EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Beastlord
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-08-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
Riny

Loremaster

I admit to being a newb about BLs. Most of the BLs I come accross in PvP, I can dispatch with my (lvl 25)wiz - some are close fights. But today, I ran into a BL that stopped taking any damage in the middle of the fight. This BL was about 40% down and I was about 90% down. I went into mana shield mode and brought the BL down to about 50%. Then as I continued blasting him with my strongest casts, nothing happened. He killed me after my MS finally timed out. It's like he had his own version of mana shield or ward or something? I read thru the combat log and found nothing that would clue me in. I searched and googled for awhile and still turned up empty - prolly not using right keys. Can anyone clue me in as to what spell or AA was in play? TIA

Riny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

In spirital stance BL's with their pets up and savagery built up can throw up wards, hots, DR's, etc.   Theres a few abilites in their aa lines to help minimize damage and enhance survivability..but not sure atm what you ran into.

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
Azomonas

Augur

They have a heroic endline called Northwind barrier. I'm not sure about the duration, but on beetny it says that it absorbs all damage done to the BL and their warder. Dispel and pray!

Azomonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:57 AM   #4
Riny

Loremaster

Hmm, thats an interesting idea, but I don't think thats what happened. The BL was in the low 20s, so I don't think they can use that many AAs. The AA usage caps right - thats what happens to me, but I'm a bronze player.

Riny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #5
Gilasil

Loremaster

Riny wrote:

Hmm, thats an interesting idea, but I don't think thats what happened. The BL was in the low 20s, so I don't think they can use that many AAs. The AA usage caps right - thats what happens to me, but I'm a bronze player.

If the beastlord was in his 20's he wouldn't have access to spiritual stance -- they don't get it until level 30.  Beastlords in feral stance don't have much in the way of protection.

I would also like to know what that beastlord was doing.  I run multiple beastlords and may someday actually do something crazy like engage in PvP.

Could someone else have buffed him with something?

Gilasil is offline   Reply With Quote