EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Swashbuckler
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-26-2006, 01:57 AM   #1
Crewzer

Loremaster

Ok, as lame as this sounds I am about to hit 70 and I honestly have no idea which direction to go with my aa's. I have 17 and have thrown them into what I thought would benifit me most but evidently I was wrong. I want to be PURE DPS. I want the most DPS I can squeeze out of my little wood elf body. The AA that makes the MOB turn around and the Feign death AA are two that I definately want. But DPS is the main objective. Also,  I am lost on the whole "go down this aa path and you have to use a rapier, go down this one and your playing a tank, go down this one yada yada yada. For the most PURE DPS which way should I go and what weapons will I be using. I personally have loved my duel wielding but if I can get more DPS out of another than I will eat the pp loss from my current weapons and move on. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Bang
Crewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:20 AM   #2
Sadaen

Loremaster

For the most raw DPS go with Str/Wisdom build with a one hander. (Fabled if yah can get it).

You cannot get FD and be built for your DPS maxium. Just not enough points to do it. For wisdom you want 4/4/4/8 for Str you want 4/4/4/8 if your a rading kinda dude you want to finish str and get Traumatic Swipe. If not points might be better spent getting the turn around ability (Walk the Plank) in the Agility AA path ;p

There is a sticky at the top that goes in to depth about different builds what they mean and how many points it takes.

Sadaen

70 Swashbuckler

Blackburrow

Harms Way

Old 07-26-2006, 06:51 PM   #3

there are only two paths you can go for DPS as a raiding swashy: either STR + AGI or STR + WIS, if you don't raid AGI+WIS is an option too. Arguably WIS + (AGI or STR) is better DPS than STR + AGI.

Atten, Swashbuckler of Drow
 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:44 PM   #4
m0ya

Loremaster

Anyone can tell me how Wis/str and Str/agi can be better dps than Agi/Wis. I never make parse like I,m doing right now .. I can do soem 1.6K on a 2½mins fight, with Agi/wis.
m0ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:22 AM   #5
Rokjin

Loremaster

It depends on what your doing. I'm probably going to end up typing up a guide for all our AA's, since I have now quantified pretty much exactly how much damage you gain from STR,AGI and WIS.

Referencing this: http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=combat&message.id=109100 since I've already done calculations there.

Str will raise our damage dependent on what your ratio of auto-attack to CA damage is, and what weapons you are using. Using 33/66 ratio for auto-attack to CA damage, the 8 points of Blackguard's Luck will raise your overall damage ~6%.

Avast Ye is a bit harder to quantify on how much it actually increases your damage, but in another thread, I calculated it to do ~60-70 DPS with 395 STR at level 70, not considering opponent mitigation into it, and assuming you are behind/at the sides of a mob whenever you are attacking. Note that this 60-70 DPS is increased by Haste, but NOT by DPS, so if you are running at 100% DPS mod, Blackguard's Luck and Unencumberance will raise your damage ~12% and ~16-18% respectively, while Avast Ye will still be at the 60-70 DPS boost.

Unencumberance again is hard to quantify, as it will depend on how much you auto-attack and the quality of the 1H you can get in comparison to what DWs you can get. Using the 33/66 ratio again though, I've calculated it will increase overall damage by ~8-9%.

So, if you do approximately 1000 DPS, Avast Ye will raise your DPS by about the same amount as Blackguard's Luck, if you are sitting at 0% DPS mod at all times, and are always to the side of/behind the mob. Wisdom will come out in front, dependent on how much you auto-attack and the quality of your 1H weapon in comparison to the DWs.

Going higher then 1000 DPS, Unencumberance and Blackguard's Luck are clear cut winners, as they raise your overall damage, while Avast Ye provides a set constant DPS, that is only modified by Haste, your STR and the mob's mitigation. Unencumberance is modified on top of that by DPS%, your weapon and the amount of time spent auto-attacking, and Blackguard's Luck is modified on top of all of that by the quality of your CAs.

Since STR/WIS scale the best with buffs, they are the clear cut winners for Raid settings, where you have lots of buffs and good equipment.

Note: This only looks at the abilities in the three trees that give straight increases to DPS, and are the biggest DPS increasers. For example Sailwind, Lunge Reversal and Coule all also increase DPS, but by much smaller amounts then the 'main' dps increase abilities.
Rokjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:37 PM   #6
aubreyy

Loremaster

I was put in a pretty good raid group tonight. SK, Dirge, and fury. I am going STR 4458 WIS 44488, and I parsed 1900+ 4 times (2 named encounters). I have to use ignorant bliss now, because even with my transfer on the MT and detaunting, I am getting mad aggro. I went WIS INT before, and topped 1300. STR makes a big diff IMO. 
Old 07-27-2006, 07:48 PM   #7
Rokjin

Loremaster

aubreyy wrote:
I was put in a pretty good raid group tonight. SK, Dirge, and fury. I am going STR 4458 WIS 44488, and I parsed 1900+ 4 times (2 named encounters). I have to use ignorant bliss now, because even with my transfer on the MT and detaunting, I am getting mad aggro. I went WIS INT before, and topped 1300. STR makes a big diff IMO. 

STR IS a good line for DPS, but I think your dps has more to due with the group you had. Best case situations Blackguard's Luck will add at most some 8, maybe 10% to your DPS. In your case that would vary from some 100-150 DPS it looks like.

Its amazing how much Haste and DPS buffs make for us. I had the Fury zerk put on me in a Palace of the Awakened run, and that boosted my DPS by a good 300-400, every fight. Your fellow group members buffs make much more difference then our AAs.

Rokjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:42 AM   #8
aubreyy

Loremaster

ya, i know it was the group i was in, but the fact is that ive had the same group make up before, and not put out that much. The other fact is that the other DPS classes I was grouped with were not putting out anywhere near that. When i was moved to a less desirable group, still hitting 1500+
Old 07-28-2006, 05:15 AM   #9
AegisCrown

Loremaster

str/wis nuf said

EQ2 Flames - Swashbuckler
AegisCrown is offline   Reply With Quote