EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
SteelPiston

Loremaster

"Internet Explorer can not display your web page"

What's going on SOE? It doesn't matter who's pc I'm using, at work or home, this regularly pops up. I hit the reload button 4 or 5x and eventually get to the EQ2 forums. I then select "General Gameplay Discussion" and go through the same rigmarole. Every other web site that I go to loads in less than 1 second.

Some days are worse than others with today being particularly bad. It's not my pc and it's not my connection. Work is IE7. Home is IE9. IPad is OS6.0 I'm pretty sure something is messed up at the other end.

Anyone else getting this happening to them?

Old 10-05-2012, 05:54 AM   #2
Luhai

Loremaster

They seem to have network isses at the moment. I had a lot of trouble loading the Dev search page with IE and Opera. It took me several tries to finally get the page loaded.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
Natsume

Philosopher

It's because your using IE ... it never worked for me.
Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
Deago

Loremaster

I must agree IE is disgusting.  In applications it is simply memory bacteria.  I taught a .net course at the university awhile back and I told them if they tried to drag/drop ie webbrowser control into the form it is an automatic zero.  SMILEY

Old 10-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
Lizabethan

Philosopher

The forums themselves are getting an update soon (they're testing a new system with Vanguard right now, I think) because yes, this has been an issue on all browsers. Like the others though, I found it worse on IE - I personally switch from Firefox to Chrome and usually one of those will load.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
SteelPiston

Loremaster

Lizabethan wrote:

The forums themselves are getting an update soon (they're testing a new system with Vanguard right now, I think) because yes, this has been an issue on all browsers. Like the others though, I found it worse on IE - I personally switch from Firefox to Chrome and usually one of those will load.

Thanks. At least some threads will open now with Firefox, but they are still as slow as mollasses in February. Something is blocking up the plumbing somewhere.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
SteelPiston

Loremaster

I've discovered that the threads load much faster when you are logged into the forum. Typically, I don't log in unless I want to contribute something. Most of the time I just read what's new.

It looks like I'm going to have to log in every time now before I start my reading session. I never used to have to do this. If this is the case going forward, then I'd like to stay logged in for a couple of days please SOE, before being kicked. How can I be logged into my email for a week, but this forum boots me every time I leave the page?