EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-06-2009, 11:05 PM   #31
Korrupt
Server: Najena
Guild: Shoukin

Loremaster

They aren't gonna scrap the whole system. It's actually fine the way it is but people are crying that if they personally dont get credit for every single thing in game they've done, nobody should get credit for anything. It's childish really, take the credit that they are capable of giving you and fill in the rest. Complaining that since you have to redo a few names and POIs you want everyone to redo all content is nothing more than a temper tantrum.

Korrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:53 PM   #32
Cyst
Server: Venekor
Guild: Circle of Storms

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Make the old content worth going back for, do not use these achievements to force people to go back to the old content.

Honestly it has nothing to do with forcing people to go back to 'old' content.  As long as you're playing I don't care what content you're in.  It has to do with making the achievement system fun.

Fair enough.

I just don't want to go back and do old content on new, alternate characters, let alone my main(s). I've seen it, it hasn't changed, and in most cases the itemization is horrible in the old content. It just isn't fun for me to go back and see the old content so I feel this Achievment system is forcing me to go back.

Go back and change the old content, creating dynamic scripts like some of the TSO heroic zones, and I'll go check it out. SMILEY

Cyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:12 AM   #33
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

Rothgar wrote:

The large majority of these named updates for achievements (if not all of them) are in instances.

Definitely not all named are instanced, there's several contested heroic named achievements. However there's also zero contested epic achievements.

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:24 AM   #34
Noaani

Loremaster

Xalmat wrote:

Rothgar wrote:

The large majority of these named updates for achievements (if not all of them) are in instances.

Definitely not all named are instanced, there's several contested heroic named achievements. However there's also zero contested epic achievements.

Unless its been changed on test, Arazul, Hand of the Godking in Silent City is a contested epic... it is listed as a heroic achievement though.

Every time I go out to check to see if the mob was altered, I get caught up in PvP in SS...

The superior man knows what is right.
The inferior man knows what will sell.

Confucius

Noaani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:31 AM   #35
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

Yeah most of the epic named in Silent City should be changed to heroic. Doesn't make much sense for them to be epic anymore.

Once the gank squads are banished from Test we'll be able to find out if they're Heroic or not.

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:51 AM   #36
Maroger

Loremaster

Bratface wrote:

I voted retro because I have done so much in this game and there are too many things that I just don't think I will have the opportunity (or time) to repeat so I'd like to have my past recognized for achievements and not have to go and do stuff all over again.

I have alts for that =p

Thanks for asking Rothgar =)

I agree I have been in this game and crafting since 2004 when it first came out. I don't find any kind of repetition fun and if there is not enough retroactivity this whole mess will turn into a grind which is why I don't plan to do anything with it. They have already told me I have regrind combines to get credit - so as far as I am concerned this "new" grind is a big loser if you have been in this game for any length of time.

It might be fun for new people ( are there really any of those). but for those of us who have been here for 4-5 years we are being asked to repeat a lot of stuff and I won't do it.  I view it as a grind - the exploration is the only thing I might do as that won't take too much time - the rest - BIG BORING GRIND.

Maroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:57 AM   #37
Xdatinelia

Loremaster

I personaly think the whole list is one big showoff thingie,.  That being said my biggest showoff is my quest list, which doesn't apply here at all.

Make it so if you have to make 25k combines in tradeskills, you also have to rediscover at the very least the old POI's.  I am for letting folks keep the acheviements for nameds, but not PoI's personally.

Xdatinelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:58 AM   #38
Xdatinelia

Loremaster

Edit: Double Post

Xdatinelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:23 AM   #39
Hecula

Loremaster

Thanks for asking opinions on this. You already know the way I voted.

Hecula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:26 AM   #40
Luag

Loremaster

if we can get aa for all of these things, then I saw make us go back and do them again, other wise, give us credit for what we did

Luag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:24 AM   #41
Lleren

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

There are alot of names that I have to go back and kill when achievments come out. Meaning I am going to be a nuisance to low level toons for awhile till I get them all. Taking away my credit for past kills will make me a much bigger nuisance to people. Especially since I will have a ton more to do than I already expect so I will not hesitate to gank names form anyone just to save myself time. So do what you want with it, but dont expect people that have already killed all those past names to play nice and wait their turn, the extra work is not our fault.

The large majority of these named updates for achievements (if not all of them) are in instances.  I don't think anyone needs to worry about 'ganking names'. 

I have not looked at the actual named kills used in those achievements, however if its all in instances then I do not care one way or the other which way it goes. 

Named Ganking by solo level 80's was a concern of mine when I voted that they be retroactive.

hunting for cheese in all the wrong places.

Lleren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:42 AM   #42
Ratche

General

Rothgar wrote:

As far as scrapping the idea, you do know that itemization and progression are done by completely different people than who did this system right? 

As far as the itemization and progression being done by completely different peole you do realize that scrapping this project allows all that dev time to be put into the itemization that actually needs work rather than all the fluff distraction crap on test right now    right?

Ratche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:15 AM   #43
theriatis

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

It was suggestions from you, the players, that we use the AA XP tracking system to give credit for achievements.  So with that suggestion, you have to also accept the caveats that come with it. Which means, you won't get credit for any kills in which you didn't receive AA XP. 

So either way, i have to go back and kill most of the KoS Dragons again ?

A) If we use the Tracking System, i was capped on AA on that time -> No AA XP.

B) If we don't use it, i have to go back also because there's nowhere noted in the game that i killed them.

Another Question for you:

Will the Eq2players Figures also be used for Achievements ? (For Example, there is a field which tells you how much Items you have crafted etc.)

Regards, Theriatis.

i need a good laugh now and then, too
theriatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:19 AM   #44
Foolsfolly

Loremaster

During the first 2 weeks of eq2, I did a ton of book quests. Only after the first big patch did I learn that those book quests were supposed to reward house items upon completion; they had been bugged and not rewarding anything. There was now no way for me to ever get these books for my home, and I am a very enthusiastic decorator. My library will never be complete thanks to this.

When I went on the forums and complained, asked for my books, the developers told me "too bad". Apparently there was no easy way for them to go back and retroactively reward the people who did the quests before the fix.

I am in favor of retroactive rewards. Give people what they have earned, as much as possible. And if a few get screwed along the way, then too bad. It's not like you're the first people who ever got cheated out of your retroactive rewards.

Foolsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:48 AM   #45
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

I voted "Either is fine with me, I trust your judgment and leave this decision in your capable hands." as I don't kill mobs and don't feel realy concerned by the problem. But if some had the possibility to kill a mob and gain AA with it and don't have it now, it would, perhaps, be better for them to retain the achievement (ok, it's my case for Tarinax for exemple. I killed him in green in one of the very very rare raid I did). But, well, do as you see fit.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #46
Noaani

Loremaster

theriatis wrote:

Will the Eq2players Figures also be used for Achievements ? (For Example, there is a field which tells you how much Items you have crafted etc.)

That lists items crafted, not combines made.

There is a difference.

The superior man knows what is right.
The inferior man knows what will sell.

Confucius

Noaani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:02 PM   #47
Bratface

Loremaster

Noaani wrote:

theriatis wrote:

There is a difference.

And what would that be?

Bratface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #48
FreaklyCreak

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Master71 wrote:

I was level 60 when AA were introduced.

So there are at last 50% of the world i had visited that didn't give me any AA Discovery.

So if you force me to re-discover these lands, i expect you to give me full AA credit for that.

By the way, you have ways to give achievement credit for these discoveries even if AA wasn't credited, should i remind you that you can't have discovery twice? so you already track discoveries since the launch of the game.

I voted that they are not retroactive in hopes that the reset means they give AA for Killing named again after the wipe, and discoveries again after the wipe.

That would allow ALLOT of people to get alts and some slower AA gaining mains to reach the AA cap before the next expansion.

Achievements and AA are two separate systems.  Whatever we decide to do with achievements will not impact AA XP.  We definitely won't be resetting AA xp for NPC's you've already killed and areas you've discovered. 

Then make it retro-active. Otherwise I'm not going back to do old content for no AA when I've already done it.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #49
FreaklyCreak

Loremaster

Bratface wrote:

Noaani wrote:

theriatis wrote:

There is a difference.

And what would that be?

You combine to make arrows. Thats one combine. The items crafted is 100 because one combine makes 100 items(for arrows atleast).

Old 09-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #50
Bratface

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Bratface wrote:

Noaani wrote:

theriatis wrote:

There is a difference.

And what would that be?

You combine to make arrows. Thats one combine. The items crafted is 100 because one combine makes 100 items(for arrows atleast).

It was working that way on test from what I understand but it is fixed now, one combine of 100 arrows only gives you one combine, not 100.

Bratface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #51
Rijacki

Tester

Bratface wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Bratface wrote:

Noaani wrote:

theriatis wrote:

There is a difference.

And what would that be?

It was working that way on test from what I understand but it is fixed now, one combine of 100 arrows only gives you one combine, not 100.

And that's why the EQ2players stat can't be used.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:20 PM   #52
Master71

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Master71 wrote:

I was level 60 when AA were introduced.

So there are at last 50% of the world i had visited that didn't give me any AA Discovery.

So if you force me to re-discover these lands, i expect you to give me full AA credit for that.

By the way, you have ways to give achievement credit for these discoveries even if AA wasn't credited, should i remind you that you can't have discovery twice? so you already track discoveries since the launch of the game.

I voted that they are not retroactive in hopes that the reset means they give AA for Killing named again after the wipe, and discoveries again after the wipe.

That would allow ALLOT of people to get alts and some slower AA gaining mains to reach the AA cap before the next expansion.

Achievements and AA are two separate systems.  Whatever we decide to do with achievements will not impact AA XP.  We definitely won't be resetting AA xp for NPC's you've already killed and areas you've discovered. 

As far as I'm concerned, i don't ask to reset AA xp, because in the first place, I didn't have it.

I ask for equity, if i'm forced to visit all these lands again because there were no AA xp when i visited them, I expect to have AA xp like everyone had after AA were released.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #53
Powers

Loremaster

Master71 wrote:

I ask for equity, if i'm forced to visit all these lands again because there were no AA xp when i visited them, I expect to have AA xp like everyone had after AA were released.

Well, first of all, no one's forcing you to do anything.

Second of all, I'm pretty sure when Acheivement Points (now Alternate Advancement) entered the game that all such things were reset; you could have gone back at any time and (if mentored) gotten credit for the kills.

Powers  &8^]

Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #54
Deveryn
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Fourth Wall

Loremaster

Powers wrote:

Master71 wrote:

Well, first of all, no one's forcing you to do anything.

Second of all, I'm pretty sure when Acheivement Points (now Alternate Advancement) entered the game that all such things were reset; you could have gone back at any time and (if mentored) gotten credit for the kills.

Powers  &8^]

How is it that if someone wants something and there's only one way to achieve it, they're not being forced to do it?

Old 09-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #55
Froed20

General

I voted for retroactive npc/disco credit.  Part of it is because I feel that it would help me determine what I actually have gone up against and help me to determine where to go for other achievments/disco that add to my alt advancement (or whatever the heck it's been renamed to now).  The other reason is because I really don't think you're going to see very many people running out in droves to pick up the extra POI's/Names they killed on their way to leveling.  Sure, completionists will, and if there's a nice appearance item some others might as well, but I don't think you're going to see near as many folks as you hope suddenly rushing to the older, lower level zones for their Bucky kill, especially if they've already killed the little jerk more times than they care to remember.

Froed20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:49 PM   #56
Cloudrat

Tester

I voted retro, because among other things, I don't think there is any possible way I will ever be able to get to do Tarinax in Death Toll again.  Just to mention one of the many mobs that I have killed and won't be able to kill again to close it out on the achievement list. SMILEY

Old 09-07-2009, 06:33 PM   #57
Maroger

Loremaster

Rijacki wrote:

Bratface wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Bratface wrote:

Noaani wrote:

theriatis wrote:

There is a difference.

And what would that be?

And that's why the EQ2players stat can't be used.

So some people get credit for 100 combines instead of 1 - no big deal -- better to give the credit than have to ask people to grind again. I vote against anything that makes me redo something I have already done. FUN IS GONE - iT IS NOT GRIND . DO WHAT IS FUN FOR PEOPLE  -- so the stats aren't quite right -but honestly who cares. Maybe you do but I suspect you are a minority

Maroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #58
Queen Alexandria

Loremaster

If you gave me credit for all the things I've done since I hit 200AA I would definitely have enough achievement experience to get another 100 points without doing anything more. I have 2500 completed quests, and I had 200AA before I did any of the TSO content (instances, shard quests, raiding)... so yeah... I deserve to have it retroactive. If I want to redo my achievements it will be with an alt. It doesn't make sense to me to have to rekill everything and go back to places I've already been. Seriously. For future reference, allow the AAxp to track achievements even after you've reached the cap. That way when you reintroduce more AAs, you can credit the people who are into experiencing evrything the game has to offer without having them redo all the content, again, and again.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:24 PM   #59
Korrupt
Server: Najena
Guild: Shoukin

Loremaster

Naming this new system achievments is teh biggest problem, as our old "achievment abilities" is too far ingrained in people for them to distinguish the 2 now. The majorit of complaints about this have been about AA, not the new achievment system. Rename it Feats or something so when you have a discussion about it you dont get discussion about 2 totally separate topics like what we are having now.

People, this poll and the achievment system has NOTHING to do with our current aa system outside of soe using it to retrieve past data when possible. Any arguement about AA xp is completely irrelevant here.

Korrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:15 AM   #60
Rothgar

Developer

theriatis wrote:

Rothgar wrote:

It was suggestions from you, the players, that we use the AA XP tracking system to give credit for achievements.  So with that suggestion, you have to also accept the caveats that come with it. Which means, you won't get credit for any kills in which you didn't receive AA XP. 

So either way, i have to go back and kill most of the KoS Dragons again ?

A) If we use the Tracking System, i was capped on AA on that time -> No AA XP.

B) If we don't use it, i have to go back also because there's nowhere noted in the game that i killed them.

Another Question for you:

Regards, Theriatis.

Only if the statistic is exactly the same as the achievement.  For example, I took your PvP kill streak that we also report to eq2 players for the PvP achievement.  But the crafting count is a total of all items, not a total of combines.  Since it doesn't match the achievement exactly, I can't use it.

Rothgar is offline   Reply With Quote