EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-26-2011, 08:01 AM   #1
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster

As mentioned on the EQ2 main page, Feburary 27th will be "Loot Bonanza Day" on which, "all named monsters will drop loot at 100% probability. Rare mobs will have doubled loot drop chances."

So, which items will you be hunting for? Got anything specific in mind that you've always wanted but never had the motivation to camp? Do you have a specific prize in mind, or will you just run as many zones as you can to take advantage of "quantity over quality?"

Old 02-26-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
Lethe5683

Loremaster

Well there isn't really anything from the old expansion that I still want and I still don't know what loot there is in the new expansion. I'm just going to run as many zones as possible and see what I get.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
Kunaak

Loremaster

literally every instance item there is from the old expansion is total junk.

low resists, low crit, low DA, weak procs, little to no crit bonus or potency. if you take a day like this, and waste it running vasty zones, or something like that - your better off just logging off and watching TV, as that would be slightly more productive.

Kunaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
Detor

Loremaster

What's it really going to do though?  I mean, all new named drop loot 100% of the time anyway.  Does it mean if a mob has a FABLED drop it's absolutely guaranteed to drop it?  

Detor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:49 PM   #5
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster

Kunaak wrote:

literally every instance item there is from the old expansion is total junk.

low resists, low crit, low DA, weak procs, little to no crit bonus or potency. if you take a day like this, and waste it running vasty zones, or something like that - your better off just logging off and watching TV, as that would be slightly more productive.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with this. Any fighter should be looking to get as much Stonewill as they can, and a bit of Blood Ritual doesn't hurt anybody, either!

Old 02-27-2011, 08:13 AM   #6
Krilinye

Loremaster

Detor wrote:

What's it really going to do though?  I mean, all new named drop loot 100% of the time anyway.  Does it mean if a mob has a FABLED drop it's absolutely guaranteed to drop it?

If nameds before had a 25% chance to drop fabled, it would prolly now be like 50%.

Trash will also have a bigger chance to drop stuff it would seem.

To alcohol! The cause of - and solution to - all of life's problems!
Krilinye is offline   Reply With Quote