EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2012, 02:02 AM   #1
Minorious

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 74
Default

This started over 2 years ago in mid 2010 and has been updated by many official people at SOE through the months including Fan Faire. However, it has seemed to drop off the radar as of August of last year when we were told "It has NOT dropped off the radar", but wouldn't be implimented until after the next update.

Well, here I sit for 2 years with a 90 provisioner/42 Illusionist I can't stand and want to reset the Illusionist to something I can level.

Now, to give everyone an update on what I'm talking about, MANY people have created high level tradeskillers but with a low level adventure class they can't stand since we have to create an adventurer "before" we create the tradeskiller.  Then we realize we created the wrong adventure class to begin with, but now have a high level tradeskiller we don't want to lose by completely re-rolling.

To make matters even worse, as a provisioner I have the ability to make some amazing items at 92 but need dungeon and raid rares to make them. I'll NEVER get my Illusionist to end-game to aquire the rares. It was painful enough to get it to 42. lol.

Anyway, the last official update we had on this was....

1. It was going to be a quested reset.2. It would reset your Adventure level down to between 1-10 so you can pick another and start over.3. All AA's would be lost.4. Tradeskill would not be affected.5. It would happen sometime after DoV launch.

Like myself, many of us have been patiently waiting for this for over 2 years. Any new update on this??

I would REALLY like to adventure with my Provisioner so I can someday soon be able to aquire the rares I need.

Minorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:14 AM   #2
Febrith
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Midnight legion
Rank: High Council

Loremaster
Febrith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 28
Default

Oh I totally second this request, me and my 40ish/92 assasin/weaponsmith just don't see eye to eye and I don't want to betray to ranger as I already have one.

__________________
92 Carpenter/Jeweller/Tailor/Weaponsmith/Woodworker/Provisioner/Alchemist/Sage/Armourer

90 Warden/Ranger/Paladin/Dirge

of Runnyeye
Febrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
Hateeternal

Loremaster
Hateeternal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Berlin
Posts: 155
Default

I don't quite understand the problem here.

If you have a 90 tradeskiller with an adventure class you don't like, just make a new char with a class you like and play it.

Most of the items you need are heritage or tradeable anyway, so you can "hand it down" to the tradeskiller who needs it.

Also, levelling any class to endgame and gearing it up for dungeons and so on, is a piece of cake nowadays.

You have the golden path and mercenaries... SMILEY

__________________
Ihr seid lästig und habt euch noch nicht entschieden, wen ihr nerven werdet.

SOE Schedule:

8:00: see what isn't broken yet and break it

10:00: ban players complaining about it on the board

11:00: implement stuff noone wants, that breaks other stuff

-repeat-
Hateeternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
7foggynites

Lord
7foggynites's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 112
Default

^^^ To the poster above me, they might not want to reroll if they have limited character slots or they don't want to use the shared bank slots to move things around. Maybe they just like their tradeskiller and don't want to make an alt.

Now the primary focus in my post...

Didn't the original game have it so that you had to select your adventurer class AFTER you created your character at like level 10 or 20? Base class at 10, sub-class at 20. Later on they decided to have class selection in char creation.

That true?

If so, then they should already have some code to work with to allow people to reset their adventure class.

As I understand it, the base adventure classes are priests, fighters, scouts, mages.

__________________
"Get up and feel the freedom, stay down and feel the tyranny."
7foggynites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #5
kdmorse

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 653
Default

There was a thread in one of the temporary forums (beta, special forum for a GU test, I don't remember) - where the idea appeared to have died an ugly death.  Mostly centered around AA. 

It got all mired up in what happens when you reset AA, do you have to reset the quests and discos that give AA, or you are at a disadvantage getting that AA back.  The original idea of course revolves are high level crafters with low level adventurers.  But the argument got all tangled up in what happens with you reset a 90/320 adventurer, with thousands of quests completed, HQ's, Signature items, the conversation went completely off the rails, and a red name basically said there are too many things to consider to cover all cases, probably ain't gonna happen.

I doubt it's still on anyone's radar.

kdmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

Anyone's radar it might have been on is probably no longer on EQ2.

But its ok bro, you can level to 90 tradeskills in like 12 hours tops now.  So I wouldn't hold out much longer on it.

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #7
Minorious

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 74
Default

Hateeternal wrote:

I don't quite understand the problem here.

If you have a 90 tradeskiller with an adventure class you don't like, just make a new char with a class you like and play it.

Most of the items you need are heritage or tradeable anyway, so you can "hand it down" to the tradeskiller who needs it.

Also, levelling any class to endgame and gearing it up for dungeons and so on, is a piece of cake nowadays.

You have the golden path and mercenaries...

I'm not rerolling my 92 Provisioner. Their a pain to level nowadays. I've got all my 8 character slots filled ( mostly 90 characters ) and I need my provisioner to support them. I just hate the Illusionist and would like to level my Provy up as a Monk, which I don't have yet.

About a year ago SOE tried the code for this by creating a npc on test that would instantly change your class to an Inquisitor without altering your tradeskill. It worked perfect from what I heard. It didn't go live because of all the chatter from some individuals that were bragging about how to exploit it in a couple ways. SOE said they were going to continue to work on it.

This is a Biggie for me, my wife, and many others in the same boat as I am. I don't see what the big deal is with implimenting this. We can reset our name, our tradeskill, our race, our stats, and even our sex... Whats so hard about being able to reset our class?

Minorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #8
Minorious

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 74
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Anyone's radar it might have been on is probably no longer on EQ2.

But its ok bro, you can level to 90 tradeskills in like 12 hours tops now.  So I wouldn't hold out much longer on it.

12 hours? My wife has been working on it for weeks and it's a painstaking process nowadays since they removed the first creation bonus. I tried to recreate my provisioner a few months back and was falling asleep after about 20 hours, and was only in my 40's. And thats with full Vit and 110% pots. AND I was doing rush orders. Redoing my Provy isn't an option at this point. Also, I've got no characters to create it on atm.

I've got all 8 character slots used right now. 5 level 90 chars, 2 level 92 characters in adventuring. Of the 8 total characters I have, all but 2 are also 90/92 tradeskillers. So, yea, I need to reset my Provisioner's class. lol.

And to the person that said that the items I need from Dungeons are tradeable, I don't think so. When I first looked into it, I'm pretty sure thay were non-tradable. Thats when I, and many others flipped because that meant we had to take the tradeskiller that needed that particular item in there. At the time, I think my adventuring level on my Provy was about 25 or so. lol.

Now, that was a long time ago and things may have changed. I'll look into it.

Minorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #9
Seiffil
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Grievance
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
Seiffil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 854
Default

Minorious wrote:

This is a Biggie for me, my wife, and many others in the same boat as I am. I don't see what the big deal is with implimenting this. We can reset our name, our tradeskill, our race, our stats, and even our sex... Whats so hard about being able to reset our class?

The biggest question has always been what to do with the toon's AA when you reset the adventure class.  Does my 92 coercer, 92 jeweler with 320 AA's go down to a level 9 wizard with 320 AA?  How much AA do you lose, do you reset all your quests so you can redo them as a different class?  A crafter loses everything down to level 9, and while the AA are nice, those 40 AA you could spend entirely on crafting AAs, have nowhere near the impact on the game  as the 320 AA you have waiting for you to reach every new AA access tier as an adventurer.

Seiffil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #10
Malleria

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 163
Default

Minorious wrote:

I'm not rerolling my 92 Provisioner. Their a pain to level nowadays. I've got all my 8 character slots filled ( mostly 90 characters ) and I need my provisioner to support them. I just hate the Illusionist and would like to level my Provy up as a Monk, which I don't have yet.

So... is the problem that you don't have the room on the account to make a new character, and thus you need to make one of your existing ones into the class you want? Cause the obvious solution to that would be... buy an additional character slot in the marketplace.

Even if they did implement what you're asking for, it'd be in the marketplace and probably for 1500+ SC. Which is more than the character slot.

Or is it just that you absolutely want your provi to be a 92 adventurer as well? Cause it doesn't make much difference anymore.

Malleria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:48 PM   #11
Hogatha

Loremaster
Hogatha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 116
Default

Malleria wrote:

Even if they did implement what you're asking for, it'd be in the marketplace and probably for 1500+ SC. Which is more than the character slot.

I think a class change potion that allows to retain current level (for purchase in SC) might not be a bad idea, and it SHOULD be the most expensive item on there.  It would be a thing of convenience, so saving the time to level should be pricey.  I don't know how many toons I've had almost max level and deleted and started over.  It's not that hard, but a class change that allows you to keep your accrued AA points (and resets basically everything but quests completed) would be appealing.  Don't know that I'd buy one at this point, and will probably wish I stuck my foot in my mouth after saying this, but it would be a money maker hehe.

That being said, they could also include a quest (at no charge) that would reset the adv level to 1 for players and erase AA points/adv quests completed, who would rather start from scratch and not have to pay for it.

Hogatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #12
Minorious

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 74
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Minorious wrote:

This is a Biggie for me, my wife, and many others in the same boat as I am. I don't see what the big deal is with implimenting this. We can reset our name, our tradeskill, our race, our stats, and even our sex... Whats so hard about being able to reset our class?

The biggest question has always been what to do with the toon's AA when you reset the adventure class.  Does my 92 coercer, 92 jeweler with 320 AA's go down to a level 9 wizard with 320 AA?  How much AA do you lose, do you reset all your quests so you can redo them as a different class?  A crafter loses everything down to level 9, and while the AA are nice, those 40 AA you could spend entirely on crafting AAs, have nowhere near the impact on the game  as the 320 AA you have waiting for you to reach every new AA access tier as an adventurer.

I understand and yes you are right. However, this reset was not designed ( as discussed last year ) for a high level character to be reset. It was supposed to be for those crafters that created the wrong adventurer. So lets say you created an Illusionist because it sounded like fun to play. Then, at level 10, you created a Provisioner ( which I did ). Then I get my Provy to 90 while playing my Illusionist to about 30 or so ( not very high ) then realize I don't like the Illy.

I don't care about my AA at that point. I'll be starting a new adventurer at that point so I'll be able to start fresh and do all the quests again. I don't see why it would be so hard to do this. Just wipe your adventure class and prompt you for a new one. Once selected you would start at level 9 or 10 with 0 AA. How hard is that?

This concept was never designed to reset a high level adventurer. Only a lower one you made a mistake creating.

Minorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:28 AM   #13
Minorious

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 74
Default

Malleria wrote:

Minorious wrote:

I'm not rerolling my 92 Provisioner. Their a pain to level nowadays. I've got all my 8 character slots filled ( mostly 90 characters ) and I need my provisioner to support them. I just hate the Illusionist and would like to level my Provy up as a Monk, which I don't have yet.

So... is the problem that you don't have the room on the account to make a new character, and thus you need to make one of your existing ones into the class you want? Cause the obvious solution to that would be... buy an additional character slot in the marketplace.

Even if they did implement what you're asking for, it'd be in the marketplace and probably for 1500+ SC. Which is more than the character slot.

Or is it just that you absolutely want your provi to be a 92 adventurer as well? Cause it doesn't make much difference anymore.

The Dev's said it would be a Quest, not an SC reset. It's coming, I was just asking if anyone has heard anything recently.

Minorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #14
Malleria

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 163
Default

Minorious wrote:

The Dev's said it would be a Quest, not an SC reset. It's coming, I was just asking if anyone has heard anything recently.

It's nice that you still believe that SMILEY

Malleria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:13 AM   #15
Seiffil
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Grievance
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
Seiffil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 854
Default

Minorious wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Minorious wrote:

This is a Biggie for me, my wife, and many others in the same boat as I am. I don't see what the big deal is with implimenting this. We can reset our name, our tradeskill, our race, our stats, and even our sex... Whats so hard about being able to reset our class?

The biggest question has always been what to do with the toon's AA when you reset the adventure class.  Does my 92 coercer, 92 jeweler with 320 AA's go down to a level 9 wizard with 320 AA?  How much AA do you lose, do you reset all your quests so you can redo them as a different class?  A crafter loses everything down to level 9, and while the AA are nice, those 40 AA you could spend entirely on crafting AAs, have nowhere near the impact on the game  as the 320 AA you have waiting for you to reach every new AA access tier as an adventurer.

I understand and yes you are right. However, this reset was not designed ( as discussed last year ) for a high level character to be reset. It was supposed to be for those crafters that created the wrong adventurer. So lets say you created an Illusionist because it sounded like fun to play. Then, at level 10, you created a Provisioner ( which I did ). Then I get my Provy to 90 while playing my Illusionist to about 30 or so ( not very high ) then realize I don't like the Illy.

I don't care about my AA at that point. I'll be starting a new adventurer at that point so I'll be able to start fresh and do all the quests again. I don't see why it would be so hard to do this. Just wipe your adventure class and prompt you for a new one. Once selected you would start at level 9 or 10 with 0 AA. How hard is that?

This concept was never designed to reset a high level adventurer. Only a lower one you made a mistake creating.

The intention of this reset was always to allow someone who has a max tradeskiller to be able to change to completely different adventure class without having to redo all the TS stuff as well.  That's the intention, not only well I leveled my tradeskiller, and then I leveled my adventure class only to hate it.  And with how classes get changed from expansion to expansion or GU to GU, it's definitely possible for someone to decide they don't like the direction their class has gone in, as well as the other betrayal option and just want to be able to change that toon's adventure class.  Both are legitimate issues with an adventure class, the only difference is really when each person made up their mind that they didn't want that class any more but also didn't want to give up the tradeskill.

This is why the AA's were an issue, can you imagine if they said, sorry you can't reset your adventure class if you're beyond a set level.  Or ok, you can reset your class, but we can't reset any of your quests, and you're still dropping to level 9.  They can not disregard high level adventurers, no matter what you personally think this reset is aimed at.

Seiffil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #16
katalmach

Loremaster
katalmach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 275
Default

Minorious wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Anyone's radar it might have been on is probably no longer on EQ2.

But its ok bro, you can level to 90 tradeskills in like 12 hours tops now.  So I wouldn't hold out much longer on it.

12 hours? My wife has been working on it for weeks and it's a painstaking process nowadays since they removed the first creation bonus. I tried to recreate my provisioner a few months back and was falling asleep after about 20 hours, and was only in my 40's. And thats with full Vit and 110% pots. AND I was doing rush orders. Redoing my Provy isn't an option at this point. Also, I've got no characters to create it on atm.

12 hours is about right, actually. My tradition is to level up a new tradeskiller for each new season of the UK Apprentice. I do writs while watching each episode, and since each episode is an hour long and there's usually 12 of them.. yeah, 12 hours is about how long it takes to writ grind a crafter up. (I know you already said this isn't an option, but if you ever do want to roll another crafter, I suggest waiting for Frostfell. I got like 100+ free levels across my characters last time, and it cost me no materials at all. Easy mode, for real.).

However, I do understand why people want an adventure class reset. My first ever character is a berserker, and I loathe playing tanks. If I could change her class (without losing her quests and achievements, thanks), I would - not because she's a level 92 weaponsmith, but because of the nostalgia I have attached to the character. You can't reroll that!

katalmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #17
Caethre

Loremaster
Caethre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,167
Default

Minorious wrote:

The Dev's said it would be a Quest, not an SC reset. It's coming, I was just asking if anyone has heard anything recently.

((

Long long ago, the developers gave cap-level adventurer characters a quest to be able to reset their tradeskill level to 9 and allow them to choose a new tradeskill class.

They did indeed promise to look at giving cap-level tradeskill characters a quest to be able to reset their adventurer level (presumably also to 9, not that it matters if it is 1) and allow them to choose a new adventurer class.

The issue of AA never used to be an issue at all, because AA were all "Adventuring AA", and so they would be reset to 0 at the same time.

The separate issue of creating a separate pool for Tradeskill AA from Adventuring AA now really needs to be done first (which is how it should have been done to start with!), for an adventurer-class/level-reset to make easily work.

But I suppose, since it would be an OPTION for a player anyway to choose or not choose, they could just offer "Reset your Adventurer Level to 1, your AA to 0 and choose a new adventure class - but retain your current tradeskill class and tradeskill level".

I wouldn't use it, but some would. And offering the options hurts noone. Anyone posting specifically against it because they personally wouldn't use it, when hundreds of folks have been calling for this for years, would just be being selfish.

))

__________________
Countess Felishanna Silorielenwe [92/320 Templar|92 Sage](Koada`Dal)

Lady Lorianna Ardinwena [92/320 Monk|92 Carpenter](Koada`Dal)

Lady Suzanna Narinyaare [92/320 Conjuror|92 Woodworker](Koada`Dal)

Lady Annaelisa Lorinfinlinde [92/320 Fury|92 Tailor](Koada`Dal)

Lady Silvianna [92/320 Illusionist|92 Jeweler](Koada`Dal)

Jennianna [92/320 Dirge|92 Weaponsmith](Koada`Dal)

Aurielle [92/320 Wizard|92 Alchemist](Koada`Dal)

Valerianna [92/320 Guardian|92 Armourer](Koada`Dal)

Sarahanna [92/320 Swashbuckler|92 Provisioner](Koada`Dal)

Katherianna [92/286 Beserker|92 Sage](Koada`Dal)

Guildleader of The True Path - A roleplay-based guild (level 77) on Antonia Bayle
Caethre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #18
Ahlana

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,238
Default

Minorious wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Anyone's radar it might have been on is probably no longer on EQ2.

But its ok bro, you can level to 90 tradeskills in like 12 hours tops now.  So I wouldn't hold out much longer on it.

12 hours? My wife has been working on it for weeks and it's a painstaking process nowadays since they removed the first creation bonus. I tried to recreate my provisioner a few months back and was falling asleep after about 20 hours, and was only in my 40's. And thats with full Vit and 110% pots. AND I was doing rush orders. Redoing my Provy isn't an option at this point.

You were doing something really, really wrong then. 12 hours is all it takes at max, on a double xp weekend it goes even faster. The first thing I do on a toon I am bringing up is max TS so they can fly right out the gate.

I mean it barely takes a day to max an Adventurer out without double xp these days if you are trying.

__________________
Ahlana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #19
Kesstryl

Philosopher
Kesstryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 64
Default

I'm all for this, I have a toon I'd like to change adventuring class with, I don't care about losing quests and AAs, I think anyone who would use such a potion/quest reset should be aware that you will lose everything up to that point.  People will whine about losing things if they change adventure class, but they dont' have to use it if they hate it, those of us who want this would be willing to take the losses just to play something we'd enjoy more.  

__________________
www.dragonsofbayle.guildportal.com
Kesstryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #20
Hateeternal

Loremaster
Hateeternal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Berlin
Posts: 155
Default

7foggynites wrote:

^^^ To the poster above me, they might not want to reroll if they have limited character slots or they don't want to use the shared bank slots to move things around. Maybe they just like their tradeskiller and don't want to make an alt.

So it's like "I want, I want, I want, but god forbid I have to do something for it..." ?

An additional character slot is like 5 bucks of real money (use SC offers, if you have a recurring sub you most likely won't even need to buy any SC).

A toon becomes 92 adventurer in no time these days and like other people said, tradeskilling also doesn't need to take more than a night...

I wouldn't mind if they brought in a class reset quest or potion or whatever, but I really don't see any use for it other than "I'm too darn lazy to play up my chars anymore", sorry >.< .

__________________
Ihr seid lästig und habt euch noch nicht entschieden, wen ihr nerven werdet.

SOE Schedule:

8:00: see what isn't broken yet and break it

10:00: ban players complaining about it on the board

11:00: implement stuff noone wants, that breaks other stuff

-repeat-
Hateeternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #21
Caethre

Loremaster
Caethre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,167
Default

Hateeternal wrote:

I wouldn't mind if they brought in a class reset quest or potion or whatever, but I really don't see any use for it other than "I'm too darn lazy to play up my chars anymore", sorry >.< .

((

And I don't see any reason for spending time posting remarks like this, other than "I'm too selfish to allow others to have the option to do something that wouldn't harm me at all".

It may be "trivial" to you to level 0->92. It is pretty easy for me too.

But it is not easy for everyone. Not everyone powerlevels. Not everyone should be FORCED to play the game YOUR way.

Plus there is a lot more to tradeskilling than just the levelling. Far Seas factioning, Thurgadin Crafter factionining, and a whole list of other important factions; a long list of different types of recipes quested and/or earnt by other means, completion of crafting epic, completion of Shawl quest, and so on, and on, and on. There is a *lot* of content for the dedicated crafter in this game.

SOE have been promising an adventurer level/class reset for years. It is not unreasonable for the players who would use it, to ask for an update.

Let them ask for this if they want, without harassing them. It won't hurt you or me if they are given the OPTION for an adventurer class/level reset.

))

__________________
Countess Felishanna Silorielenwe [92/320 Templar|92 Sage](Koada`Dal)

Lady Lorianna Ardinwena [92/320 Monk|92 Carpenter](Koada`Dal)

Lady Suzanna Narinyaare [92/320 Conjuror|92 Woodworker](Koada`Dal)

Lady Annaelisa Lorinfinlinde [92/320 Fury|92 Tailor](Koada`Dal)

Lady Silvianna [92/320 Illusionist|92 Jeweler](Koada`Dal)

Jennianna [92/320 Dirge|92 Weaponsmith](Koada`Dal)

Aurielle [92/320 Wizard|92 Alchemist](Koada`Dal)

Valerianna [92/320 Guardian|92 Armourer](Koada`Dal)

Sarahanna [92/320 Swashbuckler|92 Provisioner](Koada`Dal)

Katherianna [92/286 Beserker|92 Sage](Koada`Dal)

Guildleader of The True Path - A roleplay-based guild (level 77) on Antonia Bayle
Caethre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #22
Wingrider01

Loremaster
Wingrider01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,999
Default

Kesstryl wrote:

I'm all for this, I have a toon I'd like to change adventuring class with, I don't care about losing quests and AAs, I think anyone who would use such a potion/quest reset should be aware that you will lose everything up to that point.  People will whine about losing things if they change adventure class, but they dont' have to use it if they hate it, those of us who want this would be willing to take the losses just to play something we'd enjoy more.  

don;t forget faction, discoveries, achievements, access flags to name a few, reseting a traseskill level is a walk in the park as compared to the interrelational dependences for an adventure class. At 10 bucks for a character slot and about 10 - 20 days of time for 92 in both tradeskill and adventure levels it just has no reasonalbe roi.

__________________
Fixing computer issues, one SOC7 at a time.

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #23
Grumble69

Loremaster
Grumble69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,257
Default

It's nice to have options.  Plus, this should be a really easy idea to implement that a lot of TS have been wanting for a long time.  Just reset the char level & AAs.  Leave everything else alone.  If you've got a highly developed 92/320 char, you've got the option shelving them/purchasing a new slot *or* pulling the trigger and resetting them.  But for those of us with a char we like (just not their adventure class), the reset is much more appealing.

No idea why there are so many obstructing comments in this thread.  Zero impact on other's gameplay.  If you can level a 92 TS in 12 hours, good for you and here's a cookie.  But there are other TS aspects I'd like to preserve other than just being 92 (recipes, factions, TS quests rewards, etc).

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #24
Illmarr

Loremaster
Illmarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,448
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Hateeternal wrote:

I wouldn't mind if they brought in a class reset quest or potion or whatever, but I really don't see any use for it other than "I'm too darn lazy to play up my chars anymore", sorry >.< .

((

And I don't see any reason for spending time posting remarks like this, other than "I'm too selfish to allow others to have the option to do something that wouldn't harm me at all".

It may be "trivial" to you to level 0->92. It is pretty easy for me too.

But it is not easy for everyone. Not everyone powerlevels. Not everyone should be FORCED to play the game YOUR way.

Plus there is a lot more to tradeskilling than just the levelling. Far Seas factioning, Thurgadin Crafter factionining, and a whole list of other important factions; a long list of different types of recipes quested and/or earnt by other means, completion of crafting epic, completion of Shawl quest, and so on, and on, and on. There is a *lot* of content for the dedicated crafter in this game.

SOE have been promising an adventurer level/class reset for years. It is not unreasonable for the players who would use it, to ask for an update.

Let them ask for this if they want, without harassing them. It won't hurt you or me if they are given the OPTION for an adventurer class/level reset.

))

I have no problem with them following through and putting in a way to change adventure class on a max level tradeskiller. But I am sick to death of people using this argument. No one can force people to play any way. Period. End of Story. People make concessions from what would be their ideal playstyle to fir the world as developed. Everyone is forced in some way to play someone's way. Learn to deal with it.

Illmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #25
Dawnstrike

Lord
Dawnstrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 294
Default

Yes an update would be nice.  This is needed.  I have six level 92 tradeskillers and only like their adventuring class on three of them.  The rest were chosen in haste to create the tradeskiller. 

I am not interested in rolling another toon just for adventure or re-creating an adenturer and wasting time re-leveling the crafter again. I am tired of seeing all the posts about how easy it is to re-roll toons, hello, that is not what this post is about. 

I'm not sure why the adventure reset wouldn't be treated like the betrayal process, reset and keep your AA's and lose your masters. Gear that the new class can't wear gets unattuned and put back in your inventory.

I want to have my level 92 crafter and also enjoy adventuring with them.  There is no reason not to implement this for those that want it. 

__________________
Antonia Bayle: Cheribomb, Dawnstrike, Bonnfire, Wmdee, Bonfury, Bonkitty

Cheribomb's Design Portal Hub

The New Halas Express

The Tangle Island Resort

The Shimmering Serpent Mens Lounge - Personal Library

A Frostfell Carol - Opera House

Dawnstrike's Manors of Erollisi Home

Dawnstrike's Maj Dul Suite

Nagafen: Elinor

Elinor's Freeblood Lair

Savne's Maj Dul Suite & Graveshadow's Grand Hall

Dawnstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #26
Beko
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 283
Default

I want new hairstyles, not new classes.

Beko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #27
Souse
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 103
Default

Dawnstrike wrote:

Yes an update would be nice.  This is needed.  I have six level 92 tradeskillers and only like their adventuring class on three of them.  The rest were chosen in haste to create the tradeskiller. 

I am not interested in rolling another toon just for adventure or re-creating an adenturer and wasting time re-leveling the crafter again. I am tired of seeing all the posts about how easy it is to re-roll toons, hello, that is not what this post is about. 

I'm not sure why the adventure reset wouldn't be treated like the betrayal process, reset and keep your AA's and lose your masters. Gear that the new class can't wear gets unattuned and put back in your inventory.

I want to have my level 92 crafter and also enjoy adventuring with them.  There is no reason not to implement this for those that want it. 

Anyway they do it, they have to do it. We'll adapt and accommodate to it, as long as it gets done; I'm sure someone or others more will be satisfied. The fact that this is optional gives no reason for this feature not to be established. It isn't mechanically overpowering, nor is it any of a concern to someone who is not going through this process.

Quote is for QFE.This isn't much of a debate; it's a picky decision that doesn't matter, and its only significance is to prolong the update. I understand what people are coming from; it wouldn't benefit, or doesn't flow with the greater progression of the game. As many have said; it doesn't affect you, unless you're willing to finish the quest and reform your adventurer class.

Souse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #28
Kasar

Loremaster
Kasar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 540
Default

[email protected] wrote:

I have no problem Learn to deal with it.

It sounds like you're just not in tune with the problems you have with it.

With the F2P system, they need numbers to sustain everything.  I know you can get to 92/320 in six minutes, etc. but it's not all that relevant for some and this is yet another thing that won't affect anyone but the individual, yet people want to complain about it.

Kasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #29
Illmarr

Loremaster
Illmarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,448
Default

Kasar wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I have no problem Learn to deal with it.

It sounds like you're just not in tune with the problems you have with it.

With the F2P system, they need numbers to sustain everything.  I know you can get to 92/320 in six minutes, etc. but it's not all that relevant for some and this is yet another thing that won't affect anyone but the individual, yet people want to complain about it.

I am pretty sure I'm in tune with my thought process. Your snip completely changes the meaning of my post by taking my two completely different points and trying to make them into one. Maybe you missed the change of subject in the middle.

On the issue of the OP's request to be able to change adventure class on a max level tradeskiller I am fine with it. I'd even utilize the option on my 47/92 Defiler/Sage as I have a level 91 Defiler already.

My final line "Learn to deal with it" is aimed at the person I quoted, and others who make claims that mechanics that have been in place since launch force people to play in accordance with those launch mechanics. As I stated in another thread recently, everyone who plays this game is "forced" to do something they'd rather not in order to accomplish whatever goals they have set for themselves

Please explain to me what FTP has to do with the discussion, which has been going on since at least 2010

Illmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #30
Kasar

Loremaster
Kasar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 540
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Please explain to me what FTP has to do with the discussion, which has been going on since at least 2010

It has to do with the change of business model to one that requires larger numbers and why they shouldn't take a hard stance against placating a minority when it won't affect the majority, even if some users would prefer they do.

A former producer used to continually point to the disparate groups of people and types of play they were consiously trying to support without alienating any.  Of course it's an impossible goal, but worth keeping in mind.

Kasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:59 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.