EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-07-2009, 04:24 AM   #1
Rothgar

Developer

Rule #1 - Read this post before responding to this thread and understand the rules.  If you don't follow the rules, your feedback is likely to be skipped.

Rule #2 - This thread is not meant to debate issues such as LoN, Station Marketplace, etc.  We understand you have opinions about some of these features and you're welcome to discuss them openly in OTHER threads.

Rule #3 - This thread is not about class balance, item balance, race balance or AA balance.  We understand that those issues exist and acknowledge them, but this is not the goal of this thread.

Rule #4 - Please do not debate the feedback of others.  Many people have different opinions but it doesn't mean that one is right and one is wrong.  Express your opinion without trying to discount the opinion of others.

Rule #5 - Be brief.  We're human too and when confronted with a wall of text we're likely to fall asleep reading it.  Express your opinion in a couple of sentences.  If you have lots of feedback about many different issues, keep them to one sentence each and use a bulleted list so we know that each sentence is about a separate issue.

Last year we asked a similar question, what bugs you the most?  You gave us all sorts of feedback and we listened.  In the following months we fixed a lot of bugs and made many changes that you asked for.  If you didn't participate last year, please skim over these threads to get an idea of how it worked.

Original thread - http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=408699

Results thread - http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=412574

So, what bugs you the most?

Rothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:33 AM   #2
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

Number one annoyance on my list:

Casting a spell, queueing another spell, then changing targets before the queued spell will cast will cancel the queue.

On a raid, when someone or something dies (a player, monster, or what have you), there is almost always a slight pause to the action. If multiple people die, the slight pause is very noticeable. If the entire raid dies, or a LOT of mobs die at once, there can be as much as a 1-2 second pause.

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:41 AM   #3
Einadin

Loremaster

• The casting animation for Wizard's Translocate spell doesn't match how the spell actually works now (GU53).  It appears to transport the Wizard but then the wizard stays put so it looks odd. 
  • Also, there is an NPC towards the beginning of Everfrost by the little camp whose texture is missing from his robe's hood.  Looks odd.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:09 AM   #4
Sphiriah

Loremaster

I'd still love to see an increased item limit in houses.

Before the extra room was added, another 100 items would've been perfect, but the new room kind of negated the effects of that. So, at least another 50 would be great.

(Or you could always just do it for the Gorowyn houses, since they're much bigger!)

Sphiriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:18 AM   #5
naMessiah

Loremaster

• The number of items in guildhalls and houses sometimes take ages to load. There should be some way to disable loading of any items that are not amenities, craftingstations or sales-crates when you zone in.
  • A way to make a pet protect you only when/if you enter combat. As it is now you can get nuked by some random skellie and get locked in combat coz the pet protects you. And you can't shout for help coz you're not fighting it - your pet is. And you can't climb ladders. And so on...
naMessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:34 AM   #6
Sydares

Loremaster

Ohhh.... I've got a few little annoyances...

• Buffs. They're ridiculously powerful, and too necessary. I hate "needing" to bring an enchanter and a bard to a group in order to succeed. This leaves you with very few possible group makeups, and leads to balancing characters around the assumption that they always have these stupidly powerful buffs on them... when realistically, they rarely do.
  • No toggle for activating ranged autoattack on combat arts instead of melee, resulting in buggy macro reliance.
  • UI is still extremely restrictive in terms of what mods are available.
  • Persistent 'Bard-song' particle effects lag everyone to hell and back. Make them go away.
  • Random inability to turn off auto-consume via hotbar if you have multiple stacks of the same item in your bag.
  • Transmuting is still completely undesirable to tinkering, particularly now that people can just heirloom all the rubbish away.
  • Imperceptible Beauty Loincloth does nothing but show off your granny panties or frumpy pants.
  • The bar in Moors of Ykesha isn't connected to any flightpaths, making it inconvient.
  • The Void storyline is played out and largely boring, and too much emphasis has been placed on using the website and LoN to try to piece together the storyline. Please present your lore within the confines of the game. Make it more readily accessible and compelling.
  • Voice acting has all but completely disappeared. Don't just shove it on starter zones. Put it on instance bosses - that's the content that gets reused ad nauseum, why not actually make that content shine?
  • Absurd overemphasis on AOE content. Unless you have the appropriate AOE classes along with you, some zones become extremely unfun.
  • Reusing instance zones for raid zones - Stop that.
  • Instant fail conditions in favor of actual raid balancing. Stop!
  • Ward of Elements: Trash casting their massive AOEs directly after pull, resulting in more wipes to random trash than to the named mobs themselves.
  • Ward of Elements: The books encounter is annoying as sin. Can you just buff the actual named and let us skip all the stupid books?
Sydares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:37 AM   #7
Antryg Mistrose

Loremaster

Bank containers that won't stay the size/orientation I put 'em.

e.g. 4 bags insist on being size 40 and in a line vertical, every time I re-log.

Jeweler/Sage/Alchemist/Prov

Antryg Mistrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:42 AM   #8
Xao June

Loremaster

I was impressed with the results from the last one of these threads, so have high hopes for this one.

• The display of maintained buffs and spell effects needs attention. Even if you leave it as is for default, but allow each client some customizing options. Personally, I would like the idea of allowing me to open a window that will only display the buffs I tell it to display.

• Altering the nature of buffs as to allow us to link them in chat. This could also apply to player spells linked from the knowledge book.

• The Zone Reuse windows Persistant tab needs to be altered so that the zones can be sorted via time left and duration.

• Power heals need to be seperated in the options window under user Interface > Combat Bubble Colors.

• There are items in the game that I believe should be upgradeable by players, but are not. Manastone is at the top of this list. Adding in a quest that allows it to be upgraded to something that is as useful to a level 80 toon as the item is to a level 30 toon would be good.

• The lack of the southern half of the Isle of Ro has always bothered me. I have little doubt that they will never be added to the game, but I would love to see The Crags and Anvil of Ro at least mentioned, if not actually added to the game at some point.

• More for future content additions that existing: someone needs to step back and have an overall look at itemization, to ensure it is even and balanced for each archtype. TSO itemization of fabled items for both mages and priests was shoddy this expansion, and the Black Market shard merchant illustrates that point perfectly well.

• Items with a castable effect need to be able to be qued.
  • I would like to have the option to see each of my spells damage breakdown. I would like to know how much base damage is being applied to it and how much it is gaining from +spell damage. An option to display basic or advanced info for spells in the options menu may facilitate this.

Thats a start, I have no doubt I will come up with more over the coming weeks.

Xao June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:08 AM   #9
Boli32

Loremaster

Xao June wrote:

I was impressed with the results from the last one of these threads, so have high hopes for this one.

• I would like to have the option to see each of my spells damage breakdown. I would like to know how much base damage is being applied to it and how much it is gaining from +spell damage. An option to display basic or advanced info for spells in the options menu may facilitate this.

Thats a start, I have no doubt I will come up with more over the coming weeks.

I don't often QFE but in this case I would Loooove this.

As for my points :

> Having to watch for casting animation on fights such as touch of death and the curse of varsoon makes my eyeballs bleed. Adding text emotes instead of an animation "gynok lifts up his right arm with a gleem in his eye" or something so we can watch for text instead of relying on watching animations which can be unreliable; not to mention annoying.

> Less emphasis on pinball tanking. Having mobs which have KBs, stuns and interupts just make the zones more annoying not harder.

> In a similar vein, stuns on incoming is just a bad way to increase difficulty either increase what a tank can perform stunned (i.e. taunt) or scale back the stuns on the MT.

I know the tank is the channeling point for all the incoming damage; but multiple stuns, interupts, KBs, many of whch now uncurable doesn't make the instances hard just more annoying. All they do is infuriate the tank and reduce their personal dps (which may or may not be the reason for said status effects)

Boli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:26 AM   #10
KerowynnKaotic

Tormentor of Fae

Mine is still valid from last year .. but ... additonal annoyances are ..

• The Crafting UI, it sucks.
  • Housing item limits, I understand them but they bug me. 
  • No Trade House items .. they bug the [censored] out of me!
  • The Shelves in Qeynos Apartments don't work.
  • The Fact that all the SoL appearance stuff is either 45/50 or 80.
  • Status Items, Plant Food, Food/Drink, Collection items and numerous other items only stack to (20). ** Update 54 will fix the crossed out items .. *fireworks* **
  • I dislike getting an Illusion or summon pet [item], all it does is take up an inventory slot. Make them into scribe-able spells. Add a Tab in the Knowledge Book for "Fun stuff" and stick them there!
  • Various Transport Issues:
    • I want a druid ring/wizzie spire in TD .. or .. a neutral ground.  whatever .. I hate taking that darn bird from BBM. 6mins of scenic flapping around is nice the 1st time or even the 3rd or 4th but not after the 80th!
    • Speaking of Griffons .. don't the Griffons in TS/Nek & BBM know their way by now?  Why do we have to do the access quest for them after 2+ years of them flying the route.  They should be able to do it blind folded!
    • And, I really want a Griffon Tower near Nek Castle, TS Docks and possibly even New Tunaria & The Nursery.  
    • Balloon Rides in Moors ... why can't the balloon from Tupta go to Tillage Patch?  If you are proper lvl to invis/fight past the mobs in the area, you can just jump off Tupta and float down .. why can't the balloon do that?  And, why can't it go back to the Moors dock area?  It's one big loop around ...
    • Mariner Bells from Q/FP .. change them to be like the Guild Hall Bells.  Charge 1g and give us direct passage from Q. Harbor to Everfrost, for instance.  
    • Kelethin and Gorowyn are rather remote.  They have very little option beyond clicking a carpet to SS or going to either BBM/KP or running to BBM for Kelethin.   They need a Mariner's Bell like the proposed Q/FP bells.  Kelethin's could be in the Nursery with a Griffon or Horse ride to it.   And, Gorowyn's can simply be on the dock. 
  • Drives me nuts that anyone can get into Kelethin, a historically "good only" city, but no one can get in to Neriak unless they are Evil or lvl 80!  Neriak has no 'backdoor' .. and it's overly guarded by Epics!
  • The fact that Tailored Bags are soo far behind Carpenter crafted Strong boxes in slot#, so everyone ends up carrying around 800lbs of metal boxes annoys me ... 
  • My pets can never keep up with me.  I run @ 75% run speed and whatever pet I have up (visual unless I'm on my conj.) gets so lost sometimes that I think they depop themselves.  Why can't their runspeed = our runspeed +10%??
  • The Quest journal can't be shrunk past a certain limit .. width wise ..
  • There are (2)+ bag slots in the bank that refuse to keep their size settings .. I wanna say it's #9 / #11 but it might be #12 ... also the bottom of the shared bank is iffy too.  sometimes.  drives me a little batty when rumaging in my bank.
  • Oh and Chat Colors .. we have (9), soon to be (10) level channels, and your average person will also have possibly Crafting, Trading selected which is (11-12) channels, completely ignoring those of us that have custom channels, but you can only designate colors to (10) channels.  So anything you have after channel#10 is all the same color.   I'd really like it if we could select custom colors for (20) channels.

*ponders* I think that's all .. off the top of my head ...

KerowynnKaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:27 AM   #11
Lookout
Server: Befallen

Loremaster

i have to reload my keymaps with /load_keymaps every time i start everquest2.  it doesn't save my keymaps settings other than in the external file i got with /save_keymaps that doesn't get loaded automatically.

that spell breakdown sounds kind of cool. the item queueing sounds good.

item weights seem like a ... i dont know.  it's kind of like the only items that have weight are weapon/armor swaps and bags, so it's limiting like, bag slots and swap gear.  i don't know what i'd do to it though.  really, mages would maybe find a magical way to carry stuff anyway. maybe priests also.

maybe , add a use for intelligence for non-spell classes so the kingdom of sky achievement that gives + 8 (usually) intelligence is useful for something; maybe supes up certain item procs. (if item effects already gain from intelligence make this clear in the tooltip in character window).  Either that, or get rid of +intelligence achievement for those classes and make it something else.  make a note in the stamina tooltip on character window that it affects breath underwater time (and regeneration?).  why does (some?) scouts get +4 strength from kingdom achievements instead of +4 agility when agility is their power stat?

i don't know if it's something i did or just me but hate adjustments don't show in chat / combat bubbles as far as i know.  maybe not implemented right or something i did wrong.

i have alot of old chat channels like Evil_Fighter and stuff taking up chat numbers i think. i dunno what to do about it.

Lookout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:02 AM   #12
Amphibia

Loremaster

1. NO-TRADE house items. This still irritates me, even after all these years. Can we please make them all HEIRLOOM at least?

2. Grass squares & planters. These randomly sprout some kind of big, ugly grass straws that really don't fit into my garden. Any chance you could modify these so they'd stop doing that? I can only speak for myself, but I don't want furniture to randomly change appearance.

3. Muppet shrink (and other shrink effects). These seem to cancel when you die, or at least the effect does. So if I shrink a character down to tiny, and it dies - suddenly it looks all big again. As a roleplayer, I find this a little annoying.

4. Please add rares to the harvest NPC's for guildhalls. I know this sounds like craziness, but the prices on a lot of rares have skyrocket since you introduced these. This is because a lot of people no longer harvest out in the open when they don't have to -  and as a result, far less rares reaches the broker.

Amphibia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:09 AM   #13
Bremer

Loremaster

- The tab arrangement in the new quest window is horrible. For switching between open and completed quests and the achievment tab I should get frequent flyer miles for the long distances I have to move my mouse - There should be an option to switch to a compact version of the quest journal that looks like the old window - The timer window should open by default in the persistent instance tabs, not the lockout timer tab, that nobodoy really needs anymore since RoK. And in the persistend tab the columns say they are sortable, but they are not. Managing 30 or 40 zone timers without option of filtering open instances sucks - The "out of range" message for melee attacks should not only appear in a chat channel, but also as on screen message. Sucks if you lose aggro and notice afterwards you weren't in range for autoattack - At the Anashti fight, if you cast a spell that triggers after you get the curse (reactives), the entire raid gets spammed without countless failure message, though you didn't fail - Mobs with scripts that ignore problems with the game enviroment : --Eg Tyrannus in Inner Stronghold, his room is full of objects and he ports players. Countless times people got stuck in the world geometry. This problem is as old as the game, why enforcing it by placing lots of objects in the room of a mob that ports? -- Same with mob pathing. Mob pathing is horrible if rooms only have the slightest edge or unevenness. And still you have mobs like Nexona with adds that roam endlessly along the ramps or Munzok's Bastion's first room, where mobs travel below or above the ceiling. In EQ2 mobs can't move in 3d, so please don't build 3d areas to fight
Bremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:16 AM   #14
Terrius

Loremaster

-Having to confirm each AA point I assign. Would be nice if you could map out all your AAs and then Confirm it all at once. -Lag

Terrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:24 AM   #15
Xeronoth

Loremaster

• Default Pet window has no toggle buttons for "/pet ranged" or "/pet melee"
  • Target Windows don't have the toggle-option to show beneficial or detrimental, only the entire list or no list at all.
  • Using " /LFG " command brings up the LFG window, rather than turning on LFG

( if I wanted to open the LFG window, I would click the magnifying glass on my group member management window )

_edit_

• Tradeskill Recipe/Creation window doesn't currently have any user interface controls linked to the keyboard

• Tradeskill creation process sometimes starts the recipe with an effect to counter

I hate finally getting comfortable using one hand to cycle through the process of using reaction arts using my Numberpad "left-handed crafting technique" while I sit back and  chill to some music - because.. lets face it- Crafting doesn't put players at the edge of their seat acticipating every moment, savoring the sweet victory, or agony of a critical success or loss.

(I personally Like crafting in the dark - shifting my hand back and forth slows me down because I have to find the "sweet spot" that my fingers dip into without hitting the wrong reaction arts that I am sometimes panicking to counter.)

Using the mouse to 'restart' the recipe, or even go to the recipe lists, is a bit of a bother because then I have to use the mouse to navigate the recipe window,  ( I literally have no left hand control- which means I have to use my right hand to control the mouse while the keyboard sits sideways on my desk )  all because I need to use the mouse to start a new recipe or restart the same one I have to do 5 more times for a Tradeskill writ...

_edit 2_ (thank you for reminding me Fendaria)

• Add an on-demand sorting system to Bags so you can quickly upgrade from 16 slot bags to 20, or from 20 to 36. 

• Add an on-demand sorting system that filters No-Trade items alongside each-other, No-Value items alongside each-other, Quest-related items alongside each-other..   

((  time after time I find myself sorting my own bag because of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and it is literally a test of will versus Disorder not to sort my bags constantly during a dungeon run with Round Robin being the preferred looting method ))

_edit 3_

[email protected] wrote:

Fae don't always jump when the space bar is pressed.

• Characters sometimes fail to jump when quickly moving from a flat surface to a declining surface at the same time as the Jump button is pressed.

(thank you for reminding me Aemm)

_edit 4_

• Increase the standard stack size of all items from 20 dramatically.  200 would be Lovely.

(I hate having 3 stacks of the same item for 5 or more different items after a good long grind and be forced to delete something when the inventory space fills to the brim, it's maddening to someone with limited inventory space to delete potential cash for a recipe, spell or armor/weapon upgrade!)

Open for Future Editing as my brain stops failing me.

Xeronoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:34 AM   #16
Fendaria

Loremaster

Yay another thread for this!

• When you load your UI settings, it loads your sound settings.  I really wish this was not persisted this way so when I load new UI settings, I keep my current volume levels.
  • The voice chat window used to tell you when someone was AFK with a little (AFK) next to their name.  Please bring this back!  Right now it only shows (AFK) for me.
  • When you get a quest update 5/20, tell me what the quest is.  Put a little message in a chat window "Quest: Finding your socks has been updates: You have 5/20 socks."
  • The mini quest window that shows your current quest information, when you are talking to someone, you cannot click the chat bubbles by peoples heads if they are 'behind' this quest window.  Extremely anoying.  Might happen with other windows too.
  • Please give me two maintained buff windows.  One for really long buffs that don't drop.  One for short buffs/dots.  Or just somehow organize it better.
  • Buffs in the maintained window often loose the person they are on.  Maybe they are in another zone, or went linkdead.  The buff sits there without a name. Have it drop or have it recover the name of the person it is cast on.
  • I don't think you can create a macro to cast a group buff on another group (coercer w/ mythical mana flow (?)).  Please let us keep macroing it.
  • I'd like some more combat text options for damage.  Like one where it is just 'Ability(Crit) - Damage' for damage I deal, or 'Mob(crit) - Damage' for damage I take.  I want to make a little window with just the damage numbers I am doing.
  • In the middle of a raid with all those damage numbers over a mobs head, make it easier to see my own.  Maybe add a way to only display my numbers or turn off the numbers from Auto Attack.
  • Way to tell where the rally flag has been placed.  Maybe he could say.
  • Show me my targets target, even if it is just the name.
  • If a mob has agro on me and they aren't in my threat window, give me something to tell.   A little list or maybe a 'glowing ball' around the threat meter (one ball per mob) or something.  Vanguard gives you a nice list of mobs you are in combat with, kinda like a second group against you.
  • Way to see the spell haste for a specific spell, and spell reuse.  Stick it somewhere in the UI.
  • If you are in a need/greed group, give me a way to auto decline any loot up to a certain level, like treasured or those status items.
  • Find a way to fix up those quest required items that get left around when you finish the quest or delete the quest.
  • Fix the 'this instance has 0 time remaining' bug, or the 'this instance has expired' bug when you immediately zone into an instance.
  • Give us spell casters some fun ammo items.
  • Let us spend shards to turn any zone we want into a hot zone for that day.
  • Let us spend shards to keep an instance open longer.
  • Let us spend shards to remove the timer for an instance early.
  • Find a better way to organize our bags so I don't spend 10 minutes looking for something in them.
  • Like the mendor bot, let us tinker up a banker bot.
  • Let cast a buff on someone no matter what the range/zone they are in.
  • For some reason my FPS/Ping window will not stay saved.  Every time I log in it is back to where it used to be and I have to move it again.  I've tried saving/loading my UI multiple times.
  • If I've crashed, and I try to log back in quickly, fix that 'you already are logged in' issue so I can get right back in.  Same computer, same IP, etc.  Should be possible to let us get in easier.
  • Put parental controls where the from the subscription website, you can set the hours a person can play during the day (say 5pm to 10pm) or a max hours per week.
  • A way to mark a character as a 'main' so in the in game guild roster you can easily tell see who someone's alt is.
  • More social animations.
  • More unique spell casting animations.
  • Pet pathing.
  • Some way to save a characters voice chat volume level across their accounts.  So when they change toons, their new toon has the same volume level.
  • Bug/petition submition that doesn't require popping up the browser to fill something out.
  • Get NoScript into the in game browser.
  • Fix it so if I am using Privoxy to block a lot of adds in the in game browser, I can still run the patcher.
  • Let the welcome window friends list only show friends who are currently logged in.
  • Stick a 'guild notice' section somewhere in the welcome window so I can see a message about the upcoming raids.
  • More robes.  And a bunch of mage only robes too.  Seems anyone can wear a robe but mages can never wear the armor.

Fendaria

Fendaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:41 AM   #17
NamaeZero

Loremaster

The functionality of the Monk AA ability 'Combination' annoys me. You're supposed to deliver a Kick, a Jab, and a Punch then you can use Combination, which is supposed to autohit. The problem is the timer starts with the first of the three abilities you use, so if you're delayed even a fraction of a second, you'll see the button light up, then grey out, and you have to read your combat spam to know that you just barely missed the window.

It's also a little bit undocumented with regards to what abilities a monk has that are Kicks, Punchs and Jabs. Frozen Palm works, but Silent Fist and Five Rings don't count as a punchs even though they have the same HO icon. Or it could be that they just take too long, I dunno.

The utility of the autohit is dubious. If you had to land three attacks in sequence on the same creature, you're probably not having any trouble hitting it anyway. But it is free damage, and that's more of a balance point, which this thread isn't for.

I wish it was coded to either proc automatically, or trigger and allow you a window of extra time to follow up for a few seconds if you managed to hit with all three abilities within the time limit.

NamaeZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:04 AM   #18
Bremer

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

-Having to confirm each AA point I assign. Would be nice if you could map out all your AAs and then Confirm it all at once.

Good point. I'm allready looking forward to spending 250 points with the next expansion...

Bremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:06 AM   #19
Calain80

Loremaster

My main two points, beside LOn & SC, are: You still can't use international characters (UTF-8 chars) with the UI. You can't queue items. (Potions, clicky effects, and so on.)
Calain80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:14 AM   #20
MrWolfie

Loremaster

Fae don't always jump when the space bar is pressed.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:35 AM   #21
Guy De Alsace

Loremaster

• Potions are very long recast for a very small effect.
  • "You did not find any quest items" on far too many quests STILL. Many of those also make no sense (you did not find any claws on the mob that just attacked you...with its claws)
  • Books are still very hard to place on some shelves in houses.
  • No UK localisation (armor not armour). NO EUROPEAN BADGERS!!
  • Oversized weapons still around (Thex Hammer, Inq epic, templar epic etc)
  • Clicky on Hex Dolls are now more useless than ever due to the very long cast times. I used to use mine on every pull - now I cant.
  • Roundshields are pretty much redundant.
  • Two handed weapons have no place in the game any more after epics.
  • Kite Shields are redundant.
  • Almost all Armour Instance Loot in TSO is redundant due to shard armour being much better.
  • Bucklers for Tanks are still in the game even though they are no longer a requirement.
  • Still no gamewide item quality consistency between old world and new content.
  • Tier 7/8 Dropped treasured is total junk that clogs up the broker. These are items nobody would ever use.
Guy De Alsace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:42 AM   #22
Marawin

Loremaster

• Not being able to see level higher level chat channels when leveling an alt.  I would recommend that once an individual levels one character on their accout to 80, you give all the characters on their the accout the option to see all those channels, instead of restricting it to their level and lower.  Requests for groups and other interesting discussions take place in 70-80 and it can be frustrating to miss out when you are out leveling a new character. 
Marawin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:50 AM   #23
Xao June

Loremaster

Fendaria wrote:

In the middle of a raid with all those damage numbers over a mobs head, make it easier to see my own.  Maybe add a way to only display my numbers or turn off the numbers from Auto Attack.

Stick a 'guild notice' section somewhere in the welcome window so I can see a message about the upcoming raids.

Options > User interface > Combat Bubbles > Show third Party Damage. Unchecking it will mean only numbers that relate directly to you show up. This also reduces lag a decient amount on raids.

The Welcome window displays the guild MotD in the top right hand corner.

Xao June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:50 AM   #24
Nevao

Loremaster

• Having to use macros to force ranged attacks after melee ranged CA's. I would love to have some kind of toggle to force Ranged Auto Attack, or at the least be able to set it in preferences.
  • Not being able to see where the guild flag is, or if one is up.
  • Not being able to track debuffs from logs. Even if we don't want to open the world of "here's the effect it caused" at least being able to see what raid members are, or more likely are not casting, would be very helpful.

Thanks Rothgar for doing this again.

Cibilie : 90 Brigand (Main), Dirtnap on Oasis

Enaki : 90 Ranger, Dirtnap on Oasis

Nevao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:55 AM   #25
Darkor
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Nexus

Loremaster

1. Remove Fail conditions on raids and actually make em more tactical instead. Failconditions are not challenging but very annoying.

2. Please stop the void story line. The whole void thing is very boring and not fun. Please go back to the basic of the lore of norrath.

3. Some usefull Items like the manastone should be upgradeable (via quest etc.)

4. EQ2 and LoN should be 2 seperate things.

5. We need 2Handers that are actually worth their money.

6. Make the standard UI more interesting. We should not rely on player made UIs that bring powerfull additions which the standard ui does not support.

7. We need an AA system like in EQ1 which gives a long time goal for long time players. 3 Trees worth of 250 AAs is nothing compared to EQ1 where you can spend 1000+ AA points.

8. Bring back the good old lore. The dialogue between the gods in plane of time was AWESOME.

9. New graphics for armor and weapons. The amount of different robe-models is not enough. We could have so beautiful armor pieces, BUT NOT VIA STATION CASH!!!!!

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:57 AM   #26
uchulayi

Loremaster

Xao June wrote:

·         There are items in the game that I believe should be upgradeable by players, but are not. Manastone is at the top of this list. Adding in a quest that allows it to be upgraded to something that is as useful to a level 80 toon as the item is to a level 30 toon would be good.

·         More for future content additions that existing: someone needs to step back and have an overall look at itemization, to ensure it is even and balanced for each archtype. TSO itemization of fabled items for both mages and priests was shoddy this expansion, and the Black Market shard merchant illustrates that point perfectly well.

·         I would like to have the option to see each of my spells damage breakdown. I would like to know how much base damage is being applied to it and how much it is gaining from +spell damage. An option to display basic or advanced info for spells in the options menu may facilitate this.

[email protected] wrote:

·         I dislike getting an Illusion or summon pet [item], all it does is take up an inventory slot. Make them into scribe-able spells. Add a Tab in the Knowledge Book for "Fun stuff" and stick them there!

I really like all these ideas ^^^

but

[email protected] wrote:

• don't the Griffons in TS/Nek & BBM know their way by now?  Why do we have to do the access quest for them after 2+ years of them flying the route.  They should be able to do it blind folded!
  • And, I really want a Griffon Tower near Nek Castle, TS Docks and possibly even New Tunaria & The Nursery.  
  • Mariner Bells from Q/FP .. change them to be like the Guild Hall Bells.  Charge 1g and give us direct passage from Q. Harbor to Everfrost, for instance.  
  • Kelethin and Gorowyn are rather remote.  They have very little option beyond clicking a carpet to SS or going to either BBM/KP or running to BBM for Kelethin.   They need a Mariner's Bell like the proposed Q/FP bells.  Kelethin's could be in the Nursery with a Griffon or Horse ride to it.   And, Gorowyn's can simply be on the dock. 

I don’t like these much ^^^ mainly because it makes getting about just TOO convenient. I really don’t want to see the game made so easy that you can just zone from place to place without encountering at least some risk.

(sorry I suck at multiple quoting )

As for my own idea .. isn’t it about time we had new hairstyle options from our delightful stylists or when creating toons?

Also I have just a general plea to the devs not to make things too easy for us … removing the 'magics' in VP today is an example. Don’t most gamers relish these challenges?

uchulayi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:20 AM   #27
Azol

Loremaster

• Server lag in certain raid ecounters (with massive number of adds mostly) or medium to large-scale PVP fights.
  • I would like to see an In-game Option to disable Welcome screen.
  • Even if you set option to display Name of other players to Never, you still see all the names of your group/raid members if you have any of them targetted. That's very annoying.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:20 AM   #28
Barx
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Mayhem

Loremaster

Right here is A #1:

Lag. Be it the 5+ minutes its takes an entire raid to zone in or be it the annoying cast lag, lag is the top thing I hate in this game. I know you're working on the database upgrades and I cannot wait to see it, so hopefully this one is gone (or at least much less of an issue) once that goes in.

Since that one is technically already scheduled to be fixed, here is my #2:

Macros. More specifically, there is *no* way to move macros around the window window manually copy and pasting each line (including redragging items onto the appropriate boxes). If there's an empty slot, dragging an icon to it should move that entire macro to there. Furthermore, there needs to be a way to do things to a loaded macro (loaded using /loadhotkeys) into your server-stored macros. As it is now, when you load it it is created as a "Local Macro" that you cannot edit and that you cannot store in your 10 pages of server-stored macros. These macros need to be able to be either edited directly or dragged onto the macro window to make them a true (server-stored) macro that we can then edit.

Barx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:25 AM   #29
MurFalad

Loremaster

Gameplay issues

• Bags, I'd love to have either specialised bags, or an option to define what type of items a bag can hold.
  • Lack of feedback clues given by the game for some actions, especially when taunting on my Guardian as I'm never sure if it hit or missed without checking the combat log.
  • Related to the above, some "swish" (miss, dodge), Clang (Parry) could tell me how the fight was going too without needing to check the combat log.
  • Achievements, there are no hotlinks you can click on to describe them when they are achieved.
  • I would like to allow new combat arts gained to always overwrite old combat arts in the UI, even if they are slightly worse as I'll shortly be upgrading to the new one.
  • Never enough quests that require you to make a decision about what to do.

Graphical niggles

• A few straight edges in zones that stand out wrongly, Butcherblock for example is beautiful yet has a couple of mountains in the background that stand out as a little false due to their perfectly straight lines.
  • Cloak animation on Froglok when armoursmithing where it clips into the body (minor I know!), and also the way I put my foot through the Maj'Dul quest carpet.
  • Other player characters hair varies from ok to awful, the rest of the character models look too good in comparison, I know Imago_Quem is working on a lot of things and hopefully better flora and sky too.
  • Ducks, elephants and other critters etc all with a sign saying "A Duck" above their head, the graphics are perfect now so these labels seem unnecessary these days, at least restrict them to target only.
  • The Benny Hill music that plays in my head every time I see someone running around with masses of +run speed, I'm not against people being able to run a bit faster, but it seems a bit excessive compared to mount speeds.
MurFalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #30
Inferius
Server: Nektulos

Loremaster

• Hopefully this one is already fixed by the time you read this but,The memory leak issue.
  • Dungeons for duo/small groups of 3 or 4 players.(even it's just appearance loot like shard of love)
  • More old fashioned tank and spank dungeons (note I dont mean easy ,just not scripted is all)
  • A guild event calender
  • No more shards, it's been far too repetative especially if you have alts.
  • MORE Dragons in herioc instances ,why should raiders only get to fight them?
  • More quest lines involving the original content, perhaps rescaling old instances to max lvl.I know we can already set our level to match old content but you can hardly give level 80 quest rewards for lower lvl quests.
  • A reason to use the city's again.Since the introduction of Guild halls the citys look so empty it's offputting to new players.

Theres probably a few more but I dont want to make the list too long SMILEY

Thanks for letting us voice our opinions.