EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
Drumstix

Loremaster

I don't know if this already exists as I haven't had time to start gaining points yet...

But my request is to add chat/spell flavor text that can be parsed by programs like ACT when ability reuse timers get reset from the Prestige abilities being added. This will allow us to make sound/text-to-speech triggers to basiclaly let us know: "Hey, your ability is ready/back up"

[DrumsUI] author @ EQ2Interface.com
Drumstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
Banditman

Loremaster

Please.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
Geothe

Loremaster

Very good point.Every single class follows the same pattern,  Prestige Ability Called XXXX:  Class ability YYYY has a chance to reset the reuse of Class ability ZZZZ.

A proc string like "XXXX has caused YYYY to reset your ability ZZZZ." would make it easy for people to make an ACT trigger to yell at them or something.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
Mermut

Loremaster

+1

Old 03-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #5
Yimway

Loremaster

I dunno, maybe there is something to be said for skill / reaction time vs parsing.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #6
Trynt

Loremaster

+1

Great suggestion.

[email protected] wrote:

I dunno, maybe there is something to be said for skill / reaction time vs parsing.

Then don't use it.  Win/win

Trynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #7
Yimway

Loremaster

Trynt wrote:

+1

Great suggestion.

[email protected] wrote:

Then don't use it.  Win/win

You failed to recognize my point, but whatever.

TL;DR - Eq2, our skill check is parsing.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #8
Banditman

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

That's a content problem.  When they create content that caters to that sort of paradigm, you'll see the community embrace it, provided that the content is fun.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #9
Nrgy

Lord

Banditman wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

That's a content problem.  When they create content that caters to that sort of paradigm, you'll see the community embrace it, provided that the content is fun.

The community will generally embrace whatever is easiest and gains them the most.  The same reason why people can't clear Drunder zones when they have more than enough CM in Heroic gear to do it.  The same reason why you can't get people to callout detriments and have to parse them with 3rd party apps.  The point being all the tools are in the game already to be successful, even if they are not always easy to use.

Nrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #10
Trynt

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

You failed to recognize my point, but whatever.

TL;DR - Eq2, our skill check is parsing.

Recognized it just fine.  Drums' request is a simple one that fits with the current game.  You're taking the request in a different direction/subject/opinion/philosophy about how things should be.  That's nice, but not reality.

Old 03-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #11
Trynt

Loremaster

Nrgy wrote:

The point being all the tools are in the game already to be successful, even if they are not always easy to use.

This is true, but the OP is talking about a new dynamic.  Will be interesting to see whether or not there's a text component or not already.  If not, the request isn't an outlandish one.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #12
Drumstix

Loremaster

I don't keep my eyes pasted to my hotbars. I've played my class so long I generally know when something is about to be back up. Obviouly it's all noticable in my preferable vision, but an extra umph to my sense (sound) to know an ability is back up early would be icing on the cake here.

There's flavor text on too many old ablities that don't need it (yay chat spam) and not enough on abilites that are very useful(hi Gravitas, how are you doing today?). I find, as stated above, this would be very useful to have some flavor text on SMILEY

[DrumsUI] author @ EQ2Interface.com
Drumstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #13
Vitriol
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Knights of the White Shield

Loremaster

yes please do.

Vitriol is offline   Reply With Quote