EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-17-2008, 09:46 AM   #151
Paikis

Loremaster

Krakelkrak wrote:
Paikis wrote:
Krakelkrak wrote:
Nice parses. Well done. Any troubs up for the challenge?

Since its been 3 days now and no one has shown any parses which beat mine, I'm going to assume that means its OK for me to keep my snooty superior attitude. Just so you know too, I removed every piece of raid gear I had, including my mythical and reparsed the wall using the Carrotidcutter and Anaphylaxis... i got this:

Allies: (00:45) 2835.07Paik 2835.07

snip

I reckon %-wise most of that is autoattack?I'd be hard pressed to better that myself being a dps class. But I blame it on the messed up ranged AA, not my city factionSMILEY
18% Thunderous Overture13% Slash12% Reverberating Shrill10% Precise note8% Pierce7% Tap Essence6% Dissonant Note4% Poison4% Ayonic Hymn4% Bright Blade3% Ceremonial Blade3% Chaos Anthem2% Night Strike6% other procs

Kaelas, Necromancer

Valindor, Templar

Paikis, Troubador

Ashk, Berserker

Mirbolt, Shadowknight
Paikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:52 PM   #152
Vlahkmaak
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

Been a few days with no constructive posts - if this is something you really want to support please get your guildies on the forums and support this thread - don't let the nerf ABC threads drown this issue out.

Again: All classes for all THREE factions not just one - make Haven a real city as a trade as it is anyhow.  More factions like eq1 imo.

Vlahkmaak 92 Troll Guardian Nagafen

Dwyrm 92 Dwarf Paladin Nagafen

Shoofaug 92 Iksar bruiser Nagafen

Vlah 92 Troll Inqy Nagafen

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Glavlahnus 92 Woodelf Ranger, betrayed and back again

Cructik 92 TROLL BL Nagafen
Vlahkmaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:12 PM   #153
Paikis

Loremaster

If you're getting all classes to raid, then exile's need pvp gear. After all if raid gear is soooo much better, we wont use the pvp gear right?

Kaelas, Necromancer

Valindor, Templar

Paikis, Troubador

Ashk, Berserker

Mirbolt, Shadowknight
Paikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 05:43 PM   #154
Meatmonster
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Highkeep Heros

Loremaster

I think opening all classes to both sides is a little drastic, when I think that the bulk of the desire for it really stems for what is perceived(and in reality probabaly is) the inability for faction based guilds to get mythicals. I think there are less drastic, and easier(Which is important to keep in mind when discussing Sony's desire to think about PVP players) way to solve this, like making mythicals in part PVP-token based, or allow factions to get versions of spells like dispatch/various stacking buffs/etc. that they normally couldnt.
Meatmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:53 PM   #155
Vlahkmaak

Loremaster

Paikis wrote:
If you're getting all classes to raid, then exile's need pvp gear. After all if raid gear is soooo much better, we wont use the pvp gear right?
Pakis buddy, start paying attention to the forums instead of gloating at yourself in the mirror: I have said YES to pvp gear for exiles and YES to signets for exiles too.  After all Haven IS a third faction, has all the other amenities of city life (mostly) so YES.  Give us all classes like the exiles and you get what we get - every one wins.  The whole FP Qeynos war thing was always weak lore anyhow.  Every blue server gets to raid, and progress, with all classes so should we - bloody population is so low the main city raid forces have a heck of a time finding people interested in raiding to actually raid it.  Furthermor PVP gets stimulated cuase we can pvp on the class we choose to pvp on.  Code should be simple enough to implement - you betray to class ABC and rebetray and clich I choose to Stay a X or I would like to become a Y.

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Old 06-21-2008, 08:56 PM   #156
Vlahkmaak

Loremaster

Disgustipate wrote:
 I think opening all classes to both sides is a little drastic, when I think that the bulk of the desire for it really stems for what is perceived(and in reality probabaly is) the inability for faction based guilds to get mythicals. I think there are less drastic, and easier(Which is important to keep in mind when discussing Sony's desire to think about PVP players) way to solve this, like making mythicals in part PVP-token based, or allow factions to get versions of spells like dispatch/various stacking buffs/etc. that they normally couldnt.
I disagree with this.  Classes are the simpler solution.  If we gave inqys the ability to cast templar spells and swashies the ability to dispatch then the blue servers would want these abilities too.  Just taking the city betrayal quest one step farther would IMO be the easiest and most cost effective solution forSOE.  Allowing all classes to CHOOSE the city they want to live and fight in would be a boon for PVP too - bluebies might become more interested in PVP servers if they could play the classes they wanted to for either city. 

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Old 06-22-2008, 12:08 PM   #157
Izzypop

Loremaster

I am hearing a lot of hate coming from the Venekor exile community here.I could understand if someone is an RP n a z i , but I would say they are wrong.  The RP n a z i s a minority of the playerbase that has serious rp issues with relatively neutral classes like rogues, coercers, & clerics being opened.  Most of the playerbase either has no rp issue with opening hte classes, or feels that resolving a critical class or alignment imbalance is more important than a small rp issue.I think the real problem with this issue is pure and simple hatred.  City players have given exile players so much blind hatred that all they know how to respond back with now is the same blind hatred.   It takes a lot of hard work raiding to beat VP.  Exiles feel they have made a major accomplishment by beating the end game PvP.  City factions feel they are cheated by the system and were never given a fair chance to compete against exile in PVE raiding.  Take a step back from the hatred & trolling and take a look at the heart of the issue.Does exile>City factions?  To find the answer ask 2 simple questions.Does access to all classes>PvP gear when PvE raidingDoes VP gear + Mythicals>PvP gear when PvPingIf the answer to both is yes then exile>city factionsTo restore balance there are few options.Destroy exile as an faction. This is a bad idea based on the foundation of punishing success and doesn't fix city factions problems with raiding.Improve city PvP items.  This is a bad idea as the token system is very flawed and rewards bad behavior like camping a soknar post with a small raid.Give away mythicals for tokens.  This is a bad idea for the same reasons as improving city pvp gear.Open all classes.  Would [Removed for Content] off a handful of RP n a z i s, but would fix the problem.Add code to allow city factions to mimic missing classes.  Like opening all classes but more complicated, more code, more balance issues, and more bugs to deal with.Looking at all the options to fix the issue exiles from Venekor should support opening all classes to city factions.Guilds should have a bit of respect for clearing the end game raid zones, but this will never happen as long as exile remains the only functioning raid faction and the factions all play under separate and unequal rules.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:53 PM   #158
Vlahkmaak

Loremaster

Please don't take my poke at Pakis as hatred - I ahve anything but hatred for him and some of the other exiles I ahve grouped with prior to ther trek to the OTHER dark side (if we ahve cookies what do they have - fudge brownies with mythical icing??? mmm). Alot of them know what they are doing and know the game well.  I have always supported Haven as a third faction, at least on the pvp servers, with full city priv's - its really not as dark and dank as the original intent and the small hovel of Haven ahs sprung into a minor city with a VERY large population.  The devs should recat to the game as it is currently being played by not punishing exiles and destroting their community (and part of their paying player base) but rather react to what is and accept it - Haven is a faction, intended or not, and give them the same rights we have - likewise give us all classes.  

The attainment of mythicals by exiles is NOT easy mode but IT IS easier than city based faction due to the ability to have at their disposal more grouping options.  Could any exile guild have attained what they have attained as a faction based guild?  We will never know because they '(exiles accross all PVP servers) never recruited the dedicated players they needed - even though their are more than enough in Haven on Nagafen alone to field a city based raid force to complete the same content they had completed prior to exile.  Is it true that re-factioned exile guilds are as efficient at raiding when they returned to the city as when exiled with all classes? Did the return to the city with VP gear and or mythicals equate to city faction clearing?  I say no.  When one cometes in one arena and returns with knowledge, superior gear and better weaponry then the equation is not true.  Did they then not return exile?  Whilst they may believe they were going to be able to complete the same content as a city based guild they re-exiled the truth is that even the best of intentions do not hold true becuase said raid force was better equiped.  Does better equipment equate to etter skill?  Of course not but take the same two players at lvl 12, one in island gear and fully equiped with app1 and the other in MC and ad3.  The later would be a harder kill than the prior.  Albeit they would still prob die to a superior skilled player the duration of sustainment would be longer.  The only real proof that the raid content can be beaten by a city based guild - without exile support (people exiling to purchase mythical updates and then re-factioning themselves) will be when a city based guild does thusly.

Now to the obvious.  The claim that city based guld lack dedication and or skill is lame at best.  Pick up raid forces of casual raiders on blue servers are killing t1 raid mobs and better with all classes - I do not believe that anyone on a pvp server believes that the bluebies are as dedicated as those that play to end game on a pvp server.  We all ahve an air of superiority in that regard and rightfully so.  Whilst they look down their nose at us as creatins who love to "grief" and kill each other when some poor soul is engaged we say nay - quest completion on a pvp server is much more intense than on  blue server due to the constant danger or the "real" mobs that do not path in a predetermined or slightly random order. 

Open all classes on pvp servers, provide PVP armor to exiles (after all if pvp is the main reason people exile then I am sure some crafty crafters in Haven will ahve stolen FP and Q pvp gear and farmed it off to China, Taiwan, or India, for mass productionsale to the Havenites).  Signets and such city items should be allowed too. 

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen