EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Connection Support
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-11-2008, 11:48 PM   #1
Gilasil

Loremaster

I have two machines.  The problem child is a laptop with Vista Home Premium with SP1 (32 bit) 2 GB Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz, with nVidia 8600m adapter with 256 MB memory.  It's been running EQ2 fine for months then all of a sudden it started logging me off to the desktop after a few seconds to a minute or two.  Until it logged me off I could interact normally with the world.  One time I even managed to get a quest and several times I chatted with guildies.  Then the logoff music starts playing and I'm looking at my desktop. 

Since the logoff music starts playing immediately before I figure it's not an actual crash per-se.  I redownloaded the whole thing fresh and it did no good except now instead of taking a few minutes to log me off it logs me off while still zoning in from character select.  Obviously now I can't check to see if I can interact normally before it logs me off.  I can sit in the character select screen all day without problem. 

As I was saying, it ran EQ2 just fine for months without problem until this suddenly started happening a few days ago.

Usually when it logs me off it gives no indication what's wrong.  However, one time it did say invalid login/password.  Except I'd obviously had to have the correct password to even get there.  In any event I then logged in again, disabling the choice to save the logon and password so I could type them in manually.  As was usual I got to character select, selected a character, and while zoning in it logged me off.

This happens with all characters on two servers (Blackburrow and Antonia Bayle)

I have another machine (XP pro 2 GB 3.2 GHz Pendium D, nVidia 7600 with 256 MB and it runs fine.  No problems whatsoever.  They're behind the same router.

Any ideas?

Gilasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:52 PM   #2
TSR-DanielH

Customer Service

Gilasil wrote:

Usually when it logs me off it gives no indication what's wrong.  However, one time it did say invalid login/password. 

This sounds like the login rejected bug.  Please PM me your station name so that I can investigate and have platform support apply the fix. 

You might want to send it over fast.  We're only here another 10 minutes and we're closed tomorrow.  If you get it in before 7pm then I promise to send it over to platform before I leave, though.

Technical Support Representative

Sony Online Entertainment
TSR-DanielH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:56 AM   #3
Gilasil

Loremaster

Whatever was done seems to have worked. I just finished a 90 minute session with no disconnects at all.

Thanks SMILEY

Gilasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #4
TSR-DanielH

Customer Service

Gilasil wrote:

Whatever was done seems to have worked. I just finished a 90 minute session with no disconnects at all.

Thanks

Great, I'm glad I was about to get that corrected for you.

Technical Support Representative

Sony Online Entertainment
TSR-DanielH is offline   Reply With Quote