EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
SteelPiston

Loremaster
SteelPiston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 143
Default

I've recenty noticed that since all the changes to AGI, STR, etc, most of my characters now have some Character Development traits that are totally useless. I have a Ratonga bruiser that has Attribute choices of AGI and INT, both of which are useless to him now.

After all the single stat changes went through, we should had been offered a one time race change to address the changes. Looking at all the choices, it would seem that the Human is the best option now for a Bruiser, even though I love my old rat.

A better option would be an Character Development change potion. I'd happily pay the 1450SC to have the Human Character development traits on my Ratonga instead of changing him to a Human.

I see that my Human inquisitor is also bawked and would be better off as another race these days. I haven't looked through my other 10 characters yet, but I can assume they are all messed up as well except for my Erudite Warlock and Wizards.

__________________
Deadraiser 92 Inquisitor - Freeport.
SteelPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage
Rank: Captain

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,982
Default

the amount you gain from the character developments traits isn't worth being concerned about. like my high elf paladin (who character traits are int/wis rather then the str he uses) is no less effective then the barbarian with str in his character choices.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #3
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny
Rank: Champion

Loremaster
Avirodar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,035
Default

No need for a potion, just visit your local achievement council? (the AA respec guy)

__________________
Templar of Oasis
Avirodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:23 AM   #4
Cloudrat

Tester
Cloudrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,560
Default

[email protected] wrote:

the amount you gain from the character developments traits isn't worth being concerned about. like my high elf paladin (who character traits are int/wis rather then the str he uses) is no less effective then the barbarian with str in his character choices.

Why are they there if they aren't worth being concerned about?

I chose most of my characters in the beginning because of racial traits and class.

__________________
Cloudrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:06 AM   #5
Mermut

Loremaster
Mermut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 852
Default

Cloudrat wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

the amount you gain from the character developments traits isn't worth being concerned about. like my high elf paladin (who character traits are int/wis rather then the str he uses) is no less effective then the barbarian with str in his character choices.

Why are they there if they aren't worth being concerned about?

I chose most of my characters in the beginning because of racial traits and class.

At level 57 it gives 22.3 of a stat, at level 92 39.6 stat... that isn't even of a boost to make huge difference these days when gear has more then that on a single peice.

__________________
I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, But not hang it by the neck until dead.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:28 AM   #6
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage
Rank: Captain

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,982
Default

they used to make a difference. until a dev that shall not be named went to abuse the system in favor of his own race/class combo and got called out on it.

then they pretty much nerfed things down across the board. not to mention making certain races effectively 'better' then others got the ARAC people a tad bit upset as well.

you know, heavens forbid an erudite is a noticably better mage then a troll.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #7
SteelPiston

Loremaster
SteelPiston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 143
Default

[email protected] wrote:

No need for a potion, just visit your local achievement council? (the AA respec guy)

You can't respec this.

39.6 STR or 39.6 STA for a fighter and some fighting traits would be better than 39.6 INT and and whole bunch of stuff on Disruption, poisons, etc. It makes more of a difference at the low end of the game, but if someone gave a level 92 fighter a +40 STR adornment that went on one of the less useful adornment slots, he'd probably use it.

__________________
Deadraiser 92 Inquisitor - Freeport.
SteelPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #8
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny
Rank: Champion

Loremaster
Avirodar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,035
Default

SteelPiston wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

No need for a potion, just visit your local achievement council? (the AA respec guy)

You can't respec this.

39.6 STR or 39.6 STA for a fighter and some fighting traits would be better than 39.6 INT and and whole bunch of stuff on Disruption, poisons, etc. It makes more of a difference at the low end of the game, but if someone gave a level 92 fighter a +40 STR adornment that went on one of the less useful adornment slots, he'd probably use it.

Ahh they want the actual abilities of any race they desire... Really, there is no point.The lower levels are already so darn easy, it makes no difference. Mobs will still fall over and die in 2 swings.At high levels, the stat gain is so insignificant it makes no difference.Long ago, SOE removed the actual impact of racial choice. Now, we can pick any race we want, and the differences are insignificant.  I hope SOE leaves what tiny variance there is with race choices, in the game, which often account for below 1% of active effect. The races are already homogenized enough.

__________________
Templar of Oasis
Avirodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #9
Gilasil

Loremaster
Gilasil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 907
Default

You can always caugh up the money for a race change potion.

Gilasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:16 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.