EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Templar
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-21-2007, 12:48 PM   #1
Occam

Loremaster

Cleric

* Stamina 3 - Severe Judgement: Restored to original 12.5% gain per rank.

http://patch.everquest2.com:7010/pa...dates_test.html

In the grand scheme of things it's not a big change, but it looks like they're giving it back to us. They've also reversed most of the deagro/transfer changes on test, which IS a big thing.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:07 PM   #2
dragontamer619

Loremaster

I noticed that too.  I wonder why the changed our melee crits back to the way it was.  I am sticking with Severe Judgement no matter what the final outcome will be.

The hate transfer / deaggro thing is interesting too.  I guess it all looked better on paper than in game.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:47 PM   #3
Caethre

Loremaster

Occam wrote:

Cleric

* Stamina 3 - Severe Judgement: Restored to original 12.5% gain per rank.

http://patch.everquest2.com:7010/pa...dates_test.html

Excellent! I hadn't read the Test patch notes, and this post was the first I've seen of this news. I am very pleased indeed to see the earlier proposed change has been reconsidered. 

In the grand scheme of things it's not a big change...

Opinions will always vary.

To me, this is a "big positive change", well, the reversal of a potentially big negative change really, since it means just "no change" in an absolute sense to this ability, but it is still good news.

As a Templar who spends almost her entire time in small groups or soloing, where every point of her own DPS matters as to what she can achieve in game, this very significant to me. Indeed, small group and solo playstyle Templars. and indeed all Templars who do like to solo and duo some of the time, and use Severe Judgement as the mainstay of their melee DPS, are likely to be very pleased.

Lady Lorianna Ardinwena [92/320 Monk|92 Carpenter](Koada`Dal)

Lady Suzanna Narinyaare [92/320 Conjuror|92 Woodworker](Koada`Dal)

Lady Annaelisa Lorinfinlinde [92/320 Fury|92 Tailor](Koada`Dal)

Lady Silvianna [92/320 Illusionist|92 Jeweler](Koada`Dal)

Jennianna [92/320 Dirge|92 Weaponsmith](Koada`Dal)

Aurielle [92/320 Wizard|92 Alchemist](Koada`Dal)

Valerianna [92/320 Guardian|92 Armourer](Koada`Dal)

Sarahanna [92/320 Swashbuckler|92 Provisioner](Koada`Dal)

Katherianna [92/286 Beserker|92 Sage](Koada`Dal)

Guildleader of The True Path - A roleplay-based guild (level 77) on Antonia Bayle
Caethre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:53 AM   #4
Occam

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:
Occam wrote:

In the grand scheme of things it's not a big change...

Opinions will always vary.

Let me clarify. This affects FAR fewer people then the deagro/transfer issue, thus it is not as big of a change. I'm not saying that it's not good or that it's not of primary importance to some people, but as a templar who likes to both raid and solo, I can see how the scope of this will be less impactful for the majority of players. SMILEY
Old 06-22-2007, 01:35 PM   #5
Kendricke

Loremaster

Occam wrote:

In the grand scheme of things it's not a big change, but it looks like they're giving it back to us.

On test, my average autoattack DPS increased from 278 to 291 over the course of 80 parses.  This is a comparison to last week's parse with +80% critical rate and this week's +100%.  No gear, spells, or achievements were changed or respecced between the parse runs.  The only change was the increase in effectiveness to Severe Judgement.

To clarify:  autoattack average DPS increased by 13, from 278 to 291 - an overall increase of 4.6%.

* -Opinions expressed in this post do not represent any current or past employers.
Kendricke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:06 PM   #6
Occam

Loremaster

Thank you for taking the time to run these tests, Kendricke.  SMILEY
Old 06-22-2007, 05:18 PM   #7
StevusX

Loremaster

so let me get this right...

A DEcrease in the melee crit % leads to an INcrease in the dps..... ! ?

err how exactly, assuming everything else remained the same ?

I would love someone to explain exactly how that is possible cos it does not make any sense to me...

otherwise i guess if i drop the whole melee crit AA then i will see a massive increase in my dps...SMILEY

StevusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 05:36 PM   #8
Kendricke

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

so let me get this right...

A DEcrease in the melee crit % leads to an INcrease in the dps..... ! ?

err how exactly, assuming everything else remained the same ?

I would love someone to explain exactly how that is possible cos it does not make any sense to me...

otherwise i guess if i drop the whole melee crit AA then i will see a massive increase in my dps...SMILEY

Not quite.

LIVE:  "Melee Standard" Build:  AGI: 448 STA: 448 +100% Melee criticals +60% DPS +20% double attacks +42% haste Average Auto-Attack DPS:  267

TEST (initial changes):  "Melee Standard" Build:  AGI: 448 STA: 448 +80% Melee criticals +20% DPS +52% double attacks +42% haste Average Auto-Attack DPS:  278

TEST (latest changes):  "Melee Standard" Build:  AGI: 448 STA: 448 +100% Melee criticals +20% DPS +52% double attacks +42% haste Average Auto-Attack DPS:  291

The big difference is that on Live, we have an increase to DPS.  On Test, we have an increase to double attacks.

* -Opinions expressed in this post do not represent any current or past employers.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:39 PM   #9
StevusX

Loremaster

cheers for the reply - but where does the increase to 52% double attacks come from please ?

that seems pretty nifty !

StevusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 02:45 PM   #10
dancemice

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

cheers for the reply - but where does the increase to 52% double attacks come from please ?

that seems pretty nifty !

It's in testing right now - On test SMILEY Gu 36 i think removes the 40 dps bonus templars get in agility 3 or 4 (can't recall exactly which) and replaces it with a 4% chance to double attack and a 4% increased shield effectivness. (for 32% bonus to double attack + yulap's base 20% - 52% total)

So more chances to bang and more protection. I'd still prefer the 40 dps, And unfortunatly i can't test this myself untill i get a toon high enough on test

And No, I'm not going to pvp test to get slaughtered on a regular basis just to test this SMILEY

-B-

Dogs have Owners - Cats have Staff.

dancemice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:23 PM   #11
Kendricke

Loremaster

dancemice wrote:

And No, I'm not going to pvp test to get slaughtered on a regular basis just to test this SMILEY

Where do you think I've been running these parses?