EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-28-2007, 04:39 PM   #1
Occam

Loremaster

I've been farming Poets lately when there's nothing else going on, but I find that dealing with the doors on the 3rd floor is really annoying. As far as I know, they just open and close at random, but I'm hoping there's some trick here that I just haven't heard of yet. Is there any way to get through the doors other then just sitting there waiting?
Old 05-28-2007, 05:10 PM   #2
Cathars

General

Watching and waiting is the only way ... and its a god awful design decision.
Cathars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:38 PM   #3
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

I hate poets because of the dolls and the doors. I still go every time I need some coins though which is about 2 or 3 times a week. I long ago gave up on finding a master I could actually use, but it's still somethign to do solo for coins and sometimes you get lucky.

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:33 PM   #4
Agaxiq
Server: Unrest
Guild: Ascendant

Loremaster

Agreed, considering how rare the 57-60 masters are now, and the low drop rate for masters in Poets Palace anyways: Make us do the statues *once*.  Its not challenging, its a mindless time sink.  If we have access to the mirror we shouldnt have to move those statues.  If anyone in the group hasn't done the mirror quest, they'll need to do the statues anyways.  Most people solo PP now anyways. If really needed, make us kill all the fodder cyclops that would have spawned otherwise. As for the doors, same thing.  Once you've done the mirror quest, just allow us to open the doors.  Less annoying than the statues though. Sad thing, this zone is easier than Cazels Mesa.  Cazel is still VERY tough and much harder than any mob in Poet's Palace. Still, this will all be a moot point once the level cap is increased.  The only thing left in T6 will be ancient teachings, assuming those don't get an upgrade in T8. agressiv
Agaxiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:56 PM   #5
Pins

General

[email protected] wrote:
Agreed, considering how rare the 57-60 masters are now, and the low drop rate for masters in Poets Palace anyways: Make us do the statues *once*.  Its not challenging, its a mindless time sink.  If we have access to the mirror we shouldnt have to move those statues.  If anyone in the group hasn't done the mirror quest, they'll need to do the statues anyways.  Most people solo PP now anyways. If really needed, make us kill all the fodder cyclops that would have spawned otherwise. As for the doors, same thing.  Once you've done the mirror quest, just allow us to open the doors.  Less annoying than the statues though. Sad thing, this zone is easier than Cazels Mesa.  Cazel is still VERY tough and much harder than any mob in Poet's Palace. Still, this will all be a moot point once the level cap is increased.  The only thing left in T6 will be ancient teachings, assuming those don't get an upgrade in T8. agressiv
You don't have to do the statues if you've done the mirror quest.

Calaglin, Former Illusionist/Guild Leader of Confirmed on Unrest
Pins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:01 PM   #6
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

Pinski wrote:
He's (she) obviously talking about having to do them to spawn the 2 named.

A Cure For Cancer
Old 05-29-2007, 04:05 PM   #7
Agaxiq
Server: Unrest
Guild: Ascendant

Loremaster

Rahatmattata wrote:
Pinski wrote:
He's (she) obviously talking about having to do them to spawn the 2 named.
Yes, sorry I didn't make that clear.  Hitting named in PP is the only reason (IMO) to go there after you've done all the quests. If it were just one named, I'd consider skipping it, but its two... and the two that for me have always dropped the best loot. I still have yet to get a master spell drop in there though, although I have a lot of legendary/fabled transmuting fodder. agressiv
Agaxiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:17 AM   #8
Pogopuschel

Loremaster

I agree both the statues and the doors are annoying... but seriously people solo the zone with relative ease (most classes can anyway, some in 20 minutes). If you take these two minor time sinks out, what's left? It's basically free money already... Even if you just get 2 legendary items and just treasured stuff otherwise, I couldn't imagine a place where you can make that much (solo) in that short amount of time. I'm really against stupid time sinks, but removing those two would be basically just free money for all max level characters.

Runnyeye.Luitgard, 80 Berserker - Member of Xanadu

... and a few alts...

80 Troubadour / 80 Dirge / 80 Ranger / 80 Warden / 80 Illusionist / 80 Mystic / 80 Necromancer / 80 Warlock / 80 Brigand
Pogopuschel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:12 AM   #9
Triste-Lune

Loremaster

at least you dont need a group anymore to do that zone like before, if one of your member took a ninja afk and missed the door that zone was easely getting boring...
Old 05-30-2007, 11:01 AM   #10
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
I agree both the statues and the doors are annoying... but seriously people solo the zone with relative ease (most classes can anyway, some in 20 minutes). If you take these two minor time sinks out, what's left? It's basically free money already... Even if you just get 2 legendary items and just treasured stuff otherwise, I couldn't imagine a place where you can make that much (solo) in that short amount of time. I'm really against stupid time sinks, but removing those two would be basically just free money for all max level characters.
As a brigand it takes me about an hour to go through the zone. Nine times out of ten I come out with about 80g worth of vendor trash, mabye 1p50g if I get lucky and get a rare to sell. You can go almost anywhere in T7 and kill trash and make that kind of money in that amount of time. The *only* reason PP is even worth doing anymore is the small one in a million chance of a rare master.

A Cure For Cancer
Old 05-31-2007, 05:11 AM   #11
Tharangus

Loremaster

Rahatmattata wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
As a brigand it takes me about an hour to go through the zone. Nine times out of ten I come out with about 80g worth of vendor trash, mabye 1p50g if I get lucky and get a rare to sell. You can go almost anywhere in T7 and kill trash and make that kind of money in that amount of time. The *only* reason PP is even worth doing anymore is the small one in a million chance of a rare master.
It's not that rare... I run through there daily and see a master drop at least once per week.  But I also take the time to spawn the named on the second floor as well.  Takes me about 20 minutes just on this floor since I know the sequence on the statues by heart.
Tharangus is offline   Reply With Quote