EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-12-2011, 06:46 AM   #91
ChrisMarchant

Tester

ok heading to test to try this on my 11 level 23 and under chars. Difficult choice, do this first or tinkerfest first, might do the EW wastes one first, then tinkerfest, then the [Removed for Content] one, hmmmm choices, choices, hmmm.

Hard part will be finding a high level guildie to get the guild flag planted near spot in EW. And hopefully leave it there so everyone can use it to get their lowbies there.

ChrisMarchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:28 AM   #92
ChrisMarchant

Tester

Right reporting this for Nerine, a guildie, she's 34 dirge.

She just died at spire in EW, event was on. She rezzed at the spire in the middle of the mobs. Not good at all.

Thought the res spot was going to be moved, esp if we have lowbies doing the quest as well.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #93
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Mmmh? I rezzed near the quest giver iirc yesterday, at least on the border and not in the middle. It could be level related.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #94
ChrisMarchant

Tester

Once I had a guildie to run a flag to the spire, I was fine. Got the griffin sorted for both Ry'gorr fortress and Scar, but found the Ry'Gorr the best as the mobs there were more easily avoided. Used my portal to get to the caves, and collected my crystals. However the portal puts you at the opp entrance to the griffin, so unless you know that the griffin is at the other side, you might get killed pretty quickly, I did!!!!

Run this a few times on my level 7 lock, she is now level 11 after 4 runs.

So a lowbie can do the spires one pretty easily, even managing to turn quest in while event running.

So hoping to get the stuff I want on all 12 of my chars before event ends, or will we still be able to do quest after the spire/ring are repaired.  After all it is the tokens that the lowbies want.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:10 PM   #95
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

I've been looking over my merchant screenshots and have a couple of comments about the rewards:

1. The Bag of Teleportation Pads was always 20 in the past two events it has been offered, but for this event it's 50 each. Was that intentional?

2. It's cool that you're bringing back the nice spire appearance gear from the Quellithulian event, but I noticed that one piece is missing: Raiment of the Spire aITEM 67935430 789435742:Raiment of the Spire/a

3. Any chance of having the Quill of a Maj'Dul Poet added as well? O=) aITEM -508651260 -1056777547:Quill of a Maj'Dul Poet/a

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #96
Whilhelmina

Tester

Worked a lot on the EW event with Rowenash and a couple other players today.

• Very easy to do without a gryphon, so it's perfect
  • Respawn point and evac point are still quite dangerous
  • The solo quest needs to be done between 5 & 8 times to gain 1%. It seems harvesting the "!" helps the progression too.This quest is nice but becoming a pain very fast, more on that below.
  • At 41% completion, we still only get 2 shinies every 3 minutes. Gninja hinted that the number of spawn would go up as the spire completion goes up. Is it working as intended? It's highly frustrating as it is.
  • tokens gain vs tokens use:* we currently can harvest 2 tokens ever 2 minutes, or run a solo quest that takes 5-10 minutes for 5 tokens in EW or 3 tokens in [Removed for Content] or run the PQ for 25 tokens every hour (if run successfully)* we can buy 2 special replicas --> 200 tokens, 2 sets of teleporters (to get 4 in a house) --> 100 tokens, and then all rabdom house items are 20 tokens. This creates a real grind for those who need house items.Sooo, could the price be dropped a bit, or the number of tokes awarded upped a bit, or the number of ground spawns be upped a lot, so the grinding becomes manageable?

Old 06-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #97
gourdon

Loremaster

Cyliena wrote:

I've been looking over my merchant screenshots and have a couple of comments about the rewards:

1. The Bag of Teleportation Pads was always 20 in the past two events it has been offered, but for this event it's 50 each. Was that intentional?

2. It's cool that you're bringing back the nice spire appearance gear from the Quellithulian event, but I noticed that one piece is missing: Raiment of the Spire aITEM 67935430 789435742:Raiment of the Spire/a

3. Any chance of having the Quill of a Maj'Dul Poet added as well? O=) aITEM -508651260 -1056777547:Quill of a Maj'Dul Poet/a

Quite frankly, the prices for items have been way too low in the past.  As a result, most people spent very little time doing the quests.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:37 AM   #98
Skeez1e

Tester

Patch notes 6/13/2011

Dragon Ring reconstruction event

• The event merchant now offers Primal Velium Shards for 50 Tokens of Greater Teleportation.

Wizard Spire reconstruction event

• The event merchant now offers Primal Velium Shards for 50 Tokens of Greater Teleportation.

------

Guess what I'm going to be doing tomorrow!

Old 06-14-2011, 06:08 AM   #99
ChrisMarchant

Tester

That's nice for those who are able to get the primal shards, but absolutely no help at all for the lower levels. Perhaps a city token exchange as well for the lower levels!!!!!

Upping the quest rewards from 3 and 5 to say 7 or 10 would be a big help, as otherwise there will be a lot of peeps running the quests after the event complete just for tokens to buy things.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #100
ChrisMarchant

Tester

Respawn point def needs to be fixed. Got killed, rezzed, and got killed again straight away at rez point. Rez is within the roam space of the orc mobs when event is up, suggest rez is on one of the ramps, since that out of aggro range, but still within event range. This was 18 ranger char.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #101
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

We looked at the revive point and it was putting us at the bridge toward the beginning of the zone. Do you only get one option to revive at the spires?

Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #102
tkia

Tester

Yes, any revive in the catchment area dumps you at the bridge end of the main floor of the spires. I haven't actually died in EW so far today to see if that changed with last night's patch though.

Just died and revived there at /loc:  -959.33, -336.29, 2358.09 with orientation 235.52, 0, 0.

tkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #103
TheSpin

Loremaster

I'm quite disappointed at the lack of crafting events. I don't have any characters in velious gear. My only character that's even been to velious is a 90 crafter and under level 50 adventurer. I get that the event isn't crafter friendly, and I also get that it might be too late to make changes, but a great idea would be to add a crafting quest to create items that could be used to buff up the NPCs defending the event. I think the crafters have always been the people who got the events completed in the past.
TheSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:53 PM   #104
tkia

Tester

I just wandered over to the dragon ring to do a hand in and was just in time to see the mobs despawn - with 8 minutes to go until the next event.

Sooo, I grabbed the quest, got the stuff and ran back and handed in just as the mobs were appearing.  I managed to check the crystal before I died and it said the next event was in 29 minutes.  Something seems a bit off here.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:18 PM   #105
Amphibia

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

• At 41% completion, we still only get 2 shinies every 3 minutes. Gninja hinted that the number of spawn would go up as the spire completion goes up. Is it working as intended? It's highly frustrating as it is.
  • tokens gain vs tokens use:* we currently can harvest 2 tokens ever 2 minutes, or run a solo quest that takes 5-10 minutes for 5 tokens in EW or 3 tokens in [Removed for Content] or run the PQ for 25 tokens every hour (if run successfully)* we can buy 2 special replicas --> 200 tokens, 2 sets of teleporters (to get 4 in a house) --> 100 tokens, and then all rabdom house items are 20 tokens. This creates a real grind for those who need house items.Sooo, could the price be dropped a bit, or the number of tokes awarded upped a bit, or the number of ground spawns be upped a lot, so the grinding becomes manageable?

I noticed this too, I hope the prices will be adjusted down to something a little more reasonable. Right now we're looking at a hopeless grind for those house items (nobody -ever- use only 1 item of each when they decorate), and that is not particularly fun unless you're a masochist.

Amphibia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #106
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

The event has three stages. Stage 1: tokens spawn at fairly slow rate and low end heroic mobs spawn during the attacks. Stage 2: number of tokens spawning doubles and high end heroic encounters spawn during the attacks. Stage 3: Final epic encounter attacks and tokens again double. Once the epic encounter is defeated the event is considered complete but the tokens continue to spawn around the areas at stage 3 rate.

Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #107
CorpseGoddess

Loremaster

I'm a bit late coming into this, but I have a question.  Why is this event structured like this?  Why is it a ring event at all?  And if it has to be a ring event, why isn't there a concurrent event that's aimed more towards crafters or lower-level toons?  It really seems far too imbalanced towards higher-leveled adventurer characters.

In the past, I've really enjoyed the fact that live events span all of Norrath and encompass all of its citizens.  This seems...elitist.  And it seems to be shutting a portion of the playerbase out--right off the bat, by the events' very location.  Or, at the very least, making it a far less enjoyable experience for them; much more of a grindy slog.  Because let's face it---the people that are going to do this the most are most likely the crafters and decorators, who are going to want multiples of those items.  Those relative-to-the-event-exorbitantly priced items.

I'm not one of those "hand me everything I want just because I want it" types of players.  But this, in comparison to past events I've played the heck out of and enjoyed, just seems...unfair and not fun.

EQ2 keeps saying they want to enhance the "new player experience", but then pulls stuff like this.  What does this say to a new player that isn't a 90 crafter or adventurer?  "Hey, awesome live event!  If you can make it here, try not to die and collect a couple of shinies you can not trade in for anything!  Welcome to Norrath!"

I dunno.  It just feels so much less like a worldwide live event than the ones in the past.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #108
Soresha

Tester

I've been re-trying the dragon ring solo quest. I cleared those 3 mobs, and just got in a ninth repeat of the quest before the half hour was up.

The timer on the crystal however went to 0 minutes, nothing happened... then it went to -1 minutes (I'm not kidding)... then the Rime turned up late lol.

Cloud also did 2 quest runs so we got 11 in, and the dragon ring still says 0%. Arghh!! Half an hour's work and nothing? I'll try some more...

Old 06-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #109
Whilhelmina

Tester

EPIC???? I hope your epic part is only for the last spawn or I'm going to hang myself just now. And if it's epic, I sure hope you'll clear the solo quest giver and merchant on the druid ring or it'll suck even more than it's sucking now. Yes I'm 90. I'm very low on AA though and got one-shoted 6 times in a row trying to go buy a druid ring. I'm glad it's supposed to be fun.

Will those stupid mobs still be poping after the event is complete or will the PQ phase be ended then?

Will the solo quest remain after completion so we can fight for crystals on top of fighting for ground spawns?

Sorry for being openly negative, I really hate the elitism of this event.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:47 PM   #110
Morghus

Loremaster

I fail to see how this is elitist compared to the original KoS spire event.

Morghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:47 PM   #111
Llogwey

Tester

mmhh, you are aware that there are some servers like the french one storms with less than 500 characters online at any time worldwide... How many YEARS do you plan it will take for us to finish this? the needing ration should be proportionnal to the overall population of the server...
Old 06-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #112
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

[email protected] wrote:

Will the solo quest remain after completion so we can fight for crystals on top of fighting for ground spawns?

I was wondering this as well.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:52 PM   #113
Whilhelmina

Tester

Morghus wrote:

I fail to see how this is elitist compared to the original KoS spire event.

There wasn't any grinding component in KoS spires like this one and well, I thought we left this kind of event behind us...

Old 06-14-2011, 04:06 PM   #114
Soresha

Tester

Soresha wrote:

I've been re-trying the dragon ring solo quest. I cleared those 3 mobs, and just got in a ninth repeat of the quest before the half hour was up.

The timer on the crystal however went to 0 minutes, nothing happened... then it went to -1 minutes (I'm not kidding)... then the Rime turned up late lol.

Cloud also did 2 quest runs so we got 11 in, and the dragon ring still says 0%. Arghh!! Half an hour's work and nothing? I'll try some more...

Ok I've counted up to 17 turn-ins on the dragon ring construction quest this evening, and it's still at 0%. This has got to be bugged, even with the latest patch. Please look at it? The wizard spire is updating every 7 or 8 turn-ins, so even if this is higher (maybe 9 or 10) it should really have reached 1% by now. SMILEY

Old 06-15-2011, 02:19 AM   #115
Skeez1e

Tester

I didn't get as much done today as I had hoped - only did one run on the spires.  Only thing of note was the messages - we got two, back to back, at the event finish.  One, difficuly increased (?? maybe, it went by pretty fast) and the other of our sucess - nothing at the midway point.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:43 AM   #116
Whilhelmina

Tester

Reached 50% on EW spire. At first I thought it was reaching stage 2 but no. At what % does the stage change?

The crystals in inventory are fixed.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #117
tkia

Tester

Okay, this is something a bit different. I've noticed at the spires that sometimes when you pick up a ground token that the update message box from the crystal pops open. I haven't been able to work out the pattern on when that happens so I've pretty much ignored it. However, I just left the event and used a druid portal to go to Odus to do my daily quests. I ported into the Stonebrunt druid ring and ran to the nearest Temporal guide. When I asked for the travel map I got that and the popup giving me the status of the spire event in Eastern Wastes ...
Old 06-15-2011, 10:58 AM   #118
SnoesieQ

Tester

A bit ago, the EW spire progress was at at least 54%, then seems to have been rolled back to 50%.

It is now increasing again, and is back to 51%, so it seems to still be counting up.

SnoesieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #119
Whilhelmina

Tester

So, hum, it seems stage 2 and possibly 3 kicked in after the roll back to 50%.

There seems to be at least 20 orcs, 93 ++ and 93 +++ heroics and now x2 epics swarming the whole area. Rez point, mender area and quest giver area are no longer safe (not that the regen point was safe anyway). 4 shinies where seen at the same time just before the orcs ran in.

1/ is it intended ?

2/ could the aggro range on those be reduced so the sides stay safe (aka mender/merchant area and quest giver/crystal area)?

Old 06-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #120
Katz

Loremaster

I only started playing summer of 2008, so the first world events I remember were associated with TSO expansion and those since.   I've enjoyed them all but I must say, after I briefly tried this one on testcopy, for the first time since I started playing I'm not looking forward to a world event going live. 

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote