EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Monk
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2009, 01:37 AM   #1
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster
The_Cheeseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,285
Default

I have seen a few folks talking about the differences between the two T3 shard armor sets that we monks have access to. Specifically, I am referring to the Elemental Infused set (known generally as the "DPS Set") and the Lava Lotus set (known as the "Tank Set"), both from Ward of Elements. I was curious as to the exact differences, so I totalled the bonuses from each set to see what they really gave, overall. I will list my findings here to facilitate discussion.Both sets share the same total values for the following attributes:Mitigation +2,300Critical Mitigation +45vs.Heat +2,058vs.Cold +2,058vs.Magic +2,856vs.Mental +2,058vs.Divine +1,260vs.Disease +2,058vs.Poison +2,058Elemental Infused setStr +419 (+389 w/o set bonuses)Sta +196Wis +112Health +1,345Power +675Crushing +15Defense +4In-Combat Power Regen +20Attack.Speed +5DPS Mod +21Melee Crit Chance +13Double Attack Chance +8Combat Art Damage +290Base Combat Art Damage +15 (+9 w/o set bonuses)Lava Lotus setStr +195 (+165 w/o set bonuses)Sta +330Agi +137Wis +20Health +2,325 (+1,575 w/o set bonuses)Power +900Defense +18Deflection +26In-Combat Power Regen +28Attack Speed +3Melee Crit Chance +22Double Attack Chance +8Combat Art Damage +70Base Combat Art Damage +8Mitigation Increase +3Extra Riposte Chance +12 (+6 w/o set bonuses)The DifferencesStrength: Elemental Infused +224Stamina: Lava Lotus +134Agility: Lava Lotus +137Wisdom: Elemental Infused +92Health: Lava Lotus +980 (+230 w/o set bonuses)Power: Lava Lotus +225Crushing: Elemental Infused +15Defense: Lava Lotus +14Deflection: Lava Lotus +26In-Combat Power Regeneration: Lava Lotus +8Attack Speed: Elemental Infused +2DPS Mod: Elemental Infused +21Melee Crit Chance: Lava Lotus +9Combat Art Damage: Elemental Infused +220Base Combat Art Damage: Elemental Infused +7 (+1 w/o set bonuses)Mitigation Increase: Lava Lotus +3Extra Riposte Chance: Lava Lotus +12 (+6 w/o set bonuses)Elemental Infused ProsStrength +224Wisdom +92Crushing +15Attack Speed +2DPS Mod +21Combat Art Damage +220Base Combat Art Damage +7 (+1 w/o set bonuses)Lava Lotus ProsStamina +134Agility +137Health +980 (+230 w/o set bonuses)Power +225Defense +14Deflection +26In-Combat Power Regeneration +8Melee Crit Chance +9Mitigation Increase +3Extra Riposte Chance +12 (+6 w/o set bonuses)

__________________
The_Cheeseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:19 AM   #2
BChizzle

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,095
Default

Combat Art Damage +290Base Combat Art Damage +15 (+9 w/o set bonuses)

end of story.

BChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
Ambrin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Members

Loremaster
Ambrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 391
Default

I farmed WoE for a full set of the tanking gear, it has the best appearance for monk armour in my opinion.

Other than that the DPS set is probably better better for a brawler for most of the content a brawler will come up against. If I didn't have any raid / PvP gear and I was asked to tank anything outside of heroic content I would use the tanking set because it will help with our survivability, and when you aren't running in a geared out group every bit will count. As far as agro is concerned, that is what dirges, coercers, and classes with hate transfers help you with - making single target agro trivial.

__________________
___________________________

Ambrin - 92 Monk / 92 Tailor / 320 AA

Ambryn - 92 Dirge / 320 AA

Visjeer - 92 Necromancer

Oryn - 90 Inquisitor
Ambrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:35 PM   #4
BChizzle

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,095
Default

[email protected] wrote:

I farmed WoE for a full set of the tanking gear, it has the best appearance for monk armour in my opinion.

Other than that the DPS set is probably better better for a brawler for most of the content a brawler will come up against. If I didn't have any raid / PvP gear and I was asked to tank anything outside of heroic content I would use the tanking set because it will help with our survivability, and when you aren't running in a geared out group every bit will count. As far as agro is concerned, that is what dirges, coercers, and classes with hate transfers help you with - making single target agro trivial.

Combat Art Damage +290Base Combat Art Damage +15 (+9 w/o set bonuses)

Again this is going to make you take less damage in any fight then any of the advantages from the tank set.  You are looking at probably 500+ dmg per second more, if stuff dies before it hits you you are a better tank for it, plus it dies faster.

BChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:17 PM   #5
Ambrin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Members

Loremaster
Ambrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 391
Default

BChizzle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I farmed WoE for a full set of the tanking gear, it has the best appearance for monk armour in my opinion.

Other than that the DPS set is probably better better for a brawler for most of the content a brawler will come up against. If I didn't have any raid / PvP gear and I was asked to tank anything outside of heroic content I would use the tanking set because it will help with our survivability, and when you aren't running in a geared out group every bit will count. As far as agro is concerned, that is what dirges, coercers, and classes with hate transfers help you with - making single target agro trivial.

Combat Art Damage +290Base Combat Art Damage +15 (+9 w/o set bonuses)

Again this is going to make you take less damage in any fight then any of the advantages from the tank set.  You are looking at probably 500+ dmg per second more, if stuff dies before it hits you you are a better tank for it, plus it dies faster.

If that were completely true you may as well just have an assassin tank. If you are following progression and have an entire raid doing WoE starting with T2 gear and maybe the odd piece of T3 here and there and you had brought a brawler along for the purpose of tanking, than I believe the tanking set is the better choice for that brawler.

I do understand your point, the faster stuff dies the less it hits you and the less damage you take. The problem with that is if you get hit with a large burst. If you live through it than yeah, the DPS set will help you out more. If you don't than you will probably want to put on the tanking set so that when that burst comes by the next time around you live through it. When you and your raid have the gear for everyone to go full offensive and breeze through the zone than you certainly want everyone doing max DPS, but when you are just starting out you really want to make sure you can take the hits.

__________________
___________________________

Ambrin - 92 Monk / 92 Tailor / 320 AA

Ambryn - 92 Dirge / 320 AA

Visjeer - 92 Necromancer

Oryn - 90 Inquisitor
Ambrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #6
BChizzle

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,095
Default

[email protected] wrote:

BChizzle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I farmed WoE for a full set of the tanking gear, it has the best appearance for monk armour in my opinion.

Other than that the DPS set is probably better better for a brawler for most of the content a brawler will come up against. If I didn't have any raid / PvP gear and I was asked to tank anything outside of heroic content I would use the tanking set because it will help with our survivability, and when you aren't running in a geared out group every bit will count. As far as agro is concerned, that is what dirges, coercers, and classes with hate transfers help you with - making single target agro trivial.

Combat Art Damage +290Base Combat Art Damage +15 (+9 w/o set bonuses)

Again this is going to make you take less damage in any fight then any of the advantages from the tank set.  You are looking at probably 500+ dmg per second more, if stuff dies before it hits you you are a better tank for it, plus it dies faster.

If that were completely true you may as well just have an assassin tank. If you are following progression and have an entire raid doing WoE starting with T2 gear and maybe the odd piece of T3 here and there and you had brought a brawler along for the purpose of tanking, than I believe the tanking set is the better choice for that brawler.

I do understand your point, the faster stuff dies the less it hits you and the less damage you take. The problem with that is if you get hit with a large burst. If you live through it than yeah, the DPS set will help you out more. If you don't than you will probably want to put on the tanking set so that when that burst comes by the next time around you live through it. When you and your raid have the gear for everyone to go full offensive and breeze through the zone than you certainly want everyone doing max DPS, but when you are just starting out you really want to make sure you can take the hits.

Please don't compare an assasin to a monk when it comes to tanking, for one their big stuff needs to be chained and its just not happening that way if you are tanking, two they dont take hits like us, this type of crap comparisons is exactly why monks always feel like they are getting the short end of the stick.  Now using WOE as an example, you realize that WOE is an AE centric zone and that if you are tanking it and not using the base damage from the DPS set you are seriously crippling your ae agro and being pretty much an ineffective tank right?  Well good luck with that, me for one Ill take a 45 minute WOE over the 4 hour one you will be doing from all the wipes and the dps not being able to nuke.

The two sets aren't even remotely in the same ballpark when it comes to tanking.  Sure you can create some one off situation consisting of a single target mob with a really lousy healer and no good buffs where it might be more advantageous to use the tank set but the reality is the dps set is vastly superiour when it comes to dpsing and tanking it allows you to do both very well while the tank set pretty much [Removed for Content] your dps for a little bit of avoid and some mit that arent even needed for tanking group stuff, proof of that is I tank WOE in dps gear in offensive.

BChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:16 AM   #7
Ambrin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Members

Loremaster
Ambrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 391
Default

And all the damage gear in the world wont mean a thing if you are basically fresh into the zone with T2 and *maybe* some T3 and your tank keeps dying. The entire point of the tanking set is to allow you to take a hit better, the point of the DPS set is to increase your DPS. And if you are honestly saying that losing ~500 DPS between the sets is going to make any difference in your agro when you have even a decent group setup (ie dirge, coercer, and say a swashy), especially when people aren't going to be putting out huge numbers for DPS.

As I said, once everyone gets their gear to a point where the tanks can go into a full offensive setup and the healers can heal it easily than by all means use the DPS gear. But there are issues other than agro when it comes to tanking otherwise why not just have the assassin tank? The sure as hell could generate the agro to do so. If you say you don't have assassin tank because they don't take hit the hits as well as the monk than you just proved my point, there are times when being able to take a hit is more important than dishing out DPS as a tank, especially considering how trivially easy holding agro is (hell, holding AE agro isn't even very challenging with the group set up I described).

Can you tank in a fully offensive setup? Sure, I've done it plenty of times, everything from OoA to Palace, Guk3 and WoE. But you know what? There have certainly been times taking things, especially in raids, when I have benefited a lot throwing on a set of tanking gear and turtling up. Even during those times agro isn't a problem because of all the hate buffs and transfers.

__________________
___________________________

Ambrin - 92 Monk / 92 Tailor / 320 AA

Ambryn - 92 Dirge / 320 AA

Visjeer - 92 Necromancer

Oryn - 90 Inquisitor
Ambrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:14 AM   #8
BChizzle

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,095
Default

[email protected] wrote:

And all the damage gear in the world wont mean a thing if you are basically fresh into the zone with T2 and *maybe* some T3 and your tank keeps dying. The entire point of the tanking set is to allow you to take a hit better, the point of the DPS set is to increase your DPS. And if you are honestly saying that losing ~500 DPS between the sets is going to make any difference in your agro when you have even a decent group setup (ie dirge, coercer, and say a swashy), especially when people aren't going to be putting out huge numbers for DPS.

As I said, once everyone gets their gear to a point where the tanks can go into a full offensive setup and the healers can heal it easily than by all means use the DPS gear. But there are issues other than agro when it comes to tanking otherwise why not just have the assassin tank? The sure as hell could generate the agro to do so. If you say you don't have assassin tank because they don't take hit the hits as well as the monk than you just proved my point, there are times when being able to take a hit is more important than dishing out DPS as a tank, especially considering how trivially easy holding agro is (hell, holding AE agro isn't even very challenging with the group set up I described).

Can you tank in a fully offensive setup? Sure, I've done it plenty of times, everything from OoA to Palace, Guk3 and WoE. But you know what? There have certainly been times taking things, especially in raids, when I have benefited a lot throwing on a set of tanking gear and turtling up. Even during those times agro isn't a problem because of all the hate buffs and transfers.

Here you go again creating a one off situation where using the tank set might be beneficial.  Here is where you fail though, if its raids we are talking about then the T4 set is better, and we are so far into this expansion most people have their T2-T3 stuff.  Fact is you bought the tank set for whatever reason and now you want it to be good because you own it.  It isn't good, every instance in this game can be tanked in RoK gear, the tank set is just appearance fluff that's it.  I also said 500+ for a reason, you see that number I though out there is actually much much higher when you start talking about a debuffed mob, crit bonus etc etc.

BChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:33 AM   #9
Ambrin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Members

Loremaster
Ambrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 391
Default

If you are just starting off raiding (which I did about 2 months when the guild I am in started raiding) you won't have full access to the raid armour so your point is moot, hell, I still only have 2 pieces of T4 (only 2 Everling patterns have dropped for us so far). If you didn't notice though, I'm on the PvP server and I have a full set of PvP gear and I said above, I have the tanking set in my appearance slots (I only had 3 piece before the the PvP update, and 2 separate pieces of the DPS set). And how is tanking in a raid a one-off situation? It happens a couple times a week in my guild. Sure, I am usually just DPSing, but I also end up playing as an offtank on fights where stuff memwipes or you need multiple fighters, etc. Hell, assuming I have the same group setup I have more HP/avoid and only slightly less mitigation than our plate tanks, but only if I am in my tanking setup, otherwise I can't take a hit nearly as well (I have tested this with a templar friend off mine, I do take much more damage not having my tanking setup on). And before you say anything, my tanking setup is the full PvP gear with the T4 gloves, I do swap out all my jewelry for tanking though (+1200HP, +400mit, +5% avoidance, 10% critmit, thousands of points less in all resists, and less ward procs - This is of course staying in the same stance).

After you've cleared something for the nth time and have all the gear from that place it is easy to come back and say "just go tank it in offensive, this stuff is easy". The question is, if you where starting out in TSO raiding with only WoE gear or worse, would you still go all out offensive tanking? I remember the first time I set foot into these zones and didn't have decent HP, mit, or critmit I would get flattened in an offensive setup. Now that me and the rest of my raid force is decked out in some gear now (PvP and a decent chunk of PvE stuff) it's not a problem to go offensive and tank stuff.

So yeah, if you aren't going to tank stuff, or the only time you will tank stuff is when you've already cleared said stuff, than sure, focus on DPS pieces. Just don't pretend that gear that increases your ability to take a hit at the cost of dealing damage isn't useful.

__________________
___________________________

Ambrin - 92 Monk / 92 Tailor / 320 AA

Ambryn - 92 Dirge / 320 AA

Visjeer - 92 Necromancer

Oryn - 90 Inquisitor
Ambrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #10
BChizzle

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,095
Default

[email protected] wrote:

And before you say anything, my tanking setup is the full PvP gear with the T4 gloves

So you don't use the T3 tanking set when you tank yet you claim it is so great?  Thanks for proving my point here.

BChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #11
Lethe5683

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,351
Default

The_Cheeseman wrote:

The DifferencesMitigation Increase: Lava Lotus +3Extra Riposte Chance: Lava Lotus +12 (+6 w/o set bonuses)

+3 mit and +12 reposite chance > crappy CA bonus dmg unless you are purely a DPS brawler.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:12 PM   #12
Ambrin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Members

Loremaster
Ambrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 391
Default

Oh gee, I don't use T3 gear when I have a set roughly equivalent to T4 gear, as well as some T4 gear - Is that really proving your point? I also don't use T1 or T2 gear if you want to know. I did use the T3 tanking pieces I had when that gear was the best I had access to.

__________________
___________________________

Ambrin - 92 Monk / 92 Tailor / 320 AA

Ambryn - 92 Dirge / 320 AA

Visjeer - 92 Necromancer

Oryn - 90 Inquisitor
Ambrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #13
BChizzle

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,095
Default

Lethe5683 wrote:

The_Cheeseman wrote:

The DifferencesMitigation Increase: Lava Lotus +3Extra Riposte Chance: Lava Lotus +12 (+6 w/o set bonuses)

+3 mit and +12 reposite chance > crappy CA bonus dmg unless you are purely a DPS brawler.

You guys just have no clue.  Base damage is probably the most important and overpowered modifier we have hence why everyone wants a choker why avatar gear was nerfed etc etc etc, anyways I smacked the clue across your faces enough already you can continue to be scrubs, enjoy your time trying to find a group and nobody wanting you.

BChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:18 PM   #14
Lethe5683

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,351
Default

BChizzle wrote:

Lethe5683 wrote:

The_Cheeseman wrote:

The DifferencesMitigation Increase: Lava Lotus +3Extra Riposte Chance: Lava Lotus +12 (+6 w/o set bonuses)

+3 mit and +12 reposite chance > crappy CA bonus dmg unless you are purely a DPS brawler.

You guys just have no clue.  Base damage is probably the most important and overpowered modifier we have hence why everyone wants a choker why avatar gear was nerfed etc etc etc, anyways I smacked the clue across your faces enough already you can continue to be scrubs, enjoy your time trying to find a group and nobody wanting you.

LOL, bruisers wearing chockers are [Removed for Content].  Nearly all our DPS comes from autoattack and all of our CAs are very low damage.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:28 PM   #15
BChizzle

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,095
Default

Lethe5683 wrote

LOL, bruisers wearing chockers are [Removed for Content].  Nearly all our DPS comes from autoattack and all of our CAs are very low damage.

Do you just say the opposite of whats right to be funny?  I mean seriously nobody is this dumb, you are yanking my chain right?

BChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:27 AM   #16
Wildfury77

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 683
Default

BChizzle wrote:

Lethe5683 wrote

LOL, bruisers wearing chockers are [Removed for Content].  Nearly all our DPS comes from autoattack and all of our CAs are very low damage.

Do you just say the opposite of whats right to be funny?  I mean seriously nobody is this dumb, you are yanking my chain right?

ENOUGH!!

I have full PvP set, Full T3 tanking + DPS sets prior to that.Which i'm almost CERTAIN you don't. So speaking from a position of knowledge rather than offensive ignorant trolling SMILEY --> The Tank set IS better for MTing, its only slightly less DPS and FAR FAR better survivability. In addition statistically most of our DPS does come from AAtacks....If you are mistiming your CAs and missing out you AAttacks then you truly are more appauling than it appears.

I have agreed with many things you have said about monks in the past, but your drivel on this subject is giving me a headache and is misinforming people. I'll post some parses after my works exam....You can too if you wish (oh.....wait you don't have both sets.......).

Wildfury77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:18 AM   #17
Mosha D'Khan

Loremaster
Mosha D'Khan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 440
Default

Lethe5683 wrote:

BChizzle wrote:

Lethe5683 wrote:

The_Cheeseman wrote:

The DifferencesMitigation Increase: Lava Lotus +3Extra Riposte Chance: Lava Lotus +12 (+6 w/o set bonuses)

+3 mit and +12 reposite chance > crappy CA bonus dmg unless you are purely a DPS brawler.

You guys just have no clue.  Base damage is probably the most important and overpowered modifier we have hence why everyone wants a choker why avatar gear was nerfed etc etc etc, anyways I smacked the clue across your faces enough already you can continue to be scrubs, enjoy your time trying to find a group and nobody wanting you.

LOL, bruisers wearing chockers are [Removed for Content].  Nearly all our DPS comes from autoattack and all of our CAs are very low damage.

are you even a bruiser? and if so you are incorrect about most our dps coming from autoattack. i will agree with the wearing a choker will get you killed more than it will help, but it does greatly increase our dps. your auto attack will not get you very far if you dont have alot of haste gear because bruisers dont have a self haste. so did you mean monk or bruiser in your comment?

__________________
Mosha D'Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:39 AM   #18
BChizzle

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,095
Default

[email protected] wrote:

ENOUGH!!

I have full PvP set, Full T3 tanking + DPS sets prior to that.Which i'm almost CERTAIN you don't. So speaking from a position of knowledge rather than offensive ignorant trolling --> The Tank set IS better for MTing, its only slightly less DPS and FAR FAR better survivability. In addition statistically most of our DPS does come from AAtacks....If you are mistiming your CAs and missing out you AAttacks then you truly are more appauling than it appears.

I have agreed with many things you have said about monks in the past, but your drivel on this subject is giving me a headache and is misinforming people. I'll post some parses after my works exam....You can too if you wish (oh.....wait you don't have both sets.......).

I am pretty sure I DOUBLE your parses, thats right pick any fight I am doing DOUBLE. (Matter of fact why don't u just go ahead and add your buddy there who uses a 2 handed weapons parse to yours and I'll still parse higher then both of you combined add to that the fact that I have tanked every encounter in this game ones you can't even dream of until SOE nerfs them to gimpmode.)  I am also 1000% positive I do more auto attack damage then you will ever see, at the same time auto attack is maybe 50% max of my parse not the vast majority (though it is normally much less).  Once you get to a certain point you can only raise your DPS though +ca procs base damage and crit bonus.  Anyone who uses the tank set is wrong including yourself, and all you are doing is spreading false information because you are all QQ about spending all those shards getting the T3 set you will never use EVER.

I am getting tired of scrubs like this guy acting like they know what they are talking about, here is a fact, up to gynok/tyrannus/tythus/galacticus you can tank anything RAID related in T2 hybrid plain and simple yes T2 hybrid.  You can tank every heroic instance in ROK gear.  So there is PLENTY of transition room to go from hybrid to the T4 set for tanking and the amount if time it takes to get the T4 upgrades is less then the amount of time it takes to get shards for a full T2 tank set, and then T3 tank set patterns.  Don't try and play the whole "OMG the raid patterns won't drop" BS you will get your T4 forearms, helm, boots, gloves with considerable less effort then it takes to get the shards and patterns needed for T3 tank stuff plain and simple.   So in the end the conclusion the tank set is a complete waste of time. 

Get the hybrid it is better for tanking because it allows you to generate enough agro and dps to be a better tank.  The hybrid set also has longer lasting benefits as you will still be using the 3 set when you are in dps mode well after you are geared with everything you could possibly want while the T3 tank set will sit in your appearance slots of your bags and rot.

BChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:49 AM   #19
BChizzle

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,095
Default

Armor wise the fastest way for a new monk to get up to snuff the fastest without x4 raiding is to get the T2 and 3 3 set hybrid bonuses.  Plain and simple it requires the least amount of effort with the largest rewards.  My suggestion is don't buy into the garbage about the T3 tank set you are wasting your time and shards.

BChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #20
Wildfury77

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 683
Default

BChizzle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

ENOUGH!!

I have full PvP set, Full T3 tanking + DPS sets prior to that.Which i'm almost CERTAIN you don't. So speaking from a position of knowledge rather than offensive ignorant trolling --> The Tank set IS better for MTing, its only slightly less DPS and FAR FAR better survivability. In addition statistically most of our DPS does come from AAtacks....If you are mistiming your CAs and missing out you AAttacks then you truly are more appauling than it appears.

I have agreed with many things you have said about monks in the past, but your drivel on this subject is giving me a headache and is misinforming people. I'll post some parses after my works exam....You can too if you wish (oh.....wait you don't have both sets.......).

I am pretty sure I DOUBLE your parses, thats right pick any fight I am doing DOUBLE. (Matter of fact why don't u just go ahead and add your buddy there who uses a 2 handed weapons parse to yours and I'll still parse higher then both of you combined add to that the fact that I have tanked every encounter in this game ones you can't even dream of until SOE nerfs them to gimpmode.)  I am also 1000% positive I do more auto attack damage then you will ever see, at the same time auto attack is maybe 50% max of my parse not the vast majority (though it is normally much less).  Once you get to a certain point you can only raise your DPS though +ca procs base damage and crit bonus.  Anyone who uses the tank set is wrong including yourself, and all you are doing is spreading false information because you are all QQ about spending all those shards getting the T3 set you will never use EVER.

I am getting tired of scrubs like this guy acting like they know what they are talking about, here is a fact, up to gynok/tyrannus/tythus/galacticus you can tank anything RAID related in T2 hybrid plain and simple yes T2 hybrid.  You can tank every heroic instance in ROK gear.  So there is PLENTY of transition room to go from hybrid to the T4 set for tanking and the amount if time it takes to get the T4 upgrades is less then the amount of time it takes to get shards for a full T2 tank set, and then T3 tank set patterns.  Don't try and play the whole "OMG the raid patterns won't drop" BS you will get your T4 forearms, helm, boots, gloves with considerable less effort then it takes to get the shards and patterns needed for T3 tank stuff plain and simple.   So in the end the conclusion the tank set is a complete waste of time. 

Get the hybrid it is better for tanking because it allows you to generate enough agro and dps to be a better tank.  The hybrid set also has longer lasting benefits as you will still be using the 3 set when you are in dps mode well after you are geared with everything you could possibly want while the T3 tank set will sit in your appearance slots of your bags and rot.

WHOA - ego much??

I was talking about comparing the parses between the two sets.......not an e=[Removed for Content] competition with you.

However i'm impressed that you parse 20k on your monk, double 10k is pretty decent DPS. I'm impressed!! SMILEY

Wildfury77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:49 PM   #21
BChizzle

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,095
Default

[email protected] wrote:

BChizzle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

ENOUGH!!

I have full PvP set, Full T3 tanking + DPS sets prior to that.Which i'm almost CERTAIN you don't. So speaking from a position of knowledge rather than offensive ignorant trolling --> The Tank set IS better for MTing, its only slightly less DPS and FAR FAR better survivability. In addition statistically most of our DPS does come from AAtacks....If you are mistiming your CAs and missing out you AAttacks then you truly are more appauling than it appears.

I have agreed with many things you have said about monks in the past, but your drivel on this subject is giving me a headache and is misinforming people. I'll post some parses after my works exam....You can too if you wish (oh.....wait you don't have both sets.......).

I am pretty sure I DOUBLE your parses, thats right pick any fight I am doing DOUBLE. (Matter of fact why don't u just go ahead and add your buddy there who uses a 2 handed weapons parse to yours and I'll still parse higher then both of you combined add to that the fact that I have tanked every encounter in this game ones you can't even dream of until SOE nerfs them to gimpmode.)  I am also 1000% positive I do more auto attack damage then you will ever see, at the same time auto attack is maybe 50% max of my parse not the vast majority (though it is normally much less).  Once you get to a certain point you can only raise your DPS though +ca procs base damage and crit bonus.  Anyone who uses the tank set is wrong including yourself, and all you are doing is spreading false information because you are all QQ about spending all those shards getting the T3 set you will never use EVER.

I am getting tired of scrubs like this guy acting like they know what they are talking about, here is a fact, up to gynok/tyrannus/tythus/galacticus you can tank anything RAID related in T2 hybrid plain and simple yes T2 hybrid.  You can tank every heroic instance in ROK gear.  So there is PLENTY of transition room to go from hybrid to the T4 set for tanking and the amount if time it takes to get the T4 upgrades is less then the amount of time it takes to get shards for a full T2 tank set, and then T3 tank set patterns.  Don't try and play the whole "OMG the raid patterns won't drop" BS you will get your T4 forearms, helm, boots, gloves with considerable less effort then it takes to get the shards and patterns needed for T3 tank stuff plain and simple.   So in the end the conclusion the tank set is a complete waste of time. 

Get the hybrid it is better for tanking because it allows you to generate enough agro and dps to be a better tank.  The hybrid set also has longer lasting benefits as you will still be using the 3 set when you are in dps mode well after you are geared with everything you could possibly want while the T3 tank set will sit in your appearance slots of your bags and rot.

WHOA - ego much??

I was talking about comparing the parses between the two sets.......not an e=[Removed for Content] competition with you.

However i'm impressed that you parse 20k on your monk, double 10k is pretty decent DPS. I'm impressed!!

The funny part is I do parse 20k on my monk.  It wasn't an [Removed for Content] contest you simply don't match up well enough for that, I was simply saying you don't have a clue and providing back up evidence by pointing out I do double your dps.

BChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:00 PM   #22
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster
The_Cheeseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,285
Default

I must assume that by, "RoK gear" you mean VP-sets and raid drops, because I certainly don't see much chance for a monk equipping RoK heroic instance gear successfully tanking harder TSO instances like Guk3 or PoF. In any case, this thread is not about how much DPS a raider wearing mostly TSO raid gear can do compared to anybody else. Your personal DPS is totally irrelevent unless you are wearing Full T3, either one. Let us try to keep the discussion on-topic, aye?

__________________
The_Cheeseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:58 PM   #23
BChizzle

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,095
Default

The_Cheeseman wrote:

I must assume that by, "RoK gear" you mean VP-sets and raid drops, because I certainly don't see much chance for a monk equipping RoK heroic instance gear successfully tanking harder TSO instances like Guk3 or PoF. In any case, this thread is not about how much DPS a raider wearing mostly TSO raid gear can do compared to anybody else. Your personal DPS is totally irrelevent unless you are wearing Full T3, either one. Let us try to keep the discussion on-topic, aye?

The discussion is on topic it is about which set is better, this scrub tried to question credentials and got them thrown in his face.  Anyways, VP set < shard armor that is exactly my point you can tank everything heroic in this game in hybrid shard armor and even less you don't need more mit or riposte.

BChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:19 PM   #24
Wildfury77

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 683
Default

BChizzle wrote:

The_Cheeseman wrote:

I must assume that by, "RoK gear" you mean VP-sets and raid drops, because I certainly don't see much chance for a monk equipping RoK heroic instance gear successfully tanking harder TSO instances like Guk3 or PoF. In any case, this thread is not about how much DPS a raider wearing mostly TSO raid gear can do compared to anybody else. Your personal DPS is totally irrelevent unless you are wearing Full T3, either one. Let us try to keep the discussion on-topic, aye?

The discussion is on topic it is about which set is better, this scrub tried to question credentials and got them thrown in his face.  Anyways, VP set < shard armor that is exactly my point you can tank everything heroic in this game in hybrid shard armor and even less you don't need more mit or riposte.

What a rude little man you are!

You clearly don't have both T3 sets (unlike me) -> You have backed it up with no parse vs parse. You dismissed stats posted by others above. In addition you claim to parse 20k......Bottom line is you have never actually compared the two sets directly - its a LOT more complicated than base CA ---> extra melee crit/DA (which won't be maxed for players using these sets). The maths is little more complex than you might imagine. The extra +mit and defensive bonuses and hate control are also NOT irrelevant to your average group/WOE player.

I shake my head in disgust, I await your next rude reply and hope the forum mods do something about you SMILEY

Wildfury77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:16 PM   #25
BChizzle

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,095
Default

[email protected] wrote:

What a rude little man you are!

You clearly don't have both T3 sets (unlike me) -> You have backed it up with no parse vs parse. You dismissed stats posted by others above. In addition you claim to parse 20k......Bottom line is you have never actually compared the two sets directly - its a LOT more complicated than base CA ---> extra melee crit/DA (which won't be maxed for players using these sets). The maths is little more complex than you might imagine. The extra +mit and defensive bonuses and hate control are also NOT irrelevant to your average group/WOE player.

I shake my head in disgust, I await your next rude reply and hope the forum mods do something about you

First off YOU are the one that came on this thread screaming "ENOUGH", calling people "IGNORANT", saying posts are "DRIVEL" pretty much being a troll and adding nothing but misinformation which I easily shot down and you are crying about mods doing something about someone?  The only one being rude here is you.  I mean seriously I am laughing right now how you describe how your absolutely horrible choice of gear for your "average groups" is a good idea when you can't even buy a clue that the reason why your groups are so "AVERAGE" is probably because of you.  My advice will make a monk excellent not "average."  Once again you have no answer to the fact this GAME can be tanked in T2 hybrid you will produce more dps and still be able to tank what is needed to tank, WOE can be tanked in T3 hybrid you will still produce more dps, PLUS HERE IS THE KICKER T3 hybrid is still useful even if you are T4 geared while T3 tank is garbage.

Here is the funny part, I find it laughable that you can't even fathom that a monk can do 20k parses, you might not find it so unbelievable or amazing if you actually took your head out of the sand and listened.  I doubt you will learn though, I know people like you, they like to go down with the ship, sadly your ship is made of cardboard with a bunch of holes in it.  Time for you to set sail, enjoy the short journey I am sure it will be average.

BChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:35 AM   #26
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster
The_Cheeseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,285
Default

Actually, it would be interesting to see one of these 20k parses posted. Specifically, if you could show us the itemized outgoing damage report, I would like to see what percentages were covered by auto-attack, combat arts, and damage procs. That would actually help significantly with this discussion, by showing exactly how much damage there is to be gained via base CA damage and similar modifiers. Please also include your current levels of Melee crit, crit bonus, double-attack, combat art damage, base combat art damage, and similar relevent modifiers when you generated the parse. That would be quite helpful.

__________________
The_Cheeseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:32 AM   #27
Lethe5683

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,351
Default

This thread is most amusing.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:33 AM   #28
BChizzle

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,095
Default

The_Cheeseman wrote:

Actually, it would be interesting to see one of these 20k parses posted. Specifically, if you could show us the itemized outgoing damage report, I would like to see what percentages were covered by auto-attack, combat arts, and damage procs. That would actually help significantly with this discussion, by showing exactly how much damage there is to be gained via base CA damage and similar modifiers. Please also include your current levels of Melee crit, crit bonus, double-attack, combat art damage, base combat art damage, and similar relevent modifiers when you generated the parse. That would be quite helpful.

Actually it probably won't be helpful and just cause more people to QQ.  But here is one from the other day, I can provide higher but w/e, 3 mobs encounter in tombs 30 second fight.  28% crit bonus not counting group buffs, 29% base damage + 5% base dmg proc not counting group buffs.  Now lets see this guys laughable 10k parses and we can compare.

BChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:53 AM   #29
BChizzle

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,095
Default

Lethe5683 wrote:

This thread is most amusing.

The highlight for me so far is you completely missing the absolutely essential importance and overpoweredness of base damage modifiers.  Whats yours?  Did you get your choker yet?

BChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 06:39 AM   #30
BChizzle

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,095
Default

This one made me lawl but don't dig too much into it use the other one.

BChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:13 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.