EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Quests and Live Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-01-2007, 02:03 AM   #1
Meryddian

Loremaster

So... bunch of EFP characters will talk with you but none offer a quest nor - therefore - give a reward available on the Qeynos/good side. (Now, if the quest is simply bugged and it's *supposed* to give a quest and it isn't, that's one thing and I look forward to a patch ASAP -- but left out entirely? Low-level characters can't make it into QeyHarbor w/out getting flattened. World events need to be equally rewarding to BOTH the good AND the evil characters. This isn't the first time the evil characters get the short end of the stick on quests (not necessarily world events, just certain quests). It's a penalty to people to like to play the evil classes. SMILEY Is there an evil-side quest and reward available?

Melime Darkstryder 85 SK/ Xiantia DarkFlyght 80 inq/ Sinikka Eversings 80 troub/ GUK

Meryddian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:18 AM   #2
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

nope there isent anything for freeport at the time.
shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:23 AM   #3
Cusashorn

Loremaster

But it was a Qeynos ship that was attacked, not a Freeport one. Qeynos has something to talk about because it was victimized.
Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:35 AM   #4
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

a freeport ship was attacked as well if you talk to some on the npc in east freeport.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:41 AM   #5
Garnaf

Loremaster

A Freeport group of ships was attacked (3 Ships, though the Lead ship ran) I'm so tired of the Qeynos goodie goodie little @#$%s getting things that Freeportians don't / can't.  They got a new city (Neriak was several months too late and added after the fact, therefore I don't count it).  They've always had more HQs in the zones with Qeynos parents.  Now a new book.  Their crusader gets to keep their Str on a self buff while SK Str gets thrown out the window...  WTB Atomic Weaponry to unleash at Qeynos.
Garnaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:51 AM   #6
CyraDUS

Loremaster

I live in Qeynos and actually I got two books for my house. One from the quest and a 2nd just handed to me from an NPC I spoke to.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:45 AM   #7
Torvos

Loremaster

While I was in EFP today, I did notice something odd.  I went and talked to all the new NPCs on the docks, and the second one to the very end ( sorry, I can't remember the name right now. ) started telling a story about the rumors they've heard about the freeport ship attacks,  and close to the end drops the name of a sailor that survived the attack, and says that he's been drinking in the Seafarers Roost. So I run off to the Roost, and look around. There is a sailor up top, with a name that starts with a P. Anyways, you can tell who he his, because he's with the Seafuries. So I ran through his story with him, and at the end I saw a little note telling me that I'd gained exp. No quests completed, as none were ever offered, but I'd been given exp for running through his story. Afterwards,  he wouldn't talk to me anymore. He just tells me to go away. So, I'm thinking that it -should- have been a quest? Maybe?

Torvos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:46 PM   #8
Cusashorn

Loremaster

shadowscale wrote:
a freeport ship was attacked as well if you talk to some on the npc in east freeport.
I did not know that. Ok then.
Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #9
missdoomcookie

Developer

This wasn't any big conspiracy against evil characters. It came simply from the fact that I love writing books and I handled the Qeynos side of the event, while the Freeport side of the event was implemented by another designer. I didn't realize how much everyone else loved book rewards, and that this would create such an outcry. We will see what we can do about getting evil players books as well. And as I am implementing the events to come leading up to Kunark, I will be certain that the rewards are equal on both sides. SMILEY
missdoomcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:32 PM   #10
lilmohi

Loremaster

I thouroughly enjoyed the quest thanks!SMILEY
lilmohi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:40 PM   #11
Inkar

Loremaster

missdoomcookie wrote:
This wasn't any big conspiracy against evil characters. It came simply from the fact that I love writing books and I handled the Qeynos side of the event, while the Freeport side of the event was implemented by another designer. I didn't realize how much everyone else loved book rewards, and that this would create such an outcry. We will see what we can do about getting evil players books as well. And as I am implementing the events to come leading up to Kunark, I will be certain that the rewards are equal on both sides. SMILEY
Well, the book is nice, but not really that much of a problem if we dont get exactly the same in Freeport. In my case, it just happened that Im used to always seeing the same pattern in the two cities. I was looking everywhere for a quest, since Qeynos had one, and not finding it gets on my nerves. If at least there was a quest in Freeport, even if it had a different reward or even none, i wouldnt have been searching all over the place and wouldnt have been annoyed by it.
Inkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:07 PM   #12
bensilvi

Loremaster

Plain and simple. The DEVS awlays have and always will prefer Qeynos to Freeport. Most of them play on the Q side anyways.
bensilvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:11 PM   #13
Nelin

General

I agree that SoE likes Qeynos a lot more and favors them.  As in example this topic here http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=352265 caters non evil folk. 
Nelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:47 PM   #14
liveja

General

missdoomcookie wrote:
I will be certain that the rewards are equal on both sides. SMILEY
I'm flatly astonished to learn that this wasn't explicitly done before this patch went live.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:58 PM   #15
troodon

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:
The DEVS awlays have and always will prefer Qeynos to Freeport.
This does always seem to be the case

ROL GRATUL SKORCHERS!!
troodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:58 PM   #16
Domino

Loremaster

"Equal" is in the eye of the beholder ... For what it's worth, I have a level 70 Freeport adventurer who happily calls East Freeport home.  SMILEY
Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #17
liveja

General

DominoDev wrote:
"Equal" is in the eye of the beholder ... For what it's worth, I have a level 70 Freeport adventurer who happily calls East Freeport home.  SMILEY

Um .... forgive me for being snarky, Domino, but .... I honestly don't see the relevance of that comment, to this thread.

/shrug

Old 08-01-2007, 04:17 PM   #18
Dasein

Loremaster

People are making their regular accusations that certain design decisions are made because the devs all play Qeynos characters (or monks, or guardians, or swashies, etc.), and DominoDev posted a counter-example.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:43 PM   #19
Decad

General

[email protected] wrote:
DominoDev wrote:

Um .... forgive me for being snarky, Domino, but .... I honestly don't see the relevance of that comment, to this thread.

/shrug

NM...
Old 08-01-2007, 05:15 PM   #20
liveja

General

Dasein wrote:
People are making their regular accusations that certain design decisions are made because the devs all play Qeynos characters (or monks, or guardians, or swashies, etc.), and DominoDev posted a counter-example.

That's nice, but the REAL point of this thread is: why didn't someone make sure that the rewards were equalized before the patch went in?

Thus, while it's really nice to know that devs play Freeporters -- not like we needed to hear that, since, quite frankly, only fools pay any real attention to tin-foil hat conspiracy nonsense like "all the devs play Qeynosians" -- that fact has NOTHING to do with the REAL point of the thread.

Thanx for trying to explain, but you could have saved yourself the effort.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:38 PM   #21
Tikku Lilledrum

Loremaster

You people could try and look if you can get the quest in Qeynos anyway. All the event-npc's in Freeport talked to me, could follow the whole story. Liked the different approach to both cities.
Tikku Lilledrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:03 PM   #22
Mystfit

Loremaster

*edited cause I was too late and even if not, it wouldn't matter. *

Old 08-01-2007, 06:56 PM   #23
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

freeport people cannot do the quest in qeynos. have tried it myself already. cant even hail the NPCs involved.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:45 PM   #24
Aer

General

Why does everything have to be equal?  If I remember correctly the SoD live event with the house inspector was in Freeport.  Granted it might be easier to get into beggar's court than QH, but It still was something freeport characters got that qeynos chars did not. Having inequalities makes the game more diverse and interesting.  By no means should any side be given drastically less attention, which I do not see SoE devs doing, but there should be differences.  The book was a log by one of the qeynos ship's captains, it was just a little fluff added to the qeynos event.  The lore is still there on freeport's side with talk of sarnak and a mysterious boat, you're not missing anything important.  Really, the qeynos book is only exciting because it mentions Nathaniel as  the first to be killed on the ship.  For those who don't know or forgot, Nathaniel was the boy who ran around screaming "Have you seen a REAL gnoll?" annoying everyone. But anyways, when everything is equal in the world, it really takes away from the immersion.  I'd much prefer differences on each side rather than a copied and pasted quest giving the same reward with a different name.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:56 PM   #25
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

atleast qeynos people were able to still do the houseing inspecter quest if they went to long shadow. people from freeport cant do this quest at all.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:50 PM   #26
Laeal

Loremaster

shadowscale wrote:
atleast qeynos people were able to still do the houseing inspecter quest if they went to long shadow. people from freeport cant do this quest at all.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:12 AM   #27
Shakyrah

Loremaster

Not whining about the lack of a reward for a quest. But if there is a live event building to the release of Kunark, and the evil side cant progress through it because no one bothered to develop the quest line for the evil side i would say its a bit more then an oops we forgot moment on the part of SoE's game developers. Not being a tradeskiller at the time that the spires were being built i have no one to blame for a lack of an in game reward for helping with them but myself.   However, i enjoy the rewards for these events and am a bit ticked that no one thought about a quest and reward for the Freeport toons.  Oh well.
Shakyrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:26 AM   #28
AJoS

Loremaster

All quests similar in both cities with similar rewards?  Yuck.  Devs if you're still reading this thread - not everyone wants this.  Personally I like the differences in each city.  I definitely don't want to be a position where I run around each city looking for generic quest #342342.  Yes the cities should have a similar number of quests each but there is absolutely no need to make each quest equivalent. And Flaye - I think you're missing the point of Domino's post.  Domino was answering another post, not yours.  There are other people in this thread other than yourself SMILEY
AJoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:43 AM   #29
Alienor

Loremaster

Torvos wrote:
While I was in EFP today, I did notice something odd.  I went and talked to all the new NPCs on the docks, and the second one to the very end ( sorry, I can't remember the name right now. ) started telling a story about the rumors they've heard about the freeport ship attacks,  and close to the end drops the name of a sailor that survived the attack, and says that he's been drinking in the Seafarers Roost. So I run off to the Roost, and look around. There is a sailor up top, with a name that starts with a P. Anyways, you can tell who he his, because he's with the Seafuries. So I ran through his story with him, and at the end I saw a little note telling me that I'd gained exp. No quests completed, as none were ever offered, but I'd been given exp for running through his story. Afterwards,  he wouldn't talk to me anymore. He just tells me to go away. So, I'm thinking that it -should- have been a quest? Maybe?
I did the same but did not notice any xp gain. Is this really the "quest"?
Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:42 PM   #30
Kaiser Sigma

Loremaster

AJoS wrote:
All quests similar in both cities with similar rewards?  Yuck.  Devs if you're still reading this thread - not everyone wants this.  Personally I like the differences in each city.  I definitely don't want to be a position where I run around each city looking for generic quest #342342.  Yes the cities should have a similar number of quests each but there is absolutely no need to make each quest equivalent.
Agreed. However, lore shouldn't be limited to one city or the other. Period. If there's a book in Qeynos there needs to be a book that Freeport / Neriak people can get. You can make rewards for one or the other better but let me say it again: lore should be equally available to both factions. Aerio wrote:
But anyways, when everything is equal in the world, it really takes away from the immersion.  I'd much prefer differences on each side rather than a copied and pasted quest giving the same reward with a different name.
Having gripphon(sp?) towers magically built out of nowhere ruins the immersion. Not having to do boat rides anymore, ruins immersion. There're so many things that "ruin immersion" in the game that were implemented to catter to all audiences that you can't honestly present it as a real argument.
Kaiser Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote