EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
Seiffil
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Grievance

Loremaster

One thing i've noticed going through SF, is that any piece that has a significant amount of dps mod, is generally slanted towards fighters with strength being the main stat.  There seem to be very few items with higher agility that have a significant amount of dps mod.  Is there a reason for why this is the case?  Not all scouts can have a dirge, coercer, and inquisitor in their group.  

Seiffil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
glowsintheda

General

or have a permanant self buff that gives large amounts of it

glowsintheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:21 PM   #3
Boise

Loremaster

I agree. Scouts got hit pretty hard on the dps mods this expansion. I use to have over +50 dps mod. Now, I'm way below that. Plus, we lost the level 70 adornments that included +12 Dps to neck and range/bows.

Boise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #4
Hene

Loremaster

I have seen the opposite of this, actually.

My mystic has several pieces of 7-10 DPS mod scout gear with AGI as the primary stat on it; if you can't find any of the jewelry with those stats you can still get the instance/legendary mark armor that is 100% geared toward chain, agi-dpsers

Hene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:36 PM   #5
Sydares

Loremaster

I've noticed an extreme shortage in DPS mod, as well.

Sydares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:40 PM   #6
FearDiadh

Loremaster

Hene wrote:

My mystic has several pieces of 7-10 DPS mod scout gear with AGI as the primary stat on it; if you can't find any of the jewelry with those stats you can still get the instance/legendary mark armor that is 100% geared toward chain, agi-dpsers

Are these SF items?  Can you share some links for them with us?  I think I saw a neck with dps but it meant giving up a ton of potency to get and it did not seem a good trade.

I am in the same boat as the other posters here.  My DPS mod has been shrinking fast this expansion.  I would guess I have lost around 30-40 dps total between the bow adorn, neck adorn and my ykesha and palace wrists.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:40 AM   #7
Lethe5683

Loremaster

I didn't really notice this problem untill I got my troub to T9.  Since my assassins self buff gives plenty of +DPS mod and I really didn't pay attention to the fact that without the buff I have less than 10 DPS mod, and my equipment is about half T9 legendary, 1/4 T9 fabled and 1/4 T9 BG gear.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
Nevao

Loremaster

I seem to remember seeing one or two pieces of Hardmode/Hole gear that had DPS and was scout oriented, but almost all of the pre-LU56 "easy-mode" raid gear with DPS was tank oriented. I know that myself and few other scouts in my guild started bidding on those items once the tanks had what they wanted just to try to keep our numbers close to what they were pre SF, but I'm still about 15 shy of where I was.

Cibilie : 90 Brigand (Main), Dirtnap on Oasis

Enaki : 90 Ranger, Dirtnap on Oasis

Nevao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 04:36 PM   #9
Boise

Loremaster

Hene wrote:

I suggest reading the title of this post again. We are talking about Scouts. Not Mystics. They have 2 different gear sets.

Boise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:43 AM   #10
Seiffil
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Grievance

Loremaster

Hene wrote:

Mention some of the pieces, and make sure they're not the bard/chain healer only items.  I think the highest dps mod I've seen from instances was about 4.8ish for a high agi item, and most of the raid items I've seen so far for scouts tend to have crit bonus, potency, DA, crit chance, ability mod....but very very little dps mod.

Seiffil is offline   Reply With Quote