EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

I worked insanely hard to get this achievement, I admit just for my own personal satisfaction as a quest lover, and was utterly thrilled when I got it.  However it involves doing 5000 UNIQUE quests, so repeatables only count once.  I even betrayed and betrayed back to get enough quests done.  All I got from the game for doing it is an appearance cloak 'Shroud of the Shattering which bears no obvious connection with the achievement (Surely 'Cloak of the Everquester' or something would be better?) and doesn't have a particularly interesting or unique appearance - I have a banner in my home from some event with the same graphic.

But most of all -  No title?

You do 500/1000 missions, you get a title (Agent/Secret Agent). Do 400 collections - you get a title (Collector).  Do HQs - you get loads of titles.  Kill lots of mobs you get titles.  Heck, fly through some aerial rings badly (in my case) 5 times, you get a title.  I could go on.   Some of these are easy to get, some very hard.  5000 unique quests surely deserves something: 'the Everquester'? 'the Questaholic'? 'the Quester'? Something surely? The game is called EverQUEST 2 after all....

I'm very proud of my questing - my Guild knows if they have any quest problems to ask me - I've done pretty much every one in the game, past and present.  Just wish I could show it off properly as I can with so much else I've done in game.

Played Since Launch: Highkeep/Butcherblock

Ratonga 92 Assassin/92 Carpenter

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Pipsissiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
Marnus
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Tandros os Thol

Loremaster

I agree with you-getting that achievement is quite an accomplishment, and in a game called "EverQUEST" , you would think this particular achievement would be rewarded more. I hope they reconsider this. Grats to you by the waySMILEY 

Marnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
Irgun

Loremaster

Since the cloak still has a unique appearance, just few players world wide are recognized immediately when wearing this - so it is actually worthy enough to point out how dedicated someone was doing quests.

Whereas people who obtained all destroyer-titles have no way to show this, since there is absolutely nothing to show that you managed to get all titles except to show one "Destroyer of...." at a time.

Irgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #4
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Since the cloak still has a unique appearance, just few players world wide are recognized immediately when wearing this - so it is actually worthy enough to point out how dedicated someone was doing quests.

Whereas people who obtained all destroyer-titles have no way to show this, since there is absolutely nothing to show that you managed to get all titles except to show one "Destroyer of...." at a time.

Except that almost noone seems to recognise that the cloak is for 5000 unique quests - even if they examine you it just says 'Shroud of the Shattering' so unless they bother to ask it says nothing about what you got it for.  Most (of the few who have asked) have assumed its something to do with the Heroes Festival or LON loot.

I'm mostly posting cos i think it is unfair that you get titles for loads of other 'doing lots of quests' achievements like the collections etc, but not for this which is kinda the ultimate quest achievement.

Since most quests involve doing something for other 'people', maybe 'the Helpful' would be an amusing title. SMILEY

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Old 04-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant

Ugh that's a f-ton of quests!  I almost made it to 2900 ....

I have to agree, if you are so insane .. erm dedicated like Lera is and the OP ... give us something worthwhile!

Old 04-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #6
SlashnGut

Loremaster

I am just past 3000 on my main so still along ways to go, but I also agree you should get a title for doing that many quests.

Sucha 92 Conjuror/92 Sage

Mrshal 92 Monk/92 Carpenter

Bloodwingg 92 Necromancer/92 Tailor

Tior 92 Warlock/92 Provisioner

Holyer 92 Paladin/92 Armoror

Grogg 90 Berserker/92 Alchemist

Etat 90 Bruiser/92 Jeweler

Dawizz 90 Wizard/92 Woodworker

Punting 90 Brigand

Kountdracula 90 Dirge

Omgiman 92 Warden

SlashnGut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
Katz

Loremaster

I agree....there should be some title for the 5000 quests.   The Everquestor sounds appropriate but something along those lines would be great. 

I'm no where near that many quests.

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #8
Guy De Alsace

Loremaster

You get no achievement for getting your epic either. I would have thought that one was a prime candidate.

Just also want to say "YOU ARE AWESOME!" 5,000 quests is worthy of respect and I for one welcome our amazingly quest gifted overlords.

My main has about 1,800 done : I'm an amateur...

Guy De Alsace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:58 PM   #9
Kunaak

Loremaster

honestly, this particular achievement should have a huge reward attached to it, since its no small feat by ANY means.

title, awesome cloak with shrink or enlarge attached to it, free mount. of course the rewards cant be OP, but they should be the best fluff items one can earn, cause someone doing 5k quests is a massive accomplishment in this game.

+1 to update this achievement to reflect its challenge.

Kunaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:18 PM   #10
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

Pipsissiwa wrote:

I worked insanely hard to get this achievement, I admit just for my own personal satisfaction as a quest lover, and was utterly thrilled when I got it.  However it involves doing 5000 UNIQUE quests, so repeatables only count once.  I even betrayed and betrayed back to get enough quests done.  All I got from the game for doing it is an appearance cloak 'Shroud of the Shattering which bears no obvious connection with the achievement (Surely 'Cloak of the Everquester' or something would be better?) and doesn't have a particularly interesting or unique appearance - I have a banner in my home from some event with the same graphic.

But most of all -  No title?

You do 500/1000 missions, you get a title (Agent/Secret Agent). Do 400 collections - you get a title (Collector).  Do HQs - you get loads of titles.  Kill lots of mobs you get titles.  Heck, fly through some aerial rings badly (in my case) 5 times, you get a title.  I could go on.   Some of these are easy to get, some very hard.  5000 unique quests surely deserves something: 'the Everquester'? 'the Questaholic'? 'the Quester'? Something surely? The game is called EverQUEST 2 after all....

I'm very proud of my questing - my Guild knows if they have any quest problems to ask me - I've done pretty much every one in the game, past and present.  Just wish I could show it off properly as I can with so much else I've done in game.

You done 5000 quests because you wanted to, and in doing so, you were rewarded 5000 times, once for each individual quest. And you even got a little extra on top for it, a cloak that you can wear even when displaying one of your other titles.Being all bent out of shape because you did not get an "uber title", when a title was never promised, seems petty at best. You got the achievement, you got your cloak, it's better than nothing, be happy with it and move along.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:24 AM   #11
Gilasil

Loremaster

5000 unique quests.

Wow.  Just wow. 

You sir are either certifiably insane or truly worthy of respect.  Or both.

You should get something for that.  I bet very few have done it.

I absolutely agree.  Anyone who is so dedicated/insane to accomplish something that should get a title.

Gilasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:05 AM   #12
Irgun

Loremaster

They could attach a description on the cloak like this

"The places you have seen, the stories you have heard echo through all eternity. Nothing could stop your search for challenge and success - you have proven your worth at least 5000 times, and you are ready to accomplish even more while you travel Norrath!"

@Pipi: how long did it take you?

It took me about 8 months when I decided to get 5k quests. (started with 1,2k at this point)

Old 04-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #13
Pixiewrath
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Aristocrats

Loremaster

I don't know how the cloak looks, but I definitely agree some achievments have lame rewards.Some, like the Desert of Flames triumph ones have cool stuff, like the fire-ish robe and such.But others, like slaying 10.000 of a certain creature are a bit meh. Try killing 10.000 brownies and you will see why.I know some things like orcs and gnolls have merchants that lets you buy unique gear when you reach the different tiers (Killer, Hunter, Slayer, Destroyer). Would be really great if they added those kinds of merchants for the other stuff as well, like Drolvarg, Vampire, Fairy, etc...Could make for some real recognition and bragging rights. True, there is a title too, but items are ever so sweet.Assuming you have some place to store them SMILEY

Pixiewrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #14
Llogwey

Tester

well I agree, the cloak is cool but even myself I stopped wearing it after a while besides, it is not the MOST beautiful cloak ingame, far from it, symbolic but not that pretty... the achievement is named "everquester" so I suppose having the title suffix "Everquester" could come with it... I was among those who tried to convince SOE, back in time, that it was ridiculous to make achievements for 5500 or 6000 quests because it was impossible to achieve unless you had betrayed several times since the very beginning of the game...and before the massive quest removals in newbie areas around freeport and qeynos.

I still think it is too high to have achievement past 5000. that's unreachable for players who started playing after 2006. for information, there is approximatly 9000 quests+collections ingame currently (including all removed ones, class and race specific ones and missions which do not count toward quest total)A title would be cool... providing you can get it even if you already have the achievement indeed (for info : I have reached over 6600 quests and 590 collections by now and have had the cloak since SF release... as far as I know, I am second quester only to Mazahs at the moment)

Old 04-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #15
Gaeablock

Journeyman

Actually the cloak isn't unique whatsoever.  Any level 1 can buy the anniversary collection quest, hand it in, and have the exact same cloak.

So the people in here claiming that the cloak is a sufficient reward are clueless.  This achievement is held by less people than clearing Underfoot Depths.  It deserves a unique reward, not something any halfwit can buy for 10 gold.

Gaeablock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #16
Brigh

Loremaster

Guy De Alsace wrote:

You get no achievement for getting your epic either. I would have thought that one was a prime candidate.

You do get an achivement for getting your myth (but I still think EQ II's achievement system should actually give you worthwhile things like what I saw in LoTRO; cloaks get put in the bank or trashed; plushies hide in your home; none of these things do anything for you).

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #17
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Gaeablock wrote:

Actually the cloak isn't unique whatsoever.  Any level 1 can buy the anniversary collection quest, hand it in, and have the exact same cloak.

So the people in here claiming that the cloak is a sufficient reward are clueless.  This achievement is held by less people than clearing Underfoot Depths.  It deserves a unique reward, not something any halfwit can buy for 10 gold.

Actually, the collection gives a tapestry, not the cloak. The cloak can only be obtained through the achievement. Both launched more or less at the same time and I remember I thought at the time that it was nice to get the cloak with the same image. Since then, we got tons of new and pretty cloaks and getting a title would definatedly be nice for all those masochistic questers ;p

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #18
Khurghan

Loremaster

Making it more apparent on the cloak would be better as most people (with 1/2 a clue that is) play with titles turned off 99.999% of the time.

Khurghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:40 PM   #19
Gravy

Lord

Khurghan wrote:

Making it more apparent on the cloak would be better as most people (with 1/2 a clue that is) play with titles turned off 99.999% of the time.

Hmmm. Guess I'm in that small percent. I actually have titles on (verticle) but cloaks turned off. 

Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:02 AM   #20
SOE-MOD-17

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=51679...post_id=5751482 Removed for non-constructive, personal attack. Please review the forum guidelines.
SOE-MOD-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:02 AM   #21
Caernarvon

Loremaster

Hear hear for the OP!I recently hit the 5,000 quest mark myself a week or two ago, and was somewhat disappointed even though I knew it was just the cloak coming, and nothing else for the reward, and whilst the cloak is unique, and looks reasonably alright, I do think we could have had something much better looking and much more appropriate for this milestone.  The cloak has a pleated effect which is nice, but even on high end settings the whole shattered Luclin image looks a wee bit pixellated, and if you're in any area with prominent lighting the whole thing just fades into nothingness.EverQuest 2 is the name of the game.  The clue is in the title.Now whilst I am constantly bumping into folk who don't enjoy quests and don't see the point and just want to skip all the story, skip all the content, and kill stuff to get to end-game asap, despite quests giving sizeable experience for the most part, that is their prerogative and its fine by me, just as enjoying quests and undertaking them, is my prerogative.   It is 'play your way' afterall, and that is one of the great things about EQ2, you could be a hardcore end-game grouper / raider with no interest in quests, or a pure tradeskiller, or a decorator, or a harvester, or a money maker, or even now a dungeon builder. or a combination of any or all of those things and probably others that aren't springing to mind just now.Myself, I am a combination of most of those things.  I have enjoyed focussing on quests right from the outset back in late 2004, in an obsessive compulsive manner as many of us high quest count folk will testify to.What would I have preferred for reaching the 5,000 quest mark one might ask?The Luclin cloak is a bit disappointing, it feels like it was rushed a bit.  Plus I tend to wear red colours on the toon that achieved this, and it doesn't sit too well with my red outfit lol.  So its probably just going to go on a mannequin in my house I think.   A nicer looking and better thought out cloak would have been better.It would have been nice to have a well-thought out prefix / suffix title of some sort to wear proudly that folk might really aspire to have.  Another well-known MMO has a 'the World Renowned' title, albeit for a different achievement, but its an impressive one and demonstrates the players dedication.   Oh and a server broadcast along the lines of the Mythical reward would have been nice too, its a far bigger achievement that acquiring your mythical!And an all access pass to the Qeynos Citadel / Freeport Citadel, where all the tea, biscuits and rock and roll goes down with Antonia and Lucan!  Well, wishful thinking on that one undoubtedly.  But some day, you are gonna have to let us get in there properly!If we're talking about wishful thinking, well how about some StationCash as a reward?  Other MMO's have mechanisms that reward their respective marketplace currency for various achievements and undertakings, of values both small and large for their respective sized achievements.  It would be nice if an achievement of this magnitude did something of that nature.  Its an achievement that requires what I would term 'playing loyalty' to achieve, i.e. many hours over a long period of time, which is ultimately what SOE want.  This is essentially why MMO's focus on giving us all so much to do, the more you have to occupy you, the less likely you are to be wandering over to another game by another publisher, which should ultimately mean more subscription / marketplace revenue for SOE.  So, this would be an incentive that is win / win for the player and SOE.  I would also encourage SOE to consider StationCash rewards for some other achievements in the game in this manner, even if they are just small token amounts.  It's a total win / win situation in my opinion anyway.As it stands now, I don't see an achievement past 5,000 quests, unless its hidden, so I would urge for a 7,500 and/or a 10,000k quest achievement to be added, and for it to be a little bit more considered than the 5,000 quest one was, maybe it was rushed in for when Achievements were added in, I don't know.  It is quite an achievement afterall and to hit such a high quest count, you will have had to have put an enormous amount of hours in over many years.  The last time I checked /played on the character that achieved this was scary!  It demonstrates a long-serving dedication and player loyalty that perhaps should be better rewarded.Hope the EQ2 powers that be will take this into consideration!

Caernarvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:06 AM   #22
Caernarvon

Loremaster

Khurghan wrote:

99.999% of all statistics are made up on the spot just like this one was!I play with titles on, many folk (to use your own wording... with half a clue &nbspSMILEY change them to appear vertically, as opposed to horizontally so they're not stretching across the entire width of the screen.

Caernarvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #23
Irgun

Loremaster

So what would be sufficient then?

Maybe the cloak, an unique title, an unique mount (darathar dragon etc, not a pale-blue pony!) and an unique armor appearance. ~

Old 04-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #24
Llogwey

Tester

[email protected] wrote:

[...]As it stands now, I don't see an achievement past 5,000 quests, unless its hidden, so I would urge for a 7,500 and/or a 10,000k quest achievement to be added, and for it to be a little bit more considered than the 5,000 quest one was, maybe it was rushed in for when Achievements were added in, I don't know.  It is quite an achievement afterall and to hit such a high quest count, you will have had to have put an enormous amount of hours in over many years.  The last time I checked /played on the character that achieved this was scary!  It demonstrates a long-serving dedication and player loyalty that perhaps should be better rewarded.Hope the EQ2 powers that be will take this into consideration!

Maybe it would be wise before asking such a nonsense to check what the game allows you to achieve.... As I once fought for, having the numbers at hand... it is not possible to reach further than 6800 or maybe 6900 quests ingame providing you were there and hardcore quester since november 2004, no matter how Hard you try the game won't allow you... so creating an achievement "for the future" is nonsense....

Maybe creating achievement for 7000 or 8000... when there is enough quests ingame to reach this amount is fine but not before... You said you just reached 5000... I am over 6700 and I can confirm there is no achievement for 5500, 6000 or 6500. still I would not want to see any added because those achievement would be unreachable...

In three years from now, when they will have added 2000 more quests (which is utopic considering they never add more than 300 quests per "year" or so) I would agree on another quest rank but not before it becomes technically reachable.

as for the reward for 5000 quests indeed it could be reworked with titles and maybe an exclusive house item maybe but anything that would affect gameplay would go against what the achievements are meant for and no other achievement reward would be comparable.

And considering my position, I think I know what I'm talking about SMILEY I would personnaly be happy with the simple title of "everquester"

Old 04-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #25
Raknid

Loremaster

Look, I am definitely in the "Earn your way" camp, but an achievement for completing 5000 quests in a game called Everquest...that should probably be an end tier item or something so unigue appearence wise as to make peoples mouths fall open. Seriously.

Perhaps the SC folks can set aside a small amount of design time to adequately reward these people.

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #26
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Gratz on 5k quests.  You should get a title "the Everquester".  Hope they change it for ya.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #27
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Llogwey wrote:

I would personnaly be happy with the simple title of "everquester"

Me too  

Thank you to all for your Congratulations SMILEY and my own "Grats!" back to those who have also got this Achievement!

I'm not greedy.  I was simply disappointed that the one huge and hard to get Quest-related Achievement was so poorly rewarded compared to other Do-Lots-of-Quests achievements, like the Missions, Collections (which if you have cash you can just buy most with minimal effort - only a few have no-trade components) and HQs, especially for the dedication, time and effort involved.  Not bent out of shape, not annoyed, not expecting anything; of course I knew what the reward was in advance but when I finally actually got there it just felt rather anticlimactic.

Not sure how long it took really. I've always quested like a rat-girl possessed since launch and one day I noticed I was getting high on the leaderboards, esp on my server.  Then I noticed I got an achievement for 3000 unique quests and thats when I decided to go for the 5000.  The last 2000 took a few (6?) months (not sure how many as I wasn't really paying attention) of crazy questing to the exclusion of all else (and a lot of support and encouragement from my brilliant Guild), including betraying and back (each of which took weeks to ensure I'd done every quest, even having to do a few quests for the other side to knock my faction back so I could complete everything - thank heaven for Chronomancers). And lots of help from Wiki, Zam etc and extensive handwritten notes.

I enjoyed every minute of getting the Achievement, even having to spend some time working for Qeynos (/shudder hehe) and some of the writs that involved huge numbers of semi rare mobs LOL. I'm just disappointed, as the thread title says,  that SOE have made nice titles for easier to get achievements and not for this one which only a relative few people will be able to/want to get.

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 04-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #28
Llogwey

Tester

trust me I know the feeling.... I even reset my own tradeskill class 9 times to make all the tradeskill city writs of every tradeskill class on a single character... and done all the old rare quest starter drops from all zones of the original game... and it took me years...and lots of components and time... I'd like some aknowledgement from SOE but well, quests is not the only purpose of the game, no matter the name... so I humbly accept the reward they give SMILEY though really... a title would not be a lot to add... and would not affect a lot of things...
Old 04-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #29
Lempo

Loremaster

Pipsissiwa wrote:

I'm not greedy.  I was simply disappointed that the one huge and hard to get Quest-related Achievement was so poorly rewarded compared to other Do-Lots-of-Quests achievements, like the Missions, Collections (which if you have cash you can just buy most with minimal effort - only a few have no-trade components) and HQs, especially for the dedication, time and effort involved.  Not bent out of shape, not annoyed, not expecting anything; of course I knew what the reward was in advance but when I finally actually got there it just felt rather anticlimactic.

It wouldn't be greedy at all for you to expect to get one of the best looking appearance items in the game for this accomplishment. I'm right around halfway there iirc.

I know you are quite aware of what their primary focus is at this point, and long term subscribers (unless they spend a lot of SC) are a faint, far away blip on their radar. They continue to show this at every turn.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #30
Piestro

Community Relations

5000 quests is one heck of an achievement. Congratulations, I'm impressed.

Unfortunately as rewards go, there is never any one reward that will make everyone happy. To some, titles are useless. To others, appearance items are at best boring. I'll go ahead and mention to the team there is interest in this, since after all it it does require pretty intense dedication, but it is unlikely that a title will be appealing to everyone.

EverQuest Community Relations Manager

Piestro is offline   Reply With Quote