKING UNIQUE". Otherwise, you're missing the point.I earned this mount thru in game achievement.You bought that mount which is, for all intents and purposes, indistinguishable from my mount.That's disrespecting my achievement.Now, if you want to sell things that can be earned in game then, conversely, everything that can be bought using SC should also be available to be earned in game. How would that affect your revenue stream?I absolutely hate that you think you can twist the current playerbase's sentiments to suit whatever you want to do.- We do not want RMT on our servers, we already pay a subscription - don't worry it's just fluff and won't impact your gameplay (well none of that fluff is available for me to achieve in game - already my gameplay has been affected)- We do not want you taking items that can be earned in game and SELLING them.- We do not want F2P on our subscription servers, so you took the WHOLE game and put it up for sale.

Well Said, between this & Gaige's replys to $medherder, you both summed it up SMILEY

Polywogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #236
BabyAngel

Loremaster

I went to horse merchant and checked SC tonight before I logged, only had a few minutes, the mounts were missing from station cash, not sure if in the horse merchants for plat and status I didn't have time to check just arranged by price and scrolled to bottom for SC, can anyone else check there servers? Have they reversed the decision?

BabyAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #237
Shareana

Lead Volunteer Moderator

BabyAngel wrote:

I went to horse merchant and checked SC tonight before I logged, only had a few minutes, the mounts were missing from station cash, not sure if in the horse merchants for plat and status I didn't have time to check just arranged by price and scrolled to bottom for SC, can anyone else check there servers? Have they reversed the decision?

They will be changing it a bit per Smokejumper...

mounts are going to be replaced back into the vendors (stable masters). That will occur in Tuesday's hotfix.

They'll still be available as Standard Mounts in the marketplace also, but will be available at their regular plat/status prices in the vendors as well.

NOTE: Since there are actually two instances of those mounts, when you're looking at the stable master, you'll see one entry for plat/status, and one entry for SC. Choose whichever one you desire.

...and then again here.... a while later.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #238
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

Finally got caught up.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:40 AM   #239
Maroger

Loremaster

Andok wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I agree with you -- the fervid, overheated shouters against SC mounts and other items are a minority in the game. The SC mounts sells well(see Ulteran Prowlers - Very popular). I think the large majority of the player base likes these items and buys them.  Regardless of how the screaming minority on these forums may feel.

I worked and got 2 rime horses but I would never lose sleep if they showed up on SC. I really wouldn't care. But the mounts put on were for many levels ago and I don't see many people with them anymore.

The bottom line for me it doesn't affect my game play, I am not offended and I think SJ is doing the right thing by putting attractive looking mounts which no one buys these days on SC. I like what he is doing with SC.

Maroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:55 AM   #240
Seolta

Loremaster

Gargamel wrote:

Guy De Alsace wrote:

Wouldnt it be great if we actually had an update that didnt get people outraged? One where a change is made that actually has 90% of the forum goers jumping for joy instead of venting rage. I cant remember the last time that happened.

Selective reading... I don't recall any GU being such an FU in a long time.

GU13 (and I was a current subscriber at the time) is the closest.  IF the FU had any content, it might blunt the fact that it was 4 months spent on EQX, a project specifically developed to kill the live servers, which includes offensive changes to the live servers being shoved down the people who invested about $1000 since launch in order to court people to play for free and $2.99 for something that took a month to earn in game, blah blah blah.

Lets just cut to the chase.... lets sell lvl 90 characters for 49.95... equip them with 'ez mode' T9 raid gear for an extra 20, and t3 hard more gear for 99.95 package.  I mean then can all be earned in game... whats the big deal?  It sure will earn alot of $med bucks for sharkjumper.

"Sharkjumper" - You sir, win the prize for best comedy dev nickname EVAR!