EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-24-2010, 02:03 AM   #31
trovan2

Loremaster

I jump off the cliff with featherfall and use escape when im far enough.

Awesome to see freeps that jump after me and forget to equip their featherfall, even better when I get credit for it.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:42 PM   #32
Brimestar

Loremaster

Easy fix...If someone engages pvp combat and kills themself (via cliff diving) they should update....And the way you do that is have the update be zone wide.

Create your Profile at MyArmedForces.com.

Brimestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:51 PM   #33
Edavi

Loremaster

Haha they cannot make updates zone wide Brime SMILEY thats a whole other can of worms.

BUT they have stated that being forced into PVP combat IS a bug, so the cliff diving should stop and the running away should resume.

At first I didnt like the forced into PVP bug, but I am kind of warming up to it.  It doesnt throw you into PVP combat for too long, and in situations where I needed to run, I was still able to throw up sprint and get the heck out of there!  But it has also encouraged me to fight in situations where I would have normally run, and I as a result I have won more battles than I would have.

Heck you dont lose anything from death in this game, and the game is so easy now that you can usually revive within 100 meters of where you were.  Then the person who killed you will usually leave you alone out of respect since youre no longer worth an update.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:01 PM   #34
Sprin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: L U S H

General

Brimestar wrote:

Easy fix...If someone engages pvp combat and kills themself (via cliff diving) they should update....And the way you do that is have the update be zone wide.

zone wide god spells next?!?!

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:03 PM   #35
Eboncross
Guild: Holy War

Loremaster

slothmister wrote:

I have noticed this too.

Q's seem to commit suicide rather than fight. They also run at the first sight of a Freep not scared to pvp.

I have had a group of 2 lv88 Q's run from me (84 lock at the time) rather than engage. Why???

Freeps probably do this too but I do not see this as I only play freep.

Yea its you little freepies too buddy. This one freep attacked me and bit off a little more then he could chew. I was whooping his butt and he ran and jumped sigh. If they are beating you take your loss like a champ and dont coward away its not like you lose fame. Ooh its my PVP record well it dont mean anything if we all know you run when you lose. I understand questers jumping so not to lose thier plat, but doing it because you initiate a fight and end up losing is lame!

Eboncross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #36
Saihung23

Loremaster

What about scouts who jump off the cliff and hit escape?

Old 02-25-2010, 03:19 PM   #37
Cephalic

Loremaster

i just jump off after them hold spacebar to drop to there level and kill them in mid air when they think there safe before they have a chance to die or whatever
Cephalic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:11 PM   #38
Sadussa

Loremaster

slothmister wrote:

I have noticed this too.

Q's seem to commit suicide rather than fight. They also run at the first sight of a Freep not scared to pvp.

I have had a group of 2 lv88 Q's run from me (84 lock at the time) rather than engage. Why???

Freeps probably do this too but I do not see this as I only play freep.

uggh why do people insist cliff jumping or anything bad is isolated to one faction?  Seriously?  Have u guys not figured it out yet? The player base is virtualy the same, u have the same players with toons on both sides.  If you think that one faction is any more or less nobel then the other then maybe u should seek proffesional help.  Its not the faction its the players.

Sadussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:15 PM   #39
max.power

Loremaster

Sadussa wrote:

uggh why do people insist cliff jumping or anything bad is isolated to one faction?  Seriously?  Have u guys not figured it out yet? The player base is virtualy the same, u have the same players with toons on both sides.  If you think that one faction is any more or less nobel then the other then maybe u should seek proffesional help.  Its not the faction its the players.

That's not true! On character select you have to answer some questions about your playstyle, e.g. Do you like to run away? Are you a coward? Do you only fight in stacked groups? Will you call for reinforcement if your faction is losing?

Based on this questions your alignment will be chosen. True story, checked recently

max.power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:21 PM   #40
Taldier
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

All they need to do is fix the combat mechanics so that people dont drop out of combat before they die from falling.

Of course then we'll probably just see the same old client-side exploit from kos making a revival among the jumpers.

Taldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:22 PM   #41
Death0Matic

Loremaster

Only problem with cliff jumping now is how fast people get out of combat.  With some type of float u will never be in combat when u jump off (unless there is a dot on you but even then sometimes) and die.  I've been fighting a priest before with the pvp fear ring and after getting a 3s fear have been out of combat.  In between 4s dots i get out of combat.  So with the amount of time it takes someone to die after they jump you will very rarely get updates after they jump as you will no longer be in combat with them.

Death0Matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:00 PM   #42
riid

Journeyman

haha pretty sure we have a screenshot of you cliff diving the other night brimestar

riid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:09 PM   #43
Duotang

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Brimestar wrote:

zone wide god spells next?!?!

ROFL!

I wonder how old Brimefail is doing these days without his deity?

Duotang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #44
asaron

Loremaster

still owning without them i see him in  stonebrunt daily wipeing the floor with q

Old 03-01-2010, 12:54 PM   #45
Diamonds

Lord

To the original post:

This game has a set of rules.  If people are smart enough to implement the game mechanics to best suite them then they should be free to do whatever they want.  If it's allowed in the game, it's not cheating.  Have you heard of fight or flight?  It's just instincts dude.  If they're running away from you, then you probably caught them off guard or there could be a million other reasons for them to flee such as forgetting to bank.

Diamonds is offline   Reply With Quote