EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Defiler
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-16-2004, 09:22 PM   #1
Garganim

Hey guys, I have a Master 1 Baleful Countenance Scroll and wasn't sure what a fair price is for it.  Can you guys help me by chiming in as to what it's worth?

Thanks
Garganim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 12:09 AM   #2
Zagen

Which server are you on? If guk, ill buy it. send me a tell in game.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:13 AM   #3
SideshowBob

Loremaster

The cheapest Master spell I have ever seen was selling for 4gp. Sorry I can't recall the name of the spell off the top of my head. I only had around 5gp to my name, so it's not like I could have really afforded it back then even if I wanted it  SMILEY  Most master spells I have seen are upwards of 7-8gp. Although the price may start coming down as more and more of the player base is starting to adventure in the areas where these high level scrolls are prone to drop.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but hopefully that will give you a starting point when you go to sell it.  Good luck!
SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 12:32 AM   #4
AstralDrea

Most master spells on AB I have seen are more like 25-50 gold. 4-10 gold is too cheap, sorry. Especially for an ability a Defiler would use so much.
Dreanna - AB - Lvl 21 Wizard
Demokus - AB - Lvl 24 Monk

Dream a new world
AstralDrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 12:38 AM   #5
Ham

I'd price it around 4s if your on Crushbone and 100p anywhere else *wink wink*

Umm.. seriously tho, no idea. Over 5g, you best bet would be to start at some insane price and then work your way down - people would pay WAY more than the recommened price just to get their hands on that puppy. lol
Old 12-17-2004, 12:41 AM   #6
SideshowBob

Loremaster

AstralDreams wrote:
Most master spells on AB I have seen are more like 25-50 gold. 4-10 gold is too cheap, sorry. Especially for an ability a Defiler would use so much.

Unfortunately, I wasn't the one selling the spells therefore setting the prices; wish I was, as I would have significantly more money to my name than I do now.  I was just reporting what they generally go for on Crushbone. Can't speak for other servers as I do not have a character on those. I also mentioned that I didn't recall what the name of the spell was - perhaps was something like Minor Arch Healing which would explain it only going for 4-10 gold because it's not used much.

Perhaps I should clarify my advice to the OP:
Check the market boards on your server regularly (including the blackmarket merchant) for a given period of time, say a week, to give youself an idea of the going rate for Master spells on your server. That way you should have a solid base to set your asking price that you are comfortable with.

SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 03:28 AM   #7
Cathair

Loremaster

I don't use baleful countenance so much because I don't like the illusion as it currently is.  The stat effects are alright but the illusion changing me from a gnome to a human (an ugly one at that) is a problem for me.  I use this spell sparingly when I am taking on an npc that is particularly hard (oranges) but have it off most the time for greens, blues, whites, and even yellows.  It will be much more valueable to me when they fix the illusion because wouldn't mind running around as myself in spectre form.
Cathair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 04:55 AM   #8
Crados

That's a tough one because that spell becomes obsolete once you get its upgrade at I think 34? So its market is only to players less than that level who generally don't have 20gp to blow on a spell. That said its a master spell and ultra rare so I'd open it up at that range 20-25gp
Crados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 11:42 AM   #9
Hare

I don't believe the Master 1 spell will be worth 20s.

I upgraded my Baleful Countanence to Adept 3 from Adept 1, and I got a whopping extra 4 hps and 5 power.
Hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 05:39 PM   #10
Di0Xi

ow that sucks Hareq.But yeah as loosely stated baleful countenance has two things lowering its value and these are:1. Its just a buff - a self only one at that. Buff upgrades generally give very little, I have upgraded some spells from app1 to adept1 and only got 2 strength and 2 stamina. Auspice from app1 to adept1 gave me very little as well and thats only a single target buff. So I expect even a master1 would give very little, decreasing its desirability substantially. Also its hard to see what a buff upgrade does unless you compare before and after figures, so most people will happily stick to app3 or adept1. Add in fact you can spend less money on some nice rare/uncommon item and get more or similar benefit wheras if it was a heal or damage spell there is a huge differance. Now Baleful countenance may have fear and damage procs but the damage proc is so rare at adept1 I'm often not sure its the proc itself or one of my DoTs and the fear proc is annoying.2. It gets replaced at level 34. So this is 20-34 which is 14 levels of useage. To some that may be a while but not many at level 20 will be willing to splash out many gold on a master 1 spell. Although while Someone at say 27 might be more willing they have far less chance to benefit from it.So with all these things against it I would say that it probably isn't worth any of these crazy 20ish gold figures people are quoting. Maybe 5 gold at a push if someone wanted it just for the novelty and/or has a lot of money to spare.

Message Edited by Di0XiDe on 12-18-2004 12:39 PM

Kildred - Gnome Druid (Antonia Bayle)

Also been Krald in Horizons (retired)

Kirinta, Krangaf, Gargak and Langlam in WoW.
Di0Xi is offline   Reply With Quote