EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-24-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
NG23985_01

Loremaster

I haven’t found any other posts about this issue. I’m trying to figure out why my account age is incorrect. My first character was made within hours after registering my account on 11/13/04, and from that I calculated that my account should be 1714 base days old (2074 total) today, July 24th. Depending on how the server tracks time, I could be off by 1 or 2 days in either direction. My ingame persona window is showing my account age as 1508 days (1868 total). Somehow, it’s missing about 206 days. What gives?

NG23985_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #2
Nikadaimon

Lord

My account age has been off exactly 365 days from the day I started playing... ah well.. can't really care SMILEY

Nikadaimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
Wingrider01

Loremaster

NG23985_01 wrote:

I haven’t found any other posts about this issue. I’m trying to figure out why my account age is incorrect. My first character was made within hours after registering my account on 11/13/04, and from that I calculated that my account should be 1714 base days old (2074 total) today, July 24th. Depending on how the server tracks time, I could be off by 1 or 2 days in either direction. My ingame persona window is showing my account age as 1508 days (1868 total). Somehow, it’s missing about 206 days. What gives?

seems to remember a post by one of the TSR's that this is paid time, where there any gaps in your subscription? Also TSO did not give and bonus time added to the account

From the knowledge base

Veteran Rewards are items you can claim to your character based on Account Age.  You can see your account age on the Persona (P) Details tab.  Each Veteran Reward can be claimed once per character. Account age is based on paid time on EverQuest II, with bonus time given for each expansion purchased.

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:41 PM   #4
NG23985_01

Loremaster

If it went strictly by paid time, then my account age would be much younger still. Maybe 1000 actual days. I have already factored in the Bonus time, and that is not the concern. The concern is BASE account age, which is 206~ days younger than its supposed to be.

I don't understand. They set a precedent in the past by letting the timer tick even for unpaid accounts. Why the 180 all of a sudden? 206~ days is just some random number from out of nowhere as far as I can tell. It is not at all consistent with any unpaid months on my account.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:44 PM   #5
Wullail
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Synergy

Lord

NG23985_01 wrote:

If it went strictly by paid time, then my account age would be much younger still. Maybe 1000 actual days. I have already factored in the Bonus time, and that is not the concern. The concern is BASE account age, which is 206~ days younger than its supposed to be.

I don't understand. They set a precedent in the past by letting the timer tick even for unpaid accounts. Why the 180 all of a sudden? 206~ days is just some random number from out of nowhere as far as I can tell. It is not at all consistent with any unpaid months on my account.

You get credited extra days for each expansion you bought , so it looks like thats what has happened...your paid time + expansion credits.

Wullail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:58 PM   #6
NG23985_01

Loremaster

You obviously did not read it. I clearly stated that the problem is with BASE account age, and I had already taken into account the bonus time. My BASE account age is off by a little over 200 days, and I still cant figure out why. This has NOTHING to do with bonus time granted by expansions.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:18 AM   #7
NG23985_01

Loremaster

Thanks for clearing that up.

Now though, I'm irritated. In the past, unpaid accounts continued to age. Why did they change it? It's clearly a recent change. I feel like I've been cheated out of 200~ days of account age, because somebody in a position of authority decided to change direction.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #8
Mystfit

Loremaster

That it ever did was rather silly, so the person in authority made a wise choice. Rewards for not playing are kinda....not right.

THough, ib a fully fair world, it woulda been retro to those who got rewarded before they made the change. I dunno if they did that, though.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:25 AM   #9
NG23985_01

Loremaster

It's not a wise choice to make a complete u-turn on a historical precedent.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:29 AM   #10
Wingrider01

Loremaster

NG23985_01 wrote:

Now though, I'm irritated. In the past, unpaid accounts continued to age. Why did they change it? It's clearly a recent change. I feel like I've been cheated out of 200~ days of account age, because somebody in a position of authority decided to change direction.

can't be to recent since the TSR mentioned it has been like that since he started work there - 2yrs ago. From waht I recall it has alway been that way since inception of the vet rewards

Old 07-26-2009, 11:55 AM   #11
Kotomi

Lord

Wingrider01 wrote:

NG23985_01 wrote:

can't be to recent since the TSR mentioned it has been like that since he started work there - 2yrs ago. From waht I recall it has alway been that way since inception of the vet rewards

Most certainly hasn't been that way since vet rewards were introduced, when I came back to the game in -07, my account had a 3 year veteran reward eventhough it had only been active for one month total since the game was released. My current account has also managed to somehow gain 370 base days since it was created, eventhough I've only paid for 8 months since then.

Kotomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #12
Wingrider01

Loremaster

Kotomi wrote:

Wingrider01 wrote:

NG23985_01 wrote:

Most certainly hasn't been that way since vet rewards were introduced, when I came back to the game in -07, my account had a 3 year veteran reward eventhough it had only been active for one month total since the game was released. My current account has also managed to somehow gain 370 base days since it was created, eventhough I've only paid for 8 months since then.

they have run special resubscribe bonuses that set the account age time to restart date, have an account that was created within 10 days of my main, I let it lapse back in 06 for about 60 days, it is currently 60 days behind the account that was not lapsed

Old 07-26-2009, 12:15 PM   #13
Rijacki

Tester

Kotomi wrote:

Wingrider01 wrote:

NG23985_01 wrote:

It sounds like they fixed a BUG in the system which keeps track of account age. I'm glad. A couple summers ago when they had the returning to Norrath promotion, players who returned (even after only playing the first month.. the free month you got for buying the box) got all the vet rewards and all the 'grats for returning' rewards and it was really annoying for many of us who have been subscribed the entire time. It made us wonder if we shouldn't have quit the game at one point and come back...

Old 07-28-2009, 05:27 PM   #14
Bardkin

Loremaster

I have the same problem, my account age is wrong, my husband and I started at the exact same time, I remember the day well, jaunting off to the mall together to buy our 2 copies of EQ2 when it came out, coming home and both installing at the same time and beginning to play. Now his account says it is older and he gets rewards sooner then i do /snarl  heh.

Bardkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:39 AM   #15
Malacha

General

I also have already claimed my 5 year vet rewards (they are in my bank) even tho my /claim window doesn't show it as being claimed. My account age is now 4 1/2 years old. Now personally I don't care, but I do know for a fact it used to count and no longer does, and so now i don't get vet rewards on my alts that I have gotten on my main =/ Kinda makes me sad.

Maewyn | Maelya | Alania | Maehymn | Maelani (Account Canceled)
Malacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #16
erin

Loremaster

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=464125

There you go, a massive discussion on this topic.

erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:03 PM   #17
bluefish

Loremaster

NG23985_01 wrote:

You obviously did not read it. I clearly stated that the problem is with BASE account age, and I had already taken into account the bonus time. My BASE account age is off by a little over 200 days, and I still cant figure out why. This has NOTHING to do with bonus time granted by expansions.

maybe you should try decaf?

hehehe

makes me wonder how some people handle real situations if they get this emo over a game

bluefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:22 PM   #18
Farrudanu

Loremaster

Anyone that payed for a subscription to EQ2 for the past 5 years and stopped playing for a month or more but, continued to pay SOE is a [Removed for Content]. Maybe those people make so much money they can waste it like that but, for a lot of us we can't.

Also, what about our Real Life Veterans. The ones that serve/d in our military and was on active duty and in the fields over seas. Are they too losers for not paying for time not played??

SOE screwed up for several years, then poof one day fixed their error.

I'm not complaining, it may appear that I am but, the 6 year Vet rewards are not that significant to get THAT excited about. It's the same old Crap as every other year plus a call to another player item. Big Deal, LOL

Farrudanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:51 PM   #19
Ahlana

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Anyone that payed for a subscription to EQ2 for the past 5 years and stopped playing for a month or more but, continued to pay SOE is a [Removed for Content]. Maybe those people make so much money they can waste it like that but, for a lot of us we can't.

Also, what about our Real Life Veterans. The ones that serve/d in our military and was on active duty and in the fields over seas. Are they too losers for not paying for time not played?

They don't know why people quit for one reason or another. They have no clue who is a real Vet and who is currently overseas. This is nothing against those people. It just simply is.

It is the way they chose to reward players that are constantly subscribed. Yes there was an error and they fixed that error. They were even kind enough to not take away all that they had already awarded in their own error. They could've retroactively fixed all the account ages. And it would've been in their right to do so as the FAQ and Knowledge base has always stated that account age was based off of payed time.

So people need to not take it personally and realize that they had been reaping the benefiets of a bug for upwards of 5 years and get over it.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #20
Kiara

Community Relations

This has already been discussed and explained in great detail SMILEY

There was a bug that was fixed.  Our policies haven't changed in this regard, we simply eliminated a function that was penalizing folks who kept their accounts paid and active by rewarding those who didn't with the same time.

Thanks SMILEY

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote