EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-20-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster

Has anybody fought Venekor in Halls of the Seeing, recently? I must admit that it has been a very long time since I have killed him, but with the addition of Achievements, I have rekindled my desire to defeat this ubiquitous draconic nuisance. However, after bringing a small raid into Halls of the Seeing last night and having issues with his encounter, I am wondering if things have changed.

As I recall the fight, the overall goal is to get everybody in the raid into the North Western corner of Venekor's room without getting near any of the statues (as they have a proximity trigger that turns them into aggro MOBs with annoying control effects). I also remembered that Venekor had a tendency to randomly teleport members of the raid force to locations directly in front of said statues if they tried to remain outside of the room.

Well, we managed to get the raid into the NW corner without aggroing anything, but every time we got there Venekor would port everybody in the raid right as he went aggro. Since we were only in there with 9 random people (3 of which were level 71 and some 2-boxers) we simply could not handle killing all the statues while simultaneously tanking Venekor and all his adds. In other words, the teleport was a fail condition.

I could swear that I had run this encounter in exactly the same fashion during KoS, and we never got teleported at all. Anybody care to shed some light on this issue? I do seem to recall that encounter requiring a lot of developer attention  even after release, so I guess it is possible that it's bugged, but I don't trust my own memory well enough to make that claim yet. What have your experiences been like? Did I miss some critical piece of information that is key to ensuring that the teleport does not occur?

Old 01-20-2010, 10:16 AM   #2
Seidhkona

Loremaster

Everbody lines up outside the door in a line, then runs straight in to the column. Just before the column you make a 45-degree turn left and then everybody stands in the bowl. NOONE is allowed to get out of the bowl. Beat the scouts until they agree to not even THINK about trying for back shots. As long as everyone stays in teh bowl and you activate the necklace at the right time you're golden.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:59 AM   #3
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster

Hmm... I guess the raid just wan't staying in the exact right position. We managed the single-file line to the corner without incident, but I didn't remember the positioning on the bowl as being to unforgiving. Well, next time I'll stress that fact. Thanks!

Old 01-23-2010, 07:17 PM   #4
Aral

General

The issue is that you are triggering Venekor's response to people being "outside the room."  The problem is, "outside the room" really means outside a radius that ends slightly inside the room.  If people are tight against the wall in the NW corner (or any corner) Venekor sees them as outside his room, and begins the porting procedure.   Just make sure everyone stays near the inner rectangle of Venekor's area, and you're fine. Scouts can (and should) get behind, assuming you are keeping the dragon's "behind" toward the center of the room, and not on the outside wall.  You won't aggro statues by being too close to center of room. 

Aral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:19 PM   #5
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster

Ahh, I see. So it isn't as much that he summons people "outside the room" as much as he summons people outside of a radius around himself. That makes more sense, as I did notice that he was not actually within aggro range from where we were positioned. I'll make sure to stay within his aggro range next time we assault him.