EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-08-2017, 04:37 AM   #1
knine

So we can’t put into what we want, which most people at this point in the game was CB and STA. No one uses the consumable ones unless you actually make them worthwhile. Guess it fixes the problem of people forgetting to spend points. But everyone is the same again lol except for those that had a ton of points already sunk into the good diety pints.
knine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:47 AM   #2
Mermut

What did they do with them?
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:17 AM   #3
knine

Tithe points may now only be used to purchase consumable deity abilities, and can no longer be used to increase Divine Potency, Divine Stamina, or Divine Critbonus. Divine attributes will be obtained via a method that directly increases the level of the attribute in a future beta update.
The required XP to gain a tithe point is now 5 percent of the total XP required for the character's current level.

notes are out for tomorrows beta update.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:47 AM   #4
Mermut

o_O
Well, I suppose it is... good... to know we can ignore them in PoP.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:53 AM   #5
Earar

then what happens to people being 70 and others being 50 in tithe ?

u can't increase anymore ? so people ahead will stay ahead forever (though they might have been Tongue but still)
Old 11-08-2017, 09:49 AM   #6
Lucus

my thoughts are whether it is good or bad is weather you can net more points from quest turn ins (like repeatables) and whether they revert the window itself to show you how much progress to the next level you have.

If tithe points are only spendable in the abilities now i reckon some of them could use updating and/or a new one that is basically an ability that you pay tithe for and cast that gives you deity favor (the old deity system).

so you can spend tithe for favor if you want instead of sacrificing gear away.
Lucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:56 AM   #7
Ingerimm

What a peculiar question => So tithe points now useless? ... the answer is simple => no.

Bringing the system back to what it once was thought does not make it useless, on the contrary, it brings many things that have gone awry since 2 add-ons back into balance.

Tithe points were thought to use these for the gods spells and put the surplus in the static points. Where these have been introduced, few people have taken the opportunity to increase the static values.

Only when the developers miscalculated with the ToT and KA AddOn did the mass of players use the static points, creating a massive gap in the players' performance to each other.

Correcting this again is a good thing. By the end of the PoP addon, the gap between the players should be closed again.

Now that a tithe point to buy the Gods Spells at level 110 will cost approximately 9,800,000 experience is easily explained by the increase in experience per quest in PoP. Instead of getting 10 points with each quest, it's about 1 to 4 points depending on the quest and bonus experience.

There will be another system for boosting the static god points and this one will also take some effort to achieve something there.

Only this system is just decoupled to the old system we last knew.

So where should be a problem here? Especially if you do not even know what the new system looks like for the static points?

Now you can confidently use gods abilities without paying attention to an even loss of static point effect. Much better than that, it does not work anymore.
Ingerimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:22 AM   #8
Earar

but they need to update those spells.

for exemple the rallos zek point .. not clear what it does

others became weak

but we need to see the full changes
Old 11-08-2017, 01:52 PM   #9
Sudedor

I do see one problem with the system as it stands now:

The majority of experience for leveling was moved to quests . . . once you are level 110, or have finished all the quests, grinding out 10 million XP for a single point may turn out to be excessive. I'm not sure how useful those abilities may or may not be, I know they were never "must have".

I do agree that the STA / CB / Potency pools should be part of character progression, and not a deity system, which seems to be the direction the Devs want to go. I look forward to seeing what they do with it, but like others here, I'm concerned that the removal be quickly followed with this solution, since leaving it out entirely could create a permanent gap in player power levels.

I guess it also feels weird to me that we now have two deity systems that do the exact same thing. The "old" system requires you to spend "currency" (status) to obtain abilities . . . the "new" system now does the exact same thing. Shouldn't we just merge these two systems? Do away with them entirely?
Old 11-08-2017, 02:11 PM   #10
Ingerimm

Actually there is no problem there, daily missions are just as quests as repeatable faction quests, key quests, public quests and so on, quests will never run out of the game EverQuest means, so there will be no problem here.

Making the necessary and gained experience a quantum leap with PoP has the sole reason for preventing people from using old zones without any challenge to power grind experience or tithe.

The problem so far was just that, with the right class you do not have to do anything but run through the old instances or open zones, the mobs have blown away e.g. at the shields of the defilers themselves, or the pets have done the work in the pet classes since these in defend mode, the mobs of the old zones have blown away. At least once, the developers are tackling these problems with their new system.

Also a kind of exploit in my eyes.

Therefore, all PoP quests and experiences have been adapted to the new level of experience required.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:43 PM   #11
Scrappyz

Zek's Dev of War is a massive DoT that was huge on parses in ToT.. Due to the deity stat changes in KA I hadn't been messing with DoW to put my points into the stats. With the change however, I'll look into using more DoW's and seeing how they fair these days.

Mind you, that's also only obtainable for an evil toon.. Goodies don't get that fun spell Tongue
Old 11-08-2017, 04:02 PM   #12
Mermut

Except almost all of the 'gods abilities' are worthless. Aside from tribual and zek, I don't see a single one worth using.. and only evil toons can use Zek..
Old 11-08-2017, 04:06 PM   #13
Wreakinn

Quoted for emphasis. Change the system, fine. But do revamp the options, as they are so weak that people won't use them.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:37 PM   #14
Sudedor

Sure about that? I haven't checked the specific PoP repeatables, but usually repeatable quests only give XP the first time you do them. They continue to give faction and coin each time, but typically only the first time gives XP.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:56 PM   #15
Mermut

They've been giving xp on beta.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:03 PM   #16
Earar

how could with :

focuses the eye of zek upon the caster's target, ravaging the target's mind.

know it's a big DoT ? I thought it was some crappy stun or some other form of CC
Old 11-08-2017, 05:08 PM   #17
knine

Confidently use god abilities that in their current state are worthless. Good call. A lot of people lost out on tithe points because they couldn’t remember to go spend them. You want to adjust how tithe is actually earned go for it, but now everyone will be the same again and play time means nothing, because you now remove the ability to increase that stat that we want to. Guess we will have to see how it’s tealkh going to affect us, but in the long run I see it being pointless to put all my time in the game when I will still be the same as the person putting in less time. We shall see what that future beta update brings. I mean there is only 20 days to get it in and see how it works.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:15 PM   #18
Scrappyz

I've used it in ToT, so I know its capability.. however, for someone new? I dunno how one would know lol
Old 11-08-2017, 06:22 PM   #19
semisus

i would like to know what this exactly mean , for example i went back to potency and now am 51 in that but my crit bonus aint that high , should i try to get some crit bonus points before the launch ?
Old 11-08-2017, 06:38 PM   #20
Earar

yeah

well it's not that much .. if u got 30 points in CB .. u have 15 CB overcap
Old 11-08-2017, 06:50 PM   #21
Kander

Developer

We'll be using alternate means to grant points for passives.
Kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:20 PM   #22
Bardonio

This is great news! Thank you FINALLY!
Old 11-08-2017, 08:22 PM   #23
Beee

I bet they will remove the difference Eek
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:12 AM   #24
knine

You must be one that couldn’t remember to spend pints. Really wasn’t hard concept.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:14 AM   #25
knine

The question wasn’t answered. Let’s say we have over 70 points into tithe. That now gets change. Do we lose all our potentcy that we’ve gained to bring everyone back to being the same, or will our potentcy remain unchanged and we will then earn the passive adding to what we already have?
Old 11-09-2017, 04:25 AM   #26
Scrappyz

From the minor change already, you don't lose anything. It'll just add to what you have.. The details of how, only the devs know right now =P
Old 11-09-2017, 07:04 AM   #27
Bolbir

I love to grind tithe and have paid for tithe potion from market place lots of times. It would feel very sad if i would loose all i have worked hard for.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:21 AM   #28
Mermut

It doesn't appear that they are removing tithe points already spent. They're just making it so you can't grind them one PoP release.

Note: Yes, I realize we'll be 'able' to spend the 'new' tithe on the tithe deity abilities, but those don't improve our toons and most are of, at best, dubious value.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:14 AM   #29
Mermut

I play a healer. DPS is not my primary focus. Woth the hotbar space, is.
The number of fights where a power drain is required is small.. and those that DO need it need it more often then a deity ability can put out. (See last mob in Temple), so you need a class with a regular drain anyway.
For the Mith Marr cure... I play a healer.. I don't need another cure.. especially one that only works on me.

Also, given how much xp is going to be required for each tithe point, purchasing said abilities is going to be very expensive, time-wise. If they're going to be that 'rare', they'll only be used when they'll tip the balance... and none of these will. I suppose the cure curse might be if your healers mess up big time and you only need to use it once every 30 min (that's the time limit on the cure curse part working...)
Old 11-09-2017, 09:25 AM   #30
Ingerimm

@Mermut
These were just examples, there are a few more things to choose from. That does not fit any god and any ability to any class, whether RPG technical or factional technically according to the sentiments should also be clear.

It should also be clear to everyone that these are only situational abilities and emergency skills.
So nothing that you use permanently around the clock during the season with every trash mob.