EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-05-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
Mystfit

Loremaster

When I saw they were bringing back the Erolisi charm, it got me to thinking about what other house items I'd like to see make a come back. (I wasn't playing with the Erolosi ccharm was in game, so it's a thrill for me!)

Froglock meditation pool..ooohhhh yaahhhh...

Terreporter from Splitpaw live event (if for no other reason them to see how people decorate around it!)

Creepy Creatures Catalog. (I have been hawt to do the quest since it was utlized a few years ago, but never got lucky enough to find a guide passing it out). It's a cool book on a stand item.

Nightbloom berries. A recent live even that i only did once, but neeeeeeed another to bury under my druid porter in my gh.

What about you, anything set your drool meter off?

Old 02-05-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
Vuurvink
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Ddraig Tylwyth

Loremaster

I only been on EQII for about 9 months now, so there is A LOT I missed out on (can't wait to celebrate my first Erollisi this month, and then Brewday soon after I hope!!). I was like a child with a new set of playdough when Helloween and Frostfell hit !! SMILEY I really really hope that that cute deck of cards will come back in game, I think it's a brewfest item? Also wish there was a way to get ahold of those music boxes, apart from buying them on the broker for crazy amounts of pp, ditto for the snowglobes.

Items that I really really am bummed out about missing are the miniature griphon tower and the miniature Spires.

Ritualist Nosha The'Pocketmystic :: creator of fine jewelry

Junny Cinna'Muffin :: elbow-deep in dough, baking muffins

Syanne Arya'Bella The Bookbinder

Goudvink Van'Druivenstein :: always ready to kick some behinds

.. and a bunch of other shmoos

Vuurvink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:58 PM   #3
Runic

Scholar

This will be my first holiday with EQ2 SMILEY

I'm already heavily addicted to house decoration (after lucking out and winning a 5 bedroom in LoN), but I HATE that I missed so many options. 

You guys can name all types of ancient items, but I'm going with Frostfell dividers/cabinets!

Runic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #4
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster

I think my favorite item is my griffon tower statue:

aITEM -1312342087 -1298963375:a model griffon tower/a

I only have one because I didn't have alts then high enough to help with the live event, it is from long ago when we helped build the griffon towers in Nek Forest & Thundering Steppes. As much as I'd love to get the few live event things I've missed out on, I don't know, I love that so few people have that item and it is super rare and special.

Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #5
Sapphirius

Loremaster

ALL the deity quest rewards (specifically the Book of Hate), the Creepy Creatures Catalogue (GM quest reward from the first Halloween), and could we please see the return of the Norrathian Holiday Candles? The big red, white, and blue candle displays?

I was playing on the PvP servers when the deity pre-quests went live, so my PvE mains never got any of those. I started my MBA studies during the first Halloween event, and so I missed that too, and the candles? That's just because I ran out of them and refuse to pay 10p each for more. However, I would absolutely kill for the Book of Hate and the Creepy Creatures Catalogue. Being an avid book collector with more than 300 in my library (of which I still need to unpack those last 4 boxes), yeah... I really want those books.

Decorating is 1% inspiration, 9% work, and 90% tweaking. I've spent many an hour just moving things I've placed an inch or so over "that-a-way."
Sapphirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:31 PM   #6
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster

Sapphirius wrote:

the Creepy Creatures Catalogue (GM quest reward from the first Halloween),

That came back this halloween, I got one this year yay me! But I only know of one guide running it and only like 5 of us were there to get it.

Returning the diety live events each for a few weeks a year for lore's sake, for anniversary? I know they were live events but... there are not a lot of people still around who played when the first ones's happened. I was playing but live temporary events were new to the game and I missed a few of them, didn't even realize they were there. I have one still in my journal at the turn in step, for the pick of the underfoot and I refuse to delete it. I /petitioned it several times, someday I will get a GM to auto complete, my friend was able to by petitioning but they keep telling me it's impossible.

ask me for FB
Old 02-05-2009, 06:08 PM   #7
Mohyra

Loremaster

Everything you said above and I add the house items sold by merchants long time ago. I wish we could make those items as well, like the wooden shelf, the basic stool... We are able to do some but most of them are missing :/

Mohyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:45 PM   #8
Mystfit

Loremaster

Yah know, I mull over the aspect of *it's cool cause it's rare*, but wuite honestly, I just don't have the mentality for it. I want everyone to ahve everything SMILEY I have many items I'm proud of. But, I think most designers ahve more fun with the creativity of it all and that matters more to me then scarcity. Heck, we goofballs can take COMMON items and have fun SMILEY

Old 02-05-2009, 06:47 PM   #9
Mystfit

Loremaster

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:

Sapphirius wrote:

the Creepy Creatures Catalogue (GM quest reward from the first Halloween),

That came back this halloween, I got one this year yay me! But I only know of one guide running it and only like 5 of us were there to get it.

/swoon. Well, I"m on the bazaar now (wasn't at the time) so I don't qualify anyway unless the make it a quest. But, this was a biggie for me. I dunno why, was just obsessed with wanting to get the quest

Old 02-05-2009, 06:56 PM   #10
Mataea

Loremaster

Myself, and 2 others i know of got really lucky and got the quest for the creepy creatures catalog this year from a guide on LDL. cool item... i want to see more of the pink lillies in an elegant vase. one of my favorite items in game. so expensive. hoping they come back this errolissi day

Mataea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:38 AM   #11
Kamimura

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

i want to see more of the pink lillies in an elegant vase. one of my favorite items in game. so expensive. hoping they come back this errolissi day

You'll be happy then, because they're coming back. Personally, the only thing I'm really mad about missing is the tiny griff tower from the event. (Oh, and I guess the gnoll spires, too..) My necro's collection is incomplete! Still, I think it is kinda neat that there are rare house items out there. I'm not sure I'd want them to come back.. even if it means I could get my hands on them.

Kamimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:17 AM   #12
Jintakes

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] DLere wrote:

i want to see more of the pink lillies in an elegant vase. one of my favorite items in game. so expensive. hoping they come back this errolissi day

You'll be happy then, because they're coming back. Personally, the only thing I'm really mad about missing is the tiny griff tower from the event. (Oh, and I guess the gnoll spires, too..) My necro's collection is incomplete! Still, I think it is kinda neat that there are rare house items out there. I'm not sure I'd want them to come back.. even if it means I could get my hands on them.

I have to agree here.  While it would be nice to be able to get my hands on some of these rare items they do seem like signature pieces for the players that have been around a long time and/or took the effort to do the events and get the items while they were obtainable.  I would not want anything to take that away from them and their efforts and just hope that in the future I have the opportunity to get cool unique items that new future players will be envious of. 

Old 02-06-2009, 02:27 AM   #13
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

i need about ALL of the guide holiday stuff. i missed out on them and the terraporter, and the meditation pool.

been around sence the game started but im never lucky enogh to see a guide most of the time it seems. seen a guide house item event onley once, the frostfell one, and even then had to sneak into qeynos to do it.

shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:10 AM   #14
Torvos

Loremaster

The Glowing book from the guide event from when first Adventure pack would be amazing. The Goblin snow machine guide event never hit my server, so I'd really love one of those as well.

Torvos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #15
Kamimura

Loremaster

Jintakes wrote:

I have to agree here.  While it would be nice to be able to get my hands on some of these rare items they do seem like signature pieces for the players that have been around a long time and/or took the effort to do the events and get the items while they were obtainable.  I would not want anything to take that away from them and their efforts and just hope that in the future I have the opportunity to get cool unique items that new future players will be envious of. 

I think that's part of the fun of it all, for me anyway. Yeah, some newbie could come into my house and they'll probably be jealous of all the neat things I have, but hey in a few years some newbie will be in their house thinking the same thing. SMILEY

Old 02-06-2009, 07:57 AM   #16
Kamimura

Loremaster

Double post..

Old 02-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #17
Novaih
Server: Nektulos
Guild: Wanderers of Norrath

Loremaster

The only thing i really really want is more real dragons.I'm not that much into pets (no idea what they are doing in my house lol) but my dragon is so cute.Nothing bad about the plushies but i want one that i can feed and pet.(for all my other houses that is)

Old 02-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #18
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Personally, the only thing I'm really mad about missing is the tiny griff tower from the event. (Oh, and I guess the gnoll spires, too..) 

The gnoll porter was really rare I was very active when Splitpaw adv pack hit and only knew of 1 person on my server with it who was in the uberest guild at that time, thankfully in my hometown so I could mack off it. I thought it was related to the first guild to beat the splitpaw raid (which I never finished even till T6), but in setting up my new T1 guild hall the other day and looking for house porting items, my friend mentioned he has but won't put in my hall (pout), the splitpaw spire. He said it was from a GM event.

ask me for FB
Old 02-07-2009, 06:36 AM   #19
Gneaux
Server: Nagafen
Guild: The Coalition of Tradesfolke

Loremaster

I have to agree that I would LOVE to see the diety quest items come back,, but I would also love to see those little music boxes. (I believe they might have been from the first frostfell) I started EQ2 on pve and only got those on my ranger because she bought them off the broker. They don't exist at all on Venekor and I would love to put those in my tradeskill area instead of the snowglobes I currently have there.

Gneaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #20
Cusashorn

Loremaster

Outside of Guide Event furniture, I missed out on the Griffon Tower house item because the entire event was completed within 2 hours of the servers going live in the morning.

Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote