EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Beastlord
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #61
Poison Elf

Loremaster

Does anyone know if the emerald cave bat will be going the way of the meatbeast, or do we get to keep him?

Poison Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:42 PM   #62
Jaffa Tamarin

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

The thing that gets me is that it was announced in this thread to the official forums *before AOD launched*.  It was announced to everyone during open beta.  Why on earth did someone higher up not say then "Hey guys, this is a bug, don't go getting too attached to it"?  This is so typical nowadays of EQ2 developers, silence and then changes with more silence.  Are you going to nerf the named pig in Frostfang as well?  One of few slightly different looking pigs that can be tamed as boars?  Are you going to take away anything that isn't vanilla mob graphics?  I'd like to know, because I try to get warders that look somewhat different than the other horde of beastlords.  You are really going to kill the enjoyment I get out of this class if you keep doing this.  When I'm questing in SF for the umpteenth time watching Meatbeast charge into battle was the only thing that made it entertaining.

If they had left the tamable Meatbeast in the game I bet it would have become the most common bovine warder appearance, hardly "different than the other horde of beastlords".

I would prefer to have more variety of common animals to tame, instead of a few specials that end up not being really very special because every beastlord wants to get them.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:46 PM   #63
IvyBlackrose

Lord

sorry I have to disagree with you one of the BEST parts about being a hunter in wow was the elusive ethereal(ghostlike) looking creatures that were on rare spawn timers and every hunter had to have one it was really fun chasing down and taming them....ALSO im not sure what the big deal is with the meatbeast being tamed? removing rare individual mobs from being tamed is actually going to ruin the fun of being able to have your own individuality......

you should be adding rare mobs to the game with unique appearances for tamers to tame not removing them....its one of the main selling points of the beastlord in the first place

Old 12-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #64
daalberith

Lord

I was a bit surprised it was tameable at all to be honest. I mean, it's still Bristlebane's deity pet, right? Or did I miss something somewhere? Given that I wouldn't have let people tame it either.

Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
daalberith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #65
Zepor

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

The thing that gets me is that it was announced in this thread to the official forums *before AOD launched*.  It was announced to everyone during open beta.  Why on earth did someone higher up not say then "Hey guys, this is a bug, don't go getting too attached to it"?  This is so typical nowadays of EQ2 developers, silence and then changes with more silence.  Are you going to nerf the named pig in Frostfang as well?  One of few slightly different looking pigs that can be tamed as boars?  Are you going to take away anything that isn't vanilla mob graphics?  I'd like to know, because I try to get warders that look somewhat different than the other horde of beastlords.  You are really going to kill the enjoyment I get out of this class if you keep doing this.  When I'm questing in SF for the umpteenth time watching Meatbeast charge into battle was the only thing that made it entertaining.

If they had left the tamable Meatbeast in the game I bet it would have become the most common bovine warder appearance, hardly "different than the other horde of beastlords".

I would prefer to have more variety of common animals to tame, instead of a few specials that end up not being really very special because every beastlord wants to get them.

Seriously?  You are saying SOE should force variety by taking away the most popular choices?

Smokejumper: "The monthly subscription fee means players can expect a lot of new content from us. And I say a lot - I really mean that. This is something that we feel obligated to the players, because they are paying monthly sub fee."
Zepor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #66
Mohee

Lord

Enough people have bought AoD, so now SOE is working on nerfing everything. Doesn't matter to them about what players want, no one is getting a refund, for anything, ever. 

There's enough beastlords now, they'll start the nerfing soon, just watch 

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #67
daalberith

Lord

Anyone who didn't expect them to get 'adjusted' after they launched even sight unseen was either naive or deluding themselves. That's just how these things go with these games. After seeing how OP BLs are vs the majority of the content, though, yeah. They gonna git nerfed.

Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
Old 12-20-2011, 01:11 PM   #68
Onorem

Loremaster

Mohee wrote:

Enough people have bought AoD, so now SOE is working on nerfing everything. Doesn't matter to them about what players want, no one is getting a refund, for anything, ever. 

There's enough beastlords now, they'll start the nerfing soon, just watch 

daalberith wrote:

Anyone who didn't expect them to get 'adjusted' after they launched even sight unseen was either naive or deluding themselves. That's just how these things go with these games. After seeing how OP BLs are vs the majority of the content, though, yeah. They gonna git nerfed.

What does that have to do with the recent development in this thread? It's an appearance issue, not a power issue.

--edit--

added the first quote that might have led to the second...

Old 12-20-2011, 01:14 PM   #69
daalberith

Lord

It has to do with the post right above mine that I didn't bother to start a ridiculous quote pyramid over because it was the post right above mine and I figured anyone who actually read the thread would get the context?

Next time I will remember not to assume so much from the general forum I guess. I forget where I am sometimes.

Edit: Just to say I saw your edit, but I'm not editing mine.. sorta.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:45 PM   #70
Sucuri

Loremaster

If they want to remove any tameable pet from the game it should of been that stupid small duck!  Can barely see it because its so tiny, goes under the world when I call it out (none of my other warders do that). The fighting animations on it are horrable (levitates (no wing movement to get it up there, no leg movement, just stands aobve the ground a good 4 feet) and does some weird stupid neck lunge motion). Half the time it isn't under the world its gliding over it (with just a normal walking animation).

I can see a flood of angry topics coming with the removal of what was the only cool "hard" tame in the game.  I wasn't in beta but for a few hours (thanks for that late invite). So I had no word that he was never ment to be tame. I get the feeling a lot of other people were un aware of this as well. If it was NOT intended to make it live, then why the hell did it?

Most pet families have really limited skin choices as it is, some of them almost feel like you really don't even need them in the game. What happened to being able to tame everything that was not an insect (never understood why on this one) or Sentient Being???

First thing I went to tame was a Meatbeast at level 10. All the other options for that family were pretty lame >< . He is the only pet I have been using to level with cause it puts a huge smile on my face just to watch him killing things with me.  Why Sony you take away my happiness? I swear sometimes they are almost pushing what player base they have left to go play other MMOs....

/rantoff

Sucuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:58 PM   #71
Khurghan

Loremaster

You do know that you will be able to get it back soon don't you? (it's going to be on marketplace)

Khurghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #72
Sucuri

Loremaster

Khurghan wrote:

You do know that you will be able to get it back soon don't you? (it's going to be on marketplace)

IF they really need the money that bad then they should add items to it that were not already in the game being used by a lot of people...  Hell toss up another over priced ground mout that makes anything you can get in game look like complete crap, that seems to be working for them....

Sucuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #73
feldon30

Fansite Staff

daalberith wrote:

I can't figure out multiquote.

Fixed it for you.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #74
Troubor

Loremaster

Location: My Felwithe Mansion (and a couple other smaller homes), currently.

Mystfit wrote:

Meatbesat and i are haniging out in SC til servers go down. I didn't want him to get lost after they took him away from me and figured I'd introduce him to the other Meatbeast so they could be buddies. Besides, I've been leveling him in EF and there's no grass there, so he was hungry...

Not sure why they took him away. He gives no AA, he's a spawn from someone on the quest and repops instantly when someone else with the quest comes into the area so you can't hoarde him and stop progression.

I'm coming late to this thread, and I wonder if SOE's "logic" in removing him is as follows:

1)  Taming the quest spawn one might break the quest for the Beastlord, or if someone else is in his group and also needs the quest, for the other guy in his group.  Or does the Meatbeast respawn after being tamed, if the BL leaves his spawn point then come back?  (OR for that matter, does the BL and anyone else in his group get quest credit as a "kill" if the BL tames him?  I honestly don't know, I have a BL but I've been going super slow on him, I dislike PLing).

2)  He is connected to Bristlebane's lore since he's also the diety pet.  Yes..I know many could care less, but some do care and SOE does do their best to follow it's own lore.  SMILEY  Anyway, even a "wild" one like one captured by the Djinni in Shimmering Citadel, Lunchmeat in Guk, etc might still be more blessed "creatures" then anything.  (Having said that, they could have done something like made the Meatbeast or Bovoch in general an exotic, not part of bovids unless a diety pet can't even qualify for that.)

As an aside, I know Marr has a tiny lion, but it is more of a spirit taking that form, not an actual lion.  It might be the only Bovoches/Meatbeasts are spirits of a sort, thus not truly animals.  Yes, I'm getting again into lore reasons, deal those of you who could care less.  SMILEY

3)  SOE plans on adding warders that can be bought for Smedly Cash..okay fine, Station Cash and forgot that they left in a tameable Bovoch on beta when this went live, he'll be back as a SC bought warder and/or one that can be bought with dungeon marks maybe.

4)  Some or all of the above.

Mostly just commenting, if this doesn't conflict with lore to have him as a tameable animal (I.E. if Bristlebane wouldn't come down and literally prank someone to death for taming his beloved creature or some such), then maybe make Lunchmeat in Guk tameable, and move him to an exotic category?  Makes him harder to tame, and Lunchmeat is just a heroic named, not for a quest if memory serves.  There's also the frozen one on in Vigilant 3 that's just heroic and again I don't think is needed for a quest.  Other then I guess the lore I personally don't see the issues.  But then again the quest for Bristlebane's diety pet does have one getting a Bovoch due to saving a big one, one gets the egg and basically more raises it as a pet/child, not something to tame as a servant.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #75
daalberith

Lord

feldon30 wrote:

daalberith wrote:

I can't figure out multiquote.

Fixed it for you.

You are the awesomest and most unique person ever. Thank you for your special contribution to the world.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #76
Lisail
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Prophecy of Runes

Loremaster

SoE took away Pickles.  (I renamed my meatbeast because Meatbeast sounded too erotic for a chick to run around with).

I log in and see a cow, instead of my best friend EVER in this entire effing game.  That is, after I drop ALL THAT PRETTY MONEY.. on your freakin' preorder.

I despise you, and I quit.  I know people at sony could care less, and a lot of people LOL at the thought of someone quitting the game over something so lame (to you), but the only reason I came back to EQ2 was for Beastlord and the Meatbeast.  I'm not the same Beastlord without Pickles.  I've played since launch, and before that EQ1, and I'm bored of EQ2 and miserable, but at least watching Meatbeast fight was worth logging in every day to try to level my BL.  Not to mention the thought of being all big and bad with Pickles (meatbeast) in DoV was just exciting.  Now I have to pretend this stupid cow is somehow even half as exciting.  No thanks.  I'm done.  <3

TAKE AWAY THE DUCK TOO!  If you're going to be pricks and take away my Pickles.  ):<

Lisail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:28 PM   #77
Troubor

Loremaster

Location: My Felwithe Mansion (and a couple other smaller homes), currently.

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

SoE took away Pickles.  (I renamed my meatbeast because Meatbeast sounded too erotic for a chick to run around with).

I log in and see a cow, instead of my best friend EVER in this entire effing game.  That is, after I drop ALL THAT PRETTY MONEY.. on your freakin' preorder.

I despise you, and I quit.  I know people at sony could care less, and a lot of people LOL at the thought of someone quitting the game over something so lame (to you), but the only reason I came back to EQ2 was for Beastlord and the Meatbeast.  I'm not the same Beastlord without Pickles.  I've played since launch, and before that EQ1, and I'm bored of EQ2 and miserable, but at least watching Meatbeast fight was worth logging in every day to try to level my BL.  Not to mention the thought of being all big and bad with Pickles (meatbeast) in DoV was just exciting.  Now I have to pretend this stupid cow is somehow even half as exciting.  No thanks.  I'm done.  <3

TAKE AWAY THE DUCK TOO!  If you're going to be pricks and take away my Pickles.  ):<

Already commented in your other thread, and I'm honestly not trying to troll..but there is the Bristlebane diety pet.  No not the same, but at least a small one follows you.  I have him on two characters, if you do RP (I see you're on AB) and need a RP reason but don't want to worship Bristlebane in character, you can always just say you saved one and Bristlebane let you keep one around as a friend despite not following him.  What I did, IC my character follows Tunare and Mitnaniel Marr, only follows Bristlebane OOCly.

Anyway, guess you need to know what would make you want to quit.  IMO you're WAY overreacting, but it's also up to you.  There might be things that would make me /ragequit that others would find minor at best too.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #78
Mystfit

Loremaster

I said I wasn't gonig to post anymore, but I do feel obliged to comment on the Diety pet. I have him, it's not the same. I do appreciate, though, your trying to find a means of making the sad BL's smile again and not out-right dismissing it as silliness SMILEY That was kind of you. In my perfect world, I wanted a Meatbeast mount, with a Meatbeast warder and a Meatbeast diety pet...yes, I'm that sad SMILEY

Old 12-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #79
simianthief

Lord

Not rage quiting, but this is rediculous.  If you didn't want it tamable, you should have taken note of the posts on the boards when it erupted in laughter and cheers that we could tame it.  

Give us a new catagory "Humorous" and let us tame the goofy animals you've put into the game yourself.  Just seems so wrong for you to do this to us.  Fix it.  

simianthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:40 PM   #80
Elomort

Loremaster

I still don't understand the "We don't want it tamable" excuse. If this were the case then people would not have Bristlebane deity pets.

If it has to be a lore reason then let Beastlords do a quest to obtain a Meatbeast Warder with the blessing of Bristlebane.

Beastlords have a synergistic affinity with their warders what better group of people to bask in Bristlebane's favour?

But, it seems SOE thinks "Bah, Humbug" and takes away our fun for no good reason at all.

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Elomort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #81
Lisail

Loremaster

I guess I could be pegged as overreacting, but really, it just seems right to me.  I've played for so long that this new class was the one thing that brought me back after quitting several months ago, and though fun, it's still the same ole' thing.  EQ2 is a *great* game, with a lot of content, it's just that I've done most of it.  Meatbeast was a fun turn of events that kept me playing even longer; it's just inevitable that I would've left again anyway, but this decision by Dev's to take Meatbeast away after we've been playing with him for a while now is the icing on the cake.

Tired of BS decisions that make no sense; as though they simply want to take away the cool things, or the fun things.  Meatbeast as a pet never hurt anyone or anything.  I'm not asking anyone to be sad for me, just stating it how I see it.  And yes, I'm aware most companies operate like Sony.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #82
Elomort

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Tired of BS decisions that make no sense; as though they simply want to take away the cool things, or the fun things. 

I agree, this is hugely heavy handed of ttobey - who always seems to be that main developer against calls for Meatbeast jumpers and the like.

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:02 PM   #83
ttobey

Developer

I just make them moooooove! 

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

ttobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #84
Elomort

Loremaster

ttobey wrote:

Can't you see the fun SOE are taking away from us for no good reason?

Old 12-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #85
Lisail

Loremaster

So, ttobey - can we have him back?  And if not, why not?  Why you gotta' be mean for?  (Yes, I type in slang).

Old 12-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #86
Lempo

Loremaster

ttobey wrote:

I remember a post/reply one time... "Perhaps I should be coding" lol.

I also think that this thread title needs to be changed because it is no longer true and might be misleading. lawlz. Ah the irony of someone who in all actuality broke the NDA posting an in your face brag about taming something that they obviously thought might not be tameable, the first reply voicing that same opinion and BLAMO problem sovled. Too funny.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #87
SOE-MOD-08

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50009...post_id=5689011 Insults.
SOE-MOD-08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:13 PM   #88
Neskonlith

Loremaster

You guys are being bull-headed and stampeding up the wrong tree: Team MWAM adds fun stuff to the game, not responsible for remooooooving it.

ttobey shouldn't be branded as a meatbeast rustler!

"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."

- Apocalypse Gnome
Neskonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #89
Elomort

Loremaster

Neskonlith wrote:

ttobey shouldn't be branded as a meatbeast rustler!

Then, if not ttobey... who is the Grinch, the Scrooge?

Old 12-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #90
ttobey

Developer

Gninja

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

ttobey is offline   Reply With Quote