EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2010, 12:28 PM   #61
Kaitheel

Dev
Kaitheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 796
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Question : could the "Gigglegibber scavanging hunt" quest count towards the britslebane achievement for the Festive Spirit achievement?

No, it doesn't count.  But that is only because the quest is not completable.  You get the reward sent to you even though you do not complete the quest.  Rather odd, yes, but that is how it has been since it was first put in, back in 2006.  If you were to actually complete the quest, then it would count towards the achievement.

~Kaitheel

__________________
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #62
KerowynnKaotic

Tormentor of Fae
KerowynnKaotic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Arizona
Posts: 1,862
Default

Kaitheel wrote:

As promised, the "row of Bristlebane Day candles" (originally named "Rivervale candle row") is going to receive an art change with GU56, which will make the lights of the candles a different color.

The first image is the original "row of Bristlebane Day candles"

The second image is the new flame adorned version which will go live with GU56.

~Kaitheel

...

Since this can't be added in graphic-wise till after the next LU ... would it be too much to ask the Art team to see about adding color to the stand, too?   Could do a whole line of them to be added in the books as 1 per every BB day.   Such as pink polka dots, blue wavy lines, a solid bright blue / green / pink / orange, or even a plaid version with all the colors.   Oh and 1 that has those " ? " from the crafting event floating out of it, too 

__________________


KerowynnKaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:29 PM   #63
Valdaglerion

Loremaster
Valdaglerion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,870
Default

Something I thought I would share for those that have not noticed the recent change to harvestables . . . 

With Brewday I noticed the tagging on the harvested items was different than the typical Common tagging of live events. The new Brewday ones looked more like standard harvested materials "This can be used for level X- Y" so I tried to shove them into a Personal Harvest depot and lo and behold, they went in beautifully.

Through questions and investigation I found that Kaitheel handles the special event harvestables (Frostfell, NoTD, Brewday, Erollisi etc) and firstly stated my elation over this change and asked if his intention was to change all the others so we could start stockpiling them in a single location and get rid of mule toons used to store this stuff throughout the year. . . 

The answer . . .  ./drum roll please

"Yes". His intention (barring any unforeseen nay saying from the code peeps) is to change all the special harvestables to be depot placeable , hopefully with GU56.

/cross your fingers

And thanks Kaitheel, this completely rocks IMO!

Valdaglerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #64
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk
Rank: Matriarches

Tester
Whilhelmina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: France (Storms)
Posts: 3,161
Default

Oh my... I was going to rant at Kaitheel answer to my question and I see your post...

I'll do a bunch of raticals and take the depot placable items instead SMILEY

Love the candles btw SMILEY

__________________
French Tradeskill Guide and my houses.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #65
CorpseGoddess

Loremaster
CorpseGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,774
Default

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Something I thought I would share for those that have not noticed the recent change to harvestables . . . 

With Brewday I noticed the tagging on the harvested items was different than the typical Common tagging of live events. The new Brewday ones looked more like standard harvested materials "This can be used for level X- Y" so I tried to shove them into a Personal Harvest depot and lo and behold, they went in beautifully.

Through questions and investigation I found that Kaitheel handles the special event harvestables (Frostfell, NoTD, Brewday, Erollisi etc) and firstly stated my elation over this change and asked if his intention was to change all the others so we could start stockpiling them in a single location and get rid of mule toons used to store this stuff throughout the year. . . 

The answer . . .  ./drum roll please

"Yes". His intention (barring any unforeseen nay saying from the code peeps) is to change all the special harvestables to be depot placeable , hopefully with GU56.

/cross your fingers

And thanks Kaitheel, this completely rocks IMO!

HUZZAH!  Thank you, thank you!

...can we get the personal harvest depot bumped up to 150 or 200 max, now? 

__________________
CorpseGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #66
Kaitheel

Dev
Kaitheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 796
Default

Just a bit of a warning, I will be deactivating the 4/1 only Bristlebane Day content tomorrow, March 26.  I'll leave the rest of Bristlebane Day active.

~Kaitheel

__________________
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:13 PM   #67
Catria

Loremaster
Catria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 802
Default

Have to ask my usual live event question... will this be one that is turned on at 12:01 a.m. or is it one that will not get turned on until after a patch? 

Catria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:47 PM   #68
Rhak
Server: Guk
Guild: Order of the Fox
Rank: Officer

General
Rhak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 422
Default

So here's a totally random question:

Since it seems that every single holiday's special crafting items are going to drop on those special bushes come 4/1, would it be too much to ask to make every single crafting book be purchasable as well during the one day? I missed last year's Halloween event for example, and I'd love to be able to update my crafting books with the current books so I can make what I missed (I still have the fuels from years' prior in my bank).

Pretty please? SMILEY

__________________
Stormcaller Zalora Swifttail, Paragon of Truth

The Edge of Forever Bar and Grill - 2 Lucie Street, South Qeynos, Guk Server

Rhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #69
Kaitheel

Dev
Kaitheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 796
Default

Unfortunately, Rhakos, it is too late to make any changes to the event at this time.  But even if it were not, I am not sure I would make previous event recipe books available on 4/1.  Getting event specific items (be it recipes or quests) is the perks of logging in during the event.  Though, I admit that I have blurred the lines some with the craft components being available for one day, and one day isn't much.  This is something that I will have to watch live feedback on and keep in mind for next year, if we do anything similar.

~Kaitheel

__________________
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:50 PM   #70
Valdaglerion

Loremaster
Valdaglerion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,870
Default

Kaitheel wrote:

Unfortunately, Rhakos, it is too late to make any changes to the event at this time.  But even if it were not, I am not sure I would make previous event recipe books available on 4/1.  Getting event specific items (be it recipes or quests) is the perks of logging in during the event.  Though, I admit that I have blurred the lines some with the craft components being available for one day, and one day isn't much.  This is something that I will have to watch live feedback on and keep in mind for next year, if we do anything similar.

~Kaitheel

I think having the harvestables random out for any event ONLY plays well into Bristlebane since it gives you those [Removed for Content] moments because you arent expecting it. Any other time it wouldnt be appropriate and I further agree that recipe books need to stay with their associated events.

Just my 2cp.

Valdaglerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #71
Torvos

Loremaster
Torvos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 43
Default

Kaitheel wrote:

Unfortunately, Rhakos, it is too late to make any changes to the event at this time.  But even if it were not, I am not sure I would make previous event recipe books available on 4/1.  Getting event specific items (be it recipes or quests) is the perks of logging in during the event.  Though, I admit that I have blurred the lines some with the craft components being available for one day, and one day isn't much.  This is something that I will have to watch live feedback on and keep in mind for next year, if we do anything similar.

~Kaitheel

 The problem isn't logging in on that day, it's finding out everything special thats going on in the short amount of playtime some of us have.

Running event things for two hours only to find out the next day that I'd missed a few things that could only happen the day before is a massive letdown. Not because I couldn't do them, but because I didn't know they existed.

__________________


Torvos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:49 PM   #72
Rhak
Server: Guk
Guild: Order of the Fox
Rank: Officer

General
Rhak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 422
Default

Torvos wrote:

Running event things for two hours only to find out the next day that I'd missed a few things that could only happen the day before is a massive letdown. Not because I couldn't do them, but because I didn't know they existed.

I know that feeling well. I last came back to the world of EQ2 about 2 days after they had their 5 year anniversary (where you could buy all those great looking paintings for your house). I was rather disappointed that there's absolutely no way to get them now (short of the winning picture).

__________________
Stormcaller Zalora Swifttail, Paragon of Truth

The Edge of Forever Bar and Grill - 2 Lucie Street, South Qeynos, Guk Server

Rhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:12 AM   #73
Catria

Loremaster
Catria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 802
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Torvos wrote:

Running event things for two hours only to find out the next day that I'd missed a few things that could only happen the day before is a massive letdown. Not because I couldn't do them, but because I didn't know they existed.

I know that feeling well. I last came back to the world of EQ2 about 2 days after they had their 5 year anniversary (where you could buy all those great looking paintings for your house). I was rather disappointed that there's absolutely no way to get them now (short of the winning picture).

You *can* enter the Mr. and Ms. Norrath contest they are running currently.  Top 10 winners in both categories will get a complete set of those paintings.

Catria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:57 PM   #74
Purr

Tester
Purr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 483
Default

It would sure be in the spirit of Bristlebane to have those nifty lil superior bushies pop up every once in a while in completely random zones on random days. But it probably takes to much to implement that...

Purr~

__________________
Purr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:20 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.