EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Look and Feel
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2011, 04:48 AM   #61
Lethe5683

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,351
Default

Eugam wrote:

What female character need most atm is a [Removed for Content] slider. Its beyond insane. I looted a few nice chest items i d like to use as appearance. But not with those B's.  The female models have very thin legs already. I guess due to armor models. However, their bodies are out of proportion and as we all know its symetry and proportion. And in anime and comics some females have big B's for a reason. It is part of their character. But in EQ2 we are forced...

Are you complaining that [Removed for Content] are too big or that they are too small?

I am not prude. Just dont forget some kind of shoes on the "sexy" female outfits. There is no reason to go to cella and a few other places without shoes

The lack of shoes looks good on certain race(s) especially due to how ugly most shoes are in this game, but I agree it does look pretty strange on humans/elfs.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #62
Dramira
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster
Dramira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 118
Default

That annoys me too, that the dresses dont have shoes, haha.

Dramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #63
DrkVsr

Loremaster
DrkVsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Land of the Short Brown Kiwi
Posts: 2,041
Default

Titigabe wrote:

DrkVsr wrote:
Here's the link to the armour ah mentioned above: http://eq2.zam.com/Im/image/gallery/187282

The sword looks fantastic as well, but, is that some kind of shield on her left arm?

Is the armor the girl is wearing something players will be able to wear when Velious launch or is it just a mob design? Because I know that mobs usally get better looking armors than those players can have (example: Crushbone Orcs!)

Going by the latest screenshots, that looks like Tserrina, so once again we get to look at nice armour that we can never get ourselves

__________________
V`Wak N`Ron: Teir`Dassin of the 56th Order, Gods of Najena
Htaed Ybdehcuotnu: Gnecro of the 40th Order, Gods of Najena
Phoendi Phyres: Eru-Din of the 28th Order, Gods of Najena
Kilitty: Kemplar of the 30th Order, Gods of Najena
Zabisuto Zyhopic: Guktassin of 27th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Tralgarth: Trollsionist of the 28th Order, SoG on Butcherblock {2nd on Server}
Blacqphlag Killzphast: Arserker of the 20th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Hwalgren N`Gareen: Faeden of the 20th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Reynes: Wooden Mule of the 7th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock

You can kill me, but you will not stop me
Ah can be killed, but ah will not die!
DrkVsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:46 AM   #64
CorpseGoddess

Loremaster
CorpseGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,774
Default

[email protected] wrote:

" />

I'm so BAD with getting pics to load in right **sigh**  This is one of my girls from Warhammer Online..needless to say she's Destro ie badgirl lol  But I LOOOOOVE the outfits they have

" />

My other bad girl...to show not ALL have to be skanky...Love this look too Devs PLEEEEEEEASE note the LONG HAIR too

" />

One of my "good" girls...Love this look to ...all armor is able to be COLOR CUSTOMIZED too

As we see here with the red look on my Dwarf Engineer...again devs NOTE THE HAIR

" />

" />

" />

I absolutely adore the outfits in WAR---they totally scream "fantasy MMO" to me, which is one of the reasons I play these things---to wear outfits on my toons I wouldn't (or couldn't) wear IRL.  I'd love to see something like these in EQ2.

__________________
CorpseGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:45 AM   #65
WeatherMan

Loremaster
WeatherMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 772
Default

[email protected] DLere wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Eugam wrote:

What female character need most atm is a [Removed for Content] slider. Its beyond insane. I looted a few nice chest items i d like to use as appearance. But not with those B's.  The female models have very thin legs already. I guess due to armor models. However, their bodies are out of proportion and as we all know its symetry and proportion. And in anime and comics some females have big B's for a reason. It is part of their character. But in EQ2 we are forced...

I totally agree on the B slider, cause on most of the models they are to small for the toons frame.  As for the shoes I could go either way on it, would they be nice yes, are they necessary IMO no.

Are you insane? The bazoombas on everything except Iksar and Ratonga women are vastly oversized. Only the silicon-enhanced normally have breastage the same size as their heads! My Halasian girls haven't seen their own feet since puberty!

Hehe...yeah, I do like Halasian gals. 

In all seriousness, barbarians (barboobians?) are, to my eye, the only ones with a bust issue (and erudite females in SOGA, which I use simply to tell the genders of the Roswell Bum-Probers apart).  I suspect, however, that there would be little to no issue if there were appropriate outfits, particularly had they existed in late 2004, and they could have designed the size scales accordingly.  As it is, a bustline without armor is very close to the same size as a bustline in full plate (in-game, that is), and add to that the fact that the game has graphics issues.  Lots of them.  Not so much in what's there, but what cannot be added any further.

Bustline sliders would also be a mixed blessing - people with a sense of what overly large chests entail would likely not appreciate the inevitable twin basketballs some folks would slap on their toons.  I mean, a barbarian, maybe even a dwarf or halfling, is one thing - but I do not think I would be able to stop laughing for some time if I saw a fae or an arasai with a pair of boulders over their ribcage.  And gods forbid they give that to iksar or sarnak .

Regardless of the sartorial improvements they may or may not make, I'm of the opinion that bust-wise, what you see is what you get.  And will get nothing else.

__________________
"The graveyards are full of indispensable men."



- Charles De Gaulle
WeatherMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:01 PM   #66
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny
Rank: Champion

Loremaster
Avirodar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,035
Default

I can recall two seperate occasions when players were pushing hard for a "skeleton model revamp". The reason why, is that SOE stated that such a revamp would allow them to not just make better looking equipment, but do so faster as well (double-win). At one point there was several months where SOE was making claims to working on the model revamp, then one day the announcement was made that the attempt was a flop, and was being canned. Pity. It was a persuit SOE should have gone through with, not abandon.End of the day, EQ2 is a fantasy based MMO. People should have good options as to how they want to customise the appearance of their character. As a plate cleric (Inquisitor), i'd love to have some better equipment to wear, even if just for appearance. I still use the "Rise of Kunark" Inquisitor set armor... It has been over 2 years now, and everything released since RoK, looks like garbage in comparison (for my purposes). I have very little confidence that plate armor with better appearance will be released in DoV, but can only hope for a miracle. And that is just relating to my character in plate armor. People in all kinds of armor, of both genders, would love some more variety and options. The OP touched on just a small fraction of what SOE could achieve if they improved the core/skeletal model design, and allowed the graphic design team much more dynamic options with what can be done.Not trying to derail, just wanting to point out that a much bigger problem could be addressed, that would allow SOE to make a lot of people happier with the armor they can have on their character.

__________________
Templar of Oasis
Avirodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #67
Jrral

Loremaster
Jrral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,610
Default

[email protected] wrote:

As a plate cleric (Inquisitor), i'd love to have some better equipment to wear, even if just for appearance. I still use the "Rise of Kunark" Inquisitor set armor... It has been over 2 years now, and everything released since RoK, looks like garbage in comparison (for my purposes).

My berserker's still wearing the cobalt (T6) vanguard plate armor for appearance. There's a few of the T9 plate sets that look attractive, but for the most part the old cobalt and ebon sets simply look more like real plate armor. I can hear him looking at those newer sets and growling "Real nice, kid... for standing around on the parade ground impressing the city girls. Case you hadn't noticed, the Vigilant isn't a parade ground and those three mutts ain't gonna be impressed by looks.".

Jrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:50 PM   #68
MurFalad

Loremaster
MurFalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tonbridge, UK
Posts: 1,360
Default

Beef_Supreme wrote:

I think it's just all about options.

Want a chainmail bikini? Good! You should have one.

Want heavy plate that covers every square inch of flesh? Good! You should have that too.

There.

Make both, please.. given the lack of the chainmail bikini type stuff currently in the game, we all know there's a killing to be made on Station Cash if (when, I'd say) they do it.

Personally, I like variety.

But its not a 1 player game, we all are in the same virtual world.  If someone decides to have their avatar live out a weird fetish fantasy and the devs provided the artwork to allow them to, then you'd have to live with it, it does then effect your game.  Especially in an MMO like EQ2 that has appearance gear and thus the look of the MMO is largely in the players hands.

Overall I'd be all for more styles and appearances, but I'd want to see them with some real imagination, chain mail bikini's and school girl dresses are the sort of shallow tacky methods cheapo Chinese F2P games use to attract the young male population.

The current population of EQ2 is a lot more mature, and I think we deserve more imaginative clothing, films have shown some great ideas, history has many clothing styles that would fit great in EQ2 that are unimplemented, moving the graphical look of EQ2 to compete with an already crowded market of shallow mostly anime games sounds like a loser to me.

And I know people keeping going on about how we lack styles, but I've never seen an MMO with as varied, unique and downright cool looking characters as EQ2, the variety of highly detailed races beats anything else I've seen (Frogloks, Ratonga's, Iskar, Sarnak etc). 

Where else can I find a female Ogre shadowknight (a real female playing her), someone who I raid with, the character is seriously cool looking, and looks like she could eat any of these other lesser MMO characters for breakfast!

MurFalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:51 PM   #69
WeatherMan

Loremaster
WeatherMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 772
Default

MurFalad wrote:

Beef_Supreme wrote:

I think it's just all about options.

Want a chainmail bikini? Good! You should have one.

Want heavy plate that covers every square inch of flesh? Good! You should have that too.

There.

Make both, please.. given the lack of the chainmail bikini type stuff currently in the game, we all know there's a killing to be made on Station Cash if (when, I'd say) they do it.

Personally, I like variety.

But its not a 1 player game, we all are in the same virtual world.  If someone decides to have their avatar live out a weird fetish fantasy and the devs provided the artwork to allow them to, then you'd have to live with it, it does then effect your game.  Especially in an MMO like EQ2 that has appearance gear and thus the look of the MMO is largely in the players hands.

Overall I'd be all for more styles and appearances, but I'd want to see them with some real imagination, chain mail bikini's and school girl dresses are the sort of shallow tacky methods cheapo Chinese F2P games use to attract the young male population.

The current population of EQ2 is a lot more mature, and I think we deserve more imaginative clothing, films have shown some great ideas, history has many clothing styles that would fit great in EQ2 that are unimplemented, moving the graphical look of EQ2 to compete with an already crowded market of shallow mostly anime games sounds like a loser to me.

And I know people keeping going on about how we lack styles, but I've never seen an MMO with as varied, unique and downright cool looking characters as EQ2, the variety of highly detailed races beats anything else I've seen (Frogloks, Ratonga's, Iskar, Sarnak etc). 

Where else can I find a female Ogre shadowknight (a real female playing her), someone who I raid with, the character is seriously cool looking, and looks like she could eat any of these other lesser MMO characters for breakfast!

The only issue I would take with your statement revolves around one very central issue.  Namely, who's character is it, anyways?

By that, I mean if Jane wants her paladin or guardian or what have you dressed up in a chainmail bikini - she should have that right.  Who are we to tell her she can't?  I may think it doesn't fit Norrath lore-wise, but when you get down to brass tacks, it's none of my bloody business or say what Jane garbs her toon in.  The decision should be hers.  Period.

I dislike kerra, for example.  Not the people who play them, mind you, but the entire concept behind them.  They are a sop to the 'kitty crowd', as far as I'm concerned (and I disliked Vah Shir as well, back in the day).  BUT...it is not my place to dictate what they can or cannot play, or even to say 'you shouldn't play those kitty-bribes, because it ruins immersion for me'.  I don't have that right, and I would never do that to someone.  It is not my character, and it is absolutely none of my business. 

If it offends me enough (and I am at a stage where very little offends me in an online game), I can simply choose to not be around them, and the same applies to clothing.  If it ruffles your feathers that badly - go someplace else.  You can escape someone else's character.  They, however, cannot escape what their own character wears.

Their character, their choice.  Period.

__________________
"The graveyards are full of indispensable men."



- Charles De Gaulle
WeatherMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:45 PM   #70
Kamimura

Loremaster
Kamimura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,964
Default

DrkVsr wrote:

Titigabe wrote:

DrkVsr wrote:
Here's the link to the armour ah mentioned above: http://eq2.zam.com/Im/image/gallery/187282

The sword looks fantastic as well, but, is that some kind of shield on her left arm?

Is the armor the girl is wearing something players will be able to wear when Velious launch or is it just a mob design? Because I know that mobs usally get better looking armors than those players can have (example: Crushbone Orcs!)

Going by the latest screenshots, that looks like Tserrina, so once again we get to look at nice armour that we can never get ourselves

A dev said that wasn't Tserrina, but no, that's not a PC either so I doubt we'll be wearing that armor.

Kamimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:05 PM   #71
hansomepete

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 229
Default

I'm sure this is in here but I'm sure someone/someone's already posted this summary post:

A) Game's engine doesn't allow that armor    ** great pick then, use a game engine that can't be modified, or takes an arm and a leg and a year to make one wrist item.

B) women don't wear that, this is a fantasy game and if your going into battle who would wear a cahin mail bikini.

** Ok sure I suppose, but it's not real life it's a game which happens to be fantasy. In my fantasy every chick wears chain mail bikinis especialy in battle. Doesn't have to be that extreme but if you look at the freeblood chick on the preorder screen everquest pops up that armor is pretty sexy/revealing as well. PLus it would be magic chainmail anyway so if your really old school AC is AC bud doesn't matter if your boots are -5,000,687AC your still not getting hit. Fantasy Vs reality think you should know it by now. Right now it's simply wow here is NPC dresses that we colored black,blue,red, green and yellow have fun tailors!!

C ) please won't you think of the children? I'm sure it's been thrown out that 12 yr olds play too so your sending the age old standard flavor American responce out" Violence is OK but sex is something dirty, disrespectful and you save it for the one you love. IF they can see someone getting beat up then I would think that seeing a little ab skin on a chick would be nothing.

hansomepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:11 PM   #72
Nayawk

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 159
Default

[email protected] wrote:

I can recall two seperate occasions when players were pushing hard for a "skeleton model revamp". The reason why, is that SOE stated that such a revamp would allow them to not just make better looking equipment, but do so faster as well (double-win). At one point there was several months where SOE was making claims to working on the model revamp, then one day the announcement was made that the attempt was a flop, and was being canned. Pity. It was a persuit SOE should have gone through with, not abandon.

If I remember correctly it was stated the revamp was dropped because they couldn't get it to work without fundimentally changing the look of player characters.  I can just imagine the fury these boards would see if it had gone ahead and people logged in to see their 5 year old character suddenly looking very much not like themselves. The complaining about people being about to view original models as soga and not as the player intended is bad enough... this would have been seen as the end times.

As for chainmail bikinis...I'm not a fan, I like the level of semi realism that EQ2 has, but I would be open to more revealing dresses and formal/casual clothing that anyone can wear rather than armour. 

Nayawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:04 PM   #73
Lethe5683

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,351
Default

hansomepete wrote:

C ) please won't you think of the children? I'm sure it's been thrown out that 12 yr olds play too so your sending the age old standard flavor American responce out" Violence is OK but sex is something dirty, disrespectful and you save it for the one you love. IF they can see someone getting beat up then I would think that seeing a little ab skin on a chick would be nothing.

This game is not designed for 12 year olds, anything that might be "offensive" to them is 100% the reponsability of the person who registered the account for them.

Nayawk wrote:

If I remember correctly it was stated the revamp was dropped because they couldn't get it to work without fundimentally changing the look of player characters.  I can just imagine the fury these boards would see if it had gone ahead and people logged in to see their 5 year old character suddenly looking very much not like themselves. The complaining about people being about to view original models as soga and not as the player intended is bad enough... this would have been seen as the end times.

The whole point of the skeletal revamp was to change the appearance and animation of characters so I don't understand why characters looking different would be an issue.  I think the real reason they canceled it was because it turned out to be more complicated than they thought and they didn't feel like doing it.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:07 PM   #74
Lethe5683

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,351
Default

Edit: Accidental double post.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #75
Nayawk

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 159
Default

Lethe5683 wrote:

The whole point of the skeletal revamp was to change the appearance and animation of characters so I don't understand why characters looking different would be an issue.  I think the real reason they canceled it was because it turned out to be more complicated than they thought and they didn't feel like doing it.

My understanding was the point of it was to change the underlaying skellie system, hinge point etc without changing the outwards toon appearance, so it was a change but a change they hoped you wouldn't see.  

I am willing to take the devs reasons for the canning of the revamp at face value, rather than assume that something that would cut work load in the long run was scrapped because they couldn't be bothered.

Nayawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #76
Lethe5683

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,351
Default

Nayawk wrote:

Lethe5683 wrote:

The whole point of the skeletal revamp was to change the appearance and animation of characters so I don't understand why characters looking different would be an issue.  I think the real reason they canceled it was because it turned out to be more complicated than they thought and they didn't feel like doing it.

My understanding was the point of it was to change the underlaying skellie system, hinge point etc without changing the outwards toon appearance, so it was a change but a change they hoped you wouldn't see.  

I am willing to take the devs reasons for the canning of the revamp at face value, rather than assume that something that would cut work load in the long run was scrapped because they couldn't be bothered.

Which would be nigh impossible to do without changing animations and I assumed they would be upgrading the graphical quality of the models at the same time which would be sure to change appearance.  I can't be certain however what they meant by changing appearance because it could have been something bad but they gave such a generic response that you can take it many ways.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:06 PM   #77
CorpseGoddess

Loremaster
CorpseGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,774
Default

Okay, here is a brand-new image from the Final Fantasy XIII-2 trailer.  THIS is the type of armour I'd love to see.  I don't think anybody could argue that it's "skanky", personally...

__________________
CorpseGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:07 AM   #78
DrkVsr

Loremaster
DrkVsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Land of the Short Brown Kiwi
Posts: 2,041
Default

[email protected] wrote:

DrkVsr wrote:
Titigabe wrote:
DrkVsr wrote:
Here's the link to the armour ah mentioned above: http://eq2.zam.com/Im/image/gallery/187282

The sword looks fantastic as well, but, is that some kind of shield on her left arm?

Is the armor the girl is wearing something players will be able to wear when Velious launch or is it just a mob design? Because I know that mobs usally get better looking armors than those players can have (example: Crushbone Orcs!)

Going by the latest screenshots, that looks like Tserrina, so once again we get to look at nice armour that we can never get ourselves

A dev said that wasn't Tserrina, but no, that's not a PC either so I doubt we'll be wearing that armor.

If it's not Tserrina, then who the front-bumpers is it? One of her handmaidens?

__________________
V`Wak N`Ron: Teir`Dassin of the 56th Order, Gods of Najena
Htaed Ybdehcuotnu: Gnecro of the 40th Order, Gods of Najena
Phoendi Phyres: Eru-Din of the 28th Order, Gods of Najena
Kilitty: Kemplar of the 30th Order, Gods of Najena
Zabisuto Zyhopic: Guktassin of 27th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Tralgarth: Trollsionist of the 28th Order, SoG on Butcherblock {2nd on Server}
Blacqphlag Killzphast: Arserker of the 20th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Hwalgren N`Gareen: Faeden of the 20th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Reynes: Wooden Mule of the 7th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock

You can kill me, but you will not stop me
Ah can be killed, but ah will not die!
DrkVsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:38 PM   #79
Kikiriki
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Knights of Freeport
Rank: Lady Commander

Loremaster
Kikiriki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 130
Default

Please let me know if you can't read my crappo handwriting. Not the best at writing with a tablet. But yes, I kept in mind the current clothing we have in the game when I drew these.

__________________


Sig by me!
Kikiriki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #80
WeatherMan

Loremaster
WeatherMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 772
Default

Hehe...not that anyone has ever asked for bandaids and fig leaves, but hey, if that's what floats your boat, go for it.

That aside, there are some good ideas in those drawings.  Meaning that you can expect SOE will expertly and studiously ignore all of it.  Just as it expertly and studiously ignores a majority of what people on the forums say.

__________________
"The graveyards are full of indispensable men."



- Charles De Gaulle
WeatherMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:40 AM   #81
Kikiriki
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Knights of Freeport
Rank: Lady Commander

Loremaster
Kikiriki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 130
Default

The last one was purely sarcastic.

But yeah, with skirts... wouldn't making the skirt wider solve the clipping issues we have now with the flappydresses? if the brim goes out as high as the knee does mid run, wouldn't that fix it?  I don't know a lot about 3D modeling but that seems kinda simple these days.

I think it's just a matter of "we don't want to do it."

__________________


Sig by me!
Kikiriki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #82
Lethe5683

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,351
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

The last one was purely sarcastic.

But yeah, with skirts... wouldn't making the skirt wider solve the clipping issues we have now with the flappydresses? if the brim goes out as high as the knee does mid run, wouldn't that fix it?  I don't know a lot about 3D modeling but that seems kinda simple these days.

I think it's just a matter of "we don't want to do it."

The skirt idea is a good solution to the clipping issue that SOE is apparently so bothered by.  Although it does not seem that they care about clipping in other situations.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #83
Zin`Car

General
Zin`Car's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Neriak - Third Gate
Posts: 612
Default

consider Armor stylized from Aion.

`nuff said

here are just a few meager examples: http://aion.mmosite.com/guide/suit.shtml

__________________
The problem with humanity is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Zin`Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #84
Lethe5683

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,351
Default

[email protected] DLere wrote:

consider Armor stylized from Aion.

`nuff said

here are just a few meager examples: http://aion.mmosite.com/guide/suit.shtml

That doesn't look very good either.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:54 PM   #85
Zin`Car

General
Zin`Car's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Neriak - Third Gate
Posts: 612
Default

you have to see it ingame.  i'll take some screenies and post them.  remember, i did say, "meager".

__________________
The problem with humanity is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Zin`Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:22 AM   #86
Kikiriki
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Knights of Freeport
Rank: Lady Commander

Loremaster
Kikiriki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 130
Default

Lethe5683 wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

The last one was purely sarcastic.

But yeah, with skirts... wouldn't making the skirt wider solve the clipping issues we have now with the flappydresses? if the brim goes out as high as the knee does mid run, wouldn't that fix it?  I don't know a lot about 3D modeling but that seems kinda simple these days.

I think it's just a matter of "we don't want to do it."

The skirt idea is a good solution to the clipping issue that SOE is apparently so bothered by.  Although it does not seem that they care about clipping in other situations.

YES! I hate that so much!!

__________________


Sig by me!
Kikiriki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:24 PM   #87
Arbreth

Loremaster
Arbreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 604
Default

<3 Kiki

My girls would wear any of these (ok, maybe only a couple the figleaf...), but the style is nice, easy, feminine without fear of being taken for a streetwalker.   Ok, I like the dresses we have in game to a point and do not have any issue with more colors textures of them, but variety in something other than color would be nice. 

Arbreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #88
Aelfan

Lord
Aelfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 162
Default

[email protected] wrote:

 why cant we have BEAUTIFUL armor?

I would have to say that quite a lot of the armour I have seen in the game is impractical anyway. The designs wouldn't last ten minutes on a real battlefield (wearing the dark elf heritage armour? I could take you out with a walking stick and you wouldn't even know i was there), and besides, when you are adventuring, and harvesting, and crafting, what is the point of looking like a tank with a bucket on your head? I'd say that all my people generally go for appearrance, and you can't tell if the toon is protected by plate or healing. If we must have the absurdly pneumatic fantasy breasts, why not have fantasy armour to go with it? Personally, I would like to see more historical armour! I'd love to have my pallly dress like he was in 300! Okay, that's not actually historical, but a real Greek hoplite, or a Roman centurion, or a Samurai! Or, naked and painted blue! That would be cool. And tattoos! Never mind the outfit on the fortune teller, how about her cute tats?

Aelfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:45 PM   #89
Zin`Car

General
Zin`Car's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Neriak - Third Gate
Posts: 612
Default

Aelfan wrote:

I would have to say that quite a lot of the armour I have seen in the game is impractical anyway. The designs wouldn't last ten minutes on a real battlefield (wearing the dark elf heritage armour? I could take you out with a walking stick and you wouldn't even know i was there), and besides, when you are adventuring, and harvesting, and crafting, what is the point of looking like a tank with a bucket on your head? I'd say that all my people generally go for appearrance, and you can't tell if the toon is protected by plate or healing. If we must have the absurdly pneumatic fantasy breasts, why not have fantasy armour to go with it? Personally, I would like to see more historical armour! I'd love to have my pallly dress like he was in 300! Okay, that's not actually historical, but a real Greek hoplite, or a Roman centurion, or a Samurai! Or, naked and painted blue! That would be cool. And tattoos! Never mind the outfit on the fortune teller, how about her cute tats?

the dark elf would have spitted you with your walking stick before you even began to think about attacking.

Seriously though... making comments and remarks about the impracticality of fantasy world mechanics in a real world environment couldn't epitomize any greater example of an Alpha and Omega Epic Fail.

__________________
The problem with humanity is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Zin`Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:15 PM   #90
Aelfan

Lord
Aelfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 162
Default

[email protected] DLere wrote:

the dark elf would have spitted you with your walking stick before you even began to think about attacking.

Seriously though... making comments and remarks about the impracticality of fantasy world mechanics in a real world environment couldn't epitomize any greater example of an Alpha and Omega Epic Fail.

Yeah, I don't think so. Anyone with the most rudimentary knowledge of the history of personal armour would see that, but anyone that would question my ability with a walking stick clearly is not talking from knowledge.

My point is a retort to those that have questioned "fantasy" armour that displays a lot of flesh, but in truth it is all fantasy armour, and all equally impractical. Why not just allow the ladies to be beautiful if they wish?

Aelfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:20 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.