EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Assassin
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-31-2005, 11:34 AM   #1
B3

Im trying to decide which skill to pick? I've pretty much got it narrowed down to the new bleed skill, which i heard does damage in the 40s and the last hit is in the 90s; Or the New Hunt skill that lets you move faster in hunt mode. Which one do you all think is better? Any reasons why? Does the new hunt one just speed you up, or does it also let you hide better from mobs?Oh yah, which one would be better later down the road? For example which one will last long, and wont be replaced in a while?

Message Edited by B3AN on 01-30-2005 11:53 PM

B3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 07:20 PM   #2
Hecklerko

Personally I went with the new Hunt, forget the name something or other stalking or some such. Not only do you move faster but, since it's an Adept2, the lvl of uglies you can scoot by is higher. After I got it first thing I did was go back to goody-goody land to Stormhold and do the entire Archeologist's quest in sneak mode. If you don't know that one you have to touch 3 items scattered around Stormhold (in the Library, Chapel, and Armory). Forget what my other choices were now but at the time I didn't see anything that would be as useful for me.
Hecklerko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 12:22 AM   #3
frogspawn

Loremaster

i did harkin's stalking. very useful.
frogspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 04:54 AM   #4
NuclearWinter1

I picked Elaa's Pincer Blade, mostly because I had reglected to raise the money to upgrade my Shadow Blade from app1. I'm kind of regreting it now though because Ebon Blade will probably replace it in terms of total damage. I think the advanced hunt would be more useful in the long run.
NuclearWinter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 05:09 AM   #5
B3

I ended up picking the new hunt skill. It let me move around Nektulos Forest without being seen, any lvl 25 or lower didnt see me. I was able to do the 1st part of the hallmark quest for that location. SMILEY I like being in stealth and walking fast. It was a good choice.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:05 AM   #6
TheWays

Loremaster

Harkins Stalking all the way.

The amount of utility and "fun factor" of that sneak is worth it 100%.

Second choice prolly would have been that upgraded bleed.
TheWays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 08:26 PM   #7
Cedricke

Loremaster

Sounds like many of us decided to take Harkins Stalking. The problem with good stealth in many MMORPGs is that your movement typically slows to a crawl. It's very nice to be able to move a bit quicker and still be invisible. Was a very good choice, at least for me.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:44 PM   #8
Mourn_Do'Urd

at lvl 26 you get a replacement for bleed so you chose right SMILEY
Mourn_Do'Urd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 10:58 PM   #9
B3

Mourn_Do'Urden wrote:
at lvl 26 you get a replacement for bleed so you chose right SMILEY

YAY! SMILEY
Old 02-03-2005, 02:27 AM   #10
Gazh

Yeah, I picked the Shadowblade upgrade.  I know it gets upgraded again at L24, but having a nicer stab, plus an extra Bleed effect that stacks, was worth it to me.  I haven't had instances where I couldn't sneak with Hunt app4 that I really needed to.  The movement bonus would be nice, but I'm hoping Vanish at level 22 fixes that (out of combat stealth with INCREASED movement rate).

Big complaing I have about Elaa's Blade is that, because of the bleed effect (great soloing), in a group with another assassin, if they use the same ability, yours will get "Would Not Take Effect" error if their level is higher than yours.  Just like you can't reapply a lower level Bleed.

Which is stupid, since now I can't use my backstab.  I /bug'd it. 
Gazh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 06:40 AM   #11
Shuri

I choose Harkings Stalking (Hunt upgrade). It was much, much faster than the old sneak and very useful for me, since I solo a lot and like to sneak through groups to get to the solos.
Shuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 06:55 AM   #12
frogspawn

Loremaster

Gazhar wrote:
Yeah, I picked the Shadowblade upgrade. I know it gets upgraded again at L24, but having a nicer stab, plus an extra Bleed effect that stacks, was worth it to me. I haven't had instances where I couldn't sneak with Hunt app4 that I really needed to. The movement bonus would be nice, but I'm hoping Vanish at level 22 fixes that (out of combat stealth with INCREASED movement rate).
Big complaing I have about Elaa's Blade is that, because of the bleed effect (great soloing), in a group with another assassin, if they use the same ability, yours will get "Would Not Take Effect" error if their level is higher than yours. Just like you can't reapply a lower level Bleed.
Which is stupid, since now I can't use my backstab. I /bug'd it.

i think you're thinking of slip away at lvl 22. vanish doesn't come until 36 i believe. slip away is definitely an improvement in speed over hunt, but harkins is almost as fast as regular running speed.
frogspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 06:33 PM   #13
Sadama

I picked the new bow-attack skill.
Sadama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:55 PM   #14
Zeroimagination

Loremaster

Harkin's Stalking and I don't regret if for a second.

God, I love that skill!
Malicia Grimm - Conjurer/70 Wood Worker
Five Finger Discount, Everfrost Server
Zeroimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:25 PM   #15
Istaril

Loremaster

I took the arrows- love it. Increased my soloing ability by leaps and bounds, gives me reasons to use bow.

My Shadow Blade and Hunt were already adept 1 - so really, I think I made the right choice. Really liking it too!
Istaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 04:53 PM   #16
zaKK

I got Elaa's Pincer Blade Master I and it's awesome skill. I'm at level 24 and hitting approximately 250-350 with it.
zaKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 08:34 PM   #17
MobySli

General

Shadow Blade does NOT get replaced or upgraded at level 24. Assassin's Blade, the level 24 skill, is a completely new line with its own timer. It's one of the class-defining Assassin skill lines, the uber-damage long-recast attack. Also, choosing the faster stealth at 20 does not make sense to me because you get Slip Away at 22, which is pretty darn fast and stacks with Hunt so you can still attack.I chose Elaa's Pincer Blade and I'm very satisfied with it. It has a nice damage increase over Shadow Blade on the initial strike, plus free DoT damage. I am an Assassin, I am made to deal damage, so all my training choices will reflect that.
MobySli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 03:09 AM   #18
roarfrost

Loremaster

Harkins Stalking, loving it. The movement speed is wonderfull and less mobs detect me now.

roarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 09:18 AM   #19
Or

I chose the arrow one as well because I use arrows everytime the skill is available due to the dmg output. At lvl 25 i have seen dmg adding up to near 800 and you can use it every 25sec.
Nepi LVL 14 Highelf Shaman
Najena
Or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 03:08 PM   #20
BlackHa

I took the bleed upgrade. Discovered it was on the same timer as my other bleed, but was a significant improvement damage wise. Because of the identical timer, I removed the original bleed from the toolbar.  I did not regret the decision until my next DOT skill arrived well before I had "outgrown" the upgraded bleed. Again...they were on the same timer.  Oh well, the upgrade was good to me for a couple levels anyways, and I can't think of a level range that needs more help than those in the low 20's.
BlackHa is offline   Reply With Quote